Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris (2764 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:38am On Aug 23, 2013
. . . For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself (John 5:26).

I’m so inspired by the life of Jesus; during His earthly ministry, it didn’t matter what He faced, the solution was inside Him. He had the transcendent life; He was never ruffled by anything; He walked in the dominion of the Spirit. That’s the same life He’s given us; a life that requires no aid from outside you. Being born again, you’ve already been given everything you’d ever need:

. . . According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" (2 Peter 1:3).

John 14:16,
"And I will pray the Father, andhe shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

God answered by sending us the Holy Spirit. That was all we needed that we didn’t have, but which we now have. With the Holy Spirit coming into us,we got everything we could ever want in life.Let me put it this way for you to have a clearer picture: when a man wants anything, which he feels he has no ability for, he prays to God and expects God to answer. However, that isn’t God’s dream for man. God didn’t create man to be limited or disadvantaged; He didn’t want man to need anything from outside him. That’s why He made the God-life available through Christ Jesus. When you received Christ, you received inherent life that requires no aid or support from outside.

Like Jesus, you not only have the God-life to the full,you also received the Spirit without measure (John 3:34); thus, all you need is inside you. What are the good things you desire? Bring them forth from within you with your words! What do you want; what do you need; what do you want to see outside? John 7:38 says, out of your belly shall flow rivers of living water. Go ahead and bring forth good things from within you:

"A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things…" (Matthew 12:35).

1 Like

Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 7:07am On Aug 23, 2013
Wow! I remember in the bible when God wanted to make a help meet for Adam, he didn't go back to creation, because he was done creating, and Adam showed up when He had finished creation works and was resting...rather he knew what Adam needed was inside of Adam himself, he then brought out of Adam what Adam needed (Woman).

its wonderful to know that ALL we'd ever need in this Life is in the Word of God, hence if we have the word in us, we have ALL things we'd ever need in this life.

WOW

1 Like

Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 23, 2013
The Holy Spirit takes the empty vessel we offer,and that's all He asks. Nice one OP.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs: Wow! I remember in the bible when God wanted to make a help meet for Adam, he didn't go back to creation, because he was done creating, and Adam showed up when He had finished creation works and was resting...rather he knew what Adam needed was inside of Adam himself, he then brought out of Adam what Adam needed (Woman).

its wonderful to know that ALL we'd ever need in this Life is in the Word of God, hence if we have the word in us, we have ALL things we'd ever need in this life.

WOW
You beat me to the first spot this time friend! grin grin
Gloraaaaaayyyyy!
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 9:38am On Aug 23, 2013
Joagbaje:
I’m so inspired by the life of Jesus; during His earthly ministry, it didn’t matter what He faced, the solution was inside Him. He had the transcendent life; He was never ruffled by anything; He walked in the dominion of the Spirit. That’s the same life He’s given us; a life that requires no aid from outside you. Being born again, you’ve already been given everything you’d ever need:

Joagbaje:
when a man wants anything, which he feels he has no ability for, he prays to God and expects God to answer. However, that isn’t God’s dream for man. God didn’t create man to be limited or disadvantaged; He didn’t want man to need anything from outside him.

Joagbaje:
Like Jesus, you not only have the God-life to the full,you also received the Spirit without measure (John 3:34); thus, all you need is inside you. What are the good things you desire? Bring them forth from within you with your words! What do you want; what do you need; what do you want to see outside?

You people like to confuse sha. if everything you need is within you, what's all the talk about tithe and seed sowing all about then undecided you said the Christian is like Jesus, and we know Jesus did not tithe or sow seed to solve any issue.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2013
Joagbaje:

. . . For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself (John 5:26).

. . . According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" (2 Peter 1:3).

John 14:16,
"And I will pray the Father, andhe shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

God answered by sending us the Holy Spirit. That was all we needed that we didn’t have, but which we now have. With the Holy Spirit coming into us,we got everything we could ever want in life.Let me put it this way for you to have a clearer picture: when a man wants anything, which he feels he has no ability for, he prays to God and expects God to answer. However, that isn’t God’s dream for man. God didn’t create man to be limited or disadvantaged; He didn’t want man to need anything from outside him. That’s why He made the God-life available through Christ Jesus. When you received Christ, you received inherent life that requires no aid or support from outside.

