Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:23 PM

Soludo Fate Sealed!!! Apga Will Not Contest Disqualification!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Fate Sealed!!! Apga Will Not Contest Disqualification!!! (487 Views)

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Soludo Fate Sealed!!! Apga Will Not Contest Disqualification!!! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
APGA will not contest disqualification of candidates
Author(s): Nnamdi Ene

The Chairman of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) inAnambra, Mike Kwentoh, said it would not overrule the party’s disqualification of six governorship aspirants.
Kwentoh said that the action of the screening committee was in line with the party’s constitution.

Anambra APGA Chairman, Mike Kwentoh
He said that it was better for the party to go into the election with a candidate without blemish than with one whose victory could be voided.

According to him, a candidate must be eligible to vote before being voted for and that the possession of a voter’s card was compulsory.

“So, I think that the Screening Committee disqualified those they disqualified based on cogent reasons” Kwentor said. “I am sure that even those disqualified know that the reason forwhich they were disqualified was cogent, otherwise, they will appeal because the party made provision for appeal.”

It would be recalled that the Tayo Sowunmi-led Screening Committee screened 14 gubernatorial aspirants on Friday and disqualified sixout of them.

Also reacting, Fidel Okafor the special adviser to Anambra governor, Peter Obi, corroborated Kwentor’s views.

“I am sure what the committee members did was not deliberately targeted at the affected aspirants, and I am convinced that they told them their shortcomings” Okafor said.
Okafor added that the affected aspirants had formidable credentials, but was optimistic that those cleared could defeat any other candidate of the opposition parties.
Re: Soludo Fate Sealed!!! Apga Will Not Contest Disqualification!!! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
"He said that it was better for the party to go into the election with a candidate without blemish than with one whose victory could be voided" APGA Anambra Chairman

In my honest view I think there is more to some of the aspirants' disqualification

I think the security report(s) on some of them could be very damning!!! Some of the adduced reasons for their disqualification are just to put a bandage on a putrifying sore.
Re: Soludo Fate Sealed!!! Apga Will Not Contest Disqualification!!! by omiobo: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
OluwanisolaNgige,if God be for you no soludo can be against you. Soludo is ruined!

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: UPP Rules Out Adoption Of Soludo As Candidate / Suntai Asked To Return To US To Continue Is Rehabilitation. / Is Nigeria Realy The Giant Of Africa? How And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.