Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,535 members, 7,954,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll (12105 Views)

Guber Poll: Oba Of Lagos Reads Riot Act To Igbo... The Sun / Obasanjo Presents Soludo As Finance Minister, Tinubu Kicks / Acn To Endorse Prince Abubakar Audu As Flagbearer Today In Lokoja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Ayekotoo(m): 11:10pm On Aug 21, 2013
Written by Christian Okeke -Abuja Tuesday, 20 August 2013 01:52

THE United Progressive Party (UPP) has ruled out the possibility of adopting the former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Professor Chukwuma Soludo as its flagbearer for the November 16 governorship poll in Anambra State. Professor Soludo, seen as a major contender in the race was last week disqualified by the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).

He was candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2010 but decamped recently.Speaking exclusively to the Nigerian Tribune, officials of UPP which broke away from APGA following protracted crises ruled out possibility of adopting the former CBN governor.

The national chairman of the party, Chief Chekwas Okorie stated that candidate of the party would be unveiled after its primary election scheduled for September 1.
Also, the national publicity secretary of the party, Chief Ogbuehi Dike told the Nigerian Tribune over the phone that the party does not accept failed politicians into its fold. He noted that the party would present a “brand, new and marketable candidate and.win the election.” According to him, a lot of activities have been.taking place in the party, including purchasing of expression of interest form by aspirants but hinted that the party wants to concentrate on administrative works before it can make its activities regarding choice of candidate public.

Dike recalled that the national chairman of the party had on July 30 this year in Enugu informed that the party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) has zoned the guber to Anambra North, noting, “I am sure Soludo is not from there.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/19526-anambra-guber-upp-rules-out-adoption-of-soludo-as-candidate.html

1 Like

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Ayekotoo(m): 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
It seems the God of luck and election has left Charles Soludo to his mercy.

1 Like

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Ayekotoo(m): 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
PDP rejected him, APGA disgraced and now common UPP humiliates him. All is not well for this technocrat.

3 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by takedat(m): 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ayekotoo:

Also, the national publicity secretary of the party, Chief Ogbuehi Dike told the Nigerian Tribune over the phone that the party does not accept failed politicians into its fold.

See Washing grin.

The headline should read: UPP rejects Soludo As Candidate, calls him 'a failed politician'.

A party that has no real support base and political clout.

6 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
LMAOOO

And this is the best man Ibos can give us for presidential campaign? grin shocked

Sounds like Dora Akiluyi to me.

Bia bia......political ashewo

2 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by eye4eye: 11:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
Rejected home and away. Omo ibo ronu o!

2 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by AdmYamamoto: 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
Where is ONLYTRUTH? LMAO... LWKMD! grin grin grin grin grin I want him to come and entertain NL with is cock and bull stories ... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 21, 2013
Adm. Yamamoto:
Where is ONLYTRUTH? LMAO... LWKMD! grin grin grin grin grin I want him to come and entertain NL with is cock and bull stories ... grin grin

So that armchair ezediot still dey on Nl? shocked

Thought he left because Seun refused to grant Ibos a Biafran Section on Nl grin

6 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by mrking3(m): 11:29pm On Aug 21, 2013
Chai!!! And Elrufai would be laughing so Hard Now!!! But that his rejoinder na bomb o!!!
Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by njideoby(f): 11:32pm On Aug 21, 2013
But I didn't see her it was mentioned that Soludo went to beg this mushroom notice-Me political party for candidature.

1 Like

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Abagworo(m): 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
I'm partly sad and partly happy for Soludo's predicament. I'm so sure that its Rochas and Amaechi's actions that's affecting him and it will affect many more competent candidates in future. The reason is that if a popular candidate wins an election, he owes little or nothing to the party he emerged from because he has the masses by his side and this could make him uncontrollable by the party Godfathers. The case of Amaechi and Rochas are still fresh.

3 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by FreeGlobe(f): 11:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
njideoby: But I didn't see her it was mentioned that Soludo went to beg this mushroom notice-Me political party for candidature.
cheesy cheesy
Anambra people too rejects a divisive and faceless party. Anambra north ke, Anambra north ko. Make we see road
Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
Soludo don turn Leprosy wey everybody dey reject now.

Nna na wah oo undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by afdynamic(m): 11:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
njideoby: But I didn't see her it was mentioned that Soludo went to beg this mushroom notice-Me political party for candidature.

I didn't see her bawo......

1 Like

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by cKaiser: 12:00am On Aug 22, 2013
E be like say Soludo shiit for body or why everyone dey avoid am

1 Like

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by IGBOSON1: 12:18am On Aug 22, 2013
You nose-pokers and busybodies are getting a hard-on with recent news on Soludo aren't you? So any thrash you read from any thrashy newspaper- you rush to post on this forum just b'cos you feel it ridicules Soludo, and raises the profile and chances of your own anointed (most likely Ngige)?

If you cared to read that rubbish you posted there, you'd notice that the useless paper was reporting gossip and beer parlour gist as official and confirmed; also, nowhere in the report did Chekwas himself mention Soludo by name; finally, can you refer us to any news article or video showing where Soludo went begging UPP for membership of their party?

You people need to concentrate more on selling your man Ngige to the electorate, and quit obsessing over Soludo (i have absolutely no idea what he's about besides building a few roads and grandstanding)......it shows just how frightened you are of Soludo, hence the unrestrained joy and bone/r at the made up story of UPPs 'official' rejection!

