Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Fresh air: federal health workers nationwide embark on indefinite strike. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh air: federal health workers nationwide embark on indefinite strike. (516 Views)

Boko Haram Members Dressed As Health Workers Arrested In Zaria / Falae: Fulani Herdsmen Embark On Self-registration In South West / Imo Courts, Assembly Complex Shut As Workers Begin Indefinite Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh air: federal health workers nationwide embark on indefinite strike. by Symphony007: 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
With university students languishing at home and their government seem incapable of resolving their issues with ASUU, it seems sick people in federal hospitals around the country has joined the langushing as federal health workers nationwide embark on an indifinte strike.

The stike was called based on the federal governments refusal to honour the ruling of the national industrail court on improved welfare for health workers. A meeting was called by the labour minister to settle the issue between the health workers and the health ministry but the health minister refused to show up, the snub was the final straw and the health workers went on strike. Today patients in all federal hospitals in the country has been told to leave. This is an unprecedented development as currently two of the primary sectors of the nation, education and health are on strike and the government stumbles. Can you feel the fresh air?

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/143275-federal-health-workers-embark-on-indefinite-strike.html?utm-source.=&utm_medium=twitter&utm-campaign=federal-health-workers-embark-on-indefinite-strike
Re: Fresh air: federal health workers nationwide embark on indefinite strike. by sheedy407(m): 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ok
Re: Fresh air: federal health workers nationwide embark on indefinite strike. by Symphony007: 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hours ago, i spoke with a friend who is doing her IT at the university of port harcourt teaching hospital, and she told me how wards are being evacuated. Patients no matter your condition are being evacuated. Babies in intensive care units, their mothers. She especially told me of a woman who gave birth to a premature baby and the baby has been in intensive care for weeks. She is poor and is strugguling to keep up with the expenses, and now she is being evicted because of the strike and she will have to take her baby to a private hospital intensive care unit, where will the money come from? What sort of country is this? The two main reasons government exist is currently shut down. Education and health.
Re: Fresh air: federal health workers nationwide embark on indefinite strike. by SLIDiE(m): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
grin

I heard corpers are being owed now grin

Jona_clueless!!! grin

Wetin concern me sef!

I no kuku be govt worker, and i no be student, and i no be corper, and i no dey sick!!

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Monumental Waste: FG Orders 53 Gold-plated Iphones Worth N649m / Gov Amaechi, A Man, The Gods Want To Destroy. / Police Arraign Suspects Before Looking For Evidence- CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.