Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Olamide Vs Ice Prince - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Olamide Vs Ice Prince (5271 Views)

Vector Vs Ice-Prince: Who's More Talented? / Olamide Vs Iceprimce - Whichdo You Prefer? / Olamide Vs Dagrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Godwin978(m): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
OLAMIDE VS ICE PRINCE WHO IS THE MOST TALENTED
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Dubby6(m): 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
baddo baddest guy ever liveth
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Amanyanabo(m): 10:14am On Aug 26, 2013
Iceprince zamani

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Osadhody(m): 10:43am On Aug 26, 2013
As for me its badoo,cos hz one of the luckiest musician
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by princelings(m): 6:50am On Aug 27, 2013
As for me I think is olamide grin grin grin
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
Ice prince and olamide. Na wah o, how una go compare ice and badoo, it's like comparing M.I and phyno, we all know that both of them are good as far as nigeria is concern, but how about the world. In nigerian market, badoo might be making market sells than ice, but what of out side nigerian market, or how do you guys compares them? Awards and global recognitions, ice prince is better, i love badoo more than ice, but badoo isn't better than ice, none of badoo's song has crossed africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by entadaplace: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
tony ayo: Ice prince and olamide. Na wah o, how una go compare ice and badoo, it's like comparing M.I and phyno, we all know that both of them are good as far as nigeria is concern, but how about the world. In nigerian market, badoo might be making market sells than ice, but what of out side nigerian market, or how do you guys compares them? Awards and global recognitions, ice prince is better, i love badoo more than ice, but badoo isn't better than ice, none of badoo's song has crossed africa.

Well said, he does not even rule Nigeria. although Lagos (the south music market) is the biggest in which Olamide is very big there, maybe a little bigger than Ice Prince there.(just a little) but the other two markets too are very big too. The northern Market and Eastern Market Holds Ice Prince in High esteem, while the Yoruba Ngabti of Olamide is rarely tolerated. Ice Prince remains the better of the duo anytime due to the level of success as we cannot compare talents.
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by idpapa2006: 12:57am On Aug 29, 2013
Why do nigerians decieve urself, at the moment olamide is better, cuz presently he is the most featured artiste,and his ybnl album is most sold rap album @ d moment.....music iz nt abt language, while we where dancing to makossa,he was nt speakin english.....nd u sayin international market...der iz no international market outside nigeria,cuz u can neva be better dan rickross,lil wayne,eminem,jayz, nd odaz....itz only nigerians der dat will listen to ur song...all those hype wey una dey see na arrangement from choc city...but olamide is on his own.....most nigeria hip hop fans are here in nigeria....4 nw olamide iz on top...he has featured wit almost all nigeria artiste, nd he nw headline most shows, ice prince waz der b4 bt nt nw.....forget d language, nigerians knw gud music, one ibo man tell me one day say he dnt uunderstand wat olamide iz sayin but d rythem of his song shows he iz makin sense...datz iz simple gud music....

3 Likes

Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by entadaplace: 7:48am On Aug 29, 2013
idpapa2006: Why do nigerians decieve urself, at the moment olamide is better, cuz presently he is the most featured artiste,and his ybnl album is most sold rap album @ d moment.....music iz nt abt language, while we where dancing to makossa,he was nt speakin english.....nd u sayin international market...der iz no international market outside nigeria,cuz u can neva be better dan rickross,lil wayne,eminem,jayz, nd odaz....itz only nigerians der dat will listen to ur song...all those hype wey una dey see na arrangement from choc city...but olamide is on his own.....most nigeria hip hop fans are here in nigeria....4 nw olamide iz on top...he has featured wit almost all nigeria artiste, nd he nw headline most shows, ice prince waz der b4 bt nt nw.....forget d language, nigerians knw gud music, one ibo man tell me one day say he dnt uunderstand wat olamide iz sayin but d rythem of his song shows he iz makin sense...datz iz simple gud music....

