Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Chukwufunanya - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chukwufunanya (8034 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwufunanya by Winnie1950(f): 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
Sorry 4 ur loss. I can relate with this story especially the big fore head thing. Back then in school my class mates used to call me goshi and that I'm always on face cap. Even b4 i became the headgirl i was nicknamed headgirl because of the size of my fore head
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
kingphilip:
wen is d nxt update coming up now
Tomorrow dear,I've been on my feet all day.
Winnie,guess we cn relate den
Re: Chukwufunanya by christejames(m): 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Interesting story but is it fictional or none?
Re: Chukwufunanya by christejames(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
Interesting story but is it fictional or not?
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 19, 2013
I felt like I was floating,everything was white.All of a sudden I started recalling some things that happened in the past,all featuring my dad.
I remembered the day,I ran home from school after taking first position in my class,again. I just busted into the house, and met my parents eating.
"Who dey pursue you?" My mum asked looking concerned
"Nobody" I said calming down a little bit.
"You" She said,going back to her meal
"So,why were you running?" My dad asked? "Have you collected your Report card?"
"Yes sir" I said,trying to school my features,to kill the smile on my face.
"And?" He asked,still eating
"I took 10th position" I said,trying to sound forlorn
"Oh" He didn't look fazed by my admission at all,just stretched out his left hand for me to handover the report card.
He read through it and smiled
"I knew you were just joking,you can't even take 3rd position,remember how you cried when that happened in primary 3 right?"
I did and just smiled at him
"Ok,but 56 in mathematics,is not good enough"
That kinda put a damper in my excitement,that was my dad.He wasn't always concerned about your position in class,it was the score you got in each subject that counted,and I always managed to pass mathematics.
"Nne,if you must be a doctor like you said,or an educated footballer," My mum's eyes threw laser darts at him for that "You must pass mathematics well, inugo?"
I nodded,eager to get on with the other part of my announcement.
"Aunty Tosan said,she was going to get anyone who took first this term,a gift and she got me a Maths set!" I said brandishing my new Mathematics set,complete with ruler and pen et al.....
That memory faded away,as another took its place
"Daddy,Daddy, I got four distinctions" I busted into my Uncle's house,which was close to ours to deliver my news.
I had gone to collect my primary six result that morning.
"Ehen?,is that reason why you can't greet?" My dad chastised me,It was then I looked around and saw my uncle and his wife sitting at the dining table.I greeted them shyly.
"Owele" and "ogene" respectively in my anative dialect and they both responded "Ndo wam"
I stretched my result slip out to my dad and he took it,scanned the content for some minutes,then he beamed at me.
"Adabeke,Adaeze Nnem oooo" I was in 10th heaven by now
"Bia bia bia" I went to him and he carried me on his lap.
"Daddy,the headmistress said I got the best result in the whole of the school, from School 1-School 3" I said happily
"Wonderful!!!" My dad turned to my uncle and his wife who were busy commending me too
"This is my Doctor" He said proudly
"No no no,she'll be an Economist" That was my uncle speaking.
I almost laughed out loud,this was an age long argument,I just basked in the feeling of being on top of the world.The sky couldn't be my limit.
I switched over to another memory,this one happened recently.I had just being given the post of The Headgirl in school and told my dad about it.
The next day he got back from work and called me inside,only for him to give me a brand new Chelsea wristwatch!...I was ecstatic,I was feeling like Lionel Messi when he first won the Best player of the year.Only two students used this kind of watch in my school at the time,it was very expensive then,and I felt really matured as I felt it matched my new position as the school's headgirl.I couldn't wait to wear it to school the next day
I just kept on remembering and remembering,until I was disturbed, somebody was trying to wake me.I tried to get the person to stop,but the person just kept at it
"Ada..Ada,wake up"...The pest kept on shaking me vigorously
"Small small na" That was my Mum's voice
"Nne" I almost fainted again at that,only one person called me by that name;My dad
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 19, 2013
christe james: Interesting story but is it fictional or none?
A mixture of both
Re: Chukwufunanya by soulminister(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
omo eeeee!!! this is a solid anambra/delta-igbo story. that is why I most follow it. not because am from anambra/delta-igbo, but because, if God left me to choose my wife, it is definitely anambra am heading to.
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
^
Thanx dear...Its actually Delta st,bt my ancestors came frm Anambra..When d time comes may God lead u to dat kinda woman dat proverbs brags about
Thanx fr following
Re: Chukwufunanya by Deiok(m): 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ada Nne, bia i dont like the way you'er updating this story ooo. ..
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
Deiok: Ada Nne, bia i dont like the way you'er updating this story ooo. ..
Nnam,its nt intentional oo..Jst dat things r crazy ova here,so I cnt sit to type anything
Biko nu
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 26, 2013
"Ada'm wake up"
I heard my Dad's voice again,but that wasn't possible,he was dead.There was only one logical explanation of why I'm hearing his voice nw;I was dead too!...I screamed.That was when I woke up and saw my mum,dad and Debs looking down at me in surprise.
"But..." That was what I wanted to say pointing at my dad,but I could only croak out what sounded like "B"
"Nanya,Nanya!" I started at Debs voice,I looked at her.
"Your dad is not dead and you are not seeing a ghost,so calm down" She said placing a hand on my back.
"Then,why were you crying and why were those people gathered outside,Nelly also?" I asked looking at my mum
"Its a long story dear,but I'll explain when you get better but for now you need to rest" She said though I could see tears gathering in her eyes again which had me wondering.
I was gonna ask,but Debs anticipated that and pinched me.I looked at her and understood,she didn't want me questioning my mum now,so I decided to drop the topic,till I was stronger.
"I want to drink water" my throat was very dry and I needed something to keep my hands busy else I ould start biting my nails.Before Debs could manage to stand up,my mum told her to stay that she would bring it.
As my mum stood up from my bedside, we heard shouts from outside.My dad and my mum quickly rushed outside to see what was causing the commotion.The next thing I heard was
"Mama Clinton dey faint oooo"
"Mama Clinton dey faint oooo"
I was about to stand up when Debs restrained me
"You are not strong enough"
"But,my mum!" I wanted to scream,but what came out was a squeak.
"She just fainted,nothing serious" Debs said.I wanted to slap her,but the sensible part of me agreed with what she said,it wouldn't do me any good to go out there and faint too cause I was very weak.
"Ok,but please go and find out what's wrong with her" I pleaded
"Ok ok,I'll go but on the condition that you won't move an inch" She said
" Ok,ok.Just go" I said now
I tried to settle down to think,whatever it is that made my mum faint,was the same reason she was crying when I came in from school.I was trying to think of what that could be when Debs rushed in.
"Its ur Aunty,she alive!" She was practically jumping.I was confused what was she saying,of course my aunty was alive.Though I had 4 maternal aunties, the only one I called Aunty without adding her name was my mum's twin sister,Aunty Felicia.
That was when my brain clicked,ok now I understood what had happened.My mum must have gotten news of my aunt's supposed death,and that was the reason for her crying.Well,thank God nobody was dead sha.I couldn't bear the thought of that happening.
"So what of my mum?" I finally asked
"She's ok,just the shock of it all got to her"
"Ok" I muttered,barely awake now
I was trying to keep up with Debs chatter but I couldn't.I fell asleep again.

