Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian (56871 Views)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by abeltolu: 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
This is mere frustration... Presently, Its sad being a Nigerian with all this ZOMBIES leading us.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Dee60: 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
Is Nigeria cursed? Is PDP the curse? Anywhere they are, home and abroad, things just dont work!
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nikdam: 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
Not her fault
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by mu2sa2: 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
Justosaus: she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.
Well said. If she chooses to live a worthless life in her country despite all the opportunities, does she think Canada has anything that will transform her magically?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by iamswizz(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
Justosaus: she's not ok upstairs. No matter where one goes in this world, home remains home.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by kstyle2(m): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
Na 4 her own pocket...as 4 me m proud 2 b a nigerian...a land filld wit d funniest pple alive,a land filld wit sexy chicks,a land whr u can acheive somtyn if u discipline,a land whr u can nail chicks ontop recharge card matter,a land whr gayz r beaten n i luv it dat way,a land whr if u tif blckberry,dem go naked u lynch u but if u steal billions,pastor go tel pple 2 emulate u,a land whr celestial person(no shoes)can b d presidnt,a land whr stanley okoro who was ova 35yrs claimed 2 b 16yrs jst 2 play unda 17,a land whr a nobel price winner is told 2 slug it out against a shippo...i luv my country i no go lie*in otedola daughter's voice
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nijanigga: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
mu2sa2: Well said. If she chooses to live a worthless life in her country despite all the opportunities, does she think Canada has anything that will transform her magically?
She has better opportunities in Canada than a place called home-Nigeria.
"All looters find Nigeria to be a home, but non-looters have no "home" in Nigeria".

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by ayox2003: 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
I cant find words to express my feelings. I'm heart-broken, filled with brobdingnagian hatred, having profound sighs and dolorous groans, sick, melancholic, downcast, etc etc angry

What exactly is wrong with OJO Madueke? Imagine what the Oluwakemi girl said!!! Just putting a notice on their site about changes would have saved them a whole lotta money and stress! Ehn?

When I was thinking I should go back!

[size=28pt] OJO MADUEKE, THE NIGERIAN AMBASSADOR TO CANADA MUST BE SACKED!![/size]

Frawzey

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
SHE IS NOT ALONE
IF I COULD ID DO IT TOO
IF THERE IS A REINCARNATION
I NEVER WANT TO COME BACK AS A NIGERIAN
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
mu2sa2: Well said. If she chooses to live a worthless life in her country despite all the opportunities, does she think Canada has anything that will transform her magically?
you mean stealing and kidnapping?mtchew!!!!
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by sicily4u: 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
too much mama thank you full here, useless peoples
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
k.style:
Na 4 her own pocket...as 4 me m proud 2 b a nigerian...a land filld wit d funniest pple alive,a land filld wit sexy chicks,a land whr u can acheive somtyn if u discipline,a land whr u can nail chicks ontop recharge card matter,a land whr gayz r beaten n i luv it dat way,a land whr if u tif blckberry,dem go naked u lynch u but if u steal billions,pastor go tel pple 2 emulate u,a land whr celestial person(no shoes)can b d presidnt,a land whr stanley okoro who was ova 35yrs claimed 2 b 16yrs jst 2 play unda 17,a land whr a nobel price winner is told 2 slug it out against a shippo...i luv my country i no go lie*in otedola daughter's voice
you should go and be a comedian

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
hahaha. I remember one of my naija friends in the UK. He threw the remains of his shredded Nigerian passport into river thames.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Tijay90(m): 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
I 'ld say the same too...this country does its disastrous best to suffocate a young (wo)man's dreams & aspirations.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Funjosh(m): 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
If she like make she use am poopoo as long as no me my passport.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by obuji: 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
Diasporan:
It's not easy the way u just said it.Even with an American or Canadian passport you will need the Nigerian visa to get into Nigeria.Nobody likes going through that stress.
why is it not easy?? All you have to do is make payment online and mail you passport. After two weeks, you will have your visa mailed back to you.
No stress attached.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by justwise(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2013

Yea..a lot of people to kidnap and money to steal

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
I would tear and burn mine, when I become a Phd holder.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Calebsy07: 5:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nigeria administration is bull shit and lack of professionalis,
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by obuji: 5:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Chikeziehosan: Please if u want to leave Nigeria go...u ar not needed..what av u given to Naija..people who av made impact here don't complain..it's d lazy goats who want to b fed that keep complaining..we are Running 200m..won't it b nice if u jst leave n stop complaining..i assure u...u won't b missed or even noticed @ D likes of Afam n co n generation n lineage.
is understandable why you reason the way you do.
Maybe a little more exposure will help.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by deadie(m): 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
It is really sad that you people are here condemning her because she said she will burn her Nigerian passport. Could you imagine the frustration she is going through? All you mumus that have never stepped out of Nigeria - do you know how much she worked to earn the 300 dollars? Abroad is not like Nigeria where people don't work (part-time or full-time ghost workers) and earn money, or at worst steal from our commonwealth. Moreso, she mentioned being a student and that her dad earns less than 300 dollars a month. She probably has to send money back home to take care of her relatives. She damned has every right to be pissed - and to burn the goddamned passport. When I left the shores of Naija, my intension was to return immediately after concluding my studies. But all that changed the moment I landed at the airport after 3 yrs.

