Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? (786 Views)

Anxiety Across Nigeria As Cases Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Hold Today / Disqualification: APC & Buhari Reject Court's Orders Of Service / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by THEJOURNALIST: 4:19am On Aug 18, 2013
Tweet
APGA appeal panel upholds disqualification
of Soludo, others
2013-08-17 23:09:08
Tony Ojielo-led appeal panel of the All Progressive
Grand Alliance on Saturday in Abuja dismissed the
appeal filed by a former governor of the Central Bank
of Nigeria, Prof. Charles Soludo, and five others
challenging their disqualification from the Anambra
State governorship election for lack of merit.
Six persons who were disqualified by the party's
Governorship Screening Committee had appeared
before the panel to contest their disqualification by
the committee.
The appeal panel which has Tony Ojielo as chairman,
Bala Bako (Secretary), Dr. Mic Adams, Ogometu
Ukpenetus and Hadiza Gogori as members, had
earlier promised to make its decision known within
24 hours.
But a source in APGA told SUNDAY PUNCH on
Saturday that "all the appeals were dismissed for
lacking in merit."
The screening panel of APGA had on Friday
disqualified six of the party's aspirants, who showed
interest in the November 16 governorship election in
the state.
A statement by the chairman of the governorship
screening panel of APGA, Tayo Sowunmi; Secretary,
Mr. Ifeanyi Mbaeri and a member, Onwuka Ukwa, had
stated at the conclusion of the panel's sitting that
some of aspirants failed to scale through the test.
The six aspirants that failed the screening were Mr.
Emmanuel Nweke; Ogbuefi Nnaechetta; Mr. Chinedu
Idigo; Dr. Chike Obidigbo; Mr. Oseloka Obaze and
Soludo.
However the panel said seven aspirants were
successful. The successful aspirants are, Mr.
Chukwuemeka Nwogbo, Mr. Paul Odenigbo, Mr. Uche
Ekwunife, Mr. Willie Obiano, Mr. John Nwosu, Mr.
John Okechukwu Emeka and Nwachi Patrick
Obianwu.
It was learnt that some of the reasons given for not
clearing the aspirants ranged from non-presentation
of voters card, lack of evidence of financial strength
to execute the campaign, incomplete certificate and
their inability to submit tax clearance.

mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/apga-appeal-panel-upholds-disqualification-of-soludo-others/
Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by bashydemy(m): 5:39am On Aug 18, 2013
Once again Soludo has begin to ruin his political ambition since the day he join APGA, Well he should move to LP. First to comment anyway.
Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by Nobody: 6:13am On Aug 18, 2013
gudmorning Nairaland
Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 18, 2013
Un-resolved issues with the EFCC? I thought we are all assumed innocent until proven guilty in court?

The right to vote and be voted for can be established with or without a voters card! You just have to check if the candidate is an ex-convict? of age? etc and recommend that they get their voters card sorted

and who says you can only run for election if you have money to fund your campaign. Can't political parties help whoever emerges the candidate raise the resources they need to execute their campaign?

OBJ was in Prison when he was drafted to run for President, he had no money. Yar'adua was not ready to spend his personal money for his Presidency either, PDP funded it! This is why you have political parties. They help raise funds for the right candidate!

The spirit of all the rules being quoted by APGA is wrong and I hold Victor Umeh responsible for this nonesense. APGA will not make progress untill he is out of the way!

APGA just shut herself in the foot. They will pay for this arrogance

PDP will win Anambra!

2 Likes

Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by asha80(m): 7:00am On Aug 18, 2013
mikeansy: Un-resolved issues with the EFCC? I thought we are all assumed innocent until proven guilty in court?

The right to vote and be voted for can be established with or without a voters card! You just have to check if the candidate is an ex-convict? of age? etc and recommend that they get their voters card sorted

APGA just shut herself in the foot. They will pay for this arrogance

PDP will win Anambra!
then know that anambra would go to the dogs if that happens because their is no credible candidate in pdp.
Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 18, 2013
asha 80: then know that anambra would go to the dogs if that happens because their is no credible candidate in pdp.

there is no credible candidate anywhere else
Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 18, 2013
wink

Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2013
GEJ has already lost 2015, dat is a fact.

First he picks a fight with the Rivers State Gov fellow South southerner.

Now his party mechanism destabilises Soludo with their earlier probing initiated with intent to stop Soludo in his track.

This is the same President who Pardon Alamieyeseigha, a well known and corrupt official.

Then he allows Bakassi to slip through the net.

One wonders if Buhari can do worst.

The only way both Apga and GEJ PDP can survive all dis blunders is to rig demselves into power.

I have never seen such dumb and week political strategy in my life.

Omo, i know dey like anything dat gives me too much headache, i am starting to warm up to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 18, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: GEJ has already lost 2015, dat is a fact.

First he picks a fight with the Rivers State Gov fellow South southerner.

Now his party mechanism destabilises Soludo with their earlier probing initiated with intent to stop Soludo in his track.

This is the same President who Pardon Alamieyeseigha, a well known and corrupt official.

Then he allows Bakassi to slip through the net.

One wonders if Buhari can do worst.

The only way both Apga and GEJ PDP can survive all dis blunders is to rig demselves into power.

I have never seen such dumb and week political strategy in my life.

Omo, i know dey like anything dat gives me too much headache, i am starting to warm up to Buhari.

lol

I am beginning to wonder Victor Umeh's role in all this, I think he might just be the hand of Essau pulling all the silly strings

Because why will Peter Obi's SSG resign from office just to be disqualified by APGA?
Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by asha80(m): 8:23am On Aug 18, 2013
mikeansy:

lol

I am beginning to wonder Victor Umeh's role in all this, I think he might just be the hand of Essau pulling all the silly strings

Because why will Peter Obi's SSG resign from office just to be disqualified by APGA?
that is why i keep saying the whole scenario has not played itself out....something fishy and funny is going on.
Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2013
asha 80: that is why i keep saying the whole scenario has not played itself out....something fishy and funny is going on.

Whatever it is that is going on will destroy APGA because what does having a case with EFCC mean? Anybody can have an EFCC or Police investigation and while those investigations are going on the accused remains innocent until proven guilty in court.

So this rule by APGA is ridiculous and it will destroy them
Re: APGA Upholds Soludo's Disqualification, Others? by ik4life: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2013
mikeansy:

Whatever it is that is going on will destroy APGA because what does having a case with EFCC mean? Anybody can have an EFCC or Police investigation and while those investigations are going on the accused remains innocent until proven guilty in court.

So this rule by APGA is ridiculous and it will destroy them
wit dis apga has just lost anambra it is nw a straight fight bw ngige ad ifeanyi uba pdp cn neva rule anambra again wit dis situation nw I wil go 4 ifeanyi uba of lp

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Governor Accused Of Using Multi-billion Naira Oleri Leisure Park As / PDP Crisis: Drama As Obasanjo’s Peace Move Fails / Governor Amaechi Finally Allowed To Enter The Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.