Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids (38725 Views)

List Of Nigerian Tycoons That Impact Ghana's Economy / States’ Fortunes Dip As Govs Abandon Natural Resources For Abuja Cake / Ten Nigerian Billionaire Oil Tycoons To Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Vicjay1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
king arizona: What bout ALIKO DANGOTE?!!undecidedundecidedundecided
Is he also giving most his money to CHARITY?
Just asking gringringrin

LAST BOMB: if all this billionaires and millionaires gives
this huge percentage of money to "CHARITY", then CHARITY
Is suppose to be the Richest person in the WORLD!!
Now my question is, "Who is this CHARITY"? grincheesy
my sister.

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by rhames(m): 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
Arwe Nigerian elites and entrepreneurs,politicians even reading this?
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
This one wey everybody dey give Charity money so. The girl go hammer no be small. I go kuku name my pikin Charity and then give all my wealth to her instead of to give am to other people pikins. *hic*

On a serious note though, I don't think I subscribe entirely to that philosophy.
I understand giving some, maybe even half or more (depending on the size of the fortune) to charity, but I certainly would leave enough for my kids to guarsntee them financial security for life - UNLESS, God forbids, it turns out that one's children are useless and totally bereft of intellect and responsibility. As long as I have normal, responsible children, i see no reason why I'd let them go through the hardship I went through. They might not be as lucky as I was (it is not always about hard work), and there's no way to know how they might react to the vicissitudes of life. Some don't take it too well, and they descend into crime and other despicable acts of desperation. why would I want to risk that?

2 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Sweetlemon(f): 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2013
You must be very gullible if you believe this crap!
Like someone mentioned, Bill Gates SELLS vaccines to Africa. They are not free.
Also if they are so good, why not reduce the prices of their goods and services?? Do you know that to be a successful businessman, you need to be ruthless. Business itself is a dirty game where the only thing you think of is how to make more money. And my dear, to get to that level of success, you will not just step on toes, but you will step on people's backs! And you have to be smart and cunning! How then can they now be so sweet and kind enough to leave all that to strangers? Huh?
I dey laff.
Abegi! Only Jesus Christ can lay down his life savings for strangers!
The Bible itself says we should store up inheritance for our children.

3 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by IAMBREEZY: 6:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
OK
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by kstyle2(m): 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
And 9ja politicians wit their ill-gotten wealth leave billions 4 their kids.....n these pple alwayz giv...datz d secret 2 bein wealthy cos givers neva lack.i hope 2 do lykwise....*in bruno mars' voice......i wanna b a billionaire so freakin bad.*
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by expressdr84: 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
The. Primitive nature of the black man has excluded him from the list.
What we think is just ow to loot public fund to ensure the future of our generation instead of creating an enabling environment for them
These days, most Nigerian doctors want to specialize in public health so that they can lay there filthy hands on the money freely donated by hard working men.
A blackman to donate 10% of his Ill gotten wealth .!!! U dey dream
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Odunharry(m): 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
if na sm 9ja pikin make stuborn hear ds 1,dm fit poison dia papa
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Orikinla(m): 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
I know say black man or black woman no go dey among them. grin
Greed no go allow them.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by expressdr84: 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
Sweetlemon: You must be very gullible if you believe this crap!
Also if they are so good, why not reduce the prices of their goods and services?? Do you know that to be a successful businessman, you need to be ruthless. Business itself is a dirty game where the only thing you think of is how to make more money. And my dear, to get to that level of success, you will not just step on toes, but you will step on people's backs! And you have to be smart and cunning! How then can they now be so sweet and kind enough to leave all that to strangers? Huh?
I dey laff.
You are a very bitter and frustrated by poverty. TREATMENT OF HIV , TUBERCULOSIS and a host of other illnesses are free in Africa .guess u know who is sponsoring all that.

3 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tracygold: Nice decision but wait ooooo!!! Make I ask, how did
dis people cum be billionaires, I wan join d club shocked shocked I need to be a billionaire, my eyes dey red cool shocked cool shocked shocked

Start with ur mother, others can follow later. Or if u have N1m, bring it, there's dis money doubler in my village. grin

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by 2pmstcharles(m): 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
lol.. Whoeva trys dis in my country ll hv to burry emself.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Kokodeni(m): 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
@ post; Gates is worth $6.7b so are u saying he is worth over 3.7b or 37b pls go to forbes and give us accurate figures plssSssssss
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
I dey laff.
Lol. The thing pain Sweetlemon sotay she enter cynic mode.I can't help but agree with certain points in your argument though.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by obiseq: 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
These are Generous Billionaire. Oh God make me ONE of them
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by nijanigga: 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2013
ffo: no AFRICAN OR NIGERIAN in the list??
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Mismatched DNA, 99.9% of Nigerians in particular have DNA of greed in their genes, not surprising, that there is no Nigerian name there.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
I dey laff.

WORD!!
If u take a 'nice guy' attitude to business, then you're on a long thing.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Sniper4real(m): 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
dats grt, not lyk naija
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Dipville(m): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
striktlymi: How many 'Men of God' can do this
God bless ya real good man
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by triploc: 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Thank You Bill and Melinda Gates, I'm one of those you have impacted through your foundation,i'll neva forget you both.they paid half of the school fees of every masters in public health (MPH) students (including me) majoring in child and adolescent health at the university of ibadan, one of the schools selected worldwide in different continents.instead of N140,000 as other dept paid I and all my classmates paid N74 000.Bless u bro if i grow up wanna be like you.