1 Like

Re: Chukwufunanya by Mynd44: 7:40am On Nov 26, 2013
**Just passing**
Re: Chukwufunanya by kingphilip(m): 7:42am On Nov 26, 2013
Seems i'll start all over again so as to get it
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44: **Just passing**
I got BIG plans fr u,u just wait
Re: Chukwufunanya by Mynd44: 9:43am On Nov 26, 2013
Vickii Ro:
I got BIG plans fr u,u just wait
You talk too much
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
You talk too much
tongue
Mynd_44:
You talk too much
Nd u're jst realising dat?
Hmmm
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 26, 2013
kingphilip: Seems i'll start all over again so as to get it
Sorry dear
Re: Chukwufunanya by Mynd44: 10:31am On Nov 26, 2013
Vickii Ro: tongue
Nd u're jst realising dat?
Hmmm
You need to be kissed grintongue
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 26, 2013
Mynd_44:
embarassed
Mynd_44:
Eh!...Mynd u af spoil finish...
Ngwa stop derailing joor.U knw where we fr dey jam
Re: Chukwufunanya by Deiok(m): 11:00am On Nov 26, 2013
Kinda busy now, I will be reading it later.
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
^
Longest tym dear
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
Just passing *Niger deltan shocked .I like them alot*
Re: Chukwufunanya by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 26, 2013
^
Yimu
Re: Chukwufunanya by Savigne(f): 9:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
Its been ages,I miss you guys sha
Princesa,Deiok,Humbledbygrace,Kingphillip, Christar01,Harddon,Creamish,Shugamania, Tea esq,Obinoscopy et al....
Chukwufunaya's all grown up and will be leaving for UNIBEN nxt year..
Just wish I could complete this story
Maybe someday...

1 Like

Re: Chukwufunanya by HARDDON: 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Savigne:
Princesa,Deiok,Humbledbygrace,Kingphillip, Christar01,Harddon,Creamish,Shugamania, Tea esq,Obinoscopy et al....
Maybe someday...

VRhymes?!
Re: Chukwufunanya by Savigne(f): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
HARDDON:

VRhymes?!
In the E-flesh
Re: Chukwufunanya by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:05am On Nov 13, 2014
Savigne:
Maybe someday...
Why did you become "nobody" without telling us?

Writers block?

Miss you too.

Take all the time you need Adaeze...will be right here when you come back.
Re: Chukwufunanya by Deiok(m): 6:37am On Nov 13, 2014
No problem, vicki. I understand your plight, it is not easy write a story about oneself, most people cant even talk little about themselves.
Anyways i enjoyed it while it lasted.
And congrats, you are now an undergraduate, i wish you all the best on campus. I hope we will get to read a diary on your life in school.
Re: Chukwufunanya by Creamish(f): 7:35am On Nov 13, 2014
Savigne:
Maybe someday...

Miss you too babe. Wish u all d best @school
Re: Chukwufunanya by Savigne(f): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2014
Creamish:

Miss you too babe. Wish u all d best @school
Merci Madame
Re: Chukwufunanya by Savigne(f): 8:38am On Nov 13, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
Why did you become "nobody" without telling us?

Writers block?

Miss you too.

Take all the time you need Adaeze...will be right here when you come back.
I'm ever loyal maam
About the "nobody" somethings happened and I just had to layoff NL for a while so that was the only way I could do it successfully..I'm good now sha
Take care of you

1 Like

Re: Chukwufunanya by Savigne(f): 8:41am On Nov 13, 2014
Deiok:
No problem, vicki. I understand your plight, it is not easy write a story about oneself, most people cant even talk little about themselves.
Anyways i enjoyed it while it lasted.
And congrats, you are now an undergraduate, i wish you all the best on campus. I hope we will get to read a diary on your life in school.
Boss!!!
I couldnt have said it better sha....Anyhow sha,about that school diary...hmmmm..now that's a really good idea...
I'll make sure to pen down all my escapades
Stay cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNVEILED / Without His Approval: A Short Story / THE CRUST: The Apex Of Crudity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.