Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

“oga Settle Us First!” Are We The Architects Of Our Own Misfortune? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “oga Settle Us First!” Are We The Architects Of Our Own Misfortune? (641 Views)

Power Supply: Nigerians Are Architects Of Their Own Problems – Presidency / Meet the Five Architects Of Jonathan’s Defeat. / We Africans Are The Architects Of Our Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“oga Settle Us First!” Are We The Architects Of Our Own Misfortune? by stariobran(f): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2013
set•tle /ˈsetl/
Verb (Normal dictionary): Resolve or reach an agreement about (an argument or problem)
Verb (Nigerian dictionary): Resolve or reach an agreement about a certain amount of money that must be paid before you can proceed.

Well, the Nigerian definition of ‘settle’ is not far from what the normal dictionary defines it as. The ‘settle us first’ mindset cuts across different aspects and sectors of our lives and economy that I start to think, Do we gain more than we lose? I am not even referring to the usual antics done by some uniformed people who position themselves at different points on the way and insist you drop something after dawdling your hours away. Rather I am referring to ‘we’, the people that constitute this country/state/nation we live in.

Read more on bella
http://www.bellanaija.com/2013/08/22/oga-settle-us-first-are-we-the-architects-of-our-own-misfortune/

(1) (Reply)

A Successor For Peter Obi Anambra State True Story... / NHIS To Cover All Nigerians – Tambuwal / Mushroom VS Iroko FIGHT; FFK is forced to Swallow His Words !!! A must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.