Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ... (946 Views)

Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions / Medieval Catholic Indulgences Versus The Tithe Doctrine / Jack Straw Versus The Veil Of Aisha Bint Talha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

... by Danhumprey: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Re: ... by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2013
I thought you were talking about Traditional Religion.

what a waste of time. .
Re: ... by olad2020: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2013
Firstly, Christianity is not a Religion.

Secondly, being a Christian is not centred on Church attendance alone. Anybody can attend Church even the Devil. I wonder why Christians use attending Church as a measurement of a person's spiritual life. This is the reason why when we see someone who goes to church sin, we begin to wonder if its better to remain an unbeliever.

If by old time religion, you mean the early church. Then I agree with you that is the model Christians should follow I.e preaching the gospel, loving others, having a close knit christian fellowship, giving to those who lack, staying away from sin.

Whether we attend church or not(I say this cause we are the church not the physical building), if our lives don't follow the model of the early Christians, we need to check ourselves if we are truely living right with God.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Truth - GOD Has No Hand In Marriage / What Does It Mean To Backslide? / Help Me Interpret My Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.