Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

Evidence For Truth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evidence For Truth (774 Views)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / Why There Can't Be Evidence For God / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2008
Real truth is knowable.  Truth is truth wherever it is found.  It is not relative.  While we each have unique, subjective realities there is an absolute, objective truth that is obvious to everyone.  Click on the link below to discover the evidence for truth

http://www.icr.org/truth/
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2008
Truth is not what you work for.  It is not a concept that you can attain, but a Person and you can only obtain this Truth by asking Him to come and dwell within you. Do you have Truth personally dwelling within you?

A student once asked his teacher that he wanted to know how to find God, the wise teacher told him to follow him to the river and as they stepped into the river they began to go deeper until the student had to tip toe to be able to keep his nose above the waters, thoughts began to cross his mind that "does his teacher mean he has to die before he can find God" and just as the student was about to drown the wise teacher rescued him from the waters and brought him back to the shore.  The teacher then asked him what was the greatest need that he desired at the point of drowning, the student replied that air was his greatest need.  The teacher smiled and said that "the moment you genuinely and sincerely desired to know God the way you desired air that God will reveal Himself to you".  John 14:21

Jesus said I am the Way, I am the Truth and the Life and no one cometh to the Father, but by me.   John 14:6,16-17; 1:14; 8:31-32.
Re: Evidence For Truth by rashmud(m): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2008
Pls i need the msn trick
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2008
The words of a wise man.

2 great facts in all generations are:
- Of the making of books there is no end;
- Much study is weariness of the flesh;

3 important truths in Scripture
- The whole duty of man is to fear God (Eccl.12:13)
- To keep His commandments
- To prepare for eternity, in view of the fact that every work of man will be brought into judgment, even every secret thing, whether it be good or bad. (Eccl.12:14; Matt.16:27; 2Cor.5:9-10; Rev.20:11-15)
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Sep 25, 2010
His Truth
September 25, 2010

"And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the Lord led me to the house of my master's brethren" (Genesis 24:27)

This verse contains the heart-warming prayer of Abraham's servant when he realized God had led him to the home of Isaac's future bride.  It also contains the first mention in the Bible of the word "truth."  Illustrating the principle of first mention, it is significant that the truth of which it speaks is the truth of God.  Scientists and educators today profess to be searching for truth, and many religions and philosophies profess to have the truth, but all true truth is of God!  To look for it anywhere else is to be "ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (2 Timothy 3:7).

Similarly, the first mention of "truth." in the New Testament is Matthew 14:33: "Then they that were in the ship came and worshiped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God." Truth is found in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit.  "When he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth" (John 16:13).

The Holy Scriptures are made up of truth.  "Sanctify them through thy truth," prayed the Lord Jesus, "thy word is truth" (John 17:17).  "Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth" (Psalm 119:142).

On the other hand, everything that is false (that is, contrary to the tri-une God and/or His inerrant Word) must have its ultimate source in the enemy of truth, Satan, "which deceiveth the whole world" (Revelation 12:9), "for he is a liar, and the father of it" (John 8:44).

The Lord's "mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations" (Psalm 100:5), but "all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death" (Revelation 21:cool. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Evidence For Truth by Jenwitemi(m): 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2010
This "wise man" does subscribe to ignorance, then. How wise can a man be who subscribes to the state of ignorance?
OLAADEGBU:

The words of a wise man.

2 great facts in all generations are:
- Of the making of books there is no end;
- Much study is weariness of the flesh;

I am glad that you said that, "this is the truth of the "scriütures" ". They are "truths" limited only to the scriptures and they do not,in any way, represent the universal, absolute truth.
OLAADEGBU:

3 important truths in Scripture
- The whole duty of man is to fear God (Eccl.12:13)
- To keep His commandments
- To prepare for eternity, in view of the fact that every work of man will be brought into judgment, even every secret thing, whether it be good or bad. (Eccl.12:14; Matt.16:27; 2Cor.5:9-10; Rev.20:11-15)
Re: Evidence For Truth by Jenwitemi(m): 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2010
A truth is a "person"? Only a slowpoke would believe that. But then, you are a religious scout looking for morons to ensnare in the mental web of religious dogma. Keep on keeping on.
OLAADEGBU:

