Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic (38498 Views)

Stephen Hawking Says He's Figured Out To Escape From Black Hole / Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean / Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
Provie: This is d channel thru which water is drained away from the earth, otherwise d earth wuld hav bn drowned long ago; if every water merges into a bigger one, where does d bigest ocean flown into? This might just be d answer.

Nature is amazing!

Water is drained away from the Earth! undecided

I'm sure you are feeling like a genius now. Listen to yourself. Water is drained away from the Earth to where. Did you construct a tap that is adding fresh water to the Earth?. Or did your night-school not teach Geography or simple Science to show you the most basic water cycle? Na wah ooooo.
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tinyemeka:
Drain away from the earth into where? It is more rocks and molten magma inside the earth. I don't think there would be vacant spaces large enough to contain the volume of the ocean draining into a 'hole'. For how long?

You still may be correct afterall.

Me I believe the vortices might have been created by temperature differentials in counteracting super-currents. Cold and warm currents meet and in the process of 're-arranging' (warm water moving up and cold descending), the turbulence gradually tended to swirling. Definitely, there would be some other factors involved.

Bravo!! Bravo!! BRAAAVOO!!!!

Guy, I do double twale for you. You too much. This is the only right thinking person that has commented so far on this forum. When I saw the title of this post, this was exactly what crossed my mind. My mind tells me there is a volcanic fissure down below or perhaps even a volcanic eruption. Yes, volcanic eruptions occur even at sub-sea level. And for the vortex to be this large and powerful, it means the eruption must be on a very grand scale. When the hot lava heats the water, the normal principle is that the warm current will rise and the cold current will descend to counteract the heat. The warm current on reaching the surface cools down and becomes the cold current allover again and the cycle continues. The temperatures involved and the surface area of the Eruption determines the size and power of the vortex.

If that satellite had heat sensors and could do a heat imagery, what you would all see would be one very big red blotch across the entire surface area of the vortex area.
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by alpontif(m): 12:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
Ayoobscom: Subhanalah!

If Allah can divide sea into two,then why can't he make a portal hole on a sea..

He does this to remind you He's one and indeed the most powerful one..

The moon once split into two...and He did that too

So the moon actually SPLIT in two....eh?.........
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2013
alpontif:

So the moon actually SPLIT in two....eh?.........

Probably Thor was testing out his hammer then grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by apostle007(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2013
princefunmi:

Nairaland is simply amazing! grin
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by dammie3(m): 11:08am On Aug 28, 2013
princefunmi:

grin exActly wah  was tinking

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Current Heatwave. My Room Was 37c This Afternoon. Enugu / Oshiorenoya Agabi's ‘Human Brains" Computer On The Making / Strange Lights In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.