Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful (3044 Views)

Man Abandons His Young Wife And Kids, Moves In With Another Lady. Photos / Mother Goes Topless With Her Daughter For Her 1st Birthday, Rock Body Paint / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lolaxavier(m): 1:15am On Oct 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by nairalandmaster(f): 1:17am On Oct 22, 2015
ok i have seen. what next smiley?
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lolaxavier(m): 1:27am On Oct 22, 2015
We no sabi dat kind punishment for naija. Bring d girl make she come ride bicycle small, then switch to 'touch ur toe' or 'praise god' grin
Trust me, all d winch way dey worry am go disappear in five minutes. If symptoms persist, no worry, just relax, we get another style wey be say na only one minute d winch go take clear...

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 22, 2015
dats good idea

1 Like

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by menix(m): 2:10am On Oct 22, 2015
That one no fit work for 9ja pikin.

Give d pikin beta pick pin punishment, d evil spirit in her go adjust.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by marshalcarter: 2:34am On Oct 22, 2015
Hehehehehehehehehehe......dis 1 na funishment grin not punishment......cum let african parents esp 9ja parents show you wats called punishment undecided
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Idydarling(f): 3:04am On Oct 22, 2015
lolaxavier:
We no sabi dat kind punishment for naija. Bring d girl make she come ride bicycle small, then switch to 'touch ur toe' or 'praise god' grin
Trust me, all d winch way dey worry am go disappear in five minutes. If symptoms persist, no worry, just relax, we get another style wey be say na only one minute d winch go take clear...
wicked!
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by b3llo(m): 3:17am On Oct 22, 2015
The man is soft hearted but his approach is simple and direct.

10 Likes

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 22, 2015
The punishment is not too much but posting it online is too much. She is a child and she needn't be humiliated in a very public manner like this.

8 Likes

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lolaxavier(m): 6:14am On Oct 22, 2015
Idydarling:

wicked!

dem don come o....all dis girls wey be like "my dad has never slapped or flogged me before"
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lilmax(m): 6:25am On Oct 22, 2015
This is no punishment,she still has her comfort

1 Like

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 22, 2015
Ajebo punishment, I'm sure it'll work on her and it'll also work on a Nigerian kid, so long as the kid is not ajekpako

2 Likes

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 22, 2015
Rainess:
The punishment is not too much but posting it online is too much. She is a child and she needn't be humiliated in a very public manner like this.
he's teaching parents how to treat stubborn children, nothing like humiliation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by gidjah(m): 6:56am On Oct 22, 2015
you are furnishing her and not punishing her ,come to our jungle and learn punishing skills.all d same, u are a good daddy abeg
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by johnydon22(m): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2015
[b]Children listen more to words said with love and kindness, they relate more to the person they trust..

we should try to pay more listening ears to them, try to understand the circumstances behind their action because one thing i understand it.

"There is a circumstance behind every action"

why not make our kids trust us and not fear us, why make them be open to us instead of submissive.

it is wrong to threaten or coerce a child into submission with threat of violence or punishment.

Relating into the problems behind their actions will make you deal with your children more kindly, with patience and intense love.

Their love for you becomes the basis of adhering to the tenets of your teachings not their fear or coerced submission..

Any form of child beating or cruel treatment on a child is not correction but abuse, that child will not change because they want to change but only will end up having that fear as a basis for his/her submission.

Only kindness, patience, love and understanding can reach out into these young ones and only earning their trust will make them listen to you more their own self..

#StopChildBeating....
[/b]

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Omotayor123(f): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2015
grin
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Omotayor123(f): 8:21am On Oct 22, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]Children listen more to words said with love and kindness, they relate more to the person they trust..

we should try to pay more listening to them, try to understand the circumstances behind their action because one thing i understand it.

"There is a circumstance behind every action"

why not make our kids trust us and not fear us, why make them be open to us instead of submissive.

it is wrong to threaten or coerce a child into submission with threat of violence or punishment.

Relating into the problems behind their actions will make you deal with your children more kindly, with patience and intense love.

Their love for you becomes the basis of adhering to the tenets of your teachings not their fear or coerced submission..

Any form of child beating or cruel treatment on a child is not correction but abuse, that child will not change because they want to change but only will end up having that fear as a basis for his/her submission.

Only kindness, patience, love and understanding can reach out into these young ones and only earning their trust will make them listen to you more their own self..

#StopChildBeating....
[/b]
Not All... Some children will not blink an eye until they see 'Koboko'.. Not all children can be corrected with words everytime.

Just conduct a personal survey by being around them, then you will understand what I'm talking about.!

5 Likes

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lolaxavier(m): 8:36am On Oct 22, 2015
Rainess:

Rather it is a mild form of punishment. I would call it trimmed. When she grows up smoking pot and stealing, then you'd recall you should have done better when she's still a kid... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Exponental(m): 8:39am On Oct 22, 2015
torture.... it could have a negative impact too.
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by doublewisdom: 8:41am On Oct 22, 2015
The father get time to waste. A few strokes with the cane or bunch of broom would have aligned the child sharperly .
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by johnydon22(m): 8:48am On Oct 22, 2015
Omotayor123:

Not All... Some children will not blink an eye until they see 'Koboko'.. Not all children can be corrected with words everytime.
Just conduct a personal survey by being around them, then you will understand what I'm talking about.!
[b]

I grew up in a ghetto where beating children or meting out all kinds of punishment is a norm.