[b]Truth is not what you work for.  It is not a concept that you can attain, but a Person [/b]and you can only obtain this Truth by asking Him to come and dwell within you. Do you have Truth personally dwelling within you?
Re: Evidence For Truth by UyiIredia(m): 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2010
@ Jenwetemi >>> by all means, do tell me what the absolute truth is >>> also clarify your term: ", 'truths' limited to the scriptures, "
Re: Evidence For Truth by UyiIredia(m): 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2010
Jenwitemi:

A truth is a "person"? Only a slowpoke would believe that. But then, you are a religious scout looking for morons to ensnare in the mental web of religious dogma. Keep on keeping on.

a simple syllogistic argument to elucidate OLAADEGBU's statement

>>> a being 'is'
>>> truth 'is'
>>> therefore truth is a being

a little stretching of your mentality would enable you see reason in my argument
Re: Evidence For Truth by Jenwitemi(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2010
What a load of bumkum. Are you trying to sound logical with that drivel?
Uyi Iredia:

a simple syllogistic argument to elucidate OLAADEGBU's statement

>>> a being 'is'
>>> truth 'is'
>>> therefore truth is a being

a little stretching of your mentality would enable you see reason in my argument
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Can you see where you exposed yourself? I said Truth is a Person and not a concept but what you saw was that "a truth is a person" and if this is the so called intelligence atheists boast of then I am not surprised. This is why seeing through opaque glasses would not allow you to see the light of the day.

You will never attain truth by working for it because Truth is not a concept but a Person. Those who have the right spectacles would see the evidence of this in the Truth Book starting from John 1:14;

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

"For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ" -- John 1:17

"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed in Him, If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." -- John 8:31,32

Can you see Jesus' affirmation here? He didn't leave it open for man's interpretation.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." -- John 14:6

And if you want to know why you do not have the truth, read what Jesus had to say:

"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you." -- John 14:15-17

The question is, do you have the Truth dwelling in you?
Re: Evidence For Truth by Jenwitemi(m): 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2010
So, what's the difference? "A truth is a PERSON", or "Truth is a Person". What exactly is the difference? No matter how you dice it, you are still saying the same thing. You can use this kind of word play to dazzle your moronic victims, but not me, fella.

Truth is neither a person nor a concept. Truth is truth. It is self- evident. It is what it is. And the only way to get to the truth is through self-evolution and not through beliefs in some figures of worship like Jesus or whatever.
OLAADEGBU:

Can you see where you exposed yourself? I said Truth is a Person and not a concept but what you saw was that "a truth is a person" and if this is the so called intelligence atheists boast of then I am not surprised. This is why seeing through opaque glasses would not allow you to see the light of the day.

You will never attain truth by working for it because Truth is not a concept but a Person. Those who have the right spectacles would see the evidence of this in the Truth Book starting from John 1:14;
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
Jenwitemi:

So, what's the difference? "A truth is a PERSON", or "Truth is a Person". What exactly is the difference? No matter how you dice it, you are still saying the same thing. You can use this kind of word play to dazzle your moronic victims, but not me, fella.

Truth is neither a person nor a concept. Truth is truth. It is self- evident. It is what it is. And the only way to get to the truth is through self-evolution and not through beliefs in some figures of worship like Jesus or whatever.

You can't see the difference with those glasses you wear.  As soon as you have the Truth living inside you at that moment you will know the truth and the truth will made you free.

Re: Evidence For Truth by Jenwitemi(m): 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2010
Right. Your "truth" - which you are entitled to - will not make you free, but rather ensnare you. If your "truth" is really that, why are you straining so hard to convince people? Why is it taking so much effort? Only lies being posited as the truth requires so much effort. Truth, in it's true nature, is self-evident. It takes far less effort to convince due to that very nature. Thanks for the offer, though, but i don't want that kind of "truth".
OLAADEGBU:

You can't see the difference with those glasses you wear.  As soon as you have the Truth living inside you at that moment you will know the truth and the truth will made you free.
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Right. Your "truth" - which you are entitled to - will not make you free, but rather ensnare you. If your "truth" is really that, why are you straining so hard to convince people? Why is it taking so much effort? Only lies being posited as the truth requires so much effort. Truth, in it's true nature, is self-evident. It takes far less effort to convince due to that very nature. Thanks for the offer, though, but i don't want that kind of "truth".

