Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,215 members, 7,839,136 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight (14829 Views)

Doctors Found Tapeworm That Lived In Man's Brains For Years / Woman Swallows Tapeworm She Bought On The Internet To Lose Weight / 8 Easiest Ways To Lose Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
What the big deal in that?

Why are you all surprised? It is actually a proven fact and it is a common practice in the West. The only problem is that complications may occur and the worm might grow and multiply so much that it begins to depress vital tissues and may entirely block the intestines.

But it is often used as an Asian remedy for obesity.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by pri3stess(f): 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
Does this woman know that the tape worm could actually grow so big that it will start eating her organs?
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by kokoye(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
I hope the worm leaves the flash alone but gnashes, bites and tear and the female's organs - anus and all. angry
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
The most effective way to lose weight is to change your lifestyle. Eliminate those habits from your life that contribute to excess weight gain and replace them with more healthful habits.

1 Like

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Yomieluv: ...the woman would definitely be jealous,if she sees my fiancée,i swear. lepa toh badh.
comments like these make more women want to do anything albeit desperate to loose weight.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Thebrightest(m): 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pls where can i get a tapeworm i think my girlfriend really need to swallow about 10 because she is getting too fat.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Thebrightest(m): 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pls where can i get live tapeworms because my girlfriend really need to swallow about 10 because she is getting too fat.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Thebrightest(m): 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
pls where can i get some live tapeworms for my girl-friend she is getting too fat and she needs to swallow only 10 tapeworms.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by mrrhymes223: 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
She needs deliverance and serious prayers
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by GatJokez(f): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Thebrightest: Pls where can i get a tapeworm i think my girlfriend really need to swallow about 10 because she is getting too fat.

Lol, you're so wrong for dis, still chuckling grin
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by GatJokez(f): 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
kokoye: I hope the worm leaves the flash alone but gnashes, bites and tear and the female's organs - anus and all. angry

Really? That's kinda harsh, hahahaha cheesy grin
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Cestmoi1(f): 8:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
There was a lady that tried it and twas shown on 1000ways to die,she lost d weight bt later died.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by rottenegg: 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Why are you all surprised? It is actually a proven fact and it is a common practice in the West. The only problem is that complications may occur and the worm might grow and multiply so much that it begins to depress vital tissues and may entirely block the intestines.

But it is often used as an Asian remedy for obesity. [/quote] Thank you. Apparently these other nlanders don't read other things online except its posted on NL. Its even being used in naija now as a method of weight loss thanks to Indian Doctors.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by SwTonia(f): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
Datruggedman: We wey dey slim dey beg God make we add weight small,make eno b like say we no dey see chop, na em person we get d weight dey find means to remove it
twisted hw lyf is....me wan fat 2
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by razzydoo(m): 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2013
undecided
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by PrettySpicey(f): 11:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
Oh this misguided notion that 'stick and slim' is the only way to live. SMH.
If we could only really appreciate who we are n how we look. Imagine the utter desperation that causes a person to do something that disgusting n worse still, life threatening.
WE DON'T ALL HAVE TO BE STICKY THIN JUST TRY TO BE HEALTHY N LOOK GOOD.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by EvilBrain1(m): 12:46am On Aug 27, 2013
There are so many things wrong with this.

First of all, you don't get tapeworms form swallowing a tapeworm or even an egg. You get tapeworms from swallowing contaminated beef or pork from an animal that has swallowed the eggs. So her weight loss plan can never work.

Secondly, if she swallowed a pork tapeworm (Taenia solium), she's going to end up with a serious condition called cysticercosis where each egg hatches, finds its way into her muscles, organs or brain and forms a cyst. Since she swallowed a whole worm each of which contains millions of eggs, she could end up with millions of cysts. A single cyst in the brain could lead to epilepsy, blindness, paralysis or mental illness. Her doctor is right to be scared.

What this woman has done is completely senseless. She could at least have looked up the Wikipedia article on tapeworms or looked a diagram of the tapeworm life cycle before using herself as a guinea pig in this rếtặrdếd experiment.

She deserves a Darwin award.

1 Like

Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Dannylux: 1:07am On Aug 27, 2013
#fatgirlsproblems
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by pri3stess(f): 1:40am On Aug 27, 2013
C'est moi:
There was a lady that tried it and twas shown on 1000ways to die,she lost d weight bt later died.
Yes!! I saw that episode.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Rogergenerator(m): 3:13am On Aug 27, 2013
like this
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by Sike(m): 10:23am On Aug 27, 2013
She should R.I.P.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by bebechuks: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2013
brownbest: INGNORANCE
that is just it.
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by ginajet(f): 10:50am On Aug 27, 2013
Evil Brain: There are so many things wrong with this.

First of all, you don't get tapeworms form swallowing a tapeworm or even an egg. You get tapeworms from swallowing contaminated beef or pork from an animal that has swallowed the eggs. So her weight loss plan can never work.

Secondly, if she swallowed a pork tapeworm (Taenia solium), she's going to end up with a serious condition called cysticercosis where each egg hatches, finds its way into her muscles, organs or brain and forms a cyst. Since she swallowed a whole worm each of which contains millions of eggs, she could end up with millions of cysts. A single cyst in the brain could lead to epilepsy, blindness, paralysis or mental illness. Her doctor is right to be scared.

What this woman has done is completely senseless. She could at least have looked up the Wikipedia article on tapeworms or looked a diagram of the tapeworm life cycle before using herself as a guinea pig in this rếtặrdếd experiment.

She deserves a Darwin award.
why u come write plenty nonsense? Shm
Re: Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight by lilcutie8916(m): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
1000 ways to die

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zobo Drink Was Brought In Instead Of Blood At Hospital? (photos) / Follow These Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Heart / 'Abacha' & Well-Water Suspected Sources Of Cholera Outbreak In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.