Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? (3081 Views)

20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Men Learn From My Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Docii001(m): 11:08am On Aug 17, 2013
That statement really irks me. Just as much as a tweet I saw yesterday did, and I quote- "I was born to make mistakes not fake perfection". Now mistakes make us better but only when/if we realize that we never should have made them in the first place!
If we have a preset mindset that our existence is defined by making mistakes or our failures then we will never be mentally challenged to achieve something greater-victory!
Mistakes are common place but victory sets YOU apart from the rest; strive for it,long for it,chase after perfection and most importantly cry and 'kick' yourself when you make mistakes.
There are two kinds of people who motivate,I have found;
1)Those who inspire you with tales of woe,regrets,mistakes.....and you think to yourself I must not live my life like this so I do not end up this way. Ofcourse this is not a nollywood flick so not every story has to have a sad ending but fact is every mistake is followed closely with a 'price'; be it time,love,trust,money,missed opportunities...

2)Those who inspire you with tales of victory(albeit hard fought),triumph,success,overcoming challenges and temptations.....and you think I must live my life like this. Make your pick!

When you are old enough to realize that when you fail in school it affects your parents or when you do something immoral it breaks their heart. Then the picture starts getting painted and you see you are not the only one in it-you come to terms with the fact that its not just about you,your life and your mistakes.
You begin to see that your actions have effect on the people around you;the little ones who look up to you, your parents who have built their hopes on you,your friends/family who believe in you.
You see the DEPTH in the choices you make and that; when you steal public funds it affects millions of people...when you abuse someone it kills their confidence....when you cheat someone it makes it hard for them to trust others and this goes on like a cascade.
A few Nigerians have made a name for their countrymen as potential thieves and 419ers to the international community-their mistake/failure,now our burden.
The statement "my life,my mistakes" is a very selfish belief eulogized by egocentric 'adolescents' who still believe the sun rises and sets on their behalf. If you are 18 and above and still have this notion then you need to have a rethink because this in my opinion is the major reason why this country is corrupt and upside down- everyone justifies improper actions with selfish beliefs and misguided notions.
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by k2039: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2013
That's just how losers and mediocres console themselves.

1 Like

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 17, 2013
Big talk...fnx
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by tpia5: 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
Just mind your own business!

Eod.

Face your own life if you have one.

Why typing up epistles to justify your lack of manners and bad breeding.

Not to mention neuroses.

1 Like

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Docii001(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
tpia@:
Just mind your own business!

Eod.

Face your own life if you have one.

Why typing up epistles to justify your lack of manners and bad breeding.

Not to mention neuroses.

Tilapia it really shows you lack intuition and basic cognitive abilities. You belong in the shallow waters with your pint sized brain fellow species where you guys can peacefully coexist 'minding your own business'.
Next time adults are talking you do not just jump out of your 'little pond' snorting when you do not comprehend the significance of the issue that is on ground. Maturity is not a function of age but wisdom and from what I have just seen,you are a stark opposite of everything the word stands for.
By the way its neurosis,would have given you a tutorial on singular and plural,but it would be a waste of time and effort.
Please,where are the bright ones?

3 Likes

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Docii001(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
Harbosede02: Big talk...fnx

You are welcome
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Docii001(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
Harbosede02: Big talk...fnx

You are welcome.
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2013
Without getting all jealous and inferior here I honestly & strongly think it's nobody's business what I do... I don't owe nobody no explanation how I run my life as long as nobody gets hurt in the process and if they do well I'm sorry, that's why the word Apology and remorseful was invented... I live my life you live yours.... Getting all whirled up because of somebody else's lifestyle will not only damage your self esteem but shows how resentful you are to others success... It makes you manipulative and desperate to cause damage to others characters.

My Father told me its okay to make mistakes instead of feeling like a failure at what I'm not good at, it builds self esteem. I teach same too, because my daughter still uses training wheels while her peers already use two wheelers doesn't make her a loser... of course she will slow others down in races and all that but hey too bad or fall off the lane if you can't stand her.

At the end of the day I clean up my mistake crevices and move on... I will try to make it right next time BUT If I fail again, IT IS OKAY...., if you can't deal with that well too bad.

I AM BORN TO MAKE MISTAKES AND NOT FAKE PERFECTION.... I endorse that quote with all my might. cool and cos my Father taught and instilled that into me too.

By the way Good Topic Brb

1 Like

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
Would you rather the person tweeted; 'I am perfect'?

I think you are substituting mistakes in that tweet for failure or mediocrity. There really isn't anything in that tweet that says the person doesn't plan to learn from it or become better. It doesn't mean he has accepted not to strive to be the best. I just see someone saying 'mistakes are a part of life' with a side of F U to naysayers and pretenders around him/her.

