Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,656 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? (1440 Views)

A Thread For Catholics / Recommend Threads For Frontpage / Why Arent Any Pagan / Atheist Threads Making Frontpage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
obadiah777: you are very correct. however, i cant help you because i do not practice christianity. my only religion is nairaland grin grin

I hear you lord Obadiah777 ,
Most high Temple priest of Nairaland.
grin wink

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
obadiah777: lol great response grin grin plaeton is somewhere getting CPR after that uppercut response

Longest time bro, where have u been hiding?

I believe all is well with u, stay bless
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 5:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

He took a vacation to sugar-candy mountain to soak up.
I hear they have rivers of rum in that place.

grin cheesy
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

In as much as I agree with you about the low quality of threads making front page, i do find it funny that , as usual, you think your shade christianity is better than all the hundreds of other more ridiculous ones that seem to make front page.

This is the recurring theme in religion.
My religion is better, my sect is better, my denomination is better.
Please, what else is new?

The question you should be asking yourself is :
Why is christianity, as a religion, so attractive to all manners of misfits, dimwits and all shades of lunacy?.

I have all the answers to that question.
Stay tuned.

U guys always act intelligent bt never seem to amaze me when u cant understand simple statements. Was this thread about threads just in the religion section, or Christian thread that make frontpage are not up to the mark?

Please read n understand before u comment!
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by UyiIredia(m): 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2013
Controversial, Questioning or Bland informative posts which tend to centre around Christian, Muslim or atheist themes. Hardly are any religions discussed especially oriental ones, eve our indigenous owns.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yooguyz:

you are not the first to attack the christian faith, neither are you the last, many have said horrible things our faith. Some even tried to subdue it, but you see! It could not be subdued! It grew more stronger and powerful over the centuries! Why because truth cannot be subdued, neither can it be overcome by evil men, misinformation, deception, lies and darkness

that alone should prove to you that there's some truth to our faith.

How are u doing bro?
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

I hear you lord Obadiah777 ,
Most high Temple priest of Nairaland.
grin wink
grin grin grin i worship religiously daily. very sacred temple it is Sire. nairaland that is. cheesy
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Joshthefirst(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

Correction.
Christianity has grown far less stronger and far less powerful over the last few centuries.
This century will definitely be it's last. That is a fact.

The question for you is;
Why is christianity so susceptible to the misinformation, deception, lies, darkness and manipulation by evil men?
Truth is usually very hard, if not impossible, to manipulate.
Truth cannot have a 10,000 denominations.

A lie, on the other hand, a contrived or fabricated system is always open to manipulation, interpretation, deception, lies, and of course, editions and Revisions.
Only a fabricated system of lies can have 10,000 denominations all telling 10,000 versions of a fabricated truth.
we shall see if this century shall be its last. It does not even touch you that all that is happening now is prophesied in scripture.
The real deal is there, very much alive, about to burst forth in renewed vigour. Well, you might be right in saying this century might be its last. Indeed, this century might be the end. The very end.
The real deal is unstoppable. Physical attacks do not faze it, talk less of mental attacks. Remember my words when you see the explosion very soon. An explosion of life and power and God.

And why have you been ignoring my posts? Is that your new tactic?
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

U guys always act intelligent bt never seem to amaze me when u cant understand simple statements. Was this thread about threads just in the religion section, or Christian thread that make frontpage are not up to the mark?

Please read n understand before u comment!

I understood you very well, and even agreed with you.
However, as a non-religious person, it just could not escape me that you were upset because your version of christianity was not being adequately represented on Front Pages.
That is what I found funny, and felt compelled to comment on.

You know how thread evolve from it's original theme into something else.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

hey my big chief, the very renowned Pastor Olu T. i troway salute with all 10 fingers sir lol. trust all is well. i have been around chief. just reading more as opposed to posting. wink grin

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: we shall see if this century shall be its last. It does not even touch you that all that is happening now is prophesied in scripture.
The real deal is there, very much alive, about to burst forth in renewed vigour. Well, you might be right in saying this century might be its last. Indeed, this century might be the end. The very end.
The real deal is unstoppable. Physical attacks do not faze it, talk less of mental attacks. Remember my words when you see the explosion very soon. An explosion of life and power and God.

