Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian (56867 Views)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Chinom(m): 9:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
jennykadry:

It's okay, I know it's all jealousy. We all know you would wish to be an AMERICAN/AUSTRALIAN/CANADIAN OR BRITISH CITIZEN. You might be lukcy one day if only you can get rid of this hate in your heart. kiss

Jesus Christ !! jealous of what. If only you knew. I will not stoop to the level of 'Sagamite' to start telling you about myself. Why on Earth would i wish to be an American, British or Canadian citizen?. Do i sound like somebody who has not visited all those countries you mentioned ?.Many Nigerians with those citizenships are in Nigeria right now working. It's not about obtaining a British Passport, it's about thrashing Nigeria and it's peoples just because you think you are now a British or an American citizen. Most of you guys do that out of a guilt complex. You have this need to explain and justify your British or American passport.
Please save us the agony. Remain a British citizen We won't miss you.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
Chinom: When the cat is away, the mouse will play. They're all comming out now. The bunch of losers the gave that ridiculous post from Afam 166 likes. Go back and read that post again. My position is very simple. IF YOU HATE NIGERIA THAT MUCH, STAY THE F*UCK AWAY. WE DON'T NEED YOU PEOPLE.

You don't need the top people, you only want dunces like you in Nigeria?

And you claim to be patriotic?

Chinom:

Jesus Christ !! jealous of what. If only you knew. I will not stoop to the level of 'Sagamite' to start telling you about myself. Why on Earth would i wish to be an American, British or Canadian citizen?. Do i sound like somebody who has not visited all those countries you mentioned ?.Many Nigerians with those citizenships are in Nigeria right now working. It's not about obtaining a British Passport, it's about thrashing Nigeria and it's peoples just because you think you are now a British or an American citizen. Most of you guys do that out of a guilt complex. You have this need to explain and justify your British or American passport.

Yeah right, you have visited them before. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dem go they claim all kinds of things on the internet. grin
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
Erelu_Y: [size=14pt]Nigerian High Commission Staff members are the same the world over. Dress up monkeys with the most expensive clothing and jewelries in this world, they are still ANIMALS and would eternally behave like subhumans--that's precisely what Nigerian High Commission Officers are.

The last time I was at the Nigerian High Commission Office in London, a lady flew in from Belfast wanting a new passport because only few pages were left unused on her existing passport. She was denied this request and asked to come back when all the pages had been used up. Needless to say she was alarmed and rained abuses and curses upon them. It's a PAIN being a Nigerian in 21st century CE.
[/size]
This is so annoying! Your font!! I had to scroll off as fast as possible.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by gabu4u1(m): 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
There is always one frustration or the other but that is not enof to reject ur fatherland. Make she stay there de think say Canada na heaven. Dem go soon remind am say no black man originate from Canada. Nigeria for life!!!

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by 1forall: 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
jennykadry: ^^^ YOU ARE THE DUMBEST PIECE OF CRAP THAT HAS EVER EMERGED FROM NIGERIA

Touché grin
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by justwise(m): 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
Chinom:

Yes.

4 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Revolva(m): 11:34pm On Aug 25, 2013
grin grin Ol girl come make we tear am together na.....i feel her pains..Naija na heavy bleeped up country
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 11:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
gabu4u1: There is always one frustration or the other but that is not enof to reject ur fatherland. Make she stay there de think say Canada na heaven. Dem go soon remind am say no black man originate from Canada. Nigeria for life!!!

You think they are reetarded in Canada like many of you are in Nigeria.

I bet you to would soon start claiming you have traveled to Canada and you know the West.

Revolva: grin grin Ol girl come make we tear am together na.....i feel her pains..Naija na heavy bleeped up country

The girl grew up and studied in Nigeria before going to Canada for postgrad. She has seen and experienced how sane countries operate and has concluded that Nigeria is a shithole. The cretins that have never left Nigeria will continue with their moronic patriotism! They will be screaming GIIIIIIAAAAAAAAANT OF AFRICA in their reetarded ignorance! grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 26, 2013
Sagamite:

You think they are reetarded in Canada like many of you are in Nigeria.

I bet you to would soon start claiming you have traveled to Canada and you know the West.

[b]The girl grew up and studied in Nigeria before going to Canada for postgrad. [/b]She has seen and experienced how sane countries operate and has concluded that Nigeria is a shithole. The cretins that have never left Nigeria will continue with their moronic patriotism! They will be screaming GIIIIIIAAAAAAAAANT OF AFRICA in their reetarded ignorance! grin grin grin grin grin grin

correction: she didnt.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 26, 2013
i dont understand how simple topics always end up in curses , arguments and cyberwar. smh. it just shows how very Nigerian we all are. Everyone trying to shove each other's opinion down their throats. Well, good thing we all agree that the Embassy at Canada isnt anything to write home about. fini!
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 12:14am On Aug 26, 2013
yinkaGreen:

correction: she didnt.

