Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids (38722 Views)

List Of Nigerian Tycoons That Impact Ghana's Economy / States’ Fortunes Dip As Govs Abandon Natural Resources For Abuja Cake / Ten Nigerian Billionaire Oil Tycoons To Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 22, 2013
lorretta u: Those with poor parents are happily commenting
'Nice' 'good mindset' bla bla bla.
Those with rich parents are busy praying
"Dear God pls don't let my dad read this thread or any info concerning this Charity matter"
smiley
I'll just go to bed. I've no place here

U mean u neither belong to the rich nor poor? Then what are u? A zombi?
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 22, 2013
biafranqueen: for your info his uncle loaned him $500,000 when he got back from school in Egypt you guys should look into the people
story!

Ok accepted! Dangote got a loan of $500,000 of those days which is an OPPORTUNITY btw. Now, how many of the poor ones can lay hands on such loan even at present to invest which is the disadvantage on thier part?
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by paparazzi1987(m): 8:09am On Aug 22, 2013
ffo: no AFRICAN OR NIGERIAN in the list??
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Thief Obasanjo
MalThief Atiku
Thief Tinubu
Are also donating their wealth to Improve Corruption
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by ajf(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2013
striktlymi: How many 'Men of God' can do this
Don't go there o. There children will even inherit the Church..........
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Bawss1(m): 8:48am On Aug 22, 2013
See how some NLanders are pained by what these rich men want. Some here are citing bible verses to support their stance, others are smearing the characters of the people involved by trying to associate this to some kind of cult.

Wealth is a beautiful thing to make, these men are giving their children the opportunity to make theirs from the beginning not hand it to them free of charge.

You guys should quit the capitalist conspiracy talk, the rumors or the misunderstood bible verses: Fulfilment comes from engaging one's skills and strengths in a healthy struggle for life not from living without a care because everything has been provided for.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by jpphilips(m): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2013
vislabraye: Majority of my fortune should go to my offspring.

what will they be doing when they have inherited all your wealth?
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by FBS: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2013
There is more here that meets the eye. Don't believe everything you read. simple.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by lakesguy(m): 9:12am On Aug 22, 2013

On point bro'
steve_cantrell: Hmm..interesting, I just don't buy it though.
All of these people want to give their monies to 'charity' thru FOUNDATIONS. This is a brilliant way of keeping the taxman away from your wealth.

Their kids don't need to inherit any money, just put some of them on the board of trustees and its all over..

And that bull about wealth destroying ppl, ANDERSON COOPER, the CNN correspondent is a great grandson of VANDERBILT.. He's a trust fund kid worth over $100 MILLION.

That doesn't stop him from being a top ace, award-winning journalist.

These rich freaks should go tell it to the birds ! They enjoy lying to 'poor' people.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by KehindeOmololu: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2013
I hope this is not a strategy is return their wealth to where they actually got it from...I don't really trust them.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by hesky84(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2013
What bout ALIKO DANGOTE?!!
Is he also giving most his money to CHARITY?
Just asking

LAST BOMB: if all this billionaires and millionaires gives
this huge percentage of money to "CHARITY", then CHARITY
Is suppose to be the Richest person in the WORLD!!
Now my question is, "Who is this CHARITY.

Am also thinking of that too, we need to find this person I think.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by jpphilips(m): 9:38am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunglow: A good father leaves an inheritance for his children,n generations yet unborn.

lol, it is this mindset that makes corruption dominant in our society, people don't know when it is enough. people are not contented,, when your wealth solves all your problems and you see yourself spending on frivolities then you know it is ok, and you are done.
your children though they came from your loins are strangers from no where, do you know any of your kids before they were born? do you know that being your kids does not erode their choices in life, trust me, it is only a poor man or a thief that advocates leaving money for his kids.

personally, i don't advocate throwing the money away either, i rather die without a will than send my fortunes to a church that is already wealthy, it doesn't make much sense, knowing what most churches do with such funds.
guess a man with 10 billion dollars wouldn't need the kingdom of heaven to open and splash out more blessings would he?

Most people here are already confusing giving to charity and giving to church, their only reason to give is because daddy Man of God has asked them to give, i know a lot of tithe payers who cannot give 200 naira to an officer standing under the sun, i know tithe payers who cant afford to feed destitutes or sponsor a less privileged relative through school.

FYI, bill and melisa foundation collect these pledges from wealthy individuals to eradicate polio in Africa.in their 2012 report they have nearly eradicated polio save for Northern parts of Africa who refused the drugs, 2013 they are planning to eradicate malaria, because of the new resistant malaria, a type of plasmodium resistant to artesunate, it kills children like wildfire, so they are back on it after their 1998 success.