Things has gotten so bad that Nigerians no longer have sympathy with those that are poorly treated by those who are supposed to work for our interest. Channel your outrage to the f00ls who work at the embassy, not at the lady who suffered in their hands. By the way, have a look at the FAQ page (http://www.nigeriaembassygermany.org/faq.htm) of the Nigerian embassy in Germany. The last line reads:

"I am visiting Nigeria for holidays, do I need to take insurance cover?
It is advisable to take insurance cover as Nigeria does not have reciprocal agreement for insurance with the UK."

The f00ls simply copied the line from the Nigerian High commission in london (http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/faq) and could not change UK to Germany. This is a site that is read by thousands of Germans wishing to travel to Nigeria. And may I add how scanty the FAQ page of the Nigerian Embassy in Germany is? I hope you guys who are condemning her experience this kind of frustration from your useless government.

4 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Licensed2Kill(m): 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
home is anywhere u feel most comfortable. Whats the essence of being a nigerian when you cant have anything positive to show for it.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by coogar: 5:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
nairalandaddict: People who flew, drove or took the bus to come renew their passports express their frustration at the lack of notice about an office closure. *The girl that said she would tear her NIGERIAN passport,I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE SAID THAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezTuQEDdal0

the frustration in canada cannot match the nigerian house in london. it's the worst organisation on the face of the planet. i pelted their security with a cup of cappuccino the last time i went there in 2011.

something must be done....

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by juman(m): 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
Mozehh: Sad. So sad.

So sad.

The present government is not good.

Ordinary embassy things, they can't get it right. Too bad.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Youngzedd(m): 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
Well, see what frustration dey cause.

If she tear her Nigerian passport who cares after all it doesn't change the price of G in the market.

No matter ones condition He/She should take it easy. Whites are 1diots.

We Nigerians don't value what we have and that is too bad.

I love 9ja.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by MMotimo: 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
Poor gal, she said her father "does not make $300 in a month" - that made me shed tears, you can see she truly couldn't afford that loss
Here's someone in search of the golden fleece, gone to another man's land to pursue her education, probably under scholarship funding from same university, no bribery, no man know man
Safe to assume she got her admission on the strength of her scholastic abilities and has been diligent about focusing on her education
The one time she needed her country to stand behind her, help with a Naija pasport (with her paying all consular fees of course) because no other country or person can help with that - she loses $300 non-reimburseable smh

As for "intervention" I don't see what a host country can do. That is the power/error of sovereignty, they can't dictate what a country's embassy does undecided If/when the Naija ambassador shows face on this matter, I expect him to come and blame some faceless clerical staff or better still something like "technical difficulties" with the website, and their "Engineers" are "working day and night to fix it."

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
I think that's a bit harsh, every country has had its rough times however ours is self-inflicted, every-time i think of coming back home, people from here and home persuade me from coming back saying stay there for a little while. i can feel her frustration. 2015 is the final straw to know how things will play cuz GEJ is clearly not the solution.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by deadie(m): 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
Youngzedd: OMO! SEE TEETH grin grin grin

I haven't click on the video to watch but the set of teeth am seeing scared me off. Imagine how terrible it is now I haven't watch the video, what if I watch the video, that one na to throw my device away be that.

Well, see what frustration dey cause.

If the tears her Nigeria passport who cares after all it doesn't change the price of G in the market.

Naija is also over populated.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by coogar: 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
pc guru: I think that's a bit harsh, every country has had its rough times however ours is self-inflicted, every-time i think of coming back home, people from here and home persuade me from coming back saying stay there for a little while. i can feel her frustration. 2015 is the final straw to know how things will play cuz GEJ is clearly not the solution.

2025 is a more realistic target.....
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by sakaguchi(m): 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
And they Nigeria High Commissioner there would not be called by Nigeria to explain this impropriety. Hmm! But wait a minute! Na 300 dollars una want denounce nigeria? Common N45,000? Na wa oo, I don loose money pass like that for Naija and I no cry. Ee be like una wey don jand from naija sef no get ego at all, abi na we dey enjoy pass una ne?

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by llug25: 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
I,m very sorry for nigeria, every aspect of our governors are a failures. the same problem happen in the USA. THEY NORMALLY ABADON THE EMBASY FOR THEIR OWN RUN.THE GOVT NEED TO INTERVENE.The same set of people who did not have the interest of Nigeria at heart, they are one the helm of affair_OJO MADUKWE.Nigeria embasy all over the world should run on part-time base, by nigerian living in those countries,bringing staff from nigeria worsen the situation

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
coogar:

2025 is a more realistic target.....

Its very depressing, where i work, a colleague was asking about Nigeria because he said all the Nigerians he has encountered are always brilliant and was shocked about why pple were leaving Nigeria, after hours of explaining the whole corruption,nepotism,strikes, he just looked stunned, because here they complain alot against the govt who provides light,cheap internet tariff, benefits. my brother 2025 is still a long time. frankly am already tired of discussing politics and saying "God dey" cuz those both won't do anything. you'd think a country as religious as ours who have that supposed fear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) / Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos / Onitsha From First And Second Niger Bridge (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.