She definitely did o.

Went to University in Nigeria before crossing over to the USA and then Canada.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by coogar: 12:30am On Aug 26, 2013
yinkaGreen: i dont understand how simple topics always end up in curses , arguments and cyberwar. smh. it just shows how very Nigerian we all are. Everyone trying to shove each other's opinion down their throats. Well, good thing we all agree that the Embassy at Canada isnt anything to write home about. fini!

there's no nigerian embassy you can write home about. they all operate like suya joint. they all have useless staff, useless managers.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by munky(m): 12:58am On Aug 26, 2013
the people castigating the poor woman have not been to the Nigeria house in Manchester UK or the Nigerian High Commission in London. i know burning a passport is extreme, she only said that out of frustration. Truth be told, you dont have to travel far before you face issues that make you wish you were not born a Nigerian. for example, i was at the Oshodi post office to post an important letter, I arrived at the office at some minutes past 2pm and the lady at the desk was busy on the phone, after waiting for like 15 minutes she declared that she has closed and that I should come back the next day.

I feel the lady's pain. i would not tear or burn my passport though.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by BosColeone: 3:01am On Aug 26, 2013
Why does the guy keep asking them to spell their names tho?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by myike2(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2013
Justosaus: she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.
Unfortunately, you're the one who's not okay upstairs. I live in canada and it took me almost 3 months to het my passport renewed. Do you have an iota of the frustration these persons are under? Do you know what it means to spend $300 (about N45,000) just on transportation? I just hope that someday when you are able to carry your brainless self out of the country and you're treated like a piece of trash, you'll understand what these persons are going through

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 26, 2013
^^^^ Don't mind them...goats. Even 300 dollars is nothing compared to over 3000 dollars a man spent to fly himself and his family to the high commission here plus Accomodation only for them to be told that their equipment had been faulty 2 weeks but this man called them just a few days before he left and he was told to come along with his family. These dunces living in Nigeria have no idea what their fellow country people have gone through.

Anyone who lives here knows that it costs more to fly within the country than it does flying to an Asian country and one man spent all that money for nothing...bunch if losers.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 7:38am On Aug 26, 2013
munky: the people castigating the poor woman have not been to the Nigeria house in Manchester UK or the Nigerian High Commission in London. i know burning a passport is extreme, she only said that out of frustration. Truth be told, you dont have to travel far before you face issues that make you wish you were not born a Nigerian. for example, i was at the Oshodi post office to post an important letter, I arrived at the office at some minutes past 2pm and the lady at the desk was busy on the phone, after waiting for like 15 minutes she declared that she has closed and that I should come back the next day.

I feel the lady's pain. i would not tear or burn my passport though.

jennykadry: ^^^^ Don't mind them...goats. Even 300 dollars is nothing compared to over 3000 dollars a man spent to fly himself and his family to the high commission here plus Accomodation only for them to be told that their equipment had been faulty 2 weeks but this man called them just a few days before he left and he was told to come along with his family. These dunces living in Nigeria have no idea what their fellow country people have gone through.

Anyone who lives here knows that it costs more to fly within the country than it does flying to an Asian country and one man spent all that money for nothing...bunch if losers.

Those are the cretins we are suppose to give a job?

Those are the cretinous cheap labour this daft Chinom think are assets?

Those are the cretins, like him, he wants to keep in Nigeria to build it while the sane ones should be barred.

BosColeone: Why does the guy keep asking them to spell their names tho?

Because he is white and he needs to know how to spell the name of the people he is interviewing.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2013
Chinom:

I'm not surprised this utter gabbage you wrote here got 166 likes. The reason is that 95% of Nigerians active here live in the Diaspora, mostly UK, US and Europe. They're all browsing on cheap internet connections.Here in Naija we pay hard for our MBs.
How old are you anyway ?. This comment from you is very juvenile.

A person like this with a poor education and poverty that has affected the nourishment and development of his brain will never get it.

The cretin does not know why he is "paying hard" for his MBs.

Apart from his poverty, it is also because of his government and nation that could not give a shiiit about him as I stated below in an earlier post and the Oyinbo stated by saying Nigerians want 100% of everything. What Nigeria mainly offers is negativity in your life.

Sagamite: Fucktards would sit down screaming and demanding some moronic patriotism when the only thing your country offers you frequently are:

- Financial stress
- Financial loss
- Humiliation
- Reputational damage
- Poor education
- Poor prospects except you are corrupt
- Duress
- Injustice
- Abuse of rights
- Early death
- Frustration
- Incompetence
- Insecurity
- No light

While a country that is not yours would change your life for the better.

