Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? (1438 Views)

A Thread For Catholics / Recommend Threads For Frontpage / Why Arent Any Pagan / Atheist Threads Making Frontpage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 9:23am On Aug 22, 2013
This forum is meant to be religious forum where we have Christians, Muslim (ok Muslims have a sub forum), Atheist etc. And it is a known that all these have their believes and disbelieves as in the case of some.
Its obvious that some persons on this forum has gotten preferences and their thread easily make the frontpage. So my question is this, what is the criteria for a thread to make the frontpage?
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by mcfynest(m): 9:39am On Aug 22, 2013
JUST GET A PICS OF A CELEBRITY PRAYING OR COOKING.

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2013
mcfynest: JUST GET A PICS OF A CELEBRITY PRAYING OR COOKING.

Lol!!!
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Anuoluwap(m): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2013
1. Make your topic as interesting, informative and attractive as it may be
2. Photos help
3. Try getting attention of the readers in your topic so as to get much comments.
4. If you are posting news; back it up with source
5. Follow the rules and regulations while posting e.g punctuation marks
6. Lastly, we are in Nigeria. Favouritism can never be waved away. Some Moderators don't need to see comments before gracing a post Front page. & some are lady-lovers no need to explain that. I've seen topics without proper punctuation marks making front page and some after posting, they will just write "mod front page pls", just wait about a minute you'll c the topic on front page. Some moderators are not even competent. There exists corruption in Nairaland(Nigeria).

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Thanks for your comment @ all. But my question is from the context of religious/christian forum. Maybe I should rather put, what makes a Christian thread make frontpage?
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 12:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
mcfynest: JUST GET A PICS OF A CELEBRITY PRAYING OR COOKING.

Funny but true bro
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Anuoluwap(m): 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
Follow my steps and for a Religious post. It must be INSPIRATIONAL AND LIFE TOUCHING.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
Anuoluwap: Follow my steps and for a Religious post. It must be INSPIRATIONAL AND LIFE TOUCHING.
As Christians we present the truth as it is n not play to the gallery, n once it is the word n truth it will always be INSPIRATIONAL AND LIFE TOUCHING. But many atimes when the truth is said, it is not appealing to many 'cos that's not what they want to hear.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Anuoluwap(m): 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
As Christians we present the truth as it is n not play to the gallery, n once it is the word n truth it will always be INSPIRATIONAL AND LIFE TOUCHING. But many atimes when the truth is said, it is not appealing to many 'cos that's not what they want to hear.
The Truth is Bitter no doubt.
Most Topics on Religion don't make frontpage. The moderator was recently fired. Even Mr. Seun was sorry for allowing such person to be a moderator in this section.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Anuoluwap:
The Truth is Bitter no doubt.
Most Topics on Religion don't make frontpage. The moderator was recently fired. Even Mr. Seun was sorry for allowing such person to be a moderator in this section.

So what is the way forward?
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Anuoluwap(m): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

So what is the way forward?
Three new Moderators have been appointed to run things in the Religion section. Hope we see improvements.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by DrummaBoy(m): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
Anuoluwap:
Three new Moderators have been appointed to run things in the Religion section. Hope we see improvements.

That's news. Who are they?
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Anuoluwap(m): 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
DrummaBoy:

That's news. Who are they?
(Moderators:
HumbledbYGrace, Ajibam,
obadiah777)
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
Anuoluwap:
(Moderators:
HumbledbYGrace, Ajibam,
obadiah777)

If that's true then its a good one?
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by mcfynest(m): 12:47am On Aug 24, 2013
Anuoluwap:
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 6:40am On Aug 30, 2013
[quote author=mcfynest][/quote]

I am still waiting to see a change in this forum or better put, waiting for the truth prevailing in this section.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by mcfynest(m): 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
i think i see some changes
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
mcfynest: i think i see some changes

Yeah U are right for I can also see, the truth is surely prevailing n very soon the revival will burn everywhere
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 7:07am On Oct 30, 2013
I am calling on all true concerned Christians on NL to look at what is happening on this forum. What exactly is the criteria for making frontpage from this forum?
As religion forum from the Christian section, threads that make frontpage aren't those that truly teaches what we believe as Christians n can learn from. U see threads like "Describe your church in one word" making frontpage while those that exalt Christ n His teachings hardly find their way there.

Our mods should please recommend threads that truly portray what we believe as Christians for the frontpage so that we all can learn n be blessed.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by ayoku777(m): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T: I am calling on all true concerned Christians on NL to look at what is happening on this forum. What exactly is the criteria for making frontpage from this forum?
As religion forum from the Christian section, threads that make frontpage aren't those that truly teaches what we believe as Christians n can learn from. U see threads like "Describe your church in one word" making frontpage while those that exalt Christ n His teachings hardly find their way there.

Our mods should please recommend threads that truly portray what we believe as Christians for the frontpage so that we all can learn n be blessed.

Food for thought, i've noticed it too, that if your post is strictly for edifying people with truth from scripture, it will be considered too boring for FP. It wont even have many comments on the religion section much less make it to FP.

I think for now the taste of unbelievers determine what makes it to FP, as in what unbelievers love to hear and discuss about the church. So for a religious topic to make it to FP, it must be controversial or argumentative, it must indict a ministry or bash a pastor. If its not one of those, it will take the favour of God to get FP slot.

