Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! (11309 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! / E-Grace Convention 20-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
[size=16pt]Grace 2013[/size] opens on https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-

GRACE CONVENTION 2013

THEME: GREAT GRACE, GREAT POWER!!!

Come and Partake of the first e-convention on Nairaland.com

Flyer designed by cuddlemie

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 12:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
INTRODUCTION

The grace convention 2013 is the brain child of Goshen 360 who intends for it to be his contribution to religious discuss on the religion forum of nairaland.com following his being awarded the Poster of the Year for 2012. The sole purpose of this convention is for nairalanders to appreciate the grace of God more: with the hope that those who do not share the Christian faith may come to faith through grace in Jesus Christ. It is also hoped that those who are already saved but are not enjoying the grace of God sufficiently might come to do so as they partake of this convention.

The grace convention 2013 is meant to be an e-convention. That means that people will partake of this convention not in the traditional manner of assembling in a building but by reading a nairaland thread and posting on it. We shall be having presenters come to the thread, who are nairalanders themselves, come to present papers of various topics bothering on the whole concept of grace. Seven teachers shall be presenting these papers as will be mentioned below.

We believe God that this Convention will be a blessing to both nairalanders and visitors on this forum and it will leave everyone with a richer grasp of the concept of the gospel of grace and make everyone of us serve God better with grace in our hearts.

The planners and organizers of this convention are Goshen 360, who came up with the vision,Tgirl4real and DrummaBoy. They will not be presenting papers per se but will be the hosts of the convention. They will act as reviewers of the papers presented and ensure that the questions and contributions made by nairalanders are properly directed to the right person. They will also acts as chief wip under the moderator.

7 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
The Teachers, Time and Topics of Paper Presentations

1. Enigma will be presenting a paper on The Grace of God Revealed to Sinners. Here the teacher shall be presenting an evangelistic paper focused on showing how God has extended his grace to sinful humanity and would want all men to be saved. With a peculiar message to Muslims, atheist, Satanist, traditional worshippers, agnostics and every kind of religious persuasion represented on nairaland religion section.

Time: Thursday 29th, 12.00noon

https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/3#17755600

2. Shdemidemi will be presenting a paper on The Gospel of Grace from Genesis to Revelation. This paper shall be presenting a veritable introduction to the convention. The subject of dispensation shall be discussed, as the teacher endeavors to show us that grace is not a new concept but the very basis of God’s relationship with man from the very beginning of time.

Time: Thursday 29th, 12.00pm.

3. Pastor Kun will be presenting a paper on Christ and Him Crucified. The teacher shall be teaching the meat of Paul’s message to the Galatians. He shall show us the full implication of Jesus’ death on the cross.

Time: Friday 30th, 12.00pm

4. Ayoku777 will be presenting a paper on Grace in the Manifestation of the Power of the Spirit. Here the teacher shall be showing that God is ready to empower the Christian believer with his grace and power to be a witness for him. We shall see the place of genuine signs and wonder, and the way the Christian can live a life in the fullness of the power of the Holy Spirit.

Time: Friday 30th, 6.00pm

5. Christembassey will be presenting a paper on The Implication of Grace in the Believer’s Life. The teacher, here, shall be showing us what God’s grace has come to do in our lives as Christians and how we can maximize it. This teacher shall be distinguishing between law and grace and why we must not mix it up.

Time: Saturday 31st, 9.00am

6. Frosbel will be presenting a paper on Grace in Suffering. The teachings and lives of Jesus and his apostle showed an abundance of grace and suffering. We shall be learning from this paper that God’s grace is made abundant in the suffering that marks genuine Christian witness.

Time: Saturday 31st, 12.00noon

7. Candour will be presenting a paper on Grace is not License. Here the teacher shall endeavor to show that abundance of grace in the believer’s life is not liberty to sin. We shall see the place of duty in the Christian life and how this is different from the laws of Moses.

Time: Saturday 31st, 6.00pm

When the program starts, links to the following papers shall be provided

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2013
When the convention opens proper, a new thread shall be opened for it were the teachers shall be presenting their papers. Everyone is welcome to view and comment on that thread but the following rules are to be adhered to (in addition to the rules of the Forum):

1. Comments are welcome to the thread but we would encourage that they should be in keeping with the theme of the convention.
2. Comments, making reference to past discusses on other threads, are not encouraged
3. Questions are welcomed and should be directed at a presenter personally.
4. No use of abusive words or derogatory terms on the thread.
5. No personal attacks are allowed to the person of the teachers or organizers.
6. The planners are empowered to recommend comments that can be hidden to the moderator so as not to derail the thread.
7. The religion forum moderator shall be engaged to ensure rules of both thread and forum are adhered to.

