Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe (745 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal And Other Northern Governors Pose For A Shot At Sokoto Airport / Adebayo Shittu: "No Comment On Boko Haram, For My Family's Safety” / LEADERSHIP TUSSLE: Soyinka Resigns As CBCIU Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by chagga(m): 10:47am On Aug 18, 2013
Northern governors ignored Boko Haram for 2015 tussle; Rivers crisis is like watching African Magic – Okupe

By Wale Odunsi on August 18, 2013

Doyin Okupe

Senior Special Assistant to President Jonathan on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, has insisted that some developments in the country’s polity were geared towards destablising the purported re-election bid of President Goodluck Jonathan.

According to him, events such as the political crisis in Rivers state and the tour of the country by some northern governors, were part of the plot to cause confusion in the build-up to the 2015 general election.

Speaking on a Liberty Radio programme, Guest of the Week in Kaduna, Okupe described the claim that the five governors’ mission was motivated by the crisis in Rivers as a “national joke”, wondering why they failed to do same when the Boko Haram insurgents were bombing innocent Nigerians.

The same programme featured the former FCT Minister, Mallam Nasir El-rufai, last Saturday.

El-rufai had accused Jonathan of playing ethnic and religious politics, as well as shielding oil thieves who are ready to fund his re-election campaign.

But the aide said that President Jonathan had not told him that he intends to contest the 2015 elections, and that if he eventually decides to contest, such decision should not be allowed to overheat the system.

“If Jonathan wants to contest and you are not happy about it, go to the poll and defeat him. Nigerians must wake up. What is four years in the life of a country that is worth burning a country? Is it worth destroying our democracy? he asked

“You heard about five governors who said they were motivated to go round the whole country because of Rivers crisis. Is that not a national joke? It is like watching African Magic.

Okupe further quipped that “What is the crisis in Rivers? Who is Amaechi and what is the issue that the whole country is being disturbed because of something that happened at the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF)?

“What is Nigerian Governors Forum to the destiny of this country? What has it got to do with us? The Rivers crisis is something that people just latch unto to fane the embers of this anti-Jonathan emotion and to continue to promote hatred against Goodluck Jonathan.

“And of course, Amaechi is a willing tool, very rich and is very useful to the opposition. What you are seeing is an over dramatisation of the preparations for 2015 period.

Continuing “These governors that were so motivated, so passionately concern about the ultimate destiny of Nigeria, were not motivated when the Boko Haram crises were raging in the north to go round the north and plead on how to solve the problem.

“They were not concern enough for the thousands of people that were being bombed, killed in their mosques and churches in their domains under their eyes. I feel like crying, people are opening their doors to hypocrites.

“Let them leave the Rivers state police Commissioner alone. I don’t know how people got my number. I have text messages from ordinary people who are not politicians, people whose families have suffered grave injustice in the hands of Amaechi in Rivers state. I am telling you this. God Almighty is my witness. I will show you these text messages so that you can confirm it.

“Amaechi used police and power to harass, intimidate and punish people unjustly. Mbu has refused to be a tool in the hands of Amaechi and has refused to bend to his unjustified high handedness. However, because he is supported by the opposition, he now presents Mbu as a villain. It is not true. He is a professional man, he is a man of dignity who has remained steadfast.

“People must find the truth. The Holy book said you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. Nigerians are becoming too gullible, they swallow anything; hook line and sinker. I am glad that Chief Obasanjo as an elder statesman is trying to mediate. He has mediated in many international conflicts and has recorded successes, but in his own country, people cannot listen because the stakes are higher than Obasanjo’s intervention. People are looking for power in 2015.

“So I’m not surprised that there is no result. How will these five governors be at a meeting and they will not rally round Obasanjo and solve the problem? The elites in this country are only after their own interest”, he said.http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/08/18/northern-governors-ignored-boko-haram-for-2015-tussle-rivers-crisis-is-like-watching-african-magic-okupe/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=northern-governors-ignored-boko-haram-for-2015-tussle-rivers-crisis-is-like-watching-african-magic-okupe
Re: Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2013
YOU n your employer know better abt d causes of the crises, even d bokoharam issue.
Bokoharam is a pdp baby...
Time will vindicate Islam n all d innocent pple ascribed to bokoharam, esp d pple's general...GMB 4 life.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by Kingspin(m): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
Wonderful, this is not yet in the frontpage. This a national issue for Nigerians to behold and it far more important than all this bigotry tribe relate matter.
Re: Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by ccwizard: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hmmmmmm. Waiting for lie Mohammed n Ameachi to comment.
Re: Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
Okupe roar on, when the time comes, all of 'em will know what the fire does to the ears of rats.
Re: Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
This Okupe man is an Oku igbe for real! Always quick to attack personality while leaving unattended the subject matter. Claiming the 5 Northern governors abandoned Boko Haram issues for something else,I asked are the governors the president who has the mandate to ensure security all over nigeria?

The same way he would accuse Buhari as being a sympathiser,sponsor n the like of Boko Haram as if Buhari is the Commander In Chief. Its is patently clear that GEJ using this Okupe always want to deflect blame of their incompetence and cluelessness unto others

If the 5 governors are gallivanting all over Nigeria,do they stop yr brain from doing yr own job? Jittery president!
Re: Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by pistol: 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
REHOZIBAH: This Okupe man is an Oku igbe for real! Always quick to attack personality while leaving unattended the subject matter. Claiming the 5 Northern governors abandoned Boko Haram issues for something else,I asked are the governors the president who has the mandate to ensure security all over nigeria?

The same way he would accuse Buhari as being a sympathiser,sponsor n the like of Boko Haram as if Buhari is the Commander In Chief. Its is patently clear that GEJ using this Okupe always want to deflect blame of their incompetence and cluelessness unto others

If the 5 governors are gallivanting all over Nigeria,do they stop yr brain from doing yr own job? Jittery president!

You are talking nonsense.
Okupe was spot on..
I always drown myself with laughter whenever I hear the five governors going on circus round the country their reason being on saving democracy...
Murtala Nyako state is under emergency cos of his ineptitude and cluelessness n he is saving our democracy...
I laff in swahili.
GEJ carry go
The haters must surely gather,
We can't take that away from them...
But if they come in seven ways,
They will flee in seven thousand ways.
Re: Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by teskyg: 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
Spot on Okupe.Those 5 Governors are fools.We already know but thanks for enlightening Gulliable Nigerians who are blinded by opposition propaganda.
Re: Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by Kingspin(m): 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
REHOZIBAH: This Okupe man is an Oku igbe for real! Always quick to attack personality while leaving unattended the subject matter. Claiming the 5 Northern governors abandoned Boko Haram issues for something else,I asked are the governors the president who has the mandate to ensure security all over nigeria?

So in all your human senses,the Govs is not responsible and should not be held one in maintaining & protecting lives and properties within its state..Nawah for some set of people..Everyday & everything FG. What about State government which are very much closer to you, what are they doing.
Re: Northern Governors Ignored Boko Haram For 2015 Tussle-Okupe by Orikinla(m): 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dr. Doyin Okupe, President Goodluck Jonathan’s Special Assistant on Public Affairs, is in fire, ignited by his politically-loaded utterances against Governor Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State. Amaechi has reacted to comments ....
http://www.theneighbourhood.com.ng/news/othernews/1209-amaechi-slams-okupe-%E2%80%9Che-is-president-jonathan%E2%80%99s-worst-enemy%E2%80%9D.html

(1) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha Comment On G7 Govs Workout / What did you think of pres. Jonathan's independence day address to the nation? / The Reasons Why A Revolution Is Needed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.