You dont understand many things. Outside Nigeria, Iceprince is of course the bigger star. In Nigeria, Let us say Olamide sells N30 in lagos, N10 in the north and N5 in the east (i know they dont really like him there asides the yoruba -igbos, i think you understand that) Iceprince would probably sell N20 in lagos, N15 in the east and probably over N40 in the North. Who sold more eventually. i run a blog www. and i am running a marketing research, so what i am telling you is a confirmed news. Olamide is on top but basically just the lagos market (it is the biggest though).
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 29, 2013
idpapa2006: Why do nigerians decieve urself, at the moment olamide is better, cuz presently he is the most featured artiste,and his ybnl album is most sold rap album @ d moment.....music iz nt abt language, while we where dancing to makossa,he was nt speakin english.....nd u sayin international market...der iz no international market outside nigeria,cuz u can neva be better dan rickross,lil wayne,eminem,jayz, nd odaz....itz only nigerians der dat will listen to ur song...all those hype wey una dey see na arrangement from choc city...but olamide is on his own.....most nigeria hip hop fans are here in nigeria....4 nw olamide iz on top...he has featured wit almost all nigeria artiste, nd he nw headline most shows, ice prince waz der b4 bt nt nw.....forget d language, nigerians knw gud music, one ibo man tell me one day say he dnt uunderstand wat olamide iz sayin but d rythem of his song shows he iz makin sense...datz iz simple gud music....
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 29, 2013
@idpapa. Brother, fame isn't compared with how many people that has featured you, it is compared with the impact u've made, places u've been and awards u've achieved, okay let me ask u: how many people featured michael jackson during his musical peak compared to lil'wayne, but michael is still the all time best. Bros, how we compare international fame is not by album sells, it's how many shows u performed outside africa, have u 4 once heard that badoo has performed outside africa, no. Talking about album, ice has never dropped so u can't use the album as comparison. FYI - ice is paid 3mil per show while badoo is paid 1mil per show. For impactation, ice's aboki, more and v.i.p topped badoo's bend down low, king of the street and st.upid love in nigerian's chart. Going to places, ice has performed in europe and america, but badoo have not crossed africa. Awards, damn... You can't compare, so tell me is badoo better than ice?
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by crazygod(m): 10:23am On Aug 29, 2013
For those writing epistle, you obviously don't understand the point of contention here. The question is not who is more successful but who is better. Obviously, given the same publicity, hype and promotion ice-prince gets, olamide will dust him. Remember the dude has achieved his success without a label. Remove choc-city, ice prince is nothing. But like I said, that's not the point of contention. Olamide is better by all verifications in this rap game than ice prince that doesn't even go beyond one syllable rhyme. There's no comparison. Truth be told, ice prince has refused to improve on his delivery. Raps like a nursery school pupil. I'm not even a fan of olamide, but if both of them decides to rap battle, olamide will skin ice prince alive.

1 Like

Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Fussbot: 10:49am On Aug 29, 2013
tony ayo: @idpapa. Brother, fame isn't compared with how many people that has featured you, it is compared with the impact u've made, places u've been and awards u've achieved, okay let me ask u: how many people featured michael jackson during his musical peak compared to lil'wayne, but michael is still the all time best. Bros, how we compare international fame is not by album sells, it's how many shows u performed outside africa, have u 4 once heard that badoo has performed outside africa, no. Talking about album, ice has never dropped so u can't use the album as comparison. FYI - ice is paid 3mil per show while badoo is paid 1mil per show. For impactation, ice's aboki, more and v.i.p topped badoo's bend down low, king of the street and st.upid love in nigerian's chart. Going to places, ice has performed in europe and america, but badoo have not crossed africa. Awards, damn... You can't compare, so tell me is badoo better than ice?
wia were u wen olamide and dbanj went to perform in miami?avnt u seen his picture with 2chains?he's getting started bro..dey are both good dough
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 29, 2013
@crazygod. Who told that olamide came out with his own label, haven't u heard about coded tunes. And who told u that without c city, ice prince is nothing, that was what they said about jago. If u're not good, u're not good no matter the rec label. About being better, tell me if their's any olamide's song that beats ice prince's oleku in terms of everything. It takes only a biased yoruban to say badoo is better than ice.
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
Fussbot: wia were u wen olamide and dbanj went to perform in miami?avnt u seen his picture with 2chains?he's getting started bro..dey are both good dough
My friend there's a different btw a nigerian artiste concert hosted abroad and an european/american concert that featured african artiste, that show in miami was d'banj's concert. And the reason why d'banj invited badoo was because he wanted to sign badoo to his rec label, which badoo declined.
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by LizB2K(m): 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
ice prince is the topic
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Owobobrown(m): 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
u mean dat guy ice dat read dictionary b4 writing his lyrics
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Ziggyzito(m): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
tony ayo:
My friend there's a different btw a nigerian artiste concert hosted abroad and an european/american concert that featured african artiste, that show in miami was d'banj's concert. And the reason why d'banj invited badoo was because he wanted to sign badoo to his rec label, which badoo declined.
because you were there when he declined it right?? Or when he asked him to join db?
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Fussbot: 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
tony ayo:
naw tel me 1 international concert dat featured african artistes and ice prince performed?
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by airmark(m): 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
tony ayo: Going to places, ice has performed in europe and america, but badoo have not crossed africa.