2 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
Reserved
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by PastorOluT(m): 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Great, this is the kind of things to be done on this forum n not we criticising n fighting one another as if Christ is divided.
MORE GRACE TO THE ORGANIZERS IN JESUS NAME
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Great, this is the kind of things to be done on this forum n not we criticising n fighting one another as if Christ is divided.
MORE GRACE TO THE ORGANIZERS IN JESUS NAME

Thanks you Pastor Olu. We shall be looking forward to your wealth of wisdom in the convention itself.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2013
[size=16pt]Be Still...[/size]

Be still my soul, be still my soul
Cease from the labor and the toil
Refreshing springs of peace awaits
To troubled minds and hearts that ache

Be still my soul, God knows your ways
And He will guide for His Name sake
Plunge in the rivers of His grace
Rest in the arms of His embrace

Be still my soul, be still my soul
Though troubles round you rage and row
One thing you need and nothing more
To hear the whisper of His voice

[size=16pt]Be still my child, I know your ways
And I will guide for my Name sake
Plunge in the rivers of my grace
Rest in the arms of my embrace
[/size]
Be still my soul, God knows your ways
And He will guide for his Name sake
Plunge in the rivers of His grace
Rest in the arms of His embrace

- Don Moen

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2013
It is best a Christianity Section be created seperately like that of Islam. If this should start, which I would also like to start soon, the so called anti-Jesus on this forum will also come in and make their confusions known...

@Seun
Under Religion section, kindly lets have Christianity and Islam and let every other ones like Hindu and the rest take the general section.

Christianity should be recognised.

5 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by mcfynest(m): 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
why am i not among the preachers grin
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Enigma(m): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
Good initiative.

I am also quite happy with my allotted topic. smiley
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
NO JoAgbaje and Obadiah?

borrringg!!!!
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
@ Bidam

Comments like this one shall not be permitted on the convention thread because U would have broken the rule that says no attack on the persons of the teachers and organizers.

3 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by PastorKun(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
Bidam: Quite unfortunate you left out seasoned teachers of the word like Olaadegbu, Joagbaje,Image123,Ihedinobi,Alwaystrue,Snowwy etc.. Just because they don't share your views on doctrinal tithes doesn't mean they don't have one or two things to say on the issue of grace.

This OP is a glaring evidence that you have divided yourselves into camps which is really pathetic.I can see atheist and others peeping at this thread and smiling with mock satisfaction.What in God's name gave you the impression that the catholic folks can't be included as presenters too?Who are you to judge other peoples foundational beliefs so far it is centered on Christ?.

This thread is a big shame!!!

We are NOT one body at all....

Stop having sour grapes just because you and your cohorts who believe in diluting the gospel were not invited to be speakers. The tithe doctrine by it's very nature denies the grace gospel and anybody that believes a christian must tithe certainly doesn't understand the concept of grace which christ's gospel brings. So why should such a person be invited to speak on a topic he/she does not fully grasp

4 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
DrummaBoy: @ Bidam

Should U bring your bitterness and bile to an initiative like this also. If you feel you and your friends are not invited here, U may organize your own convention too. abi?

It is a free world.

Note that comments like this one shall not be permitted on the convention thread.

Its not about organising his own convention. It is one Nairaland and here, we preach One God, One Love and One Heaven. So, I would advice we know how many lectures and have a poll for all lectures and the person with the most credible wins the opportunity to present knowing that the ones whoes names will be used in the poll will be stating their interest beforehand...

3 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
Okay , let's be ALL inclusive on the condition that we will do a peer review of each other's teachings before submission.

So let's include some more brothers / sisters and take a vote on who is best suited to address a specific topic ?

One thing is certain, Bro Jo and Bidam are banned from preaching on the Tithe - tongue grin

Thanks.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel: Okay , let's be ALL inclusive on the condition that we will do a peer review of each other's teachings before submission.

So let's include some more brothers / sisters and take a vote on who is best suited to address a specific topic ?

One thing is certain, Bro Jo and Bidam are banned from preaching on the Tithe - tongue grin

Thanks.

People do not always agree on one thing or the other. There's no point doing a peer review of what someone wants to teach or not - that in itself will be legalism. We say, the Spirit of God will use our guest teachers to deliver the mind of God even though some (at least not all) will still not agree to what all or one of the teachers will teach.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
ledafaze:

Its not about organising his own convention. It is one Nairaland and here, we preach One God, One Love and One Heaven. So, I would advice we know how many lectures and have a poll for all lectures and the person with the most credible wins the opportunity to present knowing that the ones whoes names will be used in the poll will be stating their interest beforehand...

