Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,827 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? (8583 Views)

Top Five Hiphop Lyricist In Nigeria Right Now-Opinion / Is Nas The Greatest Rapper Or What? / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by chamotex(m): 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2008
Escobar is the SHIZNIT!!!!!

is it just me but everytime im in a bad mood or im down or something, listen to a lil bit of GODSON and i feel fresh and f*cking motivated, the guy is an inspiration, The realest nigger in HIP-HOP (end of, )
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by TheSly: 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2008
eldee:

Ehen . . . Diddy is the second richest rapper, so, in your opinion he's the second best rapper innit?
Even though I know how good T.I is, your argument is flawed

T.I's album will be better than Untitled,
Why? T.I's richer grin grin

Infact tell me how T.I's money will pay yor bills sef tongue tongue tongue

Mayne I feel like shooting you straight in the head!!!! tongue
Are u drunk or u didn't peruse what i posted before spewing blepets tongue
I said when it comes to the lyrics and them things. . . . . .Nas got it. . . . .No doubt. cool
But unfortunately the dude has not been lucky when it comes to record sales and others!. . . . . . .Don't u get? tongue

You are not even ashamed . . . . . .T.I came into the scene few years ago and dude is already reapin millz. . . . . .aint that a kick? tongue
Back in them biggy n 2pac days. . . . .It was all about the poets and em lyrics but todays hiphop is not all about that no more hombre!
Hell. . . . . .Lil wayne sold almost 500,000 copies the very first day his bunkum infested album was released. . . . . . . . . Does that tell u sumn? tongue
I bet Nas' new album hasn't sold up to 100k since yesterday?. . . . . . . . Let alone going platinum in a week. tongue
Watch out for Paper Trail. . . . . December 8 this year. . . . . . . . . .come holla at me after that!! cool
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Fadajasi(m): 12:11am On Jul 17, 2008
I got this
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Bamsyle(m): 9:33am On Jul 17, 2008
The Sly:

Mayne I feel like shooting you straight in the head!!!! tongue
Are u drunk or u didn't peruse what i posted before spewing blepets tongue
I said when it comes to the lyrics and them things. . . . . .Nas got it. . . . .No doubt. cool
But unfortunately the dude has not been lucky when it comes to record sales and others!. . . . . . .Don't u get? tongue

You are not even ashamed . . . . . .T.I came into the scene few years ago and dude is already reapin millz. . . . . .aint that a kick? tongue
Back in them biggy n 2pac days. . . . .It was all about the poets and em lyrics but todays hiphop is not all about that no more hombre!
Hell. . . . . .Lil wayne sold almost 500,000 copies the very first day his bunkum infested album was released. . . . . . . . . Does that tell u sumn? tongue
I bet Nas' new album hasn't sold up to 100k since yesterday?. . . . . . . . Let alone going platinum in a week. tongue
Watch out for Paper Trail. . . . . December 8 this year. . . . . . . . . .come holla at me after that!! cool

Eldee's post is clear enough for anyone to understand. Best and Richest don't mean the same thing. I just don't get it when peops like you appear on a thread like this and post completely off topic. Read the topic again:

Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist?

And then in your "intelligence", you introduce T.I - and then you go on and on about awards, dough, going plat and stuff nobody ain't talking 'bout here. You should've stopped when you admitted that Nas got the lyrics. That's all we're here for. We don't need to hear all that ish that came after. A lot of debate's been going on about present-day rap and what it used to be in 'em Biggie/Pac days. But that's a topic for another day. Guess your list of top rappers would feature names like T.I, Diddy, Master P, et al. Fine, no one's gonna critic that. But don't visit thread like this and post those funny stuff. Create your thread for the richest rapper *or maybe stick to your VIN Check at the Auto Section dude*

wink
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Gamine(f): 9:36am On Jul 17, 2008
Nas has it locked down please.

he is one of the few rappers i would listen to.

if and when i listen to rap
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by TheSly: 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2008
Bamsyle:

Eldee's post is clear enough for anyone to understand. Best and Richest don't mean the same thing. I just don't get it when peops like you appear on a thread like this and post completely off topic. Read the topic again:

Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist?

