Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Was There A 1914 Agreement? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was There A 1914 Agreement? (612 Views)

Invasion Of Nigeria By Benin Rep:1914 Agreement Has Expired, Boni Yayi Tells PMB / Document Of Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914 (picture) / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was There A 1914 Agreement? by chrisxxx(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
I hear amalgamation of North and South Nigeria took place in 1914.
I hear there was an agreement to that effect.
I hear that same terms expire in 2014.
I hear that after that there is a provision for renegotiation of terms of Nigerian people.
I have done personal researches on this to find a leading document to no avail.
But some people claim it exists. If actually it does how come the few governors that are reminding HE Jonathan of the 2011 agreement he signed with them (to rule for a tenure) not remind him of this that is almost matured?
Re: Was There A 1914 Agreement? by treks(m): 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
There was no formal agreement in 1914 between nigerians and the white men. The almagamation was basically, an arrangement by the white men to comfortably loot our economy. PDP is also known for breaking their promises, so someone would not be suprise (even if) there was any agreement of a single term and the agreement is breached.
Re: Was There A 1914 Agreement? by ikenga67: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
chrisxxx: I hear amalgamation of North and South Nigeria took place in 1914.
I hear there was an agreement to that effect.
I hear that same terms expire in 2014.
I hear that after that there is a provision for renegotiation of terms of Nigerian people.
I have done personal researches on this to find a leading document to no avail.
But some people claim it exists. If actually it does how come the few governors that are reminding HE Jonathan of the 2011 agreement he signed with them (to rule for a tenure) not remind him of this that is almost matured?

Hahahhahaha!
What you actually hear is a need to go take a basic course on Nigerian history and governemnt. You dont even need to go to school for that. Just read one or two books and you will stop hearing those voices!!
Re: Was There A 1914 Agreement? by ikenga67: 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
You can start with Margery Perham's second volume Lugard: The Years of Authority. Of course the book is pro-Lugard and British (and therefore pro-North) but it will tell you how it all came about. It might also burst your illusion that you have found the magic wnd to unravel Lugard's foolishness. Lol

(1) (Reply)

You Are Here: Home / News / Offa Rerun Election: PDP Candidate Rejects Victory O / Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan Wednesday Sacked Nine Ministers. / Give Us Liberty Or Give Us Death……nicholas Ukachukwu Can Never Govern Anambra St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.