24 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by takedat(m): 12:41am On Aug 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:
You nose-pokers and busybodies are getting a hard-on with recent news on Soludo aren't you? So any thrash you read from any thrashy newspaper- you rush to post on this forum just b'cos you feel it ridicules Soludo, and raises the profile and chances of your own anointed (most likely Ngige)?

If you cared to read that rubbish you posted there, you'd notice that the useless paper was reporting gossip and beer parlour gist as official and confirmed; also, nowhere in the report did Chekwas himself mention Soludo by name; finally, can you refer us to any news article or video showing where Soludo went begging UPP for membership of their party?

You people need to concentrate more on selling your man Ngige to the electorate, and quit obsessing over Soludo (i have absolutely no idea what he's about besides building a few roads and grandstanding)......it shows just how frightened you are of Soludo, hence the unrestrained joy and bone/r at the made up story of UPPs 'official' rejection!
The pitiful Lamentations of IGBO-SON cheesy

So any newspaper that reports what you do not like is trashy?

18 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by plaindealer: 12:58am On Aug 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

omo, small small with the crying and all the tears abeg. GEJ don turn soludo to untouchable leper, GEJ don castrate and render him useless and homeless all by remote control from Abuja and you can not do any damn thing about it grin

So now that GEJ (Ijaw man) don eliminate the only almost and I mean the only almost worthy politician in ibo land in favor of Ngige.. what's next?

Honestly, where do you go from here? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by IGBOSON1: 1:16am On Aug 22, 2013
plaindealer:

omo, small small with the crying and all the tears abeg. GEJ don turn soludo to untouchable leper, GEJ don castrate and render him useless and homeless all by remote control from Abuja and you can not do any damn thing about it grin

So now that GEJ (Ijaw man) don eliminate the only almost and I mean the only almost worthy politician in ibo land in favor of Ngige.. what's next?

Honestly, where do you go from here? grin grin

^^^Why the smiley emoticons? What are you happy about?

As per your questions: ask Ndi Anambra where they go from here; they can elect Santa Clause or Mickey Mouse if they like......it's their prerogative! I'm done caring to be honest!

2 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

11 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by YesBosss(m): 5:05am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Nigeria rejected Awolowo severally until he decided to end it all allegedly with a dose of Ratokil TM

This is the problem i have with you peeps. You are a fool for dragging Awolowos name to this crap, what has that got to do with the topic. You want to start a Ojuku and Awo argument? Grow up

18 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by omiobo: 5:26am On Aug 22, 2013
IGBO-SON:

I expected you to face the truth and curse the day Peter obi became Anambra governor. He has made your anointed candidate a cursed one. There is nothing you can do about it,the fact still remain that Soludo is political handicap.
Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by plaindealer: 5:36am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Your mother is a bigger fool for not aborting you.

I don report you for that and I hope you get banned..

8 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by softwareman(m): 5:54am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Nigeria rejected Awolowo severally until he decided to end it all allegedly with a dose of Ratokil TM
Nairalanders. I have a suggestion. It is obvious that this post is a deliberate attempt by a small mind to incite another round of exchange of tribal slur between Yoruba and IGBOS.
to me what those of us that are matured need to display is that we are more matured than all these small boys.

I am therefore appealing to south westerners to not fall for this cheap tribal bait and just focus on the topic of the thread.

If we can consistently do this to every rantings of small and demented minds like this, they will eventually get the message .

12 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by plaindealer: 5:57am On Aug 22, 2013
software man:
Nairalanders. I have a suggestion. It is obvious that this post is a deliberate attempt by a small mind to incite another round of exchange of tribal slur between Yoruba and IGBOS.
to me what those of us that are matured need to display is that we are more matured than all these small boys.

I am therefore appealing to south westerners to not fall for this cheap tribal bait and just focus on the topic of the thread.

If we can consistently do this to every rantings of small and demented minds like this, they will eventually get the message .

I totally agree with you..

3 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by softwareman(m): 6:09am On Aug 22, 2013
YesBosss:

This is the problem i have with you peeps. You are a fool for dragging Awolowos name to this crap, what has that got to do with the topic. You want to start a Ojuku and Awo argument? Grow up
Please just ignore. do not dignify cheap and obvious bait like this with a response.

we will only be encouraging attention seekers like this if we make it look this easy to always instigate tribal war between YORUBAS and IGBOS

3 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:21am On Aug 22, 2013
plaindealer:

I don report you for that and I hope you get banned..
Thanks for that.

2 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by YesBosss(m): 6:25am On Aug 22, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Your mother is a bigger fool for not aborting you.

It shows how you were brought up, its only a frustrated wild child that will insult someones mother. I wont resort to calling your mother names.

1 Like

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:26am On Aug 22, 2013
software man:

Stop being hypocritical mate. You are quick to condemn my post and see it as a bait but turn a blind eye to the topic by the op which is the actual bait. Where in the hole of the topic was it stated that Soludo either directly or indirectly approached UPP? Where in the article was it mentioned that Soludo was rejected by UPP?

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

8 Likes

Re: UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll by YesBosss(m): 6:26am On Aug 22, 2013
software man:
Please just ignore. do not dignify cheap and obvious bait like this with a response.

we will only be encouraging attention seekers like this if we make it look this easy to always instigate tribal war between YORUBAS and IGBOS

Alright, will always ignore.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyo LP Guber Candidate, Akinwale Dumps Party For APC / Summon Agbaje For Questioning, Group Tells DSS / Terrorist Attacks In Borno: Office Of The Acting President Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.