Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,275 members, 7,860,638 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:36 PM

To Build Or Invest 500,000 Naira - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / To Build Or Invest 500,000 Naira (2064 Views)

Pls I Need Advice And Clue On How To Invest 500,000 Naira / Where Can I Invest 500,000 Naira / To Build Or Invest N500,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Build Or Invest 500,000 Naira by nigflue: 5:08am On Aug 22, 2013
While surfing Nigerians most popular website and forum nairaland.com, I came across a post when someone was asking whether “to build or invest 500,000 naira”. After going through the replies, I was amaze at what other people are suggesting.

I decided to write this not to criticize anyone, but to offer my own suggestions too. Having a 500,000 naira is good money to start a business, investment and even build a house.

Fact about a house
One thing that is really confusing today is whether a house is an asset or not. Well a house can be an asset and equally be a liability. When you invest 500,000 to build your own house, then it becomes a liability and if you build a house and rent it out, it becomes an asset.

That is anything that put money in your pocket becomes an asset and the one that don’t becomes a liability.

Why your house is not an asset
The reason is not far fetch. Your house needs maintenance, you pay light bills, water bills and so on and at the end of the month, does not provide you with any cash. I know people will argue with me, but that is the fact. Your house only generates money when you sell it.

Another thing to consider is, building a house today in Nigeria with that sum of money might not be enough to build your dream house, especially in big cities like Lagos, Abuja and so on.

My suggestions
The best thing to do with your money at this time is to invest it. But don’t just carry your money and invest it without any knowledge of the investment. Because there are a lot of Ponzi schemes around. There are lots of business you can start with that money.

When the money is invested well you’ll be able to make serious return on your investment that you’ll use part of the money to build your house and the remaining part to keep growing your investment.

source:http://sandalili.com/612-to-build-or-invest-500000-naira
Re: To Build Or Invest 500,000 Naira by phr33man(m): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2013
I stil stick wit my advise on buildin d house either as asset or liability coz al dose bills stated above r utilities bills dat r stil paid in a rented ap@tment. Truly,he can't build his drim house wit dt money yet he's free 4rm landlord issue(bin a landlord). All investment r unda probability as we al knw. Bt buildin is own ap@tment is of lesser risk 2 oda investments. Meanwhile, afta buildin d house he can also use it as collateral 4 loan more dan 500k his initial capital den st@ investment. I tink it wil yield more income compared 2 investin wit 500k(that's wen he has sin a gud investment). PEACE

(1) (Reply)

Africoin For Sale / My Interaction With A Ponzi Scheme Owner / Jumia And Konga To Accept TBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.