Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,573 members, 7,770,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:12 AM

Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! (62480 Views)

I Bet You Don’t Know The English Names For These 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits / Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For / List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by AlRaheem(m): 5:55am On Jun 20, 2007
sadly no, my mother left Kano and her family for my Ibadan Dad.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by omoge(f): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2007
sorry, the veggie for masa is Yakua and not kerikeshi like i mistakely wrote. yeah sugar, pepper, yaji and Yakua soup are use for eating masa. i prefer the soup and yaji than the rest as i don't really like sugary stuffs.

do you know Pete? made from smooth corn and Yakua leaf is added. mai jada and tomatoe too. really taste good.

i love dankali (raw) too grin

how abt those poddy peanut (jada) too tasty.

Achaa is great o cheesy

Al R. do you know Alewa maca? that sweet thing like cotton candy. there is one made from sugar cane (Reke). it's brownish white.
Yes i love northern meal too. I replaced my pyam with Semo so far grin

Al, where did you get the cheap ticket?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by soulpatrol(f): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2007
omoge, you really know your stuff o. cheesy see as you just dey demo dey make me miss north. kai! haba dan Allah, yarinya, baa kyau fa. grin
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by omoge(f): 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2007
hehe, yarinya know their stuffs now.

take am easy o grin my sistah.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by AlRaheem(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2007
Omoge, if u visit www.video.onlinenigeria.com  u will see the ad for the Cheap ticket in lless than 7min.  On the left hand screen.    I met a nice lady name Ikamefa, through a great man name Gnature, who may be able to help u with making One of Naija's Bread called Agege.  She taught me the Ewa Agoyin Prep already!!  great people I thank them!!
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by omoge(f): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2007
Gnature and Ika, where una dey o? come share that recipe of Ewa agoyin and agege bread with me puleez
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by AlRaheem(m): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2007
Omoge, lady Click here --->   [url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-48547.1952.html#msg1219707 ]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-48547.1952.html#msg1219707  [/url] the instruction would be the 1st thing u see.  But u would still need to ask her the instruction on the Bread!!![/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by omoge(f): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2007
anyone know Shokoyokoto veggie and Gbure veg?

@ Raheem, quite interesting because i cooked red beans 3 days ago. i added oil, onion and pepper to it. tasted familiar and i was chatting with a friend (who is also looking for recipe for ewa agoyin) that it taste familiar and should try it. i just loved it. 3days ago was my first time to eat red bean for years. the white beans is more common in stores. but i went to an african store, came across the bean. couldn't help myself so i bought it as something different (i always look for something ''different''  grin)

now am surprise that red bean is used for ewa agoyin. but Al Raheem, no ingredients was added to the recipe posted.
maybe i missed something in my cooking because it tasted familiar but not 100percent like it sha.
e se o.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by AlRaheem(m): 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2007
Omoge, I wondered about the no spice(s) being  added as well.  I even asked her if i was to add sugar in the Beans, because i know they are sometimes sweet.  She never responded, she could be leaving the rest of that to us, according to each individual taste.  Omoge, yes 4sure onions and pepper are included along w/ Palm oil!!  Good Job, on your cooking turnin out descent.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by xstdreason(f): 10:46am On Jun 23, 2007
Haya, sorry u guys r missing o.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by omoge(f): 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2007
anyone ever tasted Garden egg soup and Garden egg stew for eating yam etc?

so yummy cheesy

there is this hausa nut called AYA. it can be either black or brownish in color. the hausas usually fry the brown ones. it's so delicious.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by OmoEko1(f): 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2007
omoge:

anyone ever tasted Garden egg soup and Garden egg stew for eating yam etc?

so yummy cheesy

there is this hausa nut called AYA. it can be either black or brownish in color. the hausas usually fry the brown ones. it's so delicious.
Yes oh my mum used to cook it but i don't really like it sha
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by omoge(f): 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2007
haha, same here. i didn't get to like Garden egg Soup for a long time. when i started getting crazy for vegetables, that was when i finally get to like it with eba. but haven't eaten it for a while now.

as for the Garden egg stew eaten with yam (especially with Tiv yam), oh lalalalala i loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it sooooooooooo much  cheesy. My mom gets puzzled why i refused to eat the soup but loved the Garden egg stew grin
if you make it the way i do, you will love it soooooooo much too  grin
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by tEsLim(m): 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2007
No! No! No! So all you remember are the sweet fruits/things?