I wouldn't call the actions of 419ers mistakes either. They knowingly and willfully set out to commit systematic crime. Not really sure that qualifies as a mistake.
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
That bolded Aphorism is just an Hyperbole IMO ... I don't believe any human in their right mind ( sane) will preset himself for failure just cause it's okay.

As the matter of fact, that saying happen to be one of the best recipe for raising a child... We all are bound to make mistakes... Nobody's perfect.

As per the 419 and Nigerian government ... Everybody will reap what they sow.... Lets not mix apples with oranges here.
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Docii001(m): 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
Mistake: an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.

A lot of Nigerians do not know the gravity of many actions because an average Nigerian is not raised to think deep. We are raised in a competitive setting where everyone faces his own race and does not bother how his actions affects his fellow man. I have a life,I have ambitions but what makes me different from others around me is before I do anything I think how it will affect the people around me. I do not go to the pot and serve myself without putting in mind how many are at home,and say sorry when one person does not get food.....when I'm outside I make extra effort to comport myself in a responsible way so I do not mislead anyone(whether you like it or not you have someone who looks up to you)because not everyone has the same level of discipline. That you can conveniently drink 10bottles of beer,does not mean the little boy who admires you would not become addicted if he tries it. I try as much as possible to make sure I do not cause anyone pain with my actions because how far does your 'Sorry' go. If everyone lived their lives considering the feelings of others,there would be a lot less problems and more happiness especially in this part of the world. A leader who repeatedly makes mistakes but still holds on to power not thinking what is best for his people- why blame him,he was raised with the mentality that its his life,his regime, and nobody's business however he chooses to rule. In life mistakes are inevitable but you do not base your life on it. Rather you base your life on the pursuit of perfection and learning from the mistakes that come with that hustle.

Check:
1)If your roommate is not hygienic- its his life his mistakes
2)You have people who smoke around,and even if its going to reduce your life span as a passive smoker its their life,we must mind our business?or sorry will magically increase your life span?
3)You have an unserious sibling who clearly does not know what lies ahead and so makes mistakes but since it his/her life we allow them make those mistakes knowing fully well the repercussion. Would sorry recover what they lost?
4)When I was in secondary school and was always playing pranks and the teachers questioned my upbringing-would sorry make my parents feel less horrible?
5)If you got a girl pregnant out of negligence,carelessness....would remorse feed the baby?
6)Yolo....and it is nobody's business so you get high,drive and hurt somebody....when your eyes is clear, you say sorry abi?
7)You have friends who do not take their work seriously(for whatever reason) and because its their life you mind your business and when they become useless you start giving them 'peanuts' or runaway-you are the close substitute of the devil.

1 Like

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Docii001(m): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
jidegirl12: That bolded Aphorism is just an Hyperbole IMO ... I don't believe any human in their right mind ( sane) will preset himself for failure just cause it's okay.

As the matter of fact, that saying happen to be one of the best recipe for raising a child... We all are bound to make mistakes... Nobody's perfect.

As per the 419 and Nigerian government ... Everybody will reap what they sow.... Lets not mix apples with oranges here.

Success is not an easy task. Its actually easier to fail,so people have just invented a way to make failure seem okay. Its just the same way when we were in school and you do badly and your parents ask you why you failed then you respond- "the result was generally bad". In other words it is okay that you performed badly. My parents would ask me the people who managed to pass,do they have two heads? When I answered that question I stopped being among those who failed. You hardly find someone who would admit he made a mistake/failed because he was careless or reckless. So now people just feel,its okay, and for anyone who tries to tell them you made this mistake because you are unserious....they say mind your own goddam business!
Truth is bitter and no one likes it.
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
Docii001: Mistake: an error in action, calculation, opinion, or judgment caused by poor reasoning, carelessness, insufficient knowledge, etc.

Yeah, neither a 419er nor a looter fall into that definition. And neither do a couple of the examples in your recent post.
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by coogar: 10:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
Docii001:

Tilapia it really shows you lack intuition and basic cognitive abilities. You belong in the shallow waters with your pint sized brain fellow species where you guys can peacefully coexist 'minding your own business'.
Next time adults are talking you do not just jump out of your 'little pond' snorting when you do not comprehend the significance of the issue that is on ground. Maturity is not a function of age but wisdom and from what I have just seen,you are a stark opposite of everything the word stands for.
By the way its neurosis,would have given you a tutorial on singular and plural,but it would be a waste of time and effort.
Please,where are the bright ones?

