Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses (62672 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by thankyouJesus(m): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
[b]DISCLAIMER: This article is not written to degrade or downcast students of other institution that are omitted from the list.
DISCREDIT: I know and accepted that my experience, exposure, research method, e.t.c are going to influence the list, but, I will score the credibility of the list to be 85%.

The selected institutions are based on rigorous trainning, good conducive learning environment, prospects, exposure, competition results, availability of learning equipments/materials/devices, research activities, innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location, recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c. The names of the schools are arranged in no particular order.

1. Law:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN
-ABU

2. Medicine and Surgery:
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIBEN

3. Mass communication:
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY

4. Political Science:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY

5. Business Administration:
-UNILORIN
-UNILAG
-UNN
-ABU
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

6. Banking and Finance:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-UNN
-UNIBEN

7. Accounting:
-UNIJOS
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNN
-UNILORIN

8. Pharmacy:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN

9. Biochemistry:
-UI
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN

10. Microbiology:
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
-UI
-FUTO

11. Nursing:
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI

12. Economics:
-OAU
-UI
-UNN

13. Mathematics:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILORIN
-UNAAB
-UNILAG

14. Computer Science:
-COVENANT
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-UNILAG

15. Petroleum Engineering:
-UNILAG
-FUTO

16. Mechanical Engineering:
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNILAG
-ABU

17. Electronic Electrical Enginering:
-OAU
-UI
-UNILAG
-FUTA
-LAUTECH

18. Chemical Engineering:
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN

19. Civil Engineering:
-FUTA
-UNILAG
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN

20. Computer Engineering:
-LAUTECH
-UNILAG
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

21. Geology:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI

22. Physics:
-OAU
-UI
-FUTO

-UNILORIN
Note:
1. The schools are arranged in no particular order.
2. The maximum entries for a course is five [5], thereby preventing some "top" schools from making the list.[/b]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by JOETYNO: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
So poly na Secondary School abi that U couldn't sum it in your Segregational Research?

We Nigerians are inherently laden with self-discriminating and ethical division.

Clueless research from a biased Nigeria dividing mind. Mtcheew!

:|sad

#Disclaimer: :@ @OP, I was nt in any little way insulting U, just felt U should fasten ur seatbelt and dive into concrete-complex research before presenting anything in a multiple involved sector, to avoid harsh quotes. Merci.

#Modified... The Ftc was displaced to make mine le premier, (just lyk GEJ got there by luck smiley) God is doing sometin in my life o! smiley

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by pacesetter939: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
OP, UNILAG just started her Geoscience Department in 2010 and her first set is due for graduation this year. What is she doing on that list?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by okon11: 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Why is Uni ABJ not in any of the category.
this most be rigged. Cause I Know uni ABJ produce one of the best law graduates in the country.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by doctorgold(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
Your criteria for this compilation beats my imagination. Am very sure you did not visit all the schools listed above to access each department based on their staff strength, facilities available and how well their graduates are perfoming in the job sphere.

In collaboration with the above point, you goofed by including FUTA as one of the best universities in chemical engineering and computer engineering. Such departments do not exist.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by osram(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
GEOLOGY-FEDERAL UNIVERSITY BIRNIN KEBBI
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by fadjnr(m): 11:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
There is no chemical engineering and computer engineering in FUTA.

31 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nigerians sef. SMDH
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by tobechi74: 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
okon11:
Why is Uni ABJ not in any of the category.
this most be rigged. Cause I Know uni ABJ produce one of the best law graduates in the country.

law in uniabuja is not accredited

6 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Quelme: 12:00am On Nov 13, 2014
Why is AAU, Ekpoma not included in the top Faculty of Law category.?

24 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 13, 2014
Poo...u know next to nothing

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Myque1(m): 12:15am On Nov 13, 2014
I can't vouch for the rest but I have no argument about Petroleum Engineering. FUTO and UNILAG are pretty solid in that department. I know.
All these threads about universities of recent though...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:17am On Nov 13, 2014
pacesetter939:
OP, UNILAG just started her Geoscience Department in 2010 and her first set is due for graduation this year. What is she doing on that list?
dont mind em

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by gift01: 5:05am On Nov 13, 2014
Abeg who did this rating? Was it based on physical visitation and assessment or one unemployed dude just conjure something up while lazing around. Shame!