What about Orogbo and Obi (kola out). Or when mummy sends u to buy Alabukun and Dagga. Or Panadol.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by spoilt(f): 6:01am On Jun 27, 2007
i'll give anything for aya. it was an addiction. my friends thought i was an aboki proper. i loved it.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by soulpatrol(f): 6:21am On Jun 27, 2007
loving this thread cheesy
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by adef1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 10, 2008
My people is it true apples are farmed in large quantities in PLATEAU STATE? If not, where have you seen apple grow in 9ja?
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by chi21: 2:12am On Jun 26, 2008
the only one l miss is udara and icheku
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by AmakaOne(f): 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2008
I miss am sha  tongue

Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by princessk1: 6:24pm On Jul 17, 2008
dinya? geez u r good. its goruba
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by syd4cal: 11:12pm On Jun 07, 2009
who could help me get a recipe for that very particularly specially unique tasting MAMA-PUT stew we usually eat at the mama-put restaurants back home. I really miss that and would like to know how to make it exactly the way they taste.
thank you.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by finemocha(f): 2:35am On Jun 11, 2009
odara, odara, odara, odara. we even had this song we used ot sing in maryland convent private school

make agbalumo sweet, make agbalumo sweet amen

i hope i spelt that right.

oh also opioro mango. and errrm ok that's it
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2009
AGBALUMO
Roasted corn 
my pink apples
naija banana and not the feterlizer grown ones
In short all their fruits are whack so I miss all 9ja fruits and vegies cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by KukuraontheMove(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2010
@Lola Baloo

still in niger enjoying those fruits. we are now in the season of agbalumo, cashew and friuit[i mean d one with nut in it]. sorry u'r missing alot those of u over there.

Can we find the bitanical name or english name of the "fruit"? I need to as I am thiniking of some sort of study of it, Grew up with you know, like we all!
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 18, 2010
i believe it's called the almond fruit. not sure tho!

y'all made me remember pitanga! wow! i haven't even seen one in years!

as for the rest, sorry o. we dey chop am wella, enough for us and y'all over there. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by 4klolodam: 11:50pm On Feb 22, 2010
I miss d fruit itself cry
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by ijawgirl: 4:21am On Feb 23, 2010
Mind my spelling

def udara-some pple call it agbalumo
shawa chop
pear-the one they normally use to roast with corn
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by Tunmi(f): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
The fruit called "fruit" is purple, dark purple with different shades of purple and the "meat" is stringy. right? I think it is the sea almond fruit, based on google images. anyone else know what it might be?
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by jovi: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
please @ omoge, i have heard good things about Acha for weight loss and all>> how do i prepare it? e.g as poridge and others,
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by trekkie: 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by trekkie: 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
(https:///-
EdOmrFyCKt8FxA4c6v4jyg)
Re: Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! by austino01(m): 9:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
Are you among the Nigerian youth that is ready to make good money this 2017, if that is you,please join 100's of youth getting full knowledge on pig farming and getting help to become their own boss before the end of the year Lots of money to be made in this business let me show you how and you will not be disappointed. send me a request on whats app +14042549461 and i will add you to the group don't be left out.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Yam I Bought For 1500 Naira. Did I Do Good Or Did They Shave My Head / See The Plate Of Rice I Bought For #400 / Checkout This 40ft Trailer Load Of Cow Meat At An Event Recently (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.