What effort are you talking about? It's a matter of the choice you decide to make. How can I force you to make a choice when you have already made your mind up? Those who seek for the truth would find it when they seek for it diligently. The chance of convincing a person born blind to appreciate the colour red is between slim and none, and slim has long gone out of town. Your only chance of appreciating this truth is when you become metamorphosised from the caterpillar in the cartoon above to the butterfly and only then would you be able to see the light and the Daystar in your heart appear.
Re: Evidence For Truth by Jenwitemi(m): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2010
A matter of choice, yes, but with the way you are going about it, it is not a matter of choice, but a matter of THE choice according dictated by YOU.
OLAADEGBU:

What effort are you talking about?  It's a matter of the choice you decide to make.

I have, indeed, just like you have.
OLAADEGBU:

How can I force you to make a choice when you have already made your mind up? 

Everybody is seeking for the truth in their own way and they will all find it, in their own way. Freedom to search for the truth without someone else imposing their own "truth" is extremely important. Imposition of your own truth is what you are doing, right now.
OLAADEGBU:

Those who seek for the truth would find it when they seek for it diligently. 

There goes that desire to impose your own "truth" again. Anyone who does not follow your own "truth" is a person born blind and can't see the color red. May i remind you that we are all blind and that is why we are all searching. You do not own the truth, olaadegbu, even if you like to think that you do. You can only create your own version as you go along based on whatever data you have to work with. Something that you are entitled to, of course.
OLAADEGBU:

The chance of convincing a person born blind to appreciate the colour red is between slim and none, and slim has long gone out of town. 
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30am On Sep 30, 2010
Jenwitemi:

A matter of choice, yes, but with the way you are going about it, it is not a matter of choice, but a matter of THE choice according dictated by YOU.

Even the One who created you will not impose a choice on you against your will, He gives you the freedom to make your own choice but He gives the opportunity to make your own choices.

Jenwitemi:

I have, indeed, just like you have.

If your approach is 'my mind is made up don't confuse me with the facts' then there is little or nothing anyone can do to convince you contrarywise. I do not know all the facts and that's why I have faith, you too don't know all the facts hence you have faith in certain presuppositions but the difference is that I know the One who knows all the facts and that makes my faith in His written Word and living Word certain.

Jenwitemi:

Everybody is seeking for the truth in their own way and they will all find it, in their own way. Freedom to search for the truth without someone else imposing their own "truth" is extremely important. Imposition of your own truth is what you are doing, right now.

Like I said before I don't impose any truth on you, all I can do is to show you the way to the Truth that leads to Life, and it is up to you to make your own choice as your decision will determine your destiny.

Jenwitemi:

There goes that desire to impose your own "truth" again. Anyone who does not follow your own "truth" is a person born blind and can't see the color red. May i remind you that we are all blind and that is why we are all searching. You do not own the truth, olaadegbu, even if you like to think that you do. You can only create your own version as you go along based on whatever data you have to work with. Something that you are entitled to, of course.

The truth that you know will set you free, if it has not set you free from the blindness that the god of this world has inflicted on mankind then that should tell you that what you see as truth is not truth but fantasy.
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2010
Taught by the Word
September 30, 2010

"Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end" (Psalm 119:33)

This eight-verse section (vv. 33-40) closely parallels a similar passage in Proverbs 2:1-5. Both focus on being taught, gaining understanding, and keeping "the way" of God's Word.

Certainly worth noting is the manner in which the psalmist asked to "go in the path of thy commandments" (v. 35). In every case, the request is for God's hand to control the process. There is no indication that the psalmist assumed the capability of finding these truths on his own.

"Teach me, O LORD" (v. 33).
"Give me understanding" (v. 34).
"Make me to go" (v. 35).
"Incline my heart" (v. 36).
"Turn away my eyes from beholding vanity" (v. 37).
"Stablish thy word" (v. 38).
"Turn away my reproach" (v. 39).
"Quicken me in thy righteousness" (v. 40).

However, having prayed for God's intervention and oversight in his life, the psalmist promised to act on the given insight and order his life around "the way" so illumined by God's instructions. He acknowledged his "delight" and his "longing" in the holy life and character revealed in the Scriptures and, like the Proverbs 2 passage, showed a willingness of the spiritual consciousness of his heart and mind to "understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:5).

May our prayer always be like this: "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Sep 30, 2010
Re: Evidence For Truth by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
Blind Faith vs Real Faith

(1) (Reply)

On Ignorance And Superstitions / A Broken Brother Needs Your Encouragements / Who Is The Almighty God To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.