Typical nairaland hater, he has gone to UK to perform more than twice. Being to malaysia more than twice. US once, yet he has not crossed africa.
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2013
airmark:

Typical nairaland hater, he has gone to UK to perform more than twice. Being to malaysia more than twice. US once, yet he has not crossed africa.
Guy, i like you. U know music, peeps dat dnt knw gets shut down with just a little jigi-jigi. But from ur own perspertive, who's better?
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ziggyzito: because you were there when he declined it right?? Or when he asked him to join db?
Bros, what's ur point? Okay answer this, were u there when good music signed d'banj?
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Fussbot: 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
tony ayo,u no answer ma question ni?hun?
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by kaze4blues(m): 9:37am On Aug 30, 2013
tony ayo: @idpapa. Brother, fame isn't compared with how many people that has featured you, it is compared with the impact u've made, places u've been and awards u've achieved, okay let me ask u: how many people featured michael jackson during his musical peak compared to lil'wayne, but michael is still the all time best. Bros, how we compare international fame is not by album sells, it's how many shows u performed outside africa, have u 4 once heard that badoo has performed outside africa, no. Talking about album, ice has never dropped so u can't use the album as comparison. FYI - ice is paid 3mil per show while badoo is paid 1mil per show. For impactation, ice's aboki, more and v.i.p topped badoo's bend down low, king of the street and st.upid love in nigerian's chart. Going to places, ice has performed in europe and america, but badoo have not crossed africa. Awards, damn... You can't compare, so tell me is badoo better than ice?

U must be a fool...comparing olamide's first of all with iceprince's aboki, more, vip.

Only first of all from olamide flaws the 3 singles u listed from iceprince.
First of all from olamide is like a national anthem when it came out. It even rocks till now.
I don't know if u are the party type but try ask the question from any DJ u knoW

1 Like

Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by kaze4blues(m): 10:04am On Aug 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by jiggaz(m): 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
Well i dont know what the OP is trying to achieve here cos these 2 Rap artistes are not on the same lane. Like someone earlier said, its like comparing MI & Phyno. If u ask me... I will say both artistes are good in their own domain. Olamide is the King of Yoruba Rap. He reigns supreme in Lagos & the South West. And Ice Prince is doing commercial rap and its working for him. BET Awards & others. Olamide is somehow bigger than Ice Prince in Lagos cos Baddo is more street-oriented but outside Nigeria, when u come to the African Mainstream Music Platform, Ice Prince reigns supreme. He's BIG in Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Sierra Leone etc. Virtually all the African countries know Ice Prince cos Oleku was a monster HIT across Africa. Also ''Superstar'', ''Aboki'' , ''More'' & ''VIP'' followed suit. Baddo on the other hand is not BIG in Africa. He might be relatively known in some West African Countries but in East Africa, Central Africa & Southern Africa, he's not known. Maybe with time & effort, he will get there. Dis my write was done through my research of the African Urban Music Scene... And most of my findings were given to me by my media friends in these African countries e.g Radio Presenters & DJs. All in all, Olamide & Ice Prince are talented but they are not on the same lane. My One Naira contribution.