Like Jesus, you not only have the God-life to the full,you also received the Spirit without measure (John 3:34); thus, all you need is inside you. What are the good things you desire? Bring them forth from within you with your words! What do you want; what do you need; what do you want to see outside? John 7:38 says, out of your belly shall flow rivers of living water. Go ahead and bring forth good things from within you:

"A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things…" (Matthew 12:35).

Really?!! All you need is inside of you ....... Sounds like the gnostic gospel to me. The bible make you guys confused . One minute God is love and the next minute he needs anger management. Learn to think for yourself,you don't need this book to live a good life.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
You beat me to the first spot this time friend! grin grin
Gloraaaaaayyyyy!

Told you I would grin

1 Like

Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 9:56am On Aug 23, 2013
ifeness:

Really?!! All you need is inside of you ....... Sounds like the gnostic gospel to me. The bible make you guys confused . One minute God is love and the next minute he needs anger management. Learn to think for yourself,you don't need this book to live a good life.

Your opinion is duly noted. Tnx for stopping by
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

You people like to confuse sha. if everything you need is within you, what's all the talk about tithe and seed sowing all about then undecided you said the Christian is like Jesus, and we know Jesus did not tithe or sow seed to solve any issue.
How did you know Jesus did not tithe,where you around at the time? The bible says He fulfilled all the laws of moses remember? Even at that the bible never recorded what happened between the ages 12 and 30.Can you tell me what happened then because the bible was clear that he submitted to his parents.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by mbaemeka(m): 10:32am On Aug 23, 2013
We are greater than we thought. We are beyond looking for the external help. We have what we need inside of us. We have greateness inside of us. We are free. Gloraaaaaaaaaaaaay!

1 Like

Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: How did you know Jesus did not tithe,where you around at the time?

Read the part of my post you highlighted one more time. then come back with your question.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

There's no talk about sowing of seed in this thread. Tithes,offerings, prayers,alms giving etc are principles in God. dont jump on one sided truth ,get the balance. you could as well say we dont need to worship God or pray to him again since everything is inside you.

1 Like

Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

Read the part of my post you highlighted one more time. then come back with your question.
Eisegesis abi? Ok how did you/una/we know?
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: Eisegesis abi? Ok how did you/una/we know?

It obvious you will never get it. So let me assist. responding to your question on whether Jesus tithed will end up derailing this thread. My comment is not about whether Jesus tithed but whether Jesus tithed and/or (sowed seeds) to solve problems. I hope you understand. I am comparing the teaching of seed sowing to solving your problems with your word.

The question of whether Jesus tithed at all should be for another thread. So kindly rephrase your question if you want me to respond. Thanks
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by flourishG(m): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: Eisegesis abi? Ok how did you/una/we know?
if u are told,will u believe?
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 11:49am On Aug 23, 2013
Joagbaje:
There's no talk about sowing of seed in this thread.

It is not advisable to take the various teachings in isolation. they must complement each other. When i read the OP, i take into consideration other teachings i have heard/read.

Joagbaje:
you could as well say we dont need to worship God or pray to him again since everything is inside you.

To honest that's exactly my understanding of the extract below......

Joagbaje:
Let me put it this way for you to have a clearer picture: when a man wants anything, which he feels he has no ability for, he prays to God and expects God to answer. However, that isn’t God’s dream for man. God didn’t create man to be limited or disadvantaged; He didn’t want man to need anything from outside him. That’s why He made the God-life available through Christ Jesus. When you received Christ, you received inherent life that requires no aid or support from outside.

Joagbaje:
dont jump on one sided truth ,get the balance.

I think it is the preacher that need to provide the balance. You don't just expect me to shout waaooh! anytime you post something from pastor chris (just because it's coming from pastor chris), i need to first process the info and request clarification if confused.

