Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

- Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (4014 Views)

For Married Peps Only: A Favourite Pastime Between You And Your Boo / Does Anyone Have An Answer To This? / Husbands With " Honey Have You Seen : " Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
Lol Anderson Cooper converted me oh.
Crazy but simple and loving family.
No airs, no pretence, just one happy simple red neck family.
Hubby pretends but he watches too, They are real abeg.
But very dirty, she threw supergetting on the wall, took it back and put it on the wall

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: by Sissie(f): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
I watch it too, Alana is a character on her own. I liked her after watching her on toddlers and tiaras.
But they need to learn etiquette and cleanliness.
Re: by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: by SisiKill1: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
Can I beg you ladies join me as members of the HBB defense league on yahoo frontpage? cheesy cheesy

Honestly we need more defenders because sometimes it seems no one else sees beyond the lack of aesthetic beauty (for lack of a better word) for the happy family they are.

It quite dishertening that people will pick the pretentious and lack of depthiness (totally made up word) of the Kardeshians over this family. The Shannon-Thompson family is a far better representation of the average family out there which revels not in wealth but love, understanding and support.

In an ideal world, these are the qualities which should be celebrated but since we live in an effed up world, we have to contend with the vain glorifying of a family whose entire fortune is based on sex tape.

(Ehm...errr...I hope it is not obvious I have spent way too much time thinking about this?) cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2013
Honey boo boo what? I dislike that show with passion. I stopped my girls from watching TLC toddlers & tiaras too...

Y'all really believe that fake show? Its like getting sucked into ABC Bachelor/Bachelorette.... You should watch Chelsea lately and her cohost (s) destroy mama bear whatever , hilarious but sickening ... thinking bout it makes me sick.

And I'll pick the KKs over them anytime.
Re: by Sissie(f): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
chaircover:

wow I didnt know she was on toddlers and tiaras. Ive only watched it once and it didnt sit well with me at all.

Her performance on toddlers and tiaras was what made TLC give her, her own show.
She's so confident.
Re: by Sissie(f): 9:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
I watch KUWTK, but you can't compare them. Kardashian is what sells and they are bunch of fake people, but people like them because they are superficial, pretty and all, which is appealing. But HBB are real people.

mama June refused the new house they bought for them and said she was saving the money for their college fund. She still does couponing.

Here comes honey boo boo child. LOL
Re: by Sissie(f): 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
Am not a big advocate of toddlers and tiaras but I still watch it anyway.
Re: by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sissie: I watch KUWTK, but you can't compare them. Kardashian is what sells and they are bunch of fake people, but people like them because they are superficial, pretty and all, which is appealing. But HBB are real people.

mama June refused the new house they bought for them and said she was saving the money for their college fund. She still does couponing.

Here comes honey boo boo child. LOL
I have never watched HBB but I have watched KUWTK, but from what I have ready about mama June and Kris J, Mama June is the better parent, while Kris J is concerned only with the $ bills
Re: by Nobody: 3:35am On Aug 26, 2013
I can't watch reality shows except it's one of those singing shows. undecided Jeez they are borrrriiinnggggggg! I bump into them when I visit friends and you're forced to watch. Kardashians o, honey boo boo o, all suck! So it's you people that keep them on air? tongue tongue lol. I feel like spanking all of you. Lol.
Re: by dayokanu(m): 5:05am On Aug 26, 2013
Is it similar to Koto Orun by Yekini Ajileye

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 26, 2013
In this horribly superficial world they are fresh and real.
This is how normal people live not with "perfect hair" "perfect clothes" driving flahsy cars.
With money money money and more money as their focus.
People should seek to be HAPPY first, confident in who they are and share with loved ones the little they have.
No airs, no fakeness, no my range rover is bigger than yours syndrome.
That child is one of the most confident, self assured girls I have ever seen, she doesn't go hiding in her closet for being chubby as most girls now do.

She was rasied in love and has the assurance of real family love and security, that to me is worth more than any mansion, big cars, fake hair and fake body parts

3 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 26, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Can I beg you ladies join me as members of the HBB defense league on yahoo frontpage? cheesy cheesy

Honestly we need more defenders because sometimes it seems no one else sees beyond the lack of aesthetic beauty (for lack of a better word) for the happy family they are.

It quite dishertening that people will pick the pretentious and lack of depthiness (totally made up word) of the Kardeshians over this family. The Shannon-Thompson family is a far better representation of the average family out there which revels not in wealth but love, understanding and support.

In an ideal world, these are the qualities which should be celebrated but since we live in an effed up world, we have to contend with the vain glorifying of a family whose entire fortune is based on sex tape.

(Ehm...errr...I hope it is not obvious I have spent way too much time thinking about this?) cheesy cheesy

Lol Sisi Fan Club President, are you collecting signatures too? Hehehehehehehee, Someone has had too much honey boo boo child.
Anderson Cooper is totally obsessed am sure between the 2 of you it will be a fight to finish for fan club president.
Re: by slimyem: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2013
dayokanu: Is it similar to Koto Orun by Yekini Ajileye
Its actually similar to Arelu by Hubert Ogunde. cool
Re: by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: by damiso(f): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2013
;DI really get bored watching reality shows,even KUWK(which I started watching when my mother yes my Alh grin grin grin ;Dmother initiated me)I fall asleep.I record all my tv shows cos I am quite conscious of what I watch when the kids are awake,I just find myself waking up with a stiff neck or hubby telling me to go upstairs when I try to watch them. Will try to watch Honey boo boo and see if I don't fall asleep.As an aside I absolutely hate toddlers and tiaras.I hate the whole concept behind it
Re: by ciphoenix: 10:05am On Aug 26, 2013
Only saw it's inception
Re: by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2013
Lmao @ some comments.