But i see a change coming soon.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by mcfynest(m): 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
ayoku777:

Food for thought, i've noticed it too, that if your post is strictly for edifying people with truth from scripture, it will be considered too boring for FP. It wont even have many comments on the religion section much less make it to FP.

I think for now the taste of unbelievers determine what makes it to FP, as in what unbelievers love to hear and discuss about the church. So for a religious topic to make it to FP, it must be controversial or argumentative, it must indict a ministry or bash a pastor. If its not one of those, it will take the favour of God to get FP slot.

hmmmmmm.....what of topics like "do you sit at the back sit or front sitvin church", how those that affect me etc....those are thrash threads that make fp........
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 1:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
ayoku777:

Rightly said bro, I also hope n pray for a change soon.

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by ayoku777(m): 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2013
mcfynest:

hmmmmmm.....what of topics like "do you sit at the back sit or front sitvin church", how those that affect me etc....those are thrash threads that make fp........

I saw this topic on the religious section, but had no idea it made FP.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T: I am calling on all true concerned Christians on NL to look at what is happening on this forum. What exactly is the criteria for making frontpage from this forum?

In as much as I agree with you about the low quality of threads making front page, i do find it funny that , as usual, you think your shade christianity is better than all the hundreds of other more ridiculous ones that seem to make front page.

This is the recurring theme in religion.
My religion is better, my sect is better, my denomination is better.
Please, what else is new?

The question you should be asking yourself is :
Why is christianity, as a religion, so attractive to all manners of misfits, dimwits and all shades of lunacy?.

I have all the answers to that question.
Stay tuned.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Joshthefirst(m): 5:16pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

In as much as I agree with you about the low quality of threads making front page, i do find it funny that , as usual, you think your shade christianity is better than all the hundreds of other more ridiculous ones that seem to make front page.

This is the recurring theme in religion.
My religion is better, my sect is better, my denomination is better.
Please, what else is new?

The question you should be asking yourself is :
Why is christianity, as a religion, so attractive to all manners of misfits, dimwits and all shades of lunacy?.

Stay tuned.
mark 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? 17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Yooguyz: 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaeton:

Stay tuned.

you are not the first to attack the christian faith, neither are you the last, many have said horrible things our faith. Some even tried to subdue it, but you see! It could not be subdued! It grew more stronger and powerful over the centuries! Why because truth cannot be subdued, neither can it be overcome by evil men, misinformation, deception, lies and darkness

that alone should prove to you that there's some truth to our faith.

2 Likes

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: mark 2:16 And when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? 17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

lol great response grin grin plaeton is somewhere getting CPR after that uppercut response
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Joshthefirst(m): 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2013
obadiah777: lol great response grin grin plaeton is somewhere getting CPR after that uppercut response
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 5:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
obadiah777: lol great response grin grin plaeton is somewhere getting CPR after that uppercut response

I am not merely refering to the flock of christian sheeple, I am referring to the wolves of christianity.

And secondly, it is instructive that jesus welcomed all manners of misfits people. That is correct and noted.

My point and the relevant question , which I am sure you understand, is:
Are the misfits and lunatics, the propagators of the christian message, or simply the beneficiaries of that message?.

Because, as it is very obvious to everyone, christianity today, is made of 10,000 dysfunctional units, run by , assume ,10,000 misfits and lunatics.

So, at what point in it's history, did misfits and lunatics take over the simple message of christianty and turn it into the the monstrous cobweb irrationality and lunacy?
This is a valid question that requires unbiased thought.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Joshthefirst(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

I am not merely refering to the flock of christian sheeple, I am referring to the wolves of christianity.

And secondly, it is instructive that jesus welcomed all manners of misfits people. That is correct and noted.

Are the misfits and lunatics, the propagators of the christian message, or simply the beneficiaries of that message?.

Because, as it is very obvious to everyone, christianity today, is made of 10,000 dysfunctional units, run by , assume ,10,000 misfits and lunatics.

So, at what point in it's history, did misfits and lunatics take over the simple message of christianty and turn it into the the monstrous cobweb irrationality and lunacy?
let's start with the basics then:
What do you believe to be the simple message of Christianity?
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

you are very correct. however, i cant help you because i do not practice christianity. my only religion is nairaland grin grin
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yooguyz:

you are not the first to attack the christian faith, neither are you the last, many have said horrible things our faith. Some even tried to subdue it, but you see! It could not be subdued! It grew more stronger and powerful over the centuries! Why because truth cannot be subdued, neither can it be overcome by evil men, misinformation, deception, lies and darkness

that alone should prove to you that there's some truth to our faith.

Correction.
Christianity has grown far less stronger and far less powerful over the last few centuries.
This century will definitely be it's last. That is a fact.

The question for you is;
Why is christianity so susceptible to the misinformation, deception, lies, darkness and manipulation by evil men?
Truth is usually very hard, if not impossible, to manipulate.
Truth cannot have a 10,000 denominations.

A lie, on the other hand, a contrived or fabricated system is always open to manipulation, interpretation, deception, lies, and of course, editions and Revisions.
Only a fabricated system of lies can have 10,000 denominations all telling 10,000 versions of a fabricated truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service / What Do Angels Really Look Like? / Psalms 23 Explained "Powerful Must Read"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.