Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? (1512 Views)

General Idi Amin Of Uganda / Popular Quotes By Idi Amin Of Uganda / White Men Bowing To Idi Amin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by Jayvarley(m): 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
The reason I ask this question is because I recently travelled to the South American country of Guyana.
For those of you who do not know Guyana's population is up made of:

43.5% East Indian
30.2% Black (African)
16.7% Mixed
9.1% Amerindian
0.5% others

I was so shocked by the racism against black people in that country who were there since the start of slavery long before the Indian arrival which was about 175 years ago. Afro-Guyanese are living as second class citizens in their own country that is ruled by an Indian government. So I ask the question can Indians and blacks co-exist? Is the Hindu religion and caste system to blame?
Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by Horus(m): 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
Yes the caste system is to blame. Now know that the caste system stems from Hinduism and their belief system of the lighter the skin the better you are. I think Idi Amin was right.

1 Like

Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by thoth: 2:02am On Aug 24, 2013
Idi Amin and Mugabe were one of those true African leaders that knew what is to be done and did it. Even Indians in South Africa look down on blacks because of their skin. I have been to Trinidad and Tobago and it is the same story.
Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by igbo2011(m): 6:58am On Aug 24, 2013
thoth: Idi Amin and Mugabe were one of those true African leaders that knew what is to be done and did it. Even Indians in South Africa look down on blacks because of their skin. I have been to Trinidad and Tobago and it is the same story.

In trini what do the Indians say?
Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by thoth: 7:21am On Aug 24, 2013
it is just plain racism and a common belief that blacks are inadequate and unintelligent, and that they being lighter skinned than blacks makes them superior.
Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by panafrican(m): 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
He was right, so was Nyerere when he expelled Arabs from his country.
Other thing Kenyans are now on their way to be outnumbered by Indians, and those Indians are racist , at least from what the rest of us hear.

1 Like

Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by panafrican(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
Jayvarley: The reason I ask this question is because I recently travelled to the South American country of Guyana.
For those of you who do not know Guyana's population is up made of:

43.5% East Indian
30.2% Black (African)
16.7% Mixed
9.1% Amerindian
0.5% others

Nigeria could help. There should be a deal allowing at least 30 million Nigerians to go there and the problem would be solved. I really mean it ! grin

2 Likes

Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by Jayvarley(m): 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
panafrican: Nigeria could help. There should be a deal allowing at least 30 million Nigerians to go there and the problem would be solved. I really mean it ! grin

I'm sure it would help. Somehow though I don't think the Indians would be too happy. But anyway Afro-Guyanese
have been unhappy for too long.

Because of the constant racial tension in Guyana the country fails to make economic progress
despite it being rich in natural resources and being home to part of the Amazon rainforest.

Because of this many Indo-Guyanese (Indian Guyanese) have been flocking in their numbers to Barbados to look for work,
and even settle.

Yet they are generally shunned by Barbadians and deported if a reason can be given to get rid of them.
but they always complain about racism and discrimination from Barbadians when they are the ones doing the same thing to Afro-Guyanese.

1 Like

Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by panafrican(m): 4:52am On Aug 25, 2013
Black people are being oppressed all over the world because the suckers in Addis Ababa , Ethiopia are a bunch of crooks only caring about their paychecks at the end of each month. They do not take any bold action at the African Union to address the urgent issues the continent and its diaspora are facing.
Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by thoth: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2013
panafrican: Black people are being oppressed all over the world because the suckers in Addis Ababa , Ethiopia are a bunch of crooks only caring about their paychecks at the end of each month. They do not take any bold action at the African Union to address the urgent issues the continent and its diaspora are facing.
African Union has been hijacked long ago, with the likes of Outtara, Godluck jonathan and other puppet presidents that make up 985 of Africa one should not be suprised.
After Ghadaffi died i think it is only Mugabe that is left.

1 Like

Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by panafrican(m): 5:50am On Aug 26, 2013
thoth:
African Union has been hijacked long ago, with the likes of Outtara, Godluck jonathan and other puppet presidents that make up 985 of Africa one should not be suprised.
True. They are modern slaves out there just acting to please the slave masters.