Cretins would demand patriotism so that those ruining your lives can continue enjoying it without any opposition and consequence.

Cretinous products of a failed education system.

Girl, burn that passport if you are so inclined!

In GREAT Britain, you will never be paying hard. Why?

1) Because you are richer.

2) Because the government gives a shiiit about you. No company can come and be charging you money anyhow they feel. The government would be on their case. They have set up structures, systems and processes to make life easy, fair and just for its people.

They have set up bodies like the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), the Competition Commission (CC), Office of Communications (Ofcom) and Ombudsman Services (with an office for Telecoms). Note these are examples for the Telecoms industry, other bodies would exist for other industries. With a combination of these bodies, dem no born any company or industry well to think they can just come to GREAT Britain and milk the people. The government would be on their case like hawks and eagles ready to tear them apart. GREAT Britain is not like your Nigerian Shithole where the government officials are probably part of the shareholders telling them to finish you because they want 100%.

3) Apart from government establishments, there will also be numerous Consumer Advocacy bodies (like "Which?" or the Citizens Advice Bureau) arguing for the citizens and pressuring the firms to reduce their charges.

4) The industry body of the firms itself would also be the one telling them to reduce your cost and increase the quality of service because that is the culture.

The difference between GREAT Britain's social philosophy and the shithole called Nigeria is:

"GREAT Britain does everything possible to make its citizens life as easy as possible without breaking capitalism rules too much. Shithole Nigeria does everything possible to make its citizens life as frustrating as possible without breaking human rights laws too much."

But this person is proud of Nigeria. grin

"AHHH, WE ARE GIIIAAAANT OF AFRICA" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cretin!

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by londoner: 8:17am On Aug 26, 2013
I watched th vid....I dont know how anyone can blame the lady or the rest of the people there. I actually welled up watching the vid of the lady. She has been made to suffer.....for no good reason.All she said wa justified and the fact that she will burn her passport is out of frustration, caused by the management of the embassy.

All Nigerian abroad have serious complaints about their embassies. they should be staffed by Nigerians who are citizens of the country that they are operating in.

Generally, Nigerians can not deal with being in a position of power, without abusing it. Especially when it has to do with diasporan Nigerians, they have this "I will,show you" attitude. they have something to prove to you.....Its borne out of insecurity and a little bit of jealousy, I think.

I dont blame the woman at all.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 8:34am On Aug 26, 2013
londoner: I watched th vid....I dont know how anyone can blame the lady or the rest of the people there. I actually welled up watching the vid of the lady. She has been made to suffer.....for no good reason.All she said wa justified and the fact that she will burn her passport is out of frustration, caused by the management of the embassy.

All Nigerian abroad have serious complaints about their embassies. they should be staffed by Nigerians who are citizens of the country that they are operating in.

Generally, Nigerians can not deal with being in a position of power, without abusing it. Especially when it has to do with diasporan Nigerians, they have this "I will,show you" attitude. they have something to prove to you.....Its borne out of insecurity and a little bit of jealousy, I think.

I dont blame the woman at all.

One of the main problems is because we have fucktards like Jonathan running the country.

Fucktards like him and his civil servant, pot-bellied, hippopotamus wife are too incompetent to even think of creating avenues for people to complain about civil servants. As a civil servant, as long as you know you will get away with whatever you do especially relating to customer services (as long as you don't give a bad one to a connected big man/woman) then you (especially if you are a product of a failed education system with little morals like most Nigerians) would take the piss, not give a shiit and treat people like animals.

The times I went to see the Ambassador at the embassy, by the time I came out? Jesus Lord, Father God, my arsse was clean. My arsse had never been that clean before. It was smelling like the rich wife of a Saudi billionaire. Cleaner than the desk of Obama in the Oval office. IT WAS WELL LICKED BY THE EMBASSY STAFF!

Dem see person wey get appointment with Ambassador, wey dey for im dairy, dem liiiiiicked my bum bum. I never knew Nigerians had that much courtesy.

When Nigerians think you have power and can report them, they will up their performance. They will not be abusing their power. But the fucktards like Jonathan that should care about that and see to it, don't give a shiiit because they don't care. They know it would never happen to them and their family. They are Big Men! Just like they know they can always fly to Germany for treatment, they don't have to use the junk hospitals they give Nigerians, so they don't care about improving the standard. But they want and make sure fucktards like Chinom are proud of Nigeria so they face no shame and can always tell their peers abroad that they are performing because Nigerians are happy and proud! grin
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by shilling(f): 8:46am On Aug 26, 2013
I totally understand her frustration. Can't wait till I'm Canadian too, then I'm hiding the green passport.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 26, 2013
Sagamite:
The times I went to see the Ambassador at the embassy, by the time I came out? Jesus Lord, Father God, my arsse was clean. My arsse had never been that clean before. It was smelling like the rich wife of a Saudi billionaire. Cleaner than the desk of Obama in the Oval office. IT WAS WELL LICKED BY THE EMBASSY STAFF!

Buahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahahaha. SAGAMITE LEAVE ME ALONE grin grin
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by readonenaire(m): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2013
Sagamite:

One of the main problems is because we have fucktards like Jonathan running the country.

Fucktards like him and his civil servant, pot-bellied, hippopotamus wife are too incompetent to even think of creating avenues for people to complain about civil servants. As a civil servant, as long as you know you will get away with whatever you do especially relating to customer services (as long as you don't give a bad one to a connected big man/woman) then you (especially if you are a product of a failed education system with little morals like most Nigerians) would take the piss, not give a shiit and treat people like animals.

Dem see person wey get appointment with Ambassador, wey dey for im dairy, dem liiiiiicked my bum bum. I never knew Nigerians had that much courtesy.

When Nigerians think you have power and can report them, they will up their performance. They will not be abusing their power. But the fucktards like Jonathan that should care about that and see to it, don't give a shiiit because they don't care. They know it would never happen to them and their family. They are Big Men! Just like they know they can always fly to Germany for treatment, they don't have to use the junk hospitals they give Nigerians, so they don't care about improving the standard. But they want and make sure fucktards like Chinom are proud of Nigeria so they face no shame and can always tell their peers abroad that they are performing because Nigerians are happy and proud! grin
amazing... Tactical awareness which is now becoming a muscle memory of "good governance"
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Aysuga: 11:59am On Aug 26, 2013
nairalandaddict: People who flew, drove or took the bus to come renew their passports express their frustration at the lack of notice about an office closure. *The girl that said she would tear her NIGERIAN passport,I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE SAID THAT!
Home sweet home my sister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezTuQEDdal0

Click HERE for more gists
check out more entertainment gist HERE
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nokingasgod: 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2013
pharmow: clear throat........ Let truth be told, the attitude Nigeria Embassy workers in Ottawa Canada were very unprofessional and annoying. A friend of my needed his driver's abstract to process Canadian driver license, U wont believe for more than 2 months these people haven't responded. This kinna of story is what you hear when you have anything to do with the Nigerian embassy.

For the lady that said she will tear and burn her passport, I think it is very naive of her to have said that on National TV. Beside, London Ontario to Ottawa is not as far as the dude that came all the way from Calgary.

But 2 months wait for a driver's document is not too long now after all it takes ages for processing one with FRSC! grin
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by meforyou1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
Justosaus: she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.
does she need nigerian passport to get back home? she can be using her canadian passport. that's why she said when she gets the canadian passport.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Freiburger(m): 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
As at 2006 the Nigeria embassy in Berlin was demanding 760euro from Nigerians when they came for renunciation of citizenship, I have no ideal of the current fees at the moment, but i think the tearing and burning of Nigeria pass is a loss to the Nigerian economy. My one kobo.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Olododoagba: 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2013

Your comments tells me a lot that is wrong with my people. Why do you think you can speak for someone else?
Home remains home according to whose judgement? Where is HOME anyway?

Anyone can chose where they call HOME. It's not necessarily the place of your birth, where your heart thrives, and that can be anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Olododoagba: 4:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
nairalandaddict: People who flew, drove or took the bus to come renew their passports express their frustration at the lack of notice about an office closure. *The girl that said she would tear her NIGERIAN passport,I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE SAID THAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezTuQEDdal0

Click HERE for more gists
check out more entertainment gist HERE

Please explain what is mortally wrong with what she said. Burning her passport? Well many people truly feel that way, they only haven't had an opportunity to have it posted on youtube.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
Freiburger: As at 2006 the Nigeria embassy in Berlin was demanding 760euro from Nigerians when they came for renunciation of citizenship, I have no ideal of the current fees at the moment, but i think the tearing and burning of Nigeria pass is a loss to the Nigerian economy. My one kobo.

Trust Nigerian officials to find a way of milking money from people; especially ones they know the Nigerian government will never protect.

I am sure they are sharing a majority of that money.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Freiburger(m): 5:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sagamite:

Trust Nigerian officials to find away of milking money from people especially ones they know the Nigerian government will never protect.

I am sure they are sharing a majority of that money.
for sure hommie.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Hunkyimage(m): 9:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
emma_best2000: She is sick and confused grin

Eeeeyaaaaahhh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Onitsha From First And Second Niger Bridge (photos) / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) / Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.