And then in your "intelligence", you introduce T.I - and then you go on and on about awards, dough, going plat and stuff nobody ain't talking 'bout here. You should've stopped when you admitted that Nas got the lyrics. That's all we're here for. We don't need to hear all that ish that came after. A lot of debate's been going on about present-day rap and what it used to be in 'em Biggie/Pac days. But that's a topic for another day. Guess your list of top rappers would feature names like T.I, Diddy, Master P, et al. Fine, no one's going to critic that. But don't visit thread like this and post those funny stuff. Create your thread for the richest rapper *or maybe stick to your VIN Check at the Auto Section dude*

wink
Sorry but i think u need to throw that crack u smoking away and read what i posted again!
You seem not to have grasped what i am trying to say . . . . .
I am not comparing Nas with T.I and shits. . . . . . . u blind?? undecided
If u look at my initial post, it was directed to someone who said this is the best album this year
And then i said nahh! not until T.I releases his album this fall. . . . . cool

And what the bloody hell did you mean by Best and Richest don't mean the same? undecided
In the dictionary. . . . . .Yeah it doesn't but like when we say David BC. is one of the best athlete alive, is he not rich too? undecided
Of what use is a best rapper that is not so rich? i am not saying he is not rich but C'mon, This dude deserves more than that.
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Bamsyle(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2008
The Sly:

Sorry but i think u need to throw that crack u smoking away and read what i posted again!
You seem not to have grasped what i am trying to say . . . . .
I am not comparing Nas with T.I and shits. . . . . . . u blind?? undecided
If u look at my initial post, it was directed to someone who said this is the best album this year
And then i said nahh! not until T.I releases his album this fall. . . . . cool

And what the bloody hell did you mean by Best and Richest don't mean the same? undecided
In the dictionary. . . . . .Yeah it doesn't but like when we say David BC. is one of the best athlete alive, is he not rich too? undecided
Of what use is a best rapper that is not so rich? i am not saying he is not rich but C'mon, This dude deserves more than that.

Sly, I really tried to make some sense outta your posts but sorry I just can't. You are not comparing Nas with T.I, so what exactly are you doing You seem to be losing it embarassed Hannibal labelled Nas' album the best rap album this year. Then you reply by saying not until T.I releases his album. And you're not comparing both rappers. So what exactly were you doing? Are you hallucinating?

Sure in your dictionary, the word "best" has got synonyms like "richest", "wealthiest" et al. Or how do we understand what you're saying here? I think you need to obtain licence to write your own dictionary. Even common sense *which ain't really common anyways* would tell you that the best ain't usually the richest. So David Beckam is the best footballer in the world because he's rich? Why not try Abacha is the best Nigerian President. Why? He's the richest.

Dude, your argument here suggests you're not educated *formal or informal*. Have you heard about the subject called Logic? Under that subject, there are what we call premises and conclusion. Here, your argument goes sumn like this:

Premise 1: The tallest in the animal kingdom is king
Premise 2: The giraffe is the tallest in the animal kingdom
Conclusion: The giraffe is king of the animal kingdom

Or sumn even more dumb!!!

WTF?!

Further to that, if "tallest" is your measure of kingship, what about strongest, fastest, smartest, etc?

In music/rap, if richest is your interpretation of best, what about flows, lyrics, delivery et al

To cap up your appalling argument, you asked
Of what use is a best rapper that is not so rich?
Whaaaaaat So then Tupac, Biggie, even Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G. Rap are of no use shocked shocked shocked How rich are/were those cats? You're not making sense at all.

And as to why, in your words, "Nas ain't so rich", *even though methinks he can afford to buy you and your lifetime savings* you also answered the question in the same breath -
This dude deserves more than that.

Yes he does. But until peops like you change their orientation and start buying an album not cuz the artiste is rich but cuz he makes sensible lyrics, Nas may remain poor.