Thursday immunization in our hospitals where they tell you that the Govt has paid, the govt did not actually pay the whole sum, bill gates did.
HIV and aids research, Cancer research, cholera eradication etc, they are the ones sponsoring those programmes,they are not giving to churches, matter of fact, your wealth is safer with your kids than some charge and bail church at the worst case scenario.

when you are giving to church, you are not giving to God, the thanksgiving that God recognizes is that child in Zimbabwe who had food to eat from your donation, unless you have proof that the church will use it for same, if you are giving to the church and ur pastor is using it to buy private jets, God is not aware of it no matter how they twist the bible.

3 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 22, 2013
biafranqueen: We are not talking about 1 factory or 1 million dollars that just feeds your family. We are talking about billions of dollars that feed thousands of families. Not your fathers house in the village and Lagos. Even with those small small inheritance see how brothers and sister will tear each others clothes and threaten each other life over a few acres of land.
ok smiley

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 22, 2013
RedBenson:

U mean u neither belong to the rich nor poor? Then what are u? A zombi?
there's something called middleclass. We just get by. We have just what we need.not a penny below that or above that. Kapish?
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by jpphilips(m): 9:53am On Aug 22, 2013
Simba757: These are just Hopeless, Cultist, Illuminati BINGOS!
Your children are an extesion of your lineage.
With the amount of money these Bingos have, their kids and the less priviledged should be mutually comfortable.
We all know that the TRUE less priviledged get nothing from these stupid 'Foundations'.
The farce called their money is simply going back to where it came from... Kept for the next victim.

silly foundations you call it but you give to churches, do you know that there is a foundation that take care of young women whose husband died early especially victims of forced marriage in Nigeria? guess whose money they are spending?
There is a Foundation owned by Lulu briggs that take care of all the elderly in his community, all you need do is register, walk in at any time of the day and you will be assured of 3 square meals, weekend is distribution of clothes and toiletries, isn't that someone's wealth?

How can you compare such humanitarian gesture with giving a pastor to make shampoo hair and fly around the globe?

2 Likes

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by uchdollar111: 11:02am On Aug 22, 2013
That is why they are the whites, no African man or woman can make that sacrifice.
Anyway, to test ur knowledge and play a
free online version of who wants to be a
millionaire, plus latest news visit
www.nairaquest.com
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by 2goodbobo(m): 11:16am On Aug 22, 2013
There is nothing as good as giving to the poor. God please bless me too like this so that I can be a source of blessing to others.

Only African elite don't know that wealth is nothing but vanity
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 22, 2013
lorretta u: there's something called middleclass. We just get by. We have just what we need.not a penny below that or above that. Kapish?

As if you are talking to a non-Nigerian. In Nigeria, what we've is either you are notoriously rich like politicians or notoriously poor like bricklayers. Nothing like middleclass. Btw, are u mid-fielder?
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 22, 2013
jp
philips:

silly foundations you call it but you give to churches, do you know that there is a foundation that take care of young women whose husband died early especially victims of forced marriage in Nigeria? guess whose money they are spending?
There is a Foundation owned by Lulu briggs that take care of all the elderly in his community, all you need do is register, walk in at any time of the day and you will be assured of 3 square meals, weekend is distribution of clothes and toiletries, isn't that someone's wealth?

How can you compare such humanitarian gesture with giving a pastor to make shampoo hair and fly around the globe?

grin grin grin Just pray pastor Chris and co dont read this or else be ready to prove when ur money was used to buy shampoo, hair-die and relaxer. grin

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by yfo: 11:46am On Aug 22, 2013
one thing I sense from this rich people is that the need to make money has been achieved hence wanting to die in a state of near poverty<I think>...

simple maslow's hierrachy of needs here..having met all five basic needs in life......what next undecided
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2013
RedBenson:

As if you are talking to a non-Nigerian. In Nigeria, what we've is either you are notoriously rich like politicians or notoriously poor like bricklayers. Nothing like middleclass. Btw, are u mid-fielder?
sorry but i've to call u a mumu. Their is something like middleclass here in our nigeria. They're not poor, they're comfortable, can easily afford three square meals a day, some even have their own houses, but yet they're not notoriously rich as u say.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Myself2(m): 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
obadiah777: thiefilus danjuma has a foundation.

