Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Throwback Thursday: Brenda Fassie - Wedding Day - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Throwback Thursday: Brenda Fassie - Wedding Day (1247 Views)

Workout Video - "Vulindela" By Brenda Fassie / Throwback Thursday: Junior And Pretty - Bolanle / Omawunmi of idols West Africa - Nigerian Brenda Fassie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Thursday: Brenda Fassie - Wedding Day by infonubia(m): 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2013
In the spirit of throwback, we shine the light on a video we could call the most innovative of those days. My father had a rich collection of Brenda Fassie in the early 90s and we would sit around the TV and watch Brenda on Sundays.

Fassie was born in Langa, Capetown as the youngest of nine children. She was named after the American singer Brenda Lee. Her father died when she was two, and with the help of her mother, a pianist,she started earning money by singing for tourists. Brenda was known to be a fantastic performer with a very strong voice; she sang in her traditional South African language and also in English, Affectionately called Mabrr by her fans, she was sometimes described as the "Queen of African Pop".

"There was something special about her voice," Mr Lebona told South African news agency, Sapa."It was different to anything I had heard until then and was very mature for a 16 year old. I knew it was the voice of the future."

Fassie made good on her promise, shooting to fame in the early 1980s with the best-selling bubble-gum pop hit, Weekend Special, as Brenda and the Dudes. It became the fastest selling record of the time and later moved into the international charts. In the late 1980s, Fassie teamed up with record producer Sello "Chicco" Twala to launch Too Late for Mama - a multi-platinum seller.

The sight of children in oversized outfit and shoes and Brenda being the cook for the event was amazing to me, even as a child!!

Lovely video

Please watch and lets enjoy this throwback moment together!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3f0dNz43p4#t=101

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/08/throwback-brenda-fasie-wedding-day.html

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MUSIC: Collect By Kongu Prince / Best Album So Far In 2006? / I'm Soooooo Hood And Kiss-Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.