And mind you, all he needs is One Mic. 'Bout the dollars? He don't give a hoot.
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by TheSly: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2008
Bamsyle:

But until peops like you change their orientation and start buying an album not because the artiste is rich but because he makes sensible lyrics, Nas may remain poor.

And mind you, all he needs is One Mic. 'Bout the dollars? He don't give a hoot.
And who told you im buying album because an artiste is rich?? undecided
If any artist tells you that he/she doesn't care about the papers and u believed that. . . . . .
Then hombre you need to examine your head prolly you got wools in there and not brain!! embarassed .
To cap up your appalling argument, you asked Whaaaaaat So then Tupac, Biggie, even Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G. Rap are of no use shocked shocked shocked How rich are/were those cats? You're not making sense at all.
Until you this village idiot try to look outside the box. . . . .thats when you'd get what im trying to say!
Hell. . . . . .Are u crazy? you think these cats are rappin' just for the fun of it?? You are indeed a schlep!!!!

For the last time, I am not comparing both artists . . . . . . .

Jay Z is one of the best rapper alive but his Thy kingdom come album was more than wack!!!
If you don't know the difference between being the best ARTIST and best ALBUM of the year. . . . . .
Then i think the money spent on your education ought to have been used to feed them pigs in your village.
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Hannibal: 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2008
The Sly:

You are kiddin hombre. . . . . .
Wait for T.I's forthcoming album. . . . . .Thats when you'd know wuz up! cool

Mr SLY, how can u compare anything T.I. spits to what Pharaoh Nas would slurr??
Nas is a prophet. . . .T.I. is a nursery rhymer.
It's just unfortunate that garbage moves more units these days but pure rap heads would rather listen to Nasty Nas than T.I. or Soulja Boy.
Simply put, don't put Nas in the category of the new generation MCs like Lil' Wayne, T.I., Soulja Boy, Yung Berg or MIM.
Nas is up there with em Jigga, Big, Pac, Em, Dre, Canibus, etc. cool cool cool
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by chamotex(m): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2008
***fuc.k this beef***

****leaves thread to listen to some more NAS***
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by bgees(m): 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2008
I 've listened to d UNTITLED album. And it seems NaS did himself by releasing d monster calld ILLMATIC. Now most of us try to compare it with his later works.
UNTITLED was great BUT tracks like 'make d world go round' and 'breathe' kind of spoild d show. Perhaps d dropped tracks like 'be a nigga too' and 'esco let's go' should have replaced them.
Apart from that,d album was very okay. Its not a classic but a near classic.
We get to listen to a new NaS ,a mature NaS.
The N.I.G.G.E.R mixtape showcases d NaS we all knew and i believe it was bettr than this album.

Infact i am a little dissappointd but ì am very happy.
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2008
The Sly:

And here goes another endless streams of bunkums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From your posts. . . . .Its likely you are still in High school although I have seen kids with more brains. . . .
Yours is totally an exception. I wonder how God forgot to include your brain compartment in your blue print. embarassed
Even Pastors don't preach for free no more. . . . . . . embarassed
Let alone rappers. . . . . . . Now i know who i am exchanging words with. . . . . .A confirmed vermin! embarassed

Take a look at this for example . . . . . . . You this glorified stupidity infested fool!!
2 Face is one of the best in Africa,Dude was preaching in his album about AIDS. LOVE, and other B.S
And yet, he has about 5baby mommas, What does that tells you??
No one is in to preach anymore. . . . .gone are the days you bloody pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a perfect example of a depraved cretinous being. . . . .
If there was awards for the most stupid and kraut-spewing imbecilic man on earth. . . . . .
I bet your room would have been flooded with medals by now. . . . . . .Bloody retard!!! embarassed

Bad example.
Majority of Tuface song was not about AIDS. I cant even remember one song he sang about AIDS.

