Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? (20152 Views)

How Many Source Of Income Do You Have? / More Than 70 Percent Of Women In Nigeria Use Skin Whitening Creams..al Jazeera / 50 Percent Of Nigeria's Population Registered To Vote. Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Bizibi(m): 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Investment is far better it is good to save but nt all the time,investing in something that will get a good return is better,saving without any form of investment is still the same as not saving at all
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by trolling(m): 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
ighoosagie: not specific. I'd rather spend all 4 somethin dan save all 4 noting.

Life is short my dear
yeap I do the same thing, I already know what is in store for the dollar, I'm not going to be with the short end of the stick, I've been shopping with Amazon on a weekly and monthly basis, anything my heart wants and needs, I buy before this dollar becomes Zimbabwe's dollar, I just put enough in my account to pay for my bills
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by cornelokon(m): 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2013
Mine is not static, I save between 30 to 50 percent of my income on monthly basis but depending on major/capital expenditure that comes in a particular month.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Airforce1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
kevoh:

Mr.Man I don't see you answering the question asked by the OP rather you are nagging like a pregnant woman.

I'm not a salary earner like you..... So tha question aint for me.

Answer the question the way yo should and stop telling us the number of houses yo built.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Cynsky76(f): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dont hav salary yet bt i knw i can save

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by rodeo0070(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lets see. Make I check...

2 Likes

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by steveec122(m): 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
Yomieluv: i spend all,i dont believe in saving,i invest in gold buying,share,and anything near money....

idle cash is bad.
Until you meet emergency.

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by abbey2812(m): 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
I'm not discouraging anybody here on saving part of his or her but l would love to refer you to go and read Robert kiyosaki book titled..'What Rich invest in that middle class and poor don't' ...good luck.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Imoobot(m): 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
100%
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by soludokay(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hello nairalanders. I will be 29 in less than 3 months and d girl who am planning to marry is a student hopefully to graduate in 2 years time. She's 26 already but always want us settle down even before finishing her programme. What advice can be given to me cos the girl seems not to come from a very rich family? Brotherly advice please o, I beg!
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by bandol(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
40%
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
Very important question. No matter how small, one needs to save for the rainy day.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by jaybabito: 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
Percentage
phil5: 700k
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Tinkybabe(f): 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
For those blaming the economy of the country on not saving, I'd say you never cultivated the habit..and no matter how much you earn, you'll still not save. I know there are people that have tenable excuses but majority of people with this mindset are frivolous spenders, those who don't plan their finances..and know nothing about money management. .

My long story cut short is that we should all endeavour to make it an habit..saving or/and investing in laudable businesses or activities.
I rest my case.

3 Likes

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by psucc(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
Saves nothing.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by coldgate(f): 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
Save? Is the word still in the dictionary? I dey look for where to borrow self!
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by seangy4konji: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
Savesalaryhahaha...3rd year counting and still no job...maybe I will sace my koropon or is dere a sper m bank
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by plainmirror(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
There are people who have money and people who
are rich.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Manlado: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
If your income is low.
Saving is a must.
Save at least 10% monthly.

If your income is high.
i . e . After expenses such as
Family allowances, maintenance, miscellaneous.
Save the rest.

Planning for the future can also force you to saving abnormally.

I manage to save 44%
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by roaringlamb01(m): 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
ighoosagie: not specific. I'd rather spend all 4 somethin dan save all 4 noting.

Life is short my dear

That may sound wise to you... But it really is stupid.
You can't live like dt. I can assume from your statement that you have no plans for the future.
Everyone MUST save..

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by shejane: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
@Simon pls u dot giv pastors ur tithe bt obeying God's commandment nd partaking in d blessing as a tither pls

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by hohafrank(m): 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
2bosun: There's no point saving if you're in debt and the truth is that most people are in one form of debt or the other. Always better to pay off all debt before saving.
Yes o.I am in debt.After the debt I can save at least 50 %.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Manlado: 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
seangy4konji: Savesalaryhahaha...3rd year counting and still no job...maybe I will sace my koropon or is dere a sper m bank

You can't be serious. 3 years after graduating? You need to lower your ego and start doing something.

A friend once in your shoes applied for a factory job after failing to secure his desired job. Then he got a banking job before securing an oil company job.

Learn a trade or something, am sure you will do things better that the less educated guys in fashion designing etc.

A man can't afford to a dependant for too long.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
20%
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by DrWalter: 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
I save 90 percent
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by kevoh(m): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
Airforce1:

I'm not a salary earner like you..... So tha question aint for me.

Answer the question the way yo should and stop telling us the number of houses yo built.

Then why are you trolling on this thread like a mad man looking for garbage to collect. The thread asks how much you save from your income per month if you don't earn any income monthly like others why are you disturbing us , ignore the thread and walk away since it does not concern you. angry

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by deor03(m): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
80%
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by roaringlamb01(m): 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
2bosun: There's no point saving if you're in debt and the truth is that most people are in one form of debt or the other. Always better to pay off all debt before saving.

It is a lie. The real problem is that people live above their means. You can save at least 10%, cut their excess costs and pay their debts.

We have serious discipline issues in Nigeria.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Manlado: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
plainmirror: There are people who have money and people who
are rich.

Rich people save more.
How did you think they got rich?
Investments comes from savings and debts.
Debts back up by investment from savings.
Saving all round.

Even inherited funds must continue in that circle otherwise poverty is inevitable.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Airforce1(m): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
kevoh:

Then why are you trolling on this thread like a mad man looking for garbage to collect. The thread asks how much you save from your income per month if you don't earn any income monthly like others why are you disturbing us , ignore the thread and walk away since it does not concern you. angry

Why u come dey face like person wey okada jam na....?
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by osifred(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Its better to invest than to save

So the right question should be what is the percentage of your income that you invest?

Think financial freedom, think investment
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by kevoh(m): 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Airforce1:

Why u come dey face like person wey okada jam na....?

Mtcheeew! Mr.man you don't have anything to say abeg! Should have ignored you a long time ago!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Name One Social Media Slang You Dislike / Chinese Doctors Bowing Down To A 11 Year Old Boy Who Donated His Organs / Drinking Palmwine In The Dream, What Is The Meaning?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.