1 Like

Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2013
Fussbot: tony ayo,u no answer ma question ni?hun?
Before i answer ur question bro. Tell me if a Nigerian artiste is invited to an international country to perform, what is it called? Or maybe u do not understand the word: international.
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Godwin978(m): 1:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
i suport my guy olamida he rocks d world olamide raps mor dan ice first of all go down low
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by reason2283: 7:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
funny topic. let me tell you the fiction,myth and fact in this argument. Nigerians are full of tribalism and i see it contributing to our likes and don't likes in our music industry. olamide is a good rapper no doubt but the fact is that he raps in yoruba not hausa,igbo,igala or other tribes am sure you people know their lots of people staying outside lagos that doesn't understand Yoruba, that goes to phyno too "indigenous rappers"
i wonder what olamide would rap if he was forced to rap in English! and i still think Mi would give a spectacular performance if force to sit and write in vernacular. i see no reason from a sensible literate and fact speaking Nigerian, that will say olamide is better than vector not to compare with jesse, ice prince or Mi. am sure you guys shouldn't forget rap started as english and blending it in other language isn't bad though but lets call a spade what it is. comparing Mi to olamide is like comparing a EOD honda to a cLS mercedes because most people knows about you in a particular area dosent make you the best. heres is my list ..... MI, jesse,Dagrin,Vector,zamani ,badoo.... even as a musician korede bello is far better than olamide!
Presently baddo is making waves but i bet you in the next 10 year you wont be able to listen to any of olamides track because they will be dead and irritating in ya hears! but tracks like one million or one naira ft waje, theres another track with another ghanian with Mi "runaway or go away" this are legendary tracks and will last for ever! becos you dont like choc boyz swag dose not mean you shld come here and start spitting dirts like olamide did on stage in the previous hiphop award!
if you say olamide is better than Mi because of your area fan base which is not even well documented!i "we all saw rikado beat olamides closest disciple lil kesh" ... then you should say olamide is better than tuface. Across africa are rappers like Aka and Casper, non of them is close to MI even sakodie knows it! incase you don't know may be should try use a brain boosting drug!!!
Street is taking over lol . hows do you define the street? fadeyi or bariga boys? well i really dont understand what the Bleep baddo is talking about because i don't see anything spectacular in all this ybnl thing even the kunle gold is like a fake china product that is getting attention from fake people abi whats the noise about him ? have you guys forgotten styl plus ni or what? thats good R&B and i guess we should be expecting something better not saying Unilag is better than Harvard. i guess someday one of this real talented boys will bring home a Grammy and thats where the story ends.
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by manuel80(m): 10:37pm On Feb 18, 2016
Osadhody:
As for me its badoo,cos hz one of the luckiest musician
lucky doesn't mean talent.. be specific
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Tmercy(m): 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ice prince and olamide. Na wah o, how una go compare ice and badoo, it's like comparing M.I and phyno, we all know that both of them are good as far as nigeria is concern, but how about the world. In nigerian market, badoo might be making market sells than ice, but what of out side nigerian market, or how do you guys compares them? Awards and global recognitions, ice prince is better, i love badoo more than ice, but badoo isn't better than ice, none of badoo's song has crossed africa.
I'm still waiting for ice's sold out show in Malay 1, UK, Yankee 3,n shutting down Lagos.
Re: Olamide Vs Ice Prince by Tmercy(m): 2:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
reason2283:
funny topic. let me tell you the fiction,myth and fact in this argument. Nigerians are full of tribalism and i see it contributing to our likes and don't likes in our music industry. olamide is a good rapper no doubt but the fact is that he raps in yoruba not hausa,igbo,igala or other tribes am sure you people know their lots of people staying outside lagos that doesn't understand Yoruba, that goes to phyno too "indigenous rappers"
i wonder what olamide would rap if he was forced to rap in English! and i still think Mi would give a spectacular performance if force to sit and write in vernacular. i see no reason from a sensible literate and fact speaking Nigerian, that will say olamide is better than vector not to compare with jesse, ice prince or Mi. am sure you guys shouldn't forget rap started as english and blending it in other language isn't bad though but lets call a spade what it is. comparing Mi to olamide is like comparing a EOD honda to a cLS mercedes because most people knows about you in a particular area dosent make you the best. heres is my list ..... MI, jesse,Dagrin,Vector,zamani ,badoo.... even as a musician korede bello is far better than olamide!
Presently baddo is making waves but i bet you in the next 10 year you wont be able to listen to any of olamides track because they will be dead and irritating in ya hears! but tracks like one million or one naira ft waje, theres another track with another ghanian with Mi "runaway or go away" this are legendary tracks and will last for ever! becos you dont like choc boyz swag dose not mean you shld come here and start spitting dirts like olamide did on stage in the previous hiphop award!
if you say olamide is better than Mi because of your area fan base which is not even well documented!i "we all saw rikado beat olamides closest disciple lil kesh" ... then you should say olamide is better than tuface. Across africa are rappers like Aka and Casper, non of them is close to MI even sakodie knows it! incase you don't know may be should try use a brain boosting drug!!!
Street is taking over lol . hows do you define the street? fadeyi or bariga boys? well i really dont understand what the Bleep baddo is talking about because i don't see anything spectacular in all this ybnl thing even the kunle gold is like a fake china product that is getting attention from fake people abi whats the noise about him ? have you guys forgotten styl plus ni or what? thats good R&B and i guess we should be expecting something better not saying Unilag is better than Harvard. i guess someday one of this real talented boys will bring home a Grammy and thats where the story ends.
5 years ain't a joke, I mean sold out albums the guys u mention above even respect is talent n work rate u can visit dere page n c ow dey acknowledge it. Wake up bro

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: 2baba Ft Peruzzi - Amaka / MIXTAPE: DJ Scode – Best Of Qdot / N6 Ft. Iyanya - Get Wild (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.