Examples should be
Lucky Dube
Fela
Miriam Makeba
Bob Marley

millions of artist do their for the Message not for money,
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by abdurrazaq(m): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2008
Bamsyle and The Sly, Stop this abbusive argument now cry cry You can learn from each other without verbal attacks.
@Topic, I have not got the album yet but, I don't think those who really look out for lyrical contents more in music (especially HIP HOP) would be disappointed with the UNTITLED.
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Bamsyle(m): 10:02am On Jul 18, 2008
Abdurrazaq, personally I don't resort to abuses or insults when arguing. But this sly fella just barged into this thread and shocked me (and I'm sure a lot of other folks) by making one funny comparison. And then he was so abusive about it. Check his first two posts and you'll understand. He rained abuses on Eldee and Hannibal all because they both bared their minds in a very mature manner. We were having a nice time on this thread before he intruded. I just wanted to make a point - I can be cool like that but if he wanna "ball till he falls I can help him with that".

I crave the indulgence of all the intelligent minds on this thread wink
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by sways102(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2008
[b]The Sly[/b], I don't see why NAS and t.i should be mentioned in the same statement. Cos ain't Jay-Z rich doesn't mean his broke. He is big in real estate, go ask those who know. And i am very sure t.i himself would resent that statement. Nas's album is predicted to do 200k in it's first week of sales. That's fantastic. . His Hip Hop is dead album did 350k in first week sales so trust me when i say he ain't broke. Mean while when Jay-z was beefing with him, he never mentioned Nas was broke. When asked why he doesn't do endorsement and stuff like other rap acts, his response: He can't be Nas doing other stuff like that. He has had people come to with pay check to endorse this and that. But he said he knows what he got. Guess u now know that some people just do stuff for the love they got for it and then money follows meaning money ain't he first priority. So i guess Hip hop will remain dead with people like you!
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by rockyfela(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2008
I stil belive we should stick 2 the topic rather than call names here, T.I is ma best rapper but the truth is NAS lyrics were sick on this his untitled album nd he totally ripped the tracks apart with his knowledgeable lyrics. The problem hiphop is facing today is the fact that we as a people tend to promote garbage, its garbage we want 2 hear for e.g soulja boy, wtf? do u call that hiphop? thats y hiphop is goin dead cos people that say things that matter are ignored 4 d BS songs and that is wat NAS was trying to achieve on this album i.e to show the world that hiphop is not just about making empty noise that dont make meaning but rather it has content.

sorry am calling names now 2 but i have 2, Young Jeezy on this months vibes magazine was saying how he doesnt want his child 2 grow up like him cos he is a gangster (rapper), Imagine that, Thank God 4 KRS1 who said this" If a father doesnt want his son 2 be like him cos he sings gangster rap music, Then we all shouldnt have to listen to hiphop, thats y if we are 2 make hiphop meaningful them as rappers have 2 spit verse that are antiviolent and educative as well as entertaining" Nas so far has done that.

Someone used 2face as a comparism, pls wat matters is not their lifestyle its their music u shd be concerned about, if 2face told u to Bleep without condom wat would u call him? Its his life nd i bet many cant handle the temptation he faces , REMEMBER CHILDREN WHO DONT KNOW THIS MUSIC ACTS PERSONALLY WOULD LISTEN TO THEIR SONGS AND WAT MATTERS IN SUCH INSTANCES IS NOT THE MUSICIAN'S PERSONAL LIFE BUT WAT THE CHILDREN HEAR 4RM THIS SONGS THAT THEY WOULD BELEIVE AND EMULATE,