It would be nice if you can help with that clarification sir. The seed sowing teaching indicates a Christian need external help. Thanks.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

It obvious you will never get it. So let me assist. responding to your question on whether Jesus tithed will end up derailing this thread. My comment is not about whether Jesus tithed but whether Jesus tithed and/or (sowed seeds) to solve problems. I hope you understand. I am comparing the teaching of seed sowing to solving your problems with your word.

The question of whether Jesus tithed at all should be for another thread. So kindly rephrase your question if you want me to respond. Thanks
Of cos i am not disappointed,you have a penchant for play of words.No be zikkyy wey i know..
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: Of cos i am not disappointed,you have a penchant for play of words.No be zikkyy wey i know..

Na so you talk undecided If you want me to respond to your question open another thread and i will respond. am being honest here, my intention was never an attempt to turn this to a tithe discussion thread. my reference to tithe/seed sowing was to show what i see as inconsistency in pastoral teachings. So i cannot discuss tithe or no tithe here.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

Na so you talk undecided If you want me to respond to your question open another thread and i will respond. am being honest here, my intention was never an attempt to turn this to a tithe discussion thread. my reference to tithe/seed sowing was to show what i see as inconsistency in pastoral teachings. So i cannot discuss tithe or no tithe here.
Ok sir!
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

It is not advisable to take the various teachings in isolation. they must complement each other. When i read the OP, i take into consideration other teachings i have heard/read.

I think it is the preacher that need to provide the balance. You don't just expect me to shout waaooh! anytime you post something from pastor chris (just because it's coming from pastor chris), i need to first process the info and request clarification if confused .

It would be nice if you can help with that clarification sir. The seed sowing teaching indicates a Christian need external help. Thanks.
You are indeed "confused!"
If you don't mind me asking, are you by any chance a descendant of confusious? 'Cus he was confused too! embarassed
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

You are really confused, derailing this thread with a comment that is so off topic!
Sorry eh! embarassed embarassed
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 2:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
You are indeed "confused!"
If you don't mind me asking, are you by any chance a descendant of confusious? 'Cus he was confused too! embarassed

Another sad soul! direct your anger at your pastor please. its not my fault your pastor has a reputation of being inconsistent (in his teachings).
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 2:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

Another sad soul! direct your anger at your pastor please. its not my fault your pastor has a reputation of being inconsistent (in his teachings).

Proofs pls. I know his pastor is as consistent as anything good could be
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
Gombs:

Proofs pls. I know his pastor is as consistent as anything good could be

You need proof?? address the one i raised here. show that am wrong before asking for other proof.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

I've got just the right medicine for your confused mind!
What to you say about this:

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." Genesis 8:22

Did I still hear you say there's no need for sowing seeds and tithing again yes?
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

If you go about bible study that way, you will mess things up. We must recognize the context of a writing , I'f not , we will judge and criticize even Jesus himself because certain things will look contradictory .

Matthew 7:8
For every one that asketh receiveth. . .

James 4:3
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Who do we believe ,

James gave condition ,Jesus didnt give condition. Because of the context by which they spoke. If we criticize from one perspective ,it may look as though you score a point ,but when we ask genuine question there will be clarification

I think it is the preacher that need to provide the balance

Jesus didnt provide the balance .

I already answered in my previous post , we are blessed already without condition, but to lay hold on these blessing ,there are principles in Gods kingdom to live by. Worship ,prayer ,giving ,etc are all principle , they don't make us acceptable with God, we are acceptable by the blood of Jesus , we are blessed on the account of his death, but we can be blessed and die in poverty. If a man doesn't exercise faith, if a man doesn't give,if a man doesn't pray , he will miss benefits in God even though it has his name printed on them from heaven.

Jesus said I will be with you,but in another place he said .

Mark 14:38
Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

[

1 Like

Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

I've got just the right medicine for your confused mind!
What to you say about this:

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." Genesis 8:22

Did I still hear you say there's no need for sowing seeds and tithing again yes?

you are even more confused. you don't even understand my concern and you are providing solutions.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:
Did I still hear you say there's no need for sowing seeds and tithing again yes?[/b]

Ask your pastor. he is the one saying everything is inside you. sowing seed for what purpose when everything is inside you?
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Joagbaje:
If you go about bible study that way, you will mess things up. We must recognize the context of a writing ,
[

Now am having issues recognizing the context, all you need to do is assist. You have shown maturity and understanding in your response (expected of you), so finish the good work.