Na real Thiefilus Danjuma
One carton of Alomo for you @obadiah777
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2013
RedBenson:

so all Nigerains are either billionaires or paupers right?
Now average families with one house,one car,and just enough money for bills and education?
Really?
Where do u live?
If u are in Nigeria,then I guess you're one of the paupers isn't it? Cos u definitely aint a billionaire smiley
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by iamdsam: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
I wish all rich men in Nigeria can be like this. They don't care about the people around. They only care about their children which have lost values and morals. When I become a tycoon by God's grace, I'll do same

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
Princek12: When I look at the list, all I can say is God Bless America!
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by yfo: 4:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
lorretta u: so all Nigerains are either billionaires or paupers right?
Now average families with one house,one car,and just enough money for bills and education?
Really?
Where do u live?
If u are in Nigeria,then I guess you're one of the paupers isn't it? Cos u definitely aint a billionaire smiley

ouch!...
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
booqee: sorry but i've to call u a mumu. Their is something like middleclass here in our nigeria. They're not poor, they're comfortable, can easily afford three square meals a day, some even have their own houses, but yet they're not notoriously rich as u say.

I almost not quoting u because of d expression of lack of proper attitude to address pple. Wat warrantd u into calling me names? Dont try dat next time!

Now, those pple u mentioned of being middle-class are d poor ones am talking abt here. As u av stated already of them being able 2 afford 3square meals a day, affording shelter & clothing etc. Those WANTS are synonimous to poor folks e.g. pondering on food, shelter etc wch is no diff. frm a bricklayer as i stated.Rich folks e.g. polithiefcians ponder abt toys (wch is d latest ride in town now), leisure(where can i travel to for holidays) and rest (i dont need to bully myself around 4 1months in d name of hustling). Hope u got it! Btw, wch do u belong?
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
lorretta u: so all Nigerains are either billionaires or paupers right?
Really?
Where do u live?

Well, 'paupers' is ur own descriptive format. I've no problem with that and i cant reveal to u either am rich or poor but those are the two classes of people we've in Nigeria.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
ajf:
Don't go there o. There children will even inherit the Church..........

Like Winner Chapel man leading African congregations and the son being in-charge of offerings, tithes and vows in europe abi? God is watching!
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by Nuzo1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
gtrust: Don't mind these 'wise' rich people.

What they are actually doing is screw the SAME poor people!

Let me explain: if they die, government makes 40% of their total worth as inheritance tax.
If they have a foundation: government gets NOTHING!
Those guys WILL NEVER give out more that 5% of their money.
Rich people pay accountants so much money so that they don't have to pay tax to government!
Some end up getting tax grants and waiver!

It gets interesting: who are the patrons of those CHARITIES = THE SAME CHILDREN!

I hate all this noise and making people think you are a philanthropist when you're not.
Bill Gates still sell vaccines to Nigeria, my people are the vaccines for free

Have the vaccines not exhausted their patency rights

Look at South Africa: they refused to provide free antivirus medication for HIV.
South Africa manufactured them without consent of the patent owners and the case is still in court.
Who are the owners of thses patents

I beg, forget these 'wise' rich CAPITALIST people.

Thanks for capturing the picture perfectlly.

So surprising folks here don't even know how much of a fraud owning and donating to charities are in USA.
If you re not stacking the bulk of you billions in offfshore account...then flaunt a charity organisation.
Its all about evading inheritance tax for their kids.

Some American billionaires are even going to the extreame of denoucing their citizenship.

There are genuine philantropists. They are not more than two tho'.
Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by courage89(m): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
They all understand the meaning of the quote by Abigail Van Buren" if you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them, and half as much money"

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by todayguest(m): 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2013
Why would God not bless the Americans. U can't take giving from them. A large purse tied to a large heart.They have learnt the secrets of giving and its benefits.No wonder they are the most prosperous in the world. God bless the USA.

1 Like

Re: Tycoons Who Won't Leave Their Fortunes To Their Kids by gforce5: 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
Africans with their conspiracy theories. For your information, these lot come from societies that have a high standard of living. Hardly any rich mogul from a developing country will do that when a high percentage of the population are hovering towards the poverty line and there is no government to support them. 2) Even 1% of their money will set their kids up for at least a two generations. 3) Their kids will have connections most people cannot even dream of. 4) Their kids have minor stakes in the companies they founded. Finally, the reason why africans are not in the list is because we are too selfish and power hungry to care about each other. Hell, how many family businesses are still in tact in africa? I'm out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Exchange Rate As Of Today, July 1st / Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar / Alpari Nigeria Turning To Forextime Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.