HAVING SAID THIS GO COP "UNTITLED ALBUM", NEXT IS PAPER TRAIL, 4K TOS THANK GOD GUNIT FLOPPED WITH THEIR GABBAGE ALBUM,
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by bgees(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2008
@abdulrrazaq,

why dont listen to UNTITLED first. Every fan l know dont like those two tracks.
A fan can be dissappointd if he/she was xpecting more from NaS.those two tracks spoilt d album. What was he doin chris brown?
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Hardballer(m): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2008
im a big nas fan and all but i feel eminem will lyrically consume nas
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by ritchboy(m): 3:27am On Jul 29, 2008
Young Jeezy on this months vibes magazine was saying how he doesnt want his child 2 grow up like him because he is a gangster (rapper), Imagine that, Thank God 4 KRS1 who said this" If a father doesnt want his son 2 be like him because he sings gangster rap music, Then we all shouldnt have to listen to hiphop, thats y if we are 2 make hiphop meaningful them as rappers have 2 spit verse that are antiviolent and educative as well as entertaining" Nas so far has done that.

nas is 'anti-violent' shocked

"ur too light, i shoot ur freckles out.
ur too dark, tha infra-red show u what the tech about"
need i say more grin
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Hannibal: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2008
Hardballer:

I quite agree with you.
When Eminem is angry. . . . There's no rapper out there that can touch him. grin cheesy
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Bamsyle(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2008
Hardballer:

Hannibal:

I quite agree with you.
When Eminem is angry. . . . There's no rapper out there that can touch him. grin cheesy

You guys should slow down.

Fine, I feel Em. I like him too; he's good lyrically. But don't over-estimate him. The way you're comparing him with Nas, one would think he's way way above him. Nah, I don't agree. Maybe put them to the test first - let 'em battle and then we'll judge.

And Hannibal, I don't think there's any rap diss out there that's as hot as Pac's Hit 'Em Up. So I really want to believe when you said there's no rapper that can touch 'Em in his elements, Pac wasn't inclusive. I sincerely believe your words no rapper out there means living rappers? Cuz no one can dare Pac when it comes to diss. Go listen to tracks like Bomb First, Against All Odds, All Out to mention but a few. Fact is he doesn't even diss, he kills (it's like a battle, man).

Thus far, eliminating Pac from that list; I still think you can't quickly judge that Em'll consume Nas lyrically. Nas is very good at battles. His Ether and Wanna Be Me (track dropped in 8 Mile) are evidence of this. I'm yet to hear any of Em's diss tracks that are that hot. Em's crazy with diss yeah but he doesn't connect on that serious level *if you know wha'Imean*. He clowns, makes you laugh, bla bla but overall effect is you just keep wondering - what was that? Nas is [b]nas[/b]ty and ill when he disses. He despises his enemies. He's got a lil bit of Pac in him when he's dissing.

They both come from different angles anyway. And they're both good. But if I was you, I'll tread a bit more carefully in judging who's better (in a rap battle that is cuz aside that, Nas comes before Em on my list of top rappers). Let's wait for them to slug it out/battle before we judge.
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Wordsmith(m): 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2008
I beg to differ that Pac's Hit 'em up is the best diss song. That song's overrated and there are far better diss tracks out there. Hell, Canibus' 2nd Rounds Knockout, NaS' Ether are better than it.

Situation's a lil bit tricky though. If the battle's a pre-written, NaS would seemingly wins it, if it's a freestyle battle session, lol, i reckon it's Em all the way. Newayz, u neva can tell, love both mcs though.

And about the clowning bit. True talk, but then maybe u should listen to Em's Nail in the Coffin. It was harsh, straight up hate, no time for humor. . . ended Benzino's career. . . and cred (if he had any, that is)
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Bamsyle(m): 10:22am On Aug 01, 2008
Oh well, it's arguably the best rap diss.

How could I forget Canibus? That guy is a cannibal man. He eats his foes raw.

I quite agree with you on all other points except when you said Hit 'Em Up's over-rated. Like I said, it's debatable as a best rap diss but then it's not over-rated. I think I just rated it from the angle of the most popular diss that rode on a whole crew, record label and all that. I don't even like the verses like I do the outro. Those words were straight-up fierce, ferocious and strong missiles. And they were freestyle.