1 Like

Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by igbo2011(m): 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
thoth:
Afewerki and Bashir as well.
Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by thoth: 8:21am On Aug 27, 2013
igbo2011:
Afewerki and Bashir as well.
Afewerki guy i know little about, Bashir on the other hand is a chinese puppet and one of the worst sort of humans to ever walked the earth. If you are unfortunate enough to be around chinese expats that worked in Sudan tell their tales of Sudan you will feel ashamed to be african.
Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by igbo2011(m): 4:58am On Aug 28, 2013
thoth:
Afewerki guy i know little about, Bashir on the other hand is a chinese puppet and one of the worst sort of humans to ever walked the earth. If you are unfortunate enough to be around chinese expats that worked in Sudan tell their tales of Sudan you will feel ashamed to be african.

What did he do? Can you give me details?
Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by thoth: 8:46am On Aug 28, 2013
igbo2011:

What did he do? Can you give me details?
Sudanese oil export mounts to billions of dollars per year, sudanese people don't see a farding of that revenue, he kills and silences anyone that speaks against him, you will never hear of any kind of dissent in sudan because his supporter of APC guys makes sure it is taken care of at the early stage, the man is a real monster with no human conscience.

There are lots of stories i have heard from many chinese expats that worked in Sudan but i know people will start asking for this and that proof so i rather keep it to myself.
I know the west has abused the term Human Rights in their quest for world hegemony but i reality Sudan is just a killing zone, humans worth nothing there, it is a nation that is kept only for the enrichment of Bashir and his friends.

Bashir himself has undermined african interests on the request of his Arab brothers, he sees himself and his country more as an Arab than as an African, on this i hold no grudge against him, i spent years in morroco so i know how the North Africans think of themselves.

Sudanese themselves don't really see life as you do, the chinese are just reaping the country dry as quickly as they can, it is pure colonialism, they can treat the sudanese like donkeys and Bashir and his guy dare not hear you say anything against the chinese.

If you look at Sudan in the Reality of what Bashir has turned it into then you will rejoice that at least in Nigeria some trickle of the lootings come down to us and at least we can express our grudge.

I have never been the sort to take this kind of stand nor had i been a Humans rights champion since i consider that a sort of scam but after watching some videos in the phones of many of my chinese friends i really felt sorry for Sudanese and for once in my life i felt a little happy that southern SUdan became their own nation albeit a western puppet nation.

1 Like

Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by igbo2011(m): 6:28am On Aug 29, 2013
thoth:
Sudanese oil export mounts to billions of dollars per year, sudanese people don't see a farding of that revenue, he kills and silences anyone that speaks against him, you will never hear of any kind of dissent in sudan because his supporter of APC guys makes sure it is taken care of at the early stage, the man is a real monster with no human conscience.

There are lots of stories i have heard from many chinese expats that worked in Sudan but i know people will start asking for this and that proof so i rather keep it to myself.
I know the west has abused the term Human Rights in their quest for world hegemony but i reality Sudan is just a killing zone, humans worth nothing there, it is a nation that is kept only for the enrichment of Bashir and his friends.

Bashir himself has undermined african interests on the request of his Arab brothers, he sees himself and his country more as an Arab than as an African, on this i hold no grudge against him, i spent years in morroco so i know how the North Africans think of themselves.

Sudanese themselves don't really see life as you do, the chinese are just reaping the country dry as quickly as they can, it is pure colonialism, they can treat the sudanese like donkeys and Bashir and his guy dare not hear you say anything against the chinese.

If you look at Sudan in the Reality of what Bashir has turned it into then you will rejoice that at least in Nigeria some trickle of the lootings come down to us and at least we can express our grudge.

I have never been the sort to take this kind of stand nor had i been a Humans rights champion since i consider that a sort of scam but after watching some videos in the phones of many of my chinese friends i really felt sorry for Sudanese and for once in my life i felt a little happy that southern SUdan became their own nation albeit a western puppet nation.

DO you know Dr Chinweizu Ibekwe? He talked about bashir too

http://www.nathanielturner.com/letterfromchinweizu.htm
Re: Was Idi Amin Right To Expel The Indians?? by thoth: 6:05am On Sep 02, 2013
igbo2011:

DO you know Dr Chinweizu Ibekwe? He talked about bashir too

http://www.nathanielturner.com/letterfromchinweizu.htm
I have read a lot of the Chinweizu, unfortunately very few people has the time to read such writings and the likes that is littered on the like you posted above, such things does not interest majority of Nigerians, yet they would quickly post a reply that would make you shudder and ask if the person is with his senses at all.

(1) (Reply)

The 2016 Ethiopian National Exam For Grade 12 Have Been Stolen / Who Is Ariana Grande? / article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.