Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,965 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! (13184 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Weds Wuraola Otiti In Benin (Photos) / Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / Cameroonian Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by Nayah(f): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
adaobi123: So this is what it turned into ? grin grin
I'm telling you dear...
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nayah:
I'm telling you dear...

*sighs heavily*
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by Nayah(f): 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
adaobi123:

*sighs heavily*
kiss
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
Nayah:
kiss

cool
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by lepasharon(f): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
What happened to this thread? lol
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
shymexx:

Anyway, get a life and stop the obsession about who looks Igbo or who looks Yoruba.

Don't you have better things to do? - always on every beauty with the same obsession.

Yet you don't even know what the typical Yoruba look is.

Yoruba's aren't homogeneous, there are hinterland, central, and riverine Yoruba's. Also there are Yoruba's who were under Benin empire and have mixed with Edoid people overtime. And there are Yoruba's on the hinterland that are mixed with Nupe, Fulani, Igala etc.. So evidently there's no distinct Yoruba look.

It seems you lot always want to pigeon-hole Yoruba into that Ibadan/Oyo look. Nah, we're heterogeneous!

WAIT!!!!!!

The Oyo sub-ethnic group of the Yoruba are found in Oyo State, parts of Osun State and Kwara State and are by far the most handsome yoruba men....

cool

Lagosian Yorubas (esp Ijebus) have the poorest looks. Any Saro who looks half-decent has his roots in the Oyo parts of the hinterland.

Shalom

cool cool
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
TouchDown:
WAIT!!!!!!

The Oyo sub-ethnic group of the Yoruba are found in Oyo State, parts of Osun State and Kwara State and are by far the most handsome yoruba men....

cool

Lagosian Yorubas (esp Ijebus) have the poorest looks. Any Saro who looks half-decent has his roots in the Oyo parts of the hinterland.

Shalom

cool cool

Bruv, don't even go there. grin Let's just do it for fun. wink

You know deep down inside you that Lagos Yoruba's to Ogun, which includes Awori's, Egba's and Ijebu's are the dons of Yoruba's. Looks, height and swag. We invented "owanbe" and enjoying life to the fullest as the life of the party.

However, most of the stereotypical things I read about Yoruba's on here are actually about the hinterland Yoruba's. And the Yoruba's everyone speaks now, is also the Oyo Yoruba.

Anyway, Ijebu's are cushites...you know what that means, don't you? tongue

No beef - God bless all Yoruba's!!!

One Yoruba in Oduduwa! cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by tpia5: 11:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
@ Touchdown

shymexx gets his info from nl and google, cant expect much of him?

ask him what he means by "ibadan look", and he'll show you the stock photo circulated on nl.

he literally has no idea.
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
How won't I know what the Ibadan look is when at least 50% of the Yoruba's in the UK are from Ibadan and my mum is also from there? undecided

And I gatt love for Ibadan, that's my second home via mum. And Abeokuta is the 3rd home via my maternal grandmum. Pops is 100% Ijebu. Beat that! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by Burger01(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
grin
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by DeBamenda(m): 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
Did I miss something here?
My Sister is Beautiful! cool
I like this thread.
A beautiful couple indeed! cool

Keep up the good work Onila! wink
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 12:11am On Sep 02, 2013
DeBamenda: Did I miss something here?
My Sister is Beautiful! cool
I like this thread.
A beautiful couple indeed! cool

Keep up the good work Onila! wink

abeg who gave her that title, queen of bamenda cheesy

anyways shes soo charming, a real unique beauty
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 2:52am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 4:08am On Nov 02, 2013
the official pictures!

Me and my Igwe.
He couldn't take his eyes of me.
Can you blame him?.... Wink** Naomi Achu kiss

Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 4:11am On Nov 02, 2013
parents of the couple

Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 4:13am On Nov 02, 2013

Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 4:14am On Nov 02, 2013
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 4:17am On Nov 02, 2013
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 4:20am On Nov 02, 2013

Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 4:22am On Nov 02, 2013
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 4:24am On Nov 02, 2013
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 4:28am On Nov 02, 2013
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by tpia5: 10:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
Has she started learning his language btw.
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by somegirl1: 2:27am On Nov 21, 2013
onila: parents of the couple

My Igbo aunty on the left tongue
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by tpia5: 4:30am On Nov 21, 2013
^i doubt their mum considers the kids Igbo, being nigerian.

but if people find it difficult to come to terms with their identity, they can just as well be american or wherever is their country of residence.

melting pot and all that.

in the meantime, the wife should still make an effort to learn about her husband's culture.
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by DeBamenda(m): 11:17am On Nov 21, 2013
Nice picture gallery as well

They look lovely

I like this thread

Onila, please keep the thread going and let the pics rolling! cool cool
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by tpia5: 12:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hasnt she posted like 50 or so pictures already?

How many do you need?
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 1:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
tpia@:
Has she started learning his language btw.

yea, she sang a song in yoruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvN1r9baU-M
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by onila(f): 1:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
tpia@:
Hasnt she posted like 50 or so pictures already?

How many do you need?
dont blame him

hes a bamenda boy

so hes enjoying the picture show
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by tpia5: 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
the accent in the music tape sounds nigerian, so perhaps she's lived in nigeria and can already speak the language?

ok, she already made an effort then, she should follow it up by learning more about her husband's culture, even if he's americana, doesnt matter.

unless they want to raise the kids as fully american and no nigerian.

hope no comma btw, those are getting too common these days.
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by somegirl1: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
tpia@:
the accent in the music tape sounds nigerian, so perhaps she's lived in nigeria and can already speak the language?

ok, she already made an effort then, she should follow it up by learning more about her husband's culture, even if he's americana, doesnt matter.

unless they want to raise the kids as fully american and no nigerian.

hope no comma btw, those are getting too common these days.

I spoke to a Western Cameroonian once and initially thought he was Igbo, Ibibio/ Efik or Rivers non-Igbo, in this order.
He'd never been to Nigeria.
Our accents aren't significantly different.
Re: Yoruba Prince Dayo Weds Cameroonian Beauty, Singer Naomi Achu! by tpia5: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
^ maybe the english speaking ones i assume.

the francophones dont really sound nigerian, imo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Typical Traditional Marriage List In Igboland (expo) / Nigeria Wins International Arts Competition In India / Yoruba People And Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.