Overall, my point's just that Pac kinda battles. His level is different from dissing. His voice, attitude and lyrics kill when he battles. On the other hand, Nas, Canibus, Em etc diss.
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by 2kul: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2008
Mos def, Nas is one of d best rappers out thr, i bleeps wit NAs, but me a huge kanye fan, so no offense, kanye's my number 1,
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Shaz(f): 12:23pm On Aug 05, 2008
Yah
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Hardballer(m): 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2008
@ bamsyle thats why i said "lyrically" . . . . nas comes no where near em  . . . i don't even have to post his lines for you to know that . . .  . . ill pit marshall mathers lp against any nas album just for lyrics forget the message or the beats or whatever just the words, and as for diss songs ill say anyone who has heard the games song "my bitch" would know what it is ,the song goes hard at 3 people and finishes the job  links below

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhLIbOMm2xw
www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/promotional_audio/87617.php
www.defsounds.com/singles/The_game_my_bitch_jay_z_g_unit_diss

any of those should work
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by MrCrackles(m): 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2008
Definitely, the most versatile, talented and up-right lyrical assasin outhere!
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Hannibal: 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2008
Bamsyle:

You guys should slow down.

Fine, I feel Em. I like him too; he's good lyrically. But don't over-estimate him. The way you're comparing him with Nas, one would think he's way way above him. Nah, I don't agree. Maybe put them to the test first - let 'em battle and then we'll judge.

And Hannibal, I don't think there's any rap diss out there that's as hot as Pac's Hit 'Em Up. So I really want to believe when you said there's no rapper that can touch 'Em in his elements, Pac wasn't inclusive. I sincerely believe your words no rapper out there means living rappers? Cuz no one can dare Pac when it comes to diss. Go listen to tracks like Bomb First, Against All Odds, All Out to mention but a few. Fact is he doesn't even diss, he kills (it's like a battle, man).

Thus far, eliminating Pac from that list; I still think you can't quickly judge that Em'll consume Nas lyrically. Nas is very good at battles. His Ether and Wanna Be Me (track dropped in 8 Mile) are evidence of this. I'm yet to hear any of Em's diss tracks that are that hot. Em's crazy with diss yeah but he doesn't connect on that serious level *if you know wha'Imean*. He clowns, makes you laugh, bla bla but overall effect is you just keep wondering - what was that? Nas is [b]nas[/b]ty and ill when he disses. He despises his enemies. He's got a little bit of Pac in him when he's dissing.

They both come from different angles anyway. And they're both good. But if I was you, I'll tread a bit more carefully in judging who's better (in a rap battle that is because aside that, Nas comes before Em on my list of top rappers). Let's wait for them to slug it out/battle before we judge.

If Eminem can stand toe to toe with Can-I-Bus(easily the best lyrical MC out there), then never doubt the power of Eminem.
He jokes, he kids, he clowns but when its time to get MEAN. . . . .Eminem has a wide vocab.
Lyrically and a vast knowledge, i think Canibus is the best . . . 2pac was lucky he died when he did. I don't think Pac coulda touched Canibus.
Go n listen to "U didn't care" where Canibus rewrote Eminem's "Stan" and Em's reply "Can-I-Bitch". . . . . That was brilliant. grin
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by onyinye2(f): 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2008
Give it up Hannibal. Your slim shady is good but he aint that good. Until he comes up with a new album that can even compare to Nas' "Slave and the Master" or "N*****" then he is just another rapper who was good in the past,
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Hannibal: 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2008
Mention one Nas' album that can stand neck and neck with Marshal Mathers LP?
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by onyinye2(f): 7:47pm On Aug 11, 2008
Personally i would listen to Nas' new album(which is a deemed classic) over slim shady's "Marshal Mathers" any day of the week.
Re: Is Nas Still Rap's Best Lyricist? by Hannibal: 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2008
Not even a member of the Black Panther would agree with ur last comment.
Marshal Mathers LP to Nas' last album?? No way, Jose.
Only "illmatic" and "stillmatic" come close. tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bestwap MP3 Songs | Mobile Videos | Movies | Application | Games / Funny/Weird Artist Names / See Watin Don Jazzy And Dbanj Dey Cause Oooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.