Why am I surprised? , Most Nigerians are bunch of haters and enemies of progress ... poverty is a yardstick to measure humbleness, cuteness and realness ....Very bright thinking isn't it. grin

#dont look too flashy oh, people will focus on you... just wear Ankara skirt&blouse with no jewelries.

That's just me thinking out loud.

3 Likes

Re: by Sissie(f): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
jidegirl12: Lmao @ some comments.

Why am I surprised? , Most Nigerians are bunch of haters and enemies of progress ... poverty is a yardstick to measure humbleness, cuteness and realness ....Very bright thinking isn't it. grin

#dont look too flashy oh, people will focus on you... just wear Ankara skirt&blouse with no jewelries.

Money here isn't the issue, one can be poor and superficial, you can be rich and humble.
Dressing well is different from being superficial. Kutwk is superficial, some of the house wives reality series are superficial.
Just so you know due to the success of HBB those people are not suffering from poverty, like I said mama June refused the new house because she felt the community she lives in is a close one, the Christmas episode showed this, they organized an event, the community had fun and they raised money for charity. If theres no publicity involved Kardashians won't go organising charity.

Wendy Williams Invited mama June and Alana for interview but mama June declined because she didn't want Alana to miss school, Alana has more confidence than most kids her age,no one says the family is cute but they are real. if you look beyond the disgusting dirty habits you will see the family values,
In kutwk the kids have no respect for Kris j, she obviously favors Kim over the rest and even she said it, in kutwk you hardly see them with no makeup, they live for camera, and then come and complain about how paparazzi don't leave them alone, ehmmm that's what they wanted.

Kutwk is fun to watch, but you will be surprised at the ratings of HBB.

3 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Story story oh.
Re: by SisiKill1: 2:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
Jeeeedus! All we poverty stricken, enemyy of progress, jeloxing people...you can't take us nowhere sha.

This our yamayama behavior so deep seated musto come out even on the interwebs where no one knows jackshite about us and even care for that matter. Haba naa! Even our choice of reality show reveals our low classy selves. Ah! We need serious headwashing...honestly.

Abeg where are the awon yeeyee oohs? We need some heavy chanting to start the ijile headwashing ooh. embarassed embarassed cheesy

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Jeeeedus! All we poverty stricken, enemyy of progress, jeloxing people...you can't take us nowhere sha.

This our yamayama behavior so deep seated musto come out even on the interwebs where no one knows jackshite about us and even care for that matter. Haba naa! Even our choice of reality show reveals our low classy selves. Ah! We need serious headwashing...honestly.

Abeg where are the awon yeeyee oohs? We need some heavy chanting to start the ijile headwashing ooh. embarassed embarassed cheesy

Lmao! grin

Abeg don't let all those yeye's wash your head o, before they turn your better brain to mush! Lols.
Re: by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
And the tales continues.. grin

Re: by damiso(f): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2013

Jidegirl but you will agree that KUWTK is superficial, its not the fact that they have money or anything, I dont knock anyone's hustle,i even think they are smart business women building fortune from just being famous.But even khloe and kourtney sometimes agree that Kim is too superficial.Scott Disick literarily makes me feel like sleeping.In short I often sleep when the scenes are Kourtney and Scott house.
Re: by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2013

Come here you noodle

Thank you

Re: by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Jeeeedus! All we poverty stricken, enemyy of progress, jeloxing people...you can't take us nowhere sha.

Lol. Haven't I missed you.....
Re: by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
Dami with all due respect ... I'm DONE with this useless discourse tete grin

Oh except to finish up my countdown if only the 'our' #1 will get it over with already with the blastoff piece. grin
Re: by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Chillisauce:

Come here you noodle

Thank you

kiss kiss kiss
Re: by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
What is wrong with kuwtk? Are we all not like them?
R we not superficial too?
I read comments here on family section and at times I ask whether some of us do number 2 like others.
Nigerians r d most superficial humans in d face of the universe and yet we r condemning a family that knows how to manipulate the public and get their pay.
Some of us watch them to get d latest in fashion too.
Let's let them be. Its their life, their show. U don't like it,don't watch
Re: by damiso(f): 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
jidegirl12: Dami with all due respect ... I'm DONE with this useless discourse tete grin

Oh except to finish up my countdown if only the 'our' #1 will get it over with already with the blastoff piece. grin

Jide you need to send me a dictionary to sometimes understand what your on about grin grin grin grin grin who is no 1 and blast off piece grin grin grin

yellowpawpaw: What is wrong with kuwtk? Are we all not like them?
R we not superficial too?
I read comments here on family section and at times I ask whether some of us do number 2 like others.
Nigerians r d most superficial humans in d face of the universe and yet we r condemning a family that knows how to manipulate the public and get their pay.
Some of us watch them to get d latest in fashion too.
Let's let them be. Its their life, their show. U don't like it,don't watch

Of course we know Nigerians are superficial, I think the point people were trying to make is that HBB shows an alternative to the reality we get from KUWT.Life is not all about how you look outside or being always concerned about what the media or world thinks about you.Besides the point was not even about wealth or lack of it per se but values.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex And Consent In Marriage / My children will not start school until 4 or 5 years old / Clearance Sales - Smartwatches For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.