2 Likes

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by EfemenaXY: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
Docii001:

When you are old enough to realize that when you fail in school it affects your parents or when you do something immoral it breaks their heart. Then the picture starts getting painted and you see you are not the only one in it-you come to terms with the fact that its not just about you,your life and your mistakes.
You begin to see that your actions have effect on the people around you;the little ones who look up to you, your parents who have built their hopes on you,your friends/family who believe in you.
You see the DEPTH in the choices you make and that; when you steal public funds it affects millions of people...when you abuse someone it kills their confidence....when you cheat someone it makes it hard for them to trust others and this goes on like a cascade.
A few Nigerians have made a name for their countrymen as potential thieves and 419ers to the international community-their mistake/failure,now our burden.

The statement "my life,my mistakes" is a very selfish belief eulogized by egocentric 'adolescents' who still believe the sun rises and sets on their behalf. If you are 18 and above and still have this notion then you need to have a rethink because this in my opinion is the major reason why this country is corrupt and upside down- everyone justifies improper actions with selfish beliefs and misguided notions.

A beautiful write up aptly summarising "Cause and Effect".

Well said!
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by baby124: 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
I actually agree with Tpia here. Truly other people's lives is no ones business except they ask for your help. People should be allowed to live their lives and makes their mistakes . No one should feel it is their place to impose their ideas on others because you have no idea what it is to walk in their shoes

1 Like

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by EfemenaXY: 11:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
^^ True - to an extent.

That privacy to "minding one's own business" stops the moment an act has a ripple effect and affects other innocent parties.

1 Like

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Efemena_xy:

A beautiful write up aptly summarising "Cause and Effect".

Well said!

Madam,where hath thou been?
Very busy I guess?
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by baby124: 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ True - to an extent.

That privacy to "minding one's own business" stops the moment an act has a ripple effect and affects other innocent parties.
Drawing a line in where it affects others is left to interpretation. Besides if an adult chooses not to bother about how you feel about their life or how it affects you. What can you do about it other than move on? And stop letting someone's misdirection a affect you to the extent of being upset about their life choices. I agree with you though. But playing this I must impose myself game on an adult usually backfires. Even if their life is heading for a crash
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Kanwulia: 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
Singing to myself. . . .

THE RAIN IN SPAIN STAYS MAINLY IN THE PLAINS!!!!

Ooooose wan consine moi?

Please, everyone is entitled to VENTING!!!' kiss
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by EfemenaXY: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Madam,where hath thou been?
Very busy I guess?

My dear, na work / family life O!

I see I've got a lot of catching up to do here cheesy

I'm fine though, how're you and yours? smiley

baby_123:
Drawing a line in where it affects others is left to interpretation. Besides if an adult chooses not to bother about how you feel about their life or how it affects you. What can you don about it other than move on? And stop letting someone's misdirection a affect you to the extent of being upset about their life choices. I agree with you though. But playing this I must impose myself game on an adult usually backfires. Even if their life is heading for a crash

True that. But in a situation where accountability is not the norm and people in high positions get away with virtually committing blue murder and all sorts of atrocities, what happens next?

You get the frustrated masses taking the laws into their own hands and we all end up with "Jungle Justice"
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by baby124: 12:02am On Aug 18, 2013
Kanwulia: Singing to myself. . . .

THE RAIN IN SPAIN STAYS MAINLY IN THE PLAINS!!!!

Ooooose wan consine moi?

Please, everyone is entitled to VENTING!!!' kiss
Men, your names are too funny. How do you come up with it?LOL!!!
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by EfemenaXY: 12:03am On Aug 18, 2013
^^ cheesy cheesy

Don't mind her jare. Mgbeketoto was the funniest of them all.

I don't get this new name though...abi I'm missing something here? cheesy
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by baby124: 12:07am On Aug 18, 2013
Efemena_xy:

My dear, na work / family life O!

I see I've got a lot of catching up to do here cheesy

I'm fine though, how're you and yours? smiley

True that. But in a situation where accountability is not the norm and people in high positions get away with virtually committing blue murder and all sorts of atrocities, what happens next?

You get the frustrated masses taking the laws into their own hands and we all end up with "Jungle Justice"
In the context of the criminals you have to leave them alone too or report to the appropriate authorities. Nothing else can be done. Some people no dey hear till they are in chains behind a cell. The only thing one can do is advice and move far away. Because when they are caught they might gather everyone in their mediate vicinity. Again, when an adult decides to stray, absolutely nothing can be done till they learn bitter lessons. Life has a way of teaching us all and we all pay for our bad deeds. Whether in secret or in public
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by baby124: 12:10am On Aug 18, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ cheesy cheesy

Don't mind her jare. Mgbeketoto was the funniest of them all.