You have a good suggestion but we can implement that for next time. Our teachers are already preparing and praying towards a good delivery\message.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Bidam: Quite unfortunate you left out seasoned teachers of the word like Olaadegbu, Joagbaje,Image123,Ihedinobi,Alwaystrue,Snowwy etc.. Just because they don't share your views on doctrinal tithes doesn't mean they don't have one or two things to say on the issue of grace.

This OP is a glaring evidence that you have divided yourselves into camps which is really pathetic.I can see atheist and others peeping at this thread and smiling with mock satisfaction.What in God's name gave you the impression that the catholic folks can't be included as presenters too?Who are you to judge other peoples foundational beliefs so far it is centered on Christ?.

This thread is a big shame!!!

We are NOT one body at all....

We love our brothers and sister you have mentioned. It's not about division - we cannot do that. We can include them in any forth coming edition. The fact we don't agree doesn't mean we are not one in Christ. We have carefully and prayerfully selected these speakers because it's the first edition of the Grace Convention. Let there be no strife brothers. We will all enjoy their teachings.

2 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
Kun has said it all: why should anyone who is an avowed law keeper be invited to a meeting were grace and freedom from laws are being discussed?

Who is Bidam to be talking about dividing the body of Christ now; when one J'85 came telling us that we are not only to tithe but keep the whole of Moses' laws and Bidam was all over endorsing such demonic messages, Was he not dividing Jesus Body then? The law is the number one means of division, and Christ came to annulled to make us one; that is what this convention is going to espouse.

Let it be known that this convention for me is the end of all controversies. Following it, I would say little or nothing on grace and laws. Who ever wants to keep Moses 613 laws afterwards can be my guest then.

If I was Bidam, I will present my own paper too on the convention, Without breaking the thread's laws. Or I will organize my own convention. Not come here and be spewing venom.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
My big mistake stumbling and commenting here. I thought we all have the Spirit of Christ.But it's like some still have a grudge against believers.

@Gosh,thanks for your reply.God bless you and do have a wonderful convention.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2013
My beloved brother Bidam, thank you for troubling yourself in our behalf. smiley

Goshen360:

We love our brothers and sister you have mentioned. It's not about division - we cannot do that. We can include them in any forth coming edition. The fact we don't agree doesn't mean we are not one in Christ. We have carefully and prayerfully selected these speakers because it's the first edition of the Grace Convention. Let there be no strife brothers. We will all enjoy their teachings.

Gracious of you, but don't trouble yourself overmuch. smiley
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
I have been cautioned: Indeed everyone has a reason to query anything anywhere on this forum. The appropriate thing is to respond to such query. I guess I have not responded too well to Bidam's query. Maybe it would have been sufficient to say that Christian communion is not necessarily democratic and that the steps we took were according to God's leading and based on our best judgements.

This should have been the best response to Bidam. If, however, U are still offended, I tender my apology to U (again). You are very welcome both to this thread and the one that will hold the convention.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
DrummaBoy: I have been cautioned: Indeed everyone has a reason to query anything anywhere on this forum. The appropriate thing is to respond to such query. I guess I have not responded too well to Bidam's query. Maybe it would have been sufficient to say that Christian communion is not necessarily democratic [s]and that the steps we took were according to God's leading and[/s] based on our best judgements.

This should have been the best response to Bidam. If, however, U are still offended, I tender my apology to U (again). You are very welcome both to this thread and the one that will hold the convention.

Yata!

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Enigma(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
I am saddened and sorry to read just now that this initiative is bringing division. I personally did not think of being divisive when I agreed to take part. In fact this position of mine is more so as I knew that two of the other presenters are not even Trinitarians.

I hope the matter of divisiveness is resolved quickly and that the initiative is not blighted (further?) by this matter.

4 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
^ Thank you my brother. God bless you. I think Bidam took the matter out of its original intent and made big issues out of it. It is practically not possible we have everybody as guest teachers except we want to make it like 5 or 7 days event. Even if you have 5\7 days, not everyone will teach and some will still complain, we can't bring in everyone (teachers) at this time.

Like I said earlier, people will always disagree, convention or not but it doesn't divide us in Christ. This is the first, we have prayerfully and graciously selected our guests. It doesn't mean we dislike other. We can not all teach in this first event.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by mcfynest(m): 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
musKeeto: NO JoAgbaje and Obadiah?

borrringg!!!!

welcome back bro
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
Enigma: I am
saddened and sorry to read just now that this initiative is bringing
division. I personally did not think of being divisive when I agreed to
take part. In fact this position of mine is more so as I knew that two
of the other presenters are not even Trinitarians.

I hope the matter of divisiveness is resolved quickly and that the
initiative is not blighted (further?) by this matter.

In addition to what Goshen has said, I have apologized to Bidam and I believe whatever might be divisive is being resolved.

