Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Should Pastors Know What People Or Church Members Give? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Pastors Know What People Or Church Members Give? (672 Views)

Ogun Pastor Prays Recharge Card Into His Church Members Phone / Why Do Cherubim And Seraphim Members Give Birth To Dada Babies? / Which Type Of Marriage Does God Recognise? Traditional, Court Or Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Pastors Know What People Or Church Members Give? by tobechi20(m): 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
Should pastors know what people or church members are give? Is it the pastor’s business to know how much each person isgiving? What are biblical guidelines for what a pastorshould and should not know?

Giving to God is a very personal thing and the responsibility is between them and God.

Should Pastors Know What Members Give?
Giving offerings is not something that the pastor has any business sticking his nose into. If members don’t give much of anything or any thing at all, they are hurting the church some, yes, but they are hurting themselves more. At the church I pastor at, Ilike to have us use sealed envelopes for offerings so that we do not judge anyone over how much they give or don’t give. I admonish the treasurer to keep all donations private and don’t even share with me how much people give or how much they don‘t! Even if someone leaves a larger offering, I don’t want to know who gave how much unless that person comes up to me and tells me. I don’t want to know nor do I feel I need to know. It is none of my business. The matter of giving to God is completely between the giver and God. I do suggest that they gave what they can afford and give generously and cheerfully. That is the most important thing. It’s not howmuchyou give buthowyou give. Some can pay 10%, some can only give less, but others should be able to give more, but again, that’sa private matter as far as I am concerned, but certainly God blesses the generous person.
Re: Should Pastors Know What People Or Church Members Give? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
This is it......you are a pastor not a pastorpreneur.

Where do you expect pastorpreneur to make money from? You want them to be poor or completely wretched? Or be like Jesus? Jesus was jobless yes but he makes money miraculous. Jesus also move from house to house because he has no place to rest his head (jobless man cant provide shelter for himself) and needs to eat with rich sinners..........pastors cant print money with prayer, they want to survive (plenty family) and fit in (build mansion, fly jet or gosh in account). So they have to follow extorting circus.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Christians urged to pray on the 10th of Jan,2014 / Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / I Believe God Hate Christmas Done On 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.