And why have you been ignoring my posts? Is that your new tactic?

I am quite sure you are inspired by the fact that your religion sees it only growth in the dark corners of the world. In failed states, in dysfuncional systems where, as usual, the wolves move in to scavenge on the half-dead remannts of humanity.
Bravo for you and your religion.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

Correction.
Christianity has grown far less stronger and far less powerful over the last few centuries.
This century will definitely be it's last. That is a fact.

The question for you is;
Why is christianity so susceptible to the misinformation, deception, lies, darkness and manipulation by evil men?
Truth cannot have a 10,000 denominations.

A lie, on the other hand, a contrived or fabricated system is always open to manipulation, interpretation, deception, lies, and of course, editions and Revisions.
Only a fabricated system of lies can have 10,000 denominations all telling 10,000 versions of a fabricated truth.
astute bro
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
but ermmm what is the criteria for frontpage ?>>> CONTROVERSY, SENSATIONALISM, NAIL BITING, EDUCATING, EMOTION INDUCING wink wink

2 Likes

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

I understood you very well, and even agreed with you.
However, as a non-religious person, it just could not escape me that you were upset because your version of christianity was not being adequately represented on Front Pages.
That is what I found funny, and felt compelled to comment on.

You know how thread evolve from it's original theme into something else.

Yeah, really bt its not about me or my posts, bt posts that really portray our believes as Christians n not all those that make it look as if we are all dunce as Christian n have nothing good to offer.

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

I am quite sure you are inspired by the fact that your religion sees it only growth in the dark corners of the world. In failed states, in dysfuncional systems where, as usual, the wolves move in to scavenge on the half-dead remannts of humanity.
Bravo for you and your religion.
no. Christianity grows everywhere. And its going to grow even more in coming days. As I said before, the sick need a physician. It is where people are alive to their hurt and inadequacy that they embrace the adequacy of Christ Jesus. But when people are blind to the effects of sin......
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
obadiah777: hey my big chief, the very renowned Pastor Olu T. i troway salute with all 10 fingers sir lol. trust all is well. i have been around chief. just reading more as opposed to posting. wink grin

U remain the boss, sire

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Yeah, really bt its not about me or my posts, bt posts that really portray our believes as Christians n not all those that make it look as if we are all dunce as Christian n have nothing good to offer.

He he he.
You said it sir, not me.
lol.
grin
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yooguyz:

you are not the first to attack the christian faith, neither are you the last, many have said horrible things our faith. Some even tried to subdue it, but you see! It could not be subdued! It grew more stronger and powerful over the centuries! Why because truth cannot be subdued, neither can it be overcome by evil men, misinformation, deception, lies and darkness

that alone should prove to you that there's some truth to our faith.

read about argumentum ad numerum and argumentum ad populum
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
Joshthefirst: no. Christianity grows everywhere. And its going to grow even more in coming days. As I said before, the sick need a physician. It is where people are alive to their hurt and inadequacy that they embrace the adequacy of Christ Jesus. But when people are blind to the effects of sin......

It is only drowning people that clutch at straws for safety.

If Christianity is dying in Europe and the developed world, what makes you think it has any other life left in it?
For whatever Reason that christianity is dying Europe, in time, such Reason will also prevail in Africa.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Polio: 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T: This forum is meant to be religious forum where we have Christians, Muslim (ok Muslims have a sub forum), Atheist etc. And it is a known that all these have their believes and disbelieves as in the case of some.
Its obvious that some persons on this forum has gotten preferences and their thread easily make the frontpage. So my question is this, what is the criteria for a thread to make the frontpage?

There are preferences, bias, prejudices and whatnot definitely ...

It is a total charade and jokes outhere from what i have noticed!
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

It is only drowning people that clutch at straws for safety.

If Christianity is dying in Europe and the developed world, what makes you think it has any other life left in it?
For whatever Reason that christianity is dying Europe, in time, such Reason will also prevail in Africa.
time will bear witness. Christianity cannot die. Empty religions devoid of the power and knowledge of God die.
You will bear witness when you see the revival in the world with you two eyes.

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Yooguyz: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
plaetton:

Correction.
then why are its followers increasing everyday? If the above was the truth?

