Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests (4566 Views)

Nigerian AirForce Plane Crashes In Yola, Adamawa State - Sahara Reporters / Nigerian Airforce Drone Strike Shatters Boko Haram Tank (video) / Chadian And Nigerian Airforce Carry Out Airstrikes Against Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by taharqa2: 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2013

Two surveillance Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) unveiled by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) in Kaduna have completed their maiden test flight yesterday.

The vehicles are to tackle insecurity through enhanced air surveillance.
The test flight took place under the close scrutiny of the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh at the Nigerian Air Force Base, Kaduna.
Speaking after the flights of the UAVs and another unmanned jet, the Air chief said the UAVs are invented by the air force while 12 officers are undergoing training on how to operate and assemble the vehicles. He said to have train the 12 officers outside the country, it would have cost the air force $2million to $3million, but are training them in-country and try to develop their capabilities.
According to him, “Foreign firms are asking for millions of dollars to sell these UAVs. We can’t afford that. We have other UAVs” stressing that the air force will develop lighter UAVs. According to him, by October 2013, the NAF is going to unveil some surprising innovations and by January 2014 when the “NAF will celebrate its centennial, there will be a lot to show Nigerians.”
The twelve officers undergoing the UAV training fall within the ranks of Wing Commander and Flying Officer

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/3863-insecurity-naf-completes-two-unmanned-test-flights

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by DrexelMars(f): 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
They are even carrying out unmanned landing and taking off on NNS Aradu.

[img]http://robotstate.files./2011/10/defenseindustry_x47b.jpg[/img]

I got this from Nigerian airforce website.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by bigtt76(f): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
Will someone please correct and tell the Chief of Air Staff that NAF did not invent the UAVs but rather copied an existing technology ...# retardeen
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
bigtt76: Will someone please correct and tell the Chief of Air Staff that NAF did not invent the UAVs but rather copied an existing technology ...# retardeen
there is nothing wrong in copied technology, even the US spy on other countries. Though I doubt that these drones where made here, I would say good job Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by hunter21(m): 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
Drexel Mars: They are even carrying out unmanned landing and taking off on NNS Aradu.

That is not nns aradu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by julioralph(m): 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
Seconded.
I doubt if we have any ship thats capable of taking in an aircraft (no matter how small it is) that has to accelerate when taking off or decelerate when landing.
I think NNS Aradu can only take one chopper.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by taharqa2: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2013
Drexel Mars: They are even carrying out unmanned landing and taking off on NNS Aradu.

lol

Bros, you don eat this morning?
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by HezronLorraine(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2013

That is not NNS Aradu.its a US Aircraft Carrier.The Large UAV in the pics is called The Navy Sea dog.America's largest surveillance Drone.

Don't spread cheap lies,it may be in proposal for the NN to acquire such but we don't have it,though we are expecting a carrier if approved any soon.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by idupaul: 10:54am On Aug 25, 2013

After U would say Nigeria is a backward nation .. Why won't Nigeria be backward when we still have people like U that can't tell that Nigeria has no Aircraft carrier in its fleet and that NNS Aradu is just a large frigate.. Please apologise to this forum for peddling lies

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by solomon111(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2013
Those pictures are from the US and not Nigeria.
So i am quietly expecting pictures from the NAF.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by homerac7: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2013
Lol.

Aradu ko, Aradu ni!

Thats USN newest UAV, Sea/Salt Dog. And the ship is an air-craft carrier which no navy in Africa has. You can see the F-35 jet, which only USAF flies on top left hand corner of the first pix.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2013
lol at this cheap lies.

Using US military pictures to lie lol
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by solomon111(m): 11:41am On Aug 25, 2013
Crassus: lol at this cheap lies.

Using US military pictures to lie lol
Blame the OP for using foreign pics.
The airforce have built a couple of drones before.
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by solomon111(m): 11:43am On Aug 25, 2013
homerac7: Lol.

Aradu ko, Aradu ni!

Thats USN newest UAV, Sea/Salt Dog. And the ship is an air-craft carrier which no navy in Africa has. You can see the F-35 jet, which only USAF flies on top left hand corner of the first pix.
The NAF never mentioned aradu or an air-craft carrier.
The OP sensationalized the report.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by taharqa2: 10:37am On Aug 26, 2013
solomon111: The NAF never mentioned aradu or an air-craft carrier.
The OP sensationalized the report.

Come Bros, I hope you dey see well well this morning.

I am actually the @OP. And apart from the fact I would NEVER attempt the thrash that that Poster did, I actuali lashed him on this thread.

Take ya time grin grin
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by talksankey: 10:51am On Aug 26, 2013
What grass are u on? Hope u have some left
Re: Nigerian Airforce Completes 2 Uavs (drones) And An Unmanned Jet Flight Tests by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 26, 2013
talksankey: What grass are u on? Hope u have some left

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Ignores Britain’s Advice, Moves Truckloads Of Soldiers To The Niger Delta / N’assembly Resumes Plenary Today / Abia MFB: Assembly Uncovers ₦107m Overhead Cost From N200m Received

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.