Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence (4206 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by oneeast1: 10:26am On Aug 23, 2013
Ola Johnson:
No doubt, you're high on weed. How many wraps?

You are unsettled. Keep showing your insecurity for the world to view. grin
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 23, 2013
If the motto of your school or alma mater isn't "For LEARNING AND CULTURE", you're wrong.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2013
one.east1:

You are unsettled. Keep showing your insecurity for the world to view. grin
It's unreasonable for and any person for that matter to post this lie.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2013
It's unfortunate and unprefessional for the mods to hide my post for countering and trying to put the record straight in a thread that is full of lies and without a thread. Are you not supposed to close it?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by SterlingTowers(m): 10:41am On Aug 23, 2013
one.east4:

Are you dumb!

Didn't you see the basis upon which this thread are created.

We are ranking based on academic excellence, prizes won on scientific and non-scientific (nationally and internationally), non strike. etc.

Its not all about ranking done by some folks somewhere without considering number of things,

Then conveniently you thought Unizik should top the list you created in your head despite the criteria. You are irredeemable, continue to hibernate in your infantile fantasy. Your beef cannot diminish the intellectual behemoth hub that ife has become and the research and academic hegemon that ife has become.greatest ife, articulate ife...
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by oneeast3: 10:47am On Aug 23, 2013
Sterling Towers:

Then conveniently you thought Unizik should top the list you created in your head despite the criteria. You are irredeemable, continue to hibernate in your infantile fantasy. Your beef cannot diminish the intellectual behemoth hub that ife has become and the research and academic hegemon that ife has become.greatest ife, articulate ife...

You people just sabi make mouth without nothing to show for it: not academic excellence not nothing..! ife is just a huge myth, they cannot stand side by side with anything UNIZIK or UNN. These are top unis for naija
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by oneeast3: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2013
You are guys are really unsettled. This is not federal character. grin grin
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 23, 2013
Sterling Towers:

Nobody can rubbish Great Ife's achievement in research. I was on campus yesterday for my PG programme enquiry, I was supprised, despite the ongoing ASUU strike, lecturers were reading.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by SterlingTowers(m): 11:47am On Aug 23, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Nobody can rubbish Great Ife's achievement in research. I was on campus yesterday for my PG programme enquiry, I was supprised, despite the ongoing ASUU strike, lecturers were reading.

It is culture that only death can take.Pay the op no heed, 2012 ife achieved the same feat. It is no coincidence, it is hard work and excellence my brother.Ife rocks.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by SterlingTowers(m): 11:53am On Aug 23, 2013
one.east3:

You people just sabi make mouth without nothing to show for it: not academic excellence not nothing..! ife is just a huge myth, they cannot stand side by side with anything UNIZIK or UNN. These are top unis for naija

Ife myth! In your dreams or nightmare, in terms of mediocrity and pretentious scholarcism Unizik and UNN can lead the pack but we are talking about cutting edge research and Profound intellectualism and blazing trail where giants are timid to tread.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Kanwulia: 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2013
Anyhow, anyhow, sha-sha!!!! cool

Grrrrrrrreat UNIBEN!!!

1984-1988!!!! cool

We dey KAMKPEEEEEE!!! NO SSSSSHAKING!!!! cool
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by oneeast3: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sterling Towers:

Ife myth! In your dreams or nightmare, in terms of mediocrity and pretentious scholarcism Unizik and UNN can lead the pack but we are talking about cutting edge research and Profound intellectualism and blazing trail where giants are timid to tread.

AWKA — THE Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, has emerged winners of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists Imperial Barrel Award competed by African universities.

The university came first, scoring 79.33 percent, while Helwan University, Egypt and the Federal University of Technology,Akure came second and third respectively.

Eight universities in Nigeria participated in the competition, including Federal University of Technology, Owerri; University of Lagos; University of Ilorin; Enugu State University of Science and Technology; Nnamdi Azikiwe University; Federal University of Technology, Akure; University of Ibadan and University of Calabar.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/unizik-wins-geo-sciences-competition-among-african-universities/

Show me any of such class of prize won by your mythical ife? grin
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
one.east3:

AWKA — THE Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, has emerged winners of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists Imperial Barrel Award competed by African universities.

The university came first, scoring 79.33 percent, while Helwan University, Egypt and the Federal University of Technology,Akure came second and third respectively.