I don't get this new name though...abi I'm missing something here? cheesy
grin grin grin
She always finds distinctive and hilarious names. I think dayo called her mgbeketoto and before you can count to one she surfaced under the name. NL mods dey try and should leave her alone. They are just wasting their time banning her monikers. Hahahaha
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by tpia5: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2013
Topic

No, it is not your business, especially you "she took a crap yesterday and didnt take another till three days" nlers.

Should i pull up the irritating threads where people are demonstrating their i.diocy?

Na so una go dey pretend say na utilitarianism una dey do, whereas na bad belle dey worry una, very insidious, abnormal and satanic bad belle for that matter.

1 Like

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by EfemenaXY: 12:17am On Aug 18, 2013
baby_123:
In the context of the criminals you have to leave them alone too or report to the appropriate authorities. Nothing else can be done. Some people no dey hear till they are in chains behind a cell. The only thing one can do is advice and move far away. Because when they are caught they might gather everyone in their mediate vicinity. Again, when an adult decides to stray, absolutely nothing can be done till they learn bitter lessons. Life has a way of teaching us all and we all pay for our bad deeds. Whether in secret or in public

Still depends on the nature of the crime they plan to perputate.

If you discover a terrorist plot to bomb a popular market place, you won't keep it to yourself and mind your own business, will you?

Or if you hear of a planned robbery attack to / at your neighbours? Won't you warn your neighbours? I've heard of similar situations where one calls up the police to report and they ask, "are the robbers at your home yet? If not, then mind your own business!" shocked angry

baby_123:
grin grin grin
She always finds distinctive and hilarious names. I think dayo called her mgbeketoto and before you can count to one she surfaced under the name. NL mods dey try and should leave her alone. They are just wasting their time banning her monikers. Hahahaha

smiley smiley
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by EfemenaXY: 12:17am On Aug 18, 2013
oops! Double post... smiley
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by coogar: 12:41am On Aug 18, 2013
baby_123: I actually agree with Tpia here. Truly other people's lives is no ones business except they ask for your help. People should be allowed to live their lives and makes their mistakes . No one should feel it is their place to impose their ideas on others because you have no idea what it is to walk in their shoes

their way of life has a ripple effect on the society - the world is getting more screwed up because everyone kept minding their own business.

i should be able to stop a potential teenage pregnancy of my neighbour's daughter in a sane world. however, minding my business means i am supposed to look the other way.

the girl would have a baby she cannot take care of - her boyfriend would probably be an absent dad and this child is more likely to grow up unruly. in another 20 years, he might become the neighbourhood predator stalking my own daughter.......

what has ''minding our business" really achieved in the grand scheme of things? if ariel castro's neighbours didn't mind their business, there's a high possibility those 2 girls wouldn't have had to be kept in a basement for 10 years.

1 Like

Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by baby124: 12:56am On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

their way of life has a ripple effect on the society - the world is getting more screwed up because everyone kept minding their own business.

i should be able to stop a potential teenage pregnancy of my neighbour's daughter in a sane world. however, minding my business means i am supposed to look the other way.

the girl would have a baby she cannot take care of - her boyfriend would probably be an absent dad and this child is more likely to grow up unruly. in another 20 years, he might become the neighbourhood predator stalking my own daughter.......

what has ''minding our business" really achieved in the grand scheme of things? if ariel castro's neighbours didn't mind their business, there's a high possibility those 2 girls wouldn't have had to be kept in a basement for 10 years.
I will really like to know how you can stop a neighbors daughter from getting pregnant. Coogar did you read my response to the criminal aspect of this post
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Skinni10ne: 2:29am On Aug 18, 2013
I absolutely agree with this!

Some ppl who say my life, my mistakes, my business, usually make mistakes for all to see. And when they realize they were wrong, they announce they make mistakes. Like k2039 said they console themselves. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone knows that, but some of us try not to make them.

But one thing ive come to realize is that
everyone is different. Some ppl learn from their experiences while others, like myself, observe & try to learn from others. My motto: measure twice, cut once.

Emotional/YOLO/impulsive, I can do whatever I want, live in the moment and think of consequences later ppl VERSUS Rational/cautious/think twice b4 doing things ppl. We're all different, thats the beauty of life.
Re: My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 18, 2013
I agree with the poster 100%.
I was in my late teens when I wrote these words in my diary 'nobody is perfect they say, but I strive for perfection.' I will never exalt my mistakes. I do not fear criticisms. It is a fear of criticism that encourages people to say things like that, lol.
But I also had to learn that people's upbringing and challenges are different and would actually see the world differently from you. Judging people based on my motto would make me run mad, so I decided to strive for my own perfection, and leave others to strive to whatever their hearts endear them to as far as it's not illegal or unethical.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wish Your Family Happy New Year The Mathematical Way. [must See] / Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg / Should I Remain Silent Or Tell Him About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.