Joagbaje:
We must recognize the context of a writing , I'f not , we will judge and criticize even Jesus himself because certain things will look contradictory .

Matthew 7:8
For every one that asketh receiveth. . .

James 4:3
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

[

i am not looking at contradiction between the teaching of pastor chris and pastor adeboye. If you have instances where Jesus appears to be contradicting himself, we can look at that.

Joagbaje:
Jesus didnt provide the balance....
[

....because he did not contradict himself.
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Kenny4lyfe(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

you are even more confused. you don't even understand my concern and you are providing solutions.

It's nice to know you recognised a solution when you see one!
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Gombs(m): 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
Zikkyy:

Ask your pastor. he is the one saying everything is inside you. sowing seed for what purpose when everything is inside you?

Sir, seeds are sown to activate a harvest. Now, since everything is inside us, we draw out monies to sow from within us, through faith filled words in line with what God says.

Sowing and reaping is a principle in the bible, same as giving and receiving. You CAN'T receive without giving (except you now use diabolic means). So in short, you call forth monies from within God's spirit in you, through faith filled words, to sow ( give) in order to get a harvest (receive).

If you have a plot of land (Jesus said the heart is the field, from parable of the sower), and you don't sow (you don't give tithes, prophetic seeds, offerings, etc), your field (heart) will definitely grow weeds (unwanted stuffs like poverty, frustration, envy, disease, etc grows in your life). You'd be rare lucky to have a few beneficial plants like mango,maize, etc probably thrown into your field by passer by (people praying to God to bless you). Worse is the tree/plant is usually few and don't live for long, because they are either uncared for (you still don't wanna change your habit) for short lived..

It's a semi parable , I hope you get it now, if you still don't, we'd have to wait for Jesus' coming, to explain to you himself.

Semi parable o! I didn't say Jesus' parable of the sower is same as my own analogy. I'm not saying Jesus said the seed the sower sowed was likened to monies. This is my own parable o!
Re: All You Need Is Inside You! : Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2013
Joagbaje:
I already answered in my previous post , we are blessed already without condition, but to lay hold on these blessing ,there are principles in Gods kingdom to live by. Worship ,prayer ,giving ,etc are all principle , they don't make us acceptable with God, we are acceptable by the blood of Jesus , we are blessed on the account of his death, but we can be blessed and die in poverty. If a man doesn't exercise faith, if a man doesn't give,if a man doesn't pray , he will miss benefits in God even though it has his name printed on them from heaven.
[

It's like Dangote telling his son; "all my wealth i give to you as inheritance, they are all yours. The will already prepared and signed off. but to lay claim and have access to it, you must do/fulfill the following conditions". The condition to be fulfilled is not the reason for the father passing the wealth to the son. But can we say the inheritance is without a condition? prior to fulfilling those conditions, can the son boast that the father's property is his for the taking? what happens if he is unable to fulfill the conditions? following the reasoning in your post, i will not say we are blessed already, i would rather say we qualify for God's blessings, but to receive the blessings we need to do so & so activities. But this is not even my concern.......

Joagbaje:
Like Jesus, you not only have the God-life to the full,you also received the Spirit without measure (John 3:34); thus, all you need is inside you. What are the good things you desire? Bring them forth from within you with your words! What do you want; what do you need; what do you want to see outside?

.......this is my concern; the fulfilment of the conditions. The bolded above says the fulfillment of the conditions is achieved by me bringing them forth from within with words. He did not say this is just part of the requirement. So if i can get what i want (God's blessings) by bringing forth with my words, why am i still sowing left right and center?

So oga Jo, i don't understand why a pastor will encourage both seed sowing and using the word, unless the pastor needs the money.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Churches That Abuse / My Favourite Christian Song (LMFAO!) / My Faith Turning To An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.