Eight universities in Nigeria participated in the competition, including Federal University of Technology, Owerri; University of Lagos; University of Ilorin; Enugu State University of Science and Technology; Nnamdi Azikiwe University; Federal University of Technology, Akure; University of Ibadan and University of Calabar.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/unizik-wins-geo-sciences-competition-among-african-universities/

Show me any of such class of prize won by your mythical ife? grin
Go to www.oauife.edu.ng
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by oneeast3: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
^

Post anything they have won, if there is any. If none bounce and let excellence reign.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
WHERE IS F.U.T.A ON THIS LIST.....................
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
one.east3:
^

Post anything they have won, if there is any. If none bounce and let excellence reign.
Our achievements speak for us. I won't reply you anymore until you become sensible.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by oneeast3: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
^

Where is it speaking? In the 'certificate'? grin

My friend get real and post the said achievement. Until you post anything worthy to be compared with what UNIZIK had won, then there is no basis for us to continue to throw stone.

Am not even an Alumni of UNIZIK, but I know that the school stands for- excellence. And I long to have my M.Sc from UNIZIK. Its an honor to be identified with UNIZIK.

Where are the ZIKITES in the house.....?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by SterlingTowers(m): 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
Centres & Institutes for advanced research.

Centres & Institutes

Atmospheric Research and Information Analysis Laboratory (ARIAL)

The following are centres of excellence at OAU working in several fields of research:

Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in Africa (ARCSSTE)

Atmospheric Research And Information Analysis Lab (ARIAL)

Centre for Energy Research and Development (CERD)

National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM)

Center for Gender Studies (CGS)

Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in Africa (ARCSSTE)

Aviation Training Institute

Space Applications And Environmental Science Laboratory (SPAEL)

Central Science Laboratory (CSL)

Centre for Space Research (CSR)

Cooperative Information Network (COPINE / CICTED)

Drug Research & Production Unit (DRPU)

Institute for Entrepreneurship and Development Studies (IFEDS)

National Centre for Technology Management (NACETEM)

Natural History Museum (NHM)

Institute of Cultural Studies

Institute of Public Health (IPH, OAU)

Institute of Ecology and Environmental Studies (IEES)

Population and Reproductive Health Programme/OAUIFE-GATES Institute JHU Partnership Project

Regional Centre for Training in Aerospace Surveys (RECTAS)

Space Applications And Environmental Science Laboratory (SPAEL)

Do You Know...

OAU Ife started the first Department of Chemical Engineering

About
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Atolagbe1: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
At this point i'll support University Of Nigeria Nsukka(a.ka Home of Lions and Lioness)....
UNN achievement is 2much:
1. The wife of prof. Okeke dept of physics UNN won 2013 world women scientist international award hosted by Unesco.
2.stable academic calendar,imagine Unn is through with 12/13 academic session since july 5th,2013.meanwhile other skul are in their mid second semester coupled with ASUU strike.
3.Unn has the first dept of Statistics in nigeria producing gr8 men like Mike MBA d senior statistician at CBN.
4.UNN has atleast 350 professors.
Academic excellence:
If u got 2.1 in UNN u'r solid,no wonder it called the home of Lions/lioness.u'll face real life academic challenge. Among others.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by SterlingTowers(m): 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
Atolagbe1: At this point i'll support University Of Nigeria Nsukka(a.ka Home of Lions and Lioness)....
UNN achievement is 2much:
1. The wife of prof. Okeke dept of physics UNN won 2013 world women scientist international award hosted by Unesco.
2.stable academic calendar,imagine Unn is through with 12/13 academic session since july 5th,2013.meanwhile other skul are in their mid second semester coupled with ASUU strike.
3.Unn has the first dept of Statistics in nigeria producing gr8 men like Mike MBA d senior statistician at CBN.
4.UNN has atleast 350 professors.
Academic excellence:
If u got 2.1 in UNN u'r solid,no wonder it called the home of Lions/lioness.u'll face real life academic challenge. Among others.

Do you know Fatou Bensouda the prosecutor of international court of justice is an ife alumnus. If I am to publish list of ife achievements, then you will know UNN is a child's play,besides we are talking about academic excellence not some wild lions and lionesses roaring about, hefty but empty braggadocios
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Universities For Academic Excellence by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
Sterling Towers:

Do you know Fatou Bensouda the prosecutor of international court of justice is an ife alumnus. If I am to publish list of ife achievements, then you will know UNN is a child's play,besides we are talking about academic excellence not some wild lions and lionesses roaring about, hefty but empty braggadocios
Fatou Bensouda was among the foreigner that came to the University of Ife to seek quality education. She is from the Gambia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Syllabus Pdf Download For (english, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Art) 2018/20 / Registered Nurse Or Chew Nurse... Pls Mature Advice / Boy Commits Suicide After Failing Jamb PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.