4 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by triploc: 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
Thank You Bill and Melinda Gates, I'm one of those you have impacted through your foundation,i'll neva forget you both.they paid half of the school fees of every masters in public health (MPH) students (including me) majoring in child and adolescent health at the university of ibadan, one of the schools selected worldwide in different continents.instead of N140,000 as other dept paid I and all my classmates paid N74 000.Bless u bro when i grow up wanna be like you.

3 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by simpleseyi: 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
Then Bible says that a wise man leaves inheritance for his children's children; that is why Olusegun Obasanjo is looting, his daughter Iyabo Obasanjo is also looting. GEJ is looting, Patience GEJ is looting and even GEJ's mother is looting and donating buildings whereas she has no work. Tinubu is looting, his wife is looting, also his daughter and son-inlaw. James Ibori looted, his wife looted, his mistress also looted. All because they want to leave inheritance for their children's children.

The Bible is talking about leaving God given wealth as inheritance and not stolen wealth. Can't they learn from these white men?

2 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2013
k10: Something I notice, all these guys give a lot!

ANOTHER THING I NOTICED, NONE OF THEM ARE PASTORS

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Jeezyy(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
All the monies they've bin giving to charity where is it going to?, cuz the last time i checked, people are poorer than they were before this guys started this charity tin

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by FILEBE(m): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
k10: Something I notice, all these guys give a lot!
they give to charity yet we hear that Charity is still hungry. There must be a billion "charities" in the world!

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by 50calibre(m): 7:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
As much as I agree with their principles, I've got to admit, if I was the son of one of these guys, id be pretty pissed.

In cases of people like Bill gates and Warren Buffet, it's understandable because they are so rich that even if they leave behind just 1% of their fortune, it would still be hundreds of millions of dollars. I wonder what bill gates would do to his stake at Microsoft.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Rossikk(m): 7:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
Kelvindwaplord: Cool list but on a serious note , they wont leave even $1 for their kids!??.....

I like these foreigners , naija man no fit do am!...instead naija man go dey think of how to store more money for their #spoiltbrats called children...

You ''like these foreigners'' because you think like a slave, and anything ''these foreigners'' do or say is right in your slaveboy eyes.

If ''these foreigners'' had declared they will ALL leave money to their children, citing various reasons like financial security, business reasons etc, you would sing their praises all day, and commend their foresight, and if Nigerian tycoons had said they would never leave anything to their kids, you would attack the Nigerian tycoons for being greedy, selfish, planless etc.

(By the way, just because these rich people SAY they will leave nothing for their offspring does not mean you should believe them)

2 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Policewoman(f): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
My dad didnt leave any dough for me but if i end up like Dangote, maybe i'll leave a few billions for ma kidz and donate d rest to charity.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Xaviers(m): 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
wow!

Meanwhile, the brian tracy event is in 6 days..... have you gotten your tickets yet
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Biim: 7:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
Africans will not only make money for their children but for their fifth generation,
My kids are definitely getting at least half of my fortune.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by deols(f): 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
My grand father said the same thing but forgot to write his will cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
Viewing this topic: hardbody, kanny1, Dipville(m),
yoged(m), Empy v, Swker, tareigns(m), olumidaie(m)
, BedLam, HotNaijaBabe(f), august5, madu101,
Onuokwu, Co-enzymeA, Mighty Fortress, patiymar
(m), dreZilla(m), aiso_g, Oysdam(m), Seequadry(m),
Jaidey-one(m), Ufranklin92, Lucasbalo(m), osuntolaf,
bluerange(f), jagabanban, uchuutien, OBALINE,
lomomike(m), valacious(m), missvirgorick(f), kzokul
(m), Itoroetti (m), ezevee, scampy(m), Qhollah(m), El
fenómeno, Chidosqi, big nene(m), buffenuff,
LewsTherin, ugopeter(m), KayB, Odunharry(m), REX
REGIS, Rhemmymatician(m), mc~evans(m), ba_
aliyah(m), iamdjizzy, mourinho b, ofordelima,
robinhoodd2(m), dubem3(m), Teespice(f), Zenimart
(m), Tadeus(m), mjayjumah, Lordwize(m),
chukslawrence(m), Flying @ngel(m), kingsley989(m)
, Bifam30, coolestboy(m), Gboyee4fun(m),
Domwiz4all(m), smothly(f), oseyere(m), mykorhe@
ya, miz4oxley(m), frenex(f), Thereishel, expressdr84,
ejifranks(m), Horpe2505(f), Silva79(f), nollyj, IamD
rock(m), Dr. Whizy(m), Orikinla(m), kingsrod,
yhemster, dukila, futprintz(m), rman, @dlight,
okayce(m), 2pmstcharles(m), hot93.7(f), stillsmall(f),
nathx(m), Amalaaba, apacheguy, sleekch1c(f),
demelza, Archmed, lanresz(m), triploc, aaronson(m),
RedBenson, Jen2l, REALITY101(m), baba11(m),
mamamusty(f), slim1739, nickz(m), donfatosa(m),
naija4(m) and 130 guest(s)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Exchange Rate As Of Today, July 1st / Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar / Alpari Nigeria Turning To Forextime Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.