Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village (22476 Views)

Ademola Fashola Gushes Over His Girlfriend (pics) / African Union Taps Buhari To Lead Anti-corruption Fight In Africa. / Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by MAYOWAAK: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
Operatives of the Inspector General of Police, Special