Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,735 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! (1165 Views)

Legal Implications Of Abubakar Audu's Death – Festus Keyamo / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno / SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
The Joint Task Force, Operation Restore Order, yesterday, officially announced the death of the most wanted Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau. The death of Shekau has been a subject of speculation in the media in the past few weeks.

A statement released by the spokesman of the JTF, Lt Col. Sagir Musa, said the terrorist leader sustained serious gunshot wounds in an encounter with the JTF troops in one of their camps at Sambisa Forest on June 30, 2013.

According to the statement, “intelligence reports available to the Joint Task Force revealed that Abubakar Shekau, the most dreaded and wanted Boko Haram terrorist leader may have died. He died of gunshot wounds received in an encounter with the JTF troops in one of their camps at Sambisa Forest on June 30, 2013. Shekau was mortally wounded in the encounter and was sneaked into Amitchide — a border community in Cameroun for treatment, from which he never recovered. It is greatly believed that Shekau might have died between July 25 and August 3, 2013"

"The death of Shekau came barely five days after his deputy, Bama, was slain in combat with security forces currently encamped in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa states following the declaration of a state of emergency by the Federal Government to rout insurgents from those states. Momodu Bama has been a most wanted terrorist with a N25 million bounty already placed on his head.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/boko-haram-leader-shekau-feared-killed/

This thread is open for Nigerians, friends of Nigeria and Nlanders who wish to celebrate the DESTRUCTION of the messenger of death and leader of Boko Haram, Mallam Abubakar Shekau.

While the death of Shekau does not automatically mean the end of Boko Haram, it is a significant step forward towards achieving relative PEACE in my fatherland.

From me, its kudos to our men and women in the armed forces for their gallantry, professionalism and sacrifices so far!

Kudos to the "Civillian JTF" for their bravery in rising up against the evil called Boko Haram and complementing the efforts of the security forces!!

Finally, thanks to the Almighty God for giving us this VICTORY.

1 Like

Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by musaajebor(m): 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sincere,abeg tich ur guy how to post a comment on dis ur smelly thread .am new in nland and must confess a learner.
Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by Elueme: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is an insult to an from the intelligence unit Of our armed forces. Intelligence doesn't speculate but acts on facts which should be precise and correct. The use of "May" is regrettably a failure of intelligence.
Coming to the topic, I won't celebrate Shekau's rumoured death for three(3) reasons. First because it is a fiction and two, he would have been captured alive for a thorough interrogation to know the root cause of this boko haram madness. Thirdly, this could be another plot by intelligence and certain cabal to remove Shekau's from a public searchlight and rehabilitate him at the peril of the Nigerian people

3 Likes

Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by Standing5(m): 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The Joint Task Force, Operation Restore Order, yesterday, officially announced the death of the most wanted Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau. The death of Shekau has been a subject of speculation in the media in the past few weeks.

A statement released by the spokesman of the JTF, Lt Col. Sagir Musa, said the terrorist leader sustained serious gunshot wounds in an encounter with the JTF troops in one of their camps at Sambisa Forest on June 30, 2013.

According to the statement, “intelligence reports available to the Joint Task Force revealed that Abubakar Shekau, the most dreaded and wanted Boko Haram terrorist leader may have died. He died of gunshot wounds received in an encounter with the JTF troops in one of their camps at Sambisa Forest on June 30, 2013. Shekau was mortally wounded in the encounter and was sneaked into Amitchide — a border community in Cameroun for treatment, from which he never recovered. It is greatly believed that Shekau might have died between July 25 and August 3, 2013"

"The death of Shekau came barely five days after his deputy, Bama, was slain in combat with security forces currently encamped in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa states following the declaration of a state of emergency by the Federal Government to rout insurgents from those states. Momodu Bama has been a most wanted terrorist with a N25 million bounty already placed on his head.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/boko-haram-leader-shekau-feared-killed/

This thread is open for Nigerians, friends of Nigeria and Nlanders who wish to celebrate the DESTRUCTION of the messenger of death and leader of Boko Haram, Mallam Abubakar Shekau.

While the death of Shekau does not automatically mean the end of Boko Haram, it is a significant step forward towards achieving relative PEACE in my fatherland.

From me, its kudos to our men and women in the armed forces for their gallantry, professionalism and sacrifices so far!

Kudos to the "Civillian JTF" for their bravery in rising up against the evil called Boko Haram and complementing the efforts of the security forces!!

Finally, thanks to the Almighty God for giving us this VICTORY.
Only 5 replies and u titled the thread Nlders . . . ?

1 Like

Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by idupaul: 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
How does the death or life of Abubakar Shekau affect the current looting in Govt circles .. Will Shekau's death make Diezani have a change of heart about her onslaught on Govt coffers? I just de ask oo

3 Likes

Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Elueme: This is an insult to an from the intelligence unit Of our armed forces. Intelligence doesn't speculate but acts on facts which should be precise and correct. The use of "May" is regrettably a failure of intelligence.
Coming to the topic, I won't celebrate Shekau's rumoured death for three(3) reasons. First because it is a fiction and two, he would have been captured alive for a thorough interrogation to know the root cause of this boko haram madness. Thirdly, this could be another plot by intelligence and certain cabal to remove Shekau's from a public searchlight and rehabilitate him at the peril of the Nigerian people
I think we should learn to RESPECT our institutions. The Nigeria Army is an institution that represent you and I. The men and women in the NA are not idiots. Some of them are amongst the brightest in the country. Informations from the NA should be respected, at least until there's something concrete to create doubts.

I believe the term "may" was used only because his dead body not in the possession of the NA. The intelligence that led to the announcement of the death of Shekau by the JTF must have been concrete, trustworthy and precise.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by pilotseq: 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
una dey mad oooh. na like dis Obama take announce Osama death. him say "may"? dis shekau fit dey for one hood for north dai dey straf him 72v... grin

1 Like

Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
Oga op, dat "MAY" na killjoy. Sorry, it rubbed d shine off d news.
Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
Oko_AGB: Oga op, dat "MAY" na killjoy. Sorry, it rubbed d shine off d news.
Dont forget, many of the terrorists wanted by US were killed with drones and later confirmed to be dead through intelligence reports. We shouldn't expect every terrorist to be killed or captured like Osama. For me, the most important thing is to take these terrorists out by anyway possible.
Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by globalaid(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
Sincerenigerian, on this one I support you 100%
Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
Until i see his corpse, i refuse to believe. I won't be shocked to see another video of shekau on you tube denying that he wasn't shot. The Nigerian Army should act intelligent and stop putting shekau's death on a probability.

1 Like

Re: Lets Celebrate The Death Of Abubakar Shekau!!! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
globalaid: Sincerenigerian, on this one I support you 100%
Thank you my brother. I dont understand why some people insist on seeing the corpse of Shekau. Maybe if it was the Americans that announced the death of Shekau, some people may have celebrated and at the same time criticised our armed forces for failing where the Americans succeeded. We should learn to blow our own trumpet and celebrate our own successes.

I recall when Osama was killed by the US, the news reverberated all over the world for days.

I dont care about Shekau's body. I'm just glad that he's been destroyed.

(1) (Reply)

Possible Reasons Why Tinubu Went Abroad For Medical Treatment / A Scammer Caught Twice In Asia / Counselling, Conflict Management And Peace Education: Implications For Sustainab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.