This century will definitely be it's last.

that was what one of the greatest sociologist Emily Durkeim said during the 18th century, where is he today? Did christainity diminish with the 18th century.

The question for you is;
have you ever seen a good, valueable product that's without counterfeit?
Same applies to our faith.
can you provide evidence of the above? ^^

Adam's Smith's " wealth of nations" was criticized, modified and manipulated by several economists of his time, both critics and apologetics, because he said that selfishness is the force that guides the market mechanisms. But you know what? All the modifiers faded off the scene. Infact his earned him the title " father of economics "

why because truth cannot supercede lies.

not true! On the contrary fabrications is an evidence to it's truth

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2013
Polio:

There are preferences, bias, prejudices and whatnot definitely ...

It is a total charade and jokes outhere from what i have noticed!

Hmmm, anyways by God's grace the word of God will continue to grow n prevail on this forum n the gate of hades will have no power over it.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Yooguyz: 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

How are u doing bro?
am fine! How has your day been?
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by plaetton: 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yooguyz:
then why are its followers increasing everyday? If the above was the truth?

that was what one of the greatest sociologist Emily Durkeim said during the 18th century, where is he today? Did christainity diminish with the 18th century.

have you ever seen a good, valueable product that's without counterfeit?
Same applies to our faith.

can you provide evidence of the above? ^^

Adam's Smith's " wealth of nations" was criticized, modified and manipulated by several economists of his time, both critics and apologetics, because he said that selfishness is the force that guides the market mechanisms. But you know what? All the modifiers faded off the scene. Infact his earned him the title " father of economics "

why because truth cannot supercede lies.

not true! On the contrary fabrications is an evidence to it's truth

It is increasing in your neighborhood because you live in what is called a failed state.
In your neighborhood, ignorance coupled with a sense of hopelessness in a dysfunctional system makes people like you revert back into your primitive superstitions.
Christianity is just one superstition better than others, in your view.

Please be honest with me.
2 or more different churches in one building.
Is that evidence of great faith in god , or the lack thereof?

Prayer in the morning, breakfast, lunch, church, house fellowship,dinner, and sleep time.
Is that evidence of faith in god , or the lack thereof?

Church service everyday of the week, morning , afternoon, night vigils.

Paying god ( more like attempting to bribe) for services rendered or anticipated services to be rendered,.

Please answer as honestly as you could.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

U remain the boss, sire
after you na me chief grin

2 Likes

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 7:20am On Oct 31, 2013
Yooguyz:
am fine! How has your day been?

My day was great yesterday, n today it is kicking off with great prospects.

Good to u n all the brethren in tha room.
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by Yooguyz: 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
Joshthefirst: time will bear witness. Christianity cannot die. Empty religions devoid of the power and knowledge of God die.
You will bear witness when you see the revival in the world with you two eyes.

i love you bro, for what you just wrote!

1 Like

Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by bjhere2009(m): 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Is there prize if any makes the front page?Abi nairaland they pay money make hussle well well so my story makes front page grin
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by bjhere2009(m): 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
Is there prize if any makes the front page?Abi nairaland they pay money make hussle well well so my story makes front page
Re: What Seems To Be The Criteria For A Thread Making Frontpage? by PastorOluT(m): 9:06am On Nov 03, 2013
bjhere2009: Is there prize if any makes the front page?Abi nairaland they pay money make hussle well well so my story makes front page

Smile, for obvious reasons I know u did not read the thread before posting, anyways I will oblige u n say some things!

REASONS WHY WORTHY CHRISTIAN THREADS SHOULD MAKE FRONTPAGE

1. We claim to believe n follow Christ n His teachings, so the frontpage materials from here should portray these.

2. This forum is for US ALL to learn, b blessed, n reach out to others, so what lessons would greater audience learn from threads that have very little to do with Christ n His teaching, but just for the sake of arguments?

3. Some dont visit this section, but when its on the frontpage they could read, learn, be blessed n some that needed to make decisions would do so.

4. NL is a forum u get greater audience (1,000,000 members n counting), so why not reach as many for Christ.

I can go on n on, except u have different agenda visiting this section (Christian), u would not see this?

Stay blessed n remain rapturable

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can We Say Working In A Brewery Is A Sin? / Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious / What Do Angels Really Look Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.