Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body (30401 Views)

Man Selling Expired Yogurt In Kaduna Dealt With (photos) / The Best Food To Eat At Night To Avoid Bad Dreams / What Are The Health Benefits Of Drinking/ Soaking Garri ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by AkinDavid2: 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
@OP, all you need is an experience. You really don't need any advice or lecture...Dare to eat it.

Mind you Highly needed cheesy grin
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by pri3stess(f): 5:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
Expired foods aren't really harmful to the body but some ingredients like artificial sweeteners, may end up being very harmful, if injested after its expiry date. So if you drink expired diet coke, it may kill you.
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by Kunlexic(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
It also depend on the kind of micro-organisms that act on the food,maybe bacteria act on one food,so it can cause a bacterial disease,hope am ok with dis.
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by sucezTP(f): 12:30am On Aug 27, 2013
That's one of the causes of hepatitis A..
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by akuji: 1:31am On Aug 27, 2013
Chillisauce:

What kind of humor is that one undecided.

I expected u to apologize and here you are rolling euyes. Clearly, the OP felt insulted, what you should have done, even if you meant no harm is to apologize.

On topic,

I think it's based on the bacteria it releases. Some bacteria are good for the bodies while some are not. Always check the expiry date of your purchases before consumption

Apologise? Why exactly...abeg free me joor. You have more chance of getting blood out of a stone than me apologising. What exactly did I say wrong? If you and OP cannot see the tongue in cheek humour than I have no more reason to continue engaging you both. Shikena. grin shocked cool
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by AdeniyiA(m): 10:19am On Aug 27, 2013
There is a question that has been agitating my mind for a very long time and i have not got a satisfactory answer. the question is: 'What is the difference between 'EXPIRY DATE' & 'BEST BEFORE DATE' ?
my interpretation is that expiry date indicates d date at which d goods are totally unsuitable for consumption while best before date indicates the date beyond which the product value/nutrients/quality have decreased but not totally unsuitable for consumption.
am i making sense....
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
cheesy som food taste more better an sweeter when spoit dan wen fresh e.g locost beans(0giri). 0nly de odour wll tell u dat food s ready... grin grin
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by AdeniyiA(m): 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
stardragon: cheesy som food taste more better an sweeter when spoit dan wen fresh e.g locost beans(0giri). 0nly de odour wll tell u dat food s ready... grin grin
Chu! .... show me your teeth
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by mecussey(m): 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
Why mad people no dey die?
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by AdeniyiA(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
mecussey: Why mad people no dey die?
because they no be ordinary people but 'mad people "
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by akuji: 12:48am On Aug 28, 2013
stardragon: cheesy som food taste more better an sweeter when spoit dan wen fresh e.g locost beans(0giri). 0nly de odour wll tell u dat food s ready... grin grin

You are so right. Food like ugba is also used in ngwongwo or abacha when it literally has near maggots crawling out of it. On the one hand it gives us really strong stomach, on the other hand it might be a contributory factor in ppl just randomly dieing from food poison (naija being naija will cite juju and dibia of course).
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
eating spoilt foods may accummulate acidic toxins in ur body and may lead 2 a disease called acidosis which may deteriorate ur health. however there are basic foods required 2 cushion this effect. 2 get more tips, follow me on nairaland @ favoryte33 or send mail 2 akan_thomas@yahoo.com or call 08073576467.
Re: What Are The Health Effects Of Eating Expired Or Spoiled Food To Human Body by marketresearch: 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
for Nigerians looking for Nigerian foods in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / Nigerian Man Wins Cooking Award In The US, Hosted On Good Morning America.Photos / How Much Is Cooking Gas In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.