4 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 13, 2014
tobechi74:

law in uniabuja is not accredited
says who? They go to law school so do your research well, if your school is not accredited to study law the students will not see the walls of law school till accreditation takes place

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 13, 2014
How can you put OAU, UNIJOS, UNIBEN for law and UI didn't make the list, wow! This compilation needs some major surgery

5 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by georjay(m): 5:16am On Nov 13, 2014
THIS I AM SURE OF

LAW - UNILAG

PHYSICS - UNILAG

PHARMACY - UNILAG

ARCHITECTURE - UNILAG

PETROLEUM ENGINEERING - UNILAG

2 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by georjay(m): 5:18am On Nov 13, 2014
ULSHERLAN:

dont mind em

CHEWING GUM DEY UR EYE
\
HE SAID GEOLOGY NOT GEO SCIENCE.....GEO SCIENCE WAS CREATED RECENTLY FINE...BUT GEOLOGY HAS BEEN THERE SINCE
SHINE UR EYES WELL
BEEFING IS NOT GOOD FOR THE HEALTH

6 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by thankyouJesus(m): 5:21am On Nov 13, 2014
pacesetter939:
In terms of prospects, marketability, staff strength, learning environment, learning equipment, location, etc she merit her place.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by georjay(m): 5:21am On Nov 13, 2014
pacesetter939:

GO GET A RECOMMENDED GLASS

HE SAID GEOLOGY NOT GEO SCIENCE

THOUGH GEO SCIENCE WAS EXTRACTED FROM GEOLOGY 4YRS AGO BUT GEOLOGY HAS BEEN THERE SINCE

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by thankyouJesus(m): 5:28am On Nov 13, 2014
JOETYNO:
So poly na Secondary School abi that U couldn't sum it in your Segregational Research?

We Nigerians are inherently laden with self-discriminating and ethical division.

Clueless research from a biased Nigeria dividing mind. Mtcheew!

:|sad

#Disclaimer: :@ @OP, I was nt in any little way insulting U, just felt U should fasten ur seatbelt and dive into concrete-complex research before presenting anything in a multiple involved sector, to avoid harsh quotes. Merci.
I must be a lazy person judging by this your write up. No insult taken.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by thankyouJesus(m): 5:34am On Nov 13, 2014
doctorgold:
[/quote][quote author=fadjnr post=27964384]
correction noted. Thank you.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by thankyouJesus(m): 5:39am On Nov 13, 2014
Noneroone:
I am sure u were inside a toilet in one of those caves in the Southwest defecating when making this conjecture grin. I wont be suprise if it makes frontpage b'cos nairaland's frontpage reputation is at its lowest.
I think you need to read the discredit side.
At the embolden word, no comment.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by primusmaximus: 5:43am On Nov 13, 2014
When it comes to Petroleum Engineering UI is the best by far but we (UNILAG) are closing that gap rapidly.

However, I would say UNILAG is the most impressive as we are under 10 years old. And in the 6 Inter-university quiz competitions (STCE) we've taken part in we came 1st twice, 3rd twice, 5th once and lost out to UNIPORT at the quarterfinals 2 years back (UI went on to win that year). And we are currently holding the SPEI Golden award for the most outstanding student chapter in the world.

Also we were under 25 in my set compared to about 100-400 in schools like UNIPORT which makes our achievements more impressive

But we don't have any Doctor or Professor with a petroleum engineering background and we are yet to start masters in Petroleum so I'll still give UI 1st position.

In my Opinion
1) UI
2) UNILAG
3) PTI
4) FUTO
5) UNIBEN

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by georjay(m): 6:13am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

When it comes to Petroleum Engineering UI is the best by far but we (UNILAG) are closing that gap rapidly. PTI and Uniben are also respected in that department

NOTED.....
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by dridowu: 6:16am On Nov 13, 2014
If you want to study Veterinary Medicine, then consider any of these three (in no particular order)
1>UI
2>UNN
3>ABU
But that does not guarantee instant employment after graduation

3 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by mrpackager(m): 6:18am On Nov 13, 2014
just

incase
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by chibyksveejay(m): 6:42am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

When it comes to Petroleum Engineering UI is the best by far but we (UNILAG) are closing that gap rapidly. PTI and Uniben are also respected in that department
UI offers petroleum engineering? shocked
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by primusmaximus: 7:09am On Nov 13, 2014
chibyksveejay:
UI offers petroleum engineering? shocked
They have the oldest Petroleum Engineering department in Nigeria lol. Infact the only Nigerian university with a Professor in Petroleum Engineering I think.

When I say 'prof' I mean someone that climbed the ranks in the petroleum engineering field and not one that converted from chemical engineering or the likes. If it's by conversion then UNILAG has 2 Professors in Petroleum (Prof Oyekunle and Kehinde).

http://tech.ui.edu.ng/welcomepet

CORRECTION- FUTO also has a Full petroleum Prof

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / The Bus Oshiomhole Donated To UNIBEN SUG 3 Years Ago (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.