Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian (56868 Views)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nairalandaddict: 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
People who flew, drove or took the bus to come renew their passports express their frustration at the lack of notice about an office closure. *The girl that said she would tear her NIGERIAN passport,I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE SAID THAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezTuQEDdal0

Click HERE for more gists
check out more entertainment gist HERE

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.

7 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by ilaugh1: 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
who cares?

7 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by badmeat(m): 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
The girl na mumu,
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
it is utterly shameful to be a Nigerian in 2013. I could sense a deep anger and regret for God making that lady a Nigerian. She never asked for it but unfortunately she was placed in a place that have 1diots as leaders. I won't blame her if she burns her Nigerian passport. It's good riddance to bad rubbish.

197 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by souleymon(m): 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
Said that outta frustration.

11 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Konjour(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
The frustration is understandable, Nigeria is frankly a failed state. However, the tearing and burning of the Nigerian passport would be a forthrightly stupid and senseless act. The passport is symbolic, and shouldn't have to bear the brunt of the frustration borne out by the indiscretion of inept leaders.

16 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
I feel her pain. The embassies abroad are a disgrace !! (A disgrace is an understatement) angry

A remember one man who came from northern England and was refuse entrance just because he didn't come on time and he had to go back.

But what she said was out of frustration. I ain't paying for visa. angry

5 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by slimyem: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
No one should blame her jare. She's almost crying while saying it sef though I'm sure she doesn't mean it so. You can say anything when you are that frustrated.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by OCTAVO: 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
Well, 'e no concern me' pay me my N100 before you tear your Nigerian passport! cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Ganny007: 4:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
Na u sabi
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by amanikondo: 4:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
space booked
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by planetuzor(m): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
What's ma business?

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Mozehh: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sad. So sad.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by pharmow: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
clear throat........ Let truth be told, the attitude of Nigeria Embassy workers in Ottawa Canada were very unprofessional and annoying. A friend of my needed his driver's abstract to process Canadian driver license, U wont believe for more than 2 months these people haven't responded. This kinna of story is what you hear when you have anything to do with the Nigerian embassy.

For the lady that said she will tear and burn her passport, I think it is very naive of her to have said that on National TV. Beside, London Ontario to Ottawa is not as far as the dude that came all the way from Calgary.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by amanikondo: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
Konjour: The frustration is understandable, Nigeria is frankly a failed state. However, the tearing and burning of the Nigerian passport would be a forthrightly stupid and senseless act. The passport is symbolic, and shouldn't have to bear the brunt of the frustration borne out by the indiscretion of inept leaders.

What is symbolic in ORDINARY NIGERIAN PASSPORT ?

25 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by paranorman(m): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
Abegi.. I love my country... Dont worry y'all, when i become president, i will change thaings. This i promise...

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by akatonero(m): 4:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
May Nigeria land also reject u!!! That's when u will know that there is no place like home

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by llbhuds: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
Justosaus: she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.

If uv ever been frustrated by nigerian officials abroad... u go follow d girl cry. Sometimes, it can be more profitable to b a stateless citizen dan being a nigerian.
Im not in support of burning d p sha o.

17 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Temismith(f): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by emmabest2000(m): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
She is sick and confused grin

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by duabba: 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
SMH... What if she never becomes a Canadian?!

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by mactoni91(m): 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
Tell An Ibadan Gurl, 'Happi Birthdae'
She'll Be Like: Ah Wish You The Same!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by dipo1: 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
The Nigerian embassy in Ottawa is nothing short of a disgrace. As big as Canada is, people come from the various provinces to get a passport renewal and the quality of service they get is shocking. All my friends who went through the ordeal of renewing their passports will tell you the same thing as this girl is. I hope the service improves

4 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Arsenate(m): 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
Are we supposed to go on our knees and beg her? Mtwcheeee

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Ayomax(m): 4:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
will do dasame thing
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by simplyOJ(m): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
The attitute of most of our embassies abroad is pathetic, that not withstanding, home remains home. I feel your pain young lady, burning the green passport is not the way out, whether you have a canadian or any of its like passport, there would come a time where an action or inaction around you where you are resident will remind you that you are not from there.

16 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Tinkybabe(f): 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2013
It's really sad..and this is peculiar to almost all Nigerian embassies abroad.The one in London is a sorry case, no decorum,good customer service or professionalism..

I feel the lady's pain. I bet most people dissing her didn't watch the video.She obviously said it out of frustration and who wouldn't in her shoes?

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Rexnegro(m): 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
As for me O° I no blame her at all .....Na who this country called naija never tire ? Common if me too get chance to leave mennn I go leave for good...be coming home to come say hello maybe once in 3yrs....

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by gerrardomendes(m): 4:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
Keep d passport. Tear it wen chelsea flog man utd on monday. Dats a beta reason to do dat. Thanks
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by alphaconde(m): 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
If u add a pin to a luggage, it doesn't make it heavier, if you remove it, it wouldnt become lighter. Such is the case of anyone who doesn't want to be a nigerian. Haven't she heard we now do inter state deportation. That's to show we have more than we need.

18 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by vizboy(m): 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
well na you e go still affect. Either way she said it out of frustration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Onitsha From First And Second Niger Bridge (photos) / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) / Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.