You can never beat a children to change his or her mind, you can only coerce them into submission with such wrathful authority.

In the place where i grew up, beating children was a daily activity, punishing them, slapping them at the slightest provocation

Yet as i speak to you now most of my age mates and even the ones i am well older than are full blown cultists, pick pockets and some rob.

Where have all the beatings gone to? why didn't the beating correct this even though they all received humongous punishment for every wrong doing as children.

Beat a child now a time will come when you can no longer beat him or her.. such wrathful coercion through punishment can only instill an anger that lingers, bitterness that destroys and a fear that diminishes them.

Children should trust you not fear you..

Try this next time.. Be extremely patient in dealing with children, use kind words and soothing coercions and most of all understand the reason for their actions because you cannot solve what you have no idea why..

thats the problem... once you know the "why" then solve the "why"

their love and trust should be a basis of conformity not fear and unwilling submission...

My opinion though cus thats the way i interact with my little nephews and nieces and other little ones around and exactly the way i will deal with my children..
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lolaxavier(m): 8:48am On Oct 22, 2015
Exponental:
torture.... it could have a negative impact too.

Which kind negative impact...pikin wey dem suppose use broom reset...
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by johnydon22(m): 8:56am On Oct 22, 2015
lolaxavier:

Rather it is a mild form of punishment. I would call it trimmed. When she grows up smoking pot and stealing, then you'd recall you should have done better when she's still a kid... undecided
Beating a child doesn't mean she/he won't grow up to do what they want..

Look around you, is this not Nigeria? where we hold the ideology of punishing children..

why then is our society like this? why this level of moral decay? Don't they smoke pot and steal as you call it? why didn't the beating work magic?

Just this society is enough to show you that beating children is never a basis of their morality, they will still grow to be exactly as they want..

Beat them when you can they will get to a time when you cannot beat them anymore just shout and watch..

This should be enough to show beating or meting out cruel punishments on children has never solved the problem some rather compounds it because they get used to such abuse and it fans their rebellion rather than extinguish it..

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2015
So, for the man mind, he dey punish him pikin. . . With mattress on the floor and correct food? And the pikin dey cry like who dem dey really punish oo. SMH

They should come to Naija and see what they call punishment. Mstcheewww
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lolaxavier(m): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2015
johnydon22:
Beating a child doesn't mean she/he won't grow up to do what they want..

Look around you, is this not Nigeria? where we hold the ideology of punishing children..

why then is our society like this? why this level of moral decay? Don't they smoke pot and steal as you call it? why didn't the beating work magic?

Just this society is enough to show you that beating children is never a basis of their morality, they will still grow to be exactly as they want..

Beat them when you can they will get to a time when you cannot beat them anymore just shout and watch..

This should be enough to show beating or meting out cruel punishments on children has never solved the problem some rather compounds it because they get used to such abuse and it fans their rebellion rather than extinguish it..

And you think their society supercedes outs when it comes to morality.
There is a time when you can no longer beat them but while you can, please do. Punishment doesn't mean you want to kill the child. There are some forms of effective trashing that sends a message through a hard soul without physical injury e.g.

Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by K9blunt(f): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2015
that's creative punishment

I like it. grin
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lolaxavier(m): 10:31am On Oct 22, 2015
K9blunt:
that's creative punishment

I like it. grin

grin
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by FlySly05: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2015
Personally I still believe that if you spare the rod you will spoil the child. Johnydon citing examples of his mates growing up to be no-do-goods doesn't stem from punishments as children but rather lack of monitoring and affection. Myself and I believe I speak for most NLs who were born and raised in the 80s were raised with iron-fist and we mostly turned out well.
I have a cane at home for my kids when they get outta line, it doesn't mean I'm a ruthless, mean father but rather it helps in "sculpting" them to be a better person to themselves and a productive member of the society.
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lolaxavier(m): 11:48am On Oct 22, 2015
FlySly05:
Personally I still believe that if you spare the rod you will spoil the child. Johnydon citing examples of his mates growing up to be no-do-goods doesn't stem from punishments as children but rather lack of monitoring and affection. Myself and I believe I speak for most NLs who were born and raised in the 80s were raised with iron-fist and we mostly turned out well.
I have a cane at home for my kids when they get outta line, it doesn't mean I'm a ruthless, mean father but rather it helps in "sculpting" them to be a better person to themselves and a productive member of the society.

Trust me, I totally agree.
It is in the light of trying to be modern that these kids are way outta hand these days. It effectively worked back then, nothing stops it from working now. wink
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by ifyalways(f): 11:58am On Oct 22, 2015
I don't like this idea of punishment or correction, whichever applies but I have no opinion on how another deals with his/her ward.

Second of, Posting it online with the childs picture is not cool, IMO.
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by lilmax(m): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
ifyalways:
I don't like this idea of punishment or correction, whichever applies but I have no opinion on how another deals with his/her ward.

Second of, Posting it online with the childs picture is not cool, IMO.
Re: Photos: See How A Father Punished His Young Daughter For Being Disrespectful by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
lolaxavier:

Every kid pushes their parents boundaries. It is not a sign of growing up to be a pot smoker/ theif

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Exactly Is The Duty Of A Wife? / Wellwoman Original (all Round Health, Vitality And Well-being) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.