Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! (3937 Views)

Confirmed : Innjoo Lagos Office Has Been Shut Down By NCC / Glo Network Has Been Shut Down / Blackberry Internet Services Has Not Been Shut Down - Mtn Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
people like u sh0uld still fall under the INFANT RELIEF ACT so that your rights can still be safeguarded lolz shocked shocked shocked grin grin 'a kid is far better than a fool in his forty' undecided pity.......
Brainrex:

Ain't got time for kids cool
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2013
@ demex av colected the fone o witout payin a dine. kudos to tecno...
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by demex24(m): 11:44am On Aug 24, 2013
Aiit...tankz
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by just2endowed: 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

OpenVPN is not a "thing" OpenVPN is a VPN standard. its [b]open[/b]source VPN.

Its a free opensource software for enabling VPN.

im not exactly sure how to explain this now............ ok.

Think of it as an "engine".

You have a vpn software in 2 parts. Server side and client side.
I own a server. i install openvpn server software. Then i configure it so that people can get access to it.
i may decide to make it open, or i decide to lock it (password it) so u need a username and password to access it.
i may also decide that you pay me some money to gain access.

you install the client application. you need a Configuration file that contains my server details to access it.

if i have passworded the access, then u need a password (and username) to get access. u also need some security certificate.....

so therefore, the configuration on my server is what will determine what you will access. For example if i want to use it for any network browsing now, i will configure the server to open that network's holes. e.g MTN now needs UDP protocol.

see its hard to explain in lay man terms. but the servers are not "from openvpn". they are somebody's server who uses openvpn software and opened access to some ports.

My point is..... You can make your own OpenVPN network....

How is it created
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by puskin: 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
4llerbuntu:

OpenVPN is not a "thing" OpenVPN is a VPN standard. its [b]open[/b]source VPN.

Its a free opensource software for enabling VPN.

im not exactly sure how to explain this now............ ok.

Think of it as an "engine".

You have a vpn software in 2 parts. Server side and client side.
I own a server. i install openvpn server software. Then i configure it so that people can get access to it.
i may decide to make it open, or i decide to lock it (password it) so u need a username and password to access it.
i may also decide that you pay me some money to gain access.

you install the client application. you need a Configuration file that contains my server details to access it.

if i have passworded the access, then u need a password (and username) to get access. u also need some security certificate.....

so therefore, the configuration on my server is what will determine what you will access. For example if i want to use it for any network browsing now, i will configure the server to open that network's holes. e.g MTN now needs UDP protocol.

see its hard to explain in lay man terms. but the servers are not "from openvpn". they are somebody's server who uses openvpn software and opened access to some ports.

My point is..... You can make your own OpenVPN network....

Nah wah.....so you really had all this time to explain this. undecided undecided
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by duwdu: 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
@Jeffy1206;

Sincerely, all you need to do is change the word "All" to "Tweakware's," and the word "Has" to "Have" in the title of your thread, and you're golden.

Please, for the sake of other readers of the board, just do these essentially minor changes to reflect the actual message you meant to convey, and let this matter go. Please.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
but de mata don settle na!!! undecided
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
@ Mods! pls change dis topic to ' Tweakware servers Restored' tanx...
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by budosky(m): 1:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
4llerbuntu: op are u sure u know what openvpn is?

perhaps u mean a particular vpn provider who uses the openvpn protocol and software to connect its servers?

please do more research. openvpn is not a vpn solution that belongs to one company. its not even a "thing" in the sense of being blocked by one person..

maybe the server provider u refer to has blocked access to its servers.

u can roll ur own openvpn server u know.....

pls hw can I create my own open vpn servers
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by BB013(m): 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
How do I Deactivate my vpn cos I am always beibg redirected to a hot spot server wen browsing.
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
all these guys wey dae sell premium, una no say una dae cheat person ni?? una fit connect with that same user and pass wey una go give person wey buy am, nawa ooo
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed: all these guys wey dae sell premium, una no say una dae cheat person ni?? una fit connect with that same user and pass wey una go give person wey buy am, nawa ooo
wat are saying?
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed: all these guys wey dae sell premium, una no say una dae cheat person ni?? una fit connect with that same user and pass wey una go give person wey buy am, nawa ooo
wat are saying? No meaning!
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
Jeffy1206: wat are saying? No meaning!

u know wat im saying bruv..
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by shogz89: 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
I no care Wetin all of na dey talk,,, my own be say I 1 browse free.. So make una talk how people go fit dey browse free rather than this argument
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by shogz89: 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
Bros pidgin self u no fit speak,,, who be your pidgin lecturer abs Wetin u dey try talk self
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 6:10am On Nov 23, 2013
shogz89:
Bros pidgin self u no fit speak,,, who be your pidgin lecturer abs Wetin u dey try talk self
Bro if I tell you say I understand wetin him talk, den I dey lie big grin...
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2013
Jeffy1206: people like u sh0uld still fall under the INFANT RELIEF ACT so that your rights can still be safeguarded lolz shocked shocked shocked grin grin 'a kid is far better than a fool in his forty' undecided pity.......

smh... jeffy what are you ranting about
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2013
shogz89: I no care Wetin all of na dey talk,,, my own be say I 1 browse free.. So make una talk how people go fit dey browse free rather than this argument

ode, u tink say "free browsing" go drop from sky if u lyk, no go hustle dey there dey wait....
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 8:55am On Nov 23, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

smh... jeffy what are you ranting about
are you just joining NL? Bringing old sh**t undecided
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 23, 2013
Resurrected thread undecided
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 9:09am On Nov 23, 2013
Jeffy1206: are you just joining NL? Bringing old sh**t undecided

pfft....
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by shogz89: 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

ode, u tink say "free browsing" go drop from sky if u lyk, no go hustle dey there dey wait....
Finally u sabi say you stupid,,, mum u,, if u no get Wetin to offer just go sit down.... I don even forget say na u way no even fit write correct pidgin not to talk of English,, who help you type dis one way u write,,, u try sha
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
shogz89:
Finally u sabi say you stupid,,, mum u,, if u no get Wetin to offer just go sit down.... I don even forget say na u way no even fit write correct pidgin not to talk of English,, who help you type dis one way u write,,, u try sha

e b lyk say ur brain dae touch ni u sure say u drink breast milk
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by shogz89: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
HeWhoMusntBeNamed:

e b lyk say ur brain dae touch ni u sure say u drink breast milk
Common sense no Common....... Wetin bring bosom milk come here you retard u think more like your emoticons
Re: Reasons Why All Open Vpn Servers Has Been Shut!!! by HeWhoMusntBeNamed(m): 3:54am On Nov 24, 2013
shogz89:
Common sense no Common....... Wetin bring bosom milk come here you retard u think more like your emoticons

hehe, dude have an angry self-service under the stairwell.... smiley tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Paradise: Featuring Tecno Camon C8 At The Tecno Island / Chat With GLO Customer Care Online To Resolve Issues / Iphone 6. 64gb Forsale At 45k ( Very Negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.