Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,344 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk (13945 Views)

My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / My Husband Prefers Spending All Of His Time With His Friends. / Why Do Singles In the U.S/U.K Still Prefers To Go And Marry From Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by bandol(m): 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
BROOKLIN, ME (WABI/WWW/CNN) - Alorah Gellerson loves her three-month-old son.

"He's a really good baby. He's always happy. He likes to eat," she said.

But what baby Carson eats has caused a lot of trouble for this 17-year-old mother.

When the baby didn't take to breastfeeding, Gellerson started feeding him homemade goat milk formula.

"Oh, he loved it," Gellerson said. "We put celery juice in it, and he just loves that, and it worked really well with his body, and he grew like a weed."

But when her doctor reported this to the Department of Health and Human Services, things got messy.

"She came in and threatened to take him away and put him in foster care until I complied to go to the doctor and get him seen."

Gellerson, who receives state benefits, says she has complied with all of the mandates from DHHS, including numerous doctor visits, an overnight hospital stay, and even switched over to store-bought formula to please them. But she says the state is still not dropping it.

"It's so frustrating. My daughter is a great mother. The baby has a great dad, too, and they love this baby very much, and they would never do anything to hurt him. And if we thought the formula was harming him, we would not do that," said Tania Allen, Gellerson's mother.

DHHS said they had no one available to speak, instead directing reporters to websites for procedures they follow, like one from the USDA, which says goat milk is not recommended for infants because of inadequate quantities of certain vitamins.

"I am aware that there is some push back from a lot of community organizations toward parents who take that approach," Jack Forbush, The Osteopathic Center for Family Medicine in Hampden, said. "I don't know what's really driving it other than perhaps some different cultural belief system. I've got plenty of kids in my practice that have been given goat's milk, for example, and they're growing and developing fine."

"I hope this all goes away. It's been so terrible and hard on us. We're just trying to live our lives and they keep bothering us. I just want it to be all over," Gellerson said.

http://www.wlox.com/story/23089938/babys-mother-in-trouble-with-state-over-goats-milk-formula

Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by oxygen47: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
D doctor said d goat milk does not have enuf vitamins
D mother says her baby is doin just fine
Den wats d problem here?

All I see is a healthy child
But wat happens 2 d mothers milk?
Does she give it 2 d baby goat she deprived?
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by telim: 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
space booked i'ill be back soon for comment.
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by ProfessorPP(m): 6:07pm On Aug 20, 2013
hmmmm!
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Shaadey: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Eyah
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
3rd to comment. . .alingo o
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
My soap is made from goat milk, I could donate it if they ever run out undecided

1 Like

Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
How did the baby first taste the goat milk? people are just Cray.

1 Like

Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Raymondfayowole(m): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
shocked
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
kennygee: How did the baby first taste the goat milk? people are just Cray.
i wonder o
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Raymondfayowole(m): 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
yusufogrin: 3rd to comment. . .alingo o

FOR UR MIND
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Kslib(m): 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
When the pickin begin behave like goat dem go know..
Make dem kuku dey mix the goat milk with Mango leaf and Elephant grass so that the pikin go turn Goat proper and hopefully in 6months time,he go begin cry like goat..
All izz well!

1 Like

Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
*don't know what to say yet*
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kyle.:
u mean Tracia? That shit smells bad
What fuckery is Tracia

1 Like

Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by TUNEX89(m): 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nonsense
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kslib: When the pickin begin behave like goat dem go know..
Make dem kuku dey mix the goat milk with Mango leaf and Elephant grass so that the pikin go turn Goat proper and hopefully in 6months time,he go begin cry like goat..
All izz well!
u wicked o
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by felipemadero(m): 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
dat 1 no b pikin again
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
spongeback: My soap is made from goat milk, I could donate it if they ever run out undecided
St. Ives smiley
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by kachy: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
no be only goat milk. wat of pig, dog or even grass cutter milk. nonsense. SMH
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
Baybe: St. Ives smiley
undecided
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by phayvoursky(m): 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2013
i refuse to comment

1 Like

Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by onyeogalu1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
God help u with ur goat milk
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by bandol(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kyle.:
undecidedPerhaps a goat impregnated her mum
shocked cheesy grin shocked
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by wheesin(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
EYAH....AM PITING THE BABE.......SORRY I MEAN BABY.....I DONT BLAME IT....AFTER TOO MUCH THREAT FROM DADDY TO STAY AWAY FROM HIS PROPERTY.....THE PIKIN HAD NO OPTION DAN TO STAY AWAY . ATLEAST NA PAPA GET AM BEFORE IT ARRIVED... ESE.......?

1 Like

Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Ninilowo(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
Maphobet.

2 Likes

Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by azpekuliar: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
When she go begin bleat like goat you go know.
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by nekaa(f): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Not a good sign...
Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by kingkoboko: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
TAAAA... DAT WAN NO B NEWS NA.

DIS GOAT ACTUALLY PREFARES HUMAN B.RE.AST-MILK O! HE HE HE...

1 Like

Re: Baby Prefers Home-made Goat Milk Formula To Breast Milk by Burger01(m): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
What am I to comment now? Goat, milk, baby that refused natural milk for goat milk formula (Yuck!). White people self. No wonder they suffer from all kinda white diseases. Mad cow, Parkinson, heamalia, phrobolia na wa o..

sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Should I Do With This House Help? Pls, Advise. / / Super Eagles Chidi Odiah Abandoned His Wife And Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.