Thanks.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 8:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
In this season of grace, I wish to relate this story that I enjoy so much regarding the grace of God to sinful men:

[size=16pt]FREE GRACE[/size]

Donald Miller

My Pastor, who is one of my best friends experienced (some) emotional turmoil early in his faith. Rick became a Christian when he was nineteen. Before he became a Christian he played football at Chico State (University, USA), which at the time, was the number one party school in the nation. And Rick did his share of partying. After months of drunken binges, he began to wonder whether there was anything more fulfilling in life than alcohol and sex. He began to long for God. So the next Sunday morning he made a point of being sober and in fact walked to a local church to attend service. This was Rick’s first time to step foot inside a church, and that morning the Pastor happened to talk about sin, and how we are all sinners, and he talked about Jesus, and how Jesus died so that God could forgive us our sin. At the end of the service, Rick prayed and became a Christian.

After a few weeks the Pastors from Rick’s new church came to visit, each in their suit and tie, and Rick entertained them and made them coffee, all of them sitting around sipping their coffee and talking nicely while the smell of marijuana lofted above their heads. Rick’s friend was smoking pot in the next room. Rick laughs when he tells me he offered the Pastors a hit, not being too offended when they turned him down.

The Pastors talked to Rick about his conversion, explaining that he had been forgiven of his sins, and that it was important to try to live a righteous life. And Rick agreed with them, noting how much easier it would be to listen to the sermon on Sunday morning if he didn’t have a hangover. So Rick began to choose purity over sin, and for a while he did well, but soon he found that he wanted to party with his friends, or he wanted to have sex with his girlfriend, and from time to time he would fail at his moral efforts. Rick tells me that those were the most depressing moments of his life, because he felt that he was failing God who had saved him.

My Pastor was anguished by his inability to control his desires. He felt that he had been given this new life, this key to heaven, and yet couldn’t obey Jesus in return. So one evening he got on his knees and told God he was sorry. He told God how much he wished he could be good and obedient. He then sat on the edge of his bed and swallowed enough muscle relaxants and sleeping pills to kill three people. He lay down in a fetal position and waited to die.

Rick tells me, looking back, that he was too proud to receive free grace from God. He did not know how to live within a system where nobody owes anybody else anything. And the harder it was for Rick to pay God back, the more he wanted to hide. God was his loan shark, so to speak. Though he understood that God wanted nothing in return, his mind could not communicate this fact to his heart, so his life was something like a torture.

Rick tells me that as he lay there in his bed waiting to die, he heard God say to him, “Your life is not your own, but you have been bought with a price,” and at this point he felt a certain peace. Rick told me he understood, cognitively as well as emotionally, that his role in his relationship with God was to humbly receive God’s unconditional love.

My Pastor, of course, is still alive, a miracle he cannot explain. Before he could save himself, he drifted into sleep, but he woke the next morning with ample energy, as if he had never swallowed the pills at all.

After surviving the suicide attempt, Rick went to Bible College, married a girl he met in school, and now they have four children. A little over a year ago, he planted a church in downtown Portland, widely considered the most unchurched region in the United States. There were only about eight of us at our first meeting, and now the church has grown to more than five hundred people. On a given Sunday there are dozens of non-believers at our church, and each week Rick shares with them the patient love of God. He talks about Jesus as if he knows Him, as if he talked to Him on the phone earlier that morning. Rick loves God because he accepts God’s unconditional love first.

Rick says I will love God because He first loved me. I will obey God because I love God. But if I cannot accept God’s love, I cannot love Him in return, and I cannot obey Him. Self discipline will never make us feel righteous or clean; accepting God’s love will. The ability to accept God’s unconditional grace and ferocious love is all the fuel we need to obey Him in return. Accepting God’s kindness and free love is something the devil does not want us to do. If we hear, in our inner ear, a voice saying we are failures, we are losers; we will never amount to anything. This is the voice of Satan trying to convince the bride that the groom does not love her. This is not the voice of God. God woos us with kindness and He changes our character with the passion of His love.

(from Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller)

4 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ihedinobi: My beloved brother Bidam, thank you for troubling yourself in our behalf. smiley

Gracious of you, but don't trouble yourself overmuch. smiley
No prob sir..Only Jesus knows the heart of men,but we thank God for the grace of perception.

Thanks for the thread on tithes,it was INSIGHTFUL.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
Bidam: No prob sir..Only Jesus knows the heart of men,but we thank God for the grace of perception.

Thanks for the thread on tithes,it was INSIGHTFUL.

You & this tithe sha, ONLY God will help you o. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

There Will Be Slavery In Heaven So I Hope Yall Are Ready To Own White Slaves / What is the Title Of Sunday Service Message In Your Church? / How Many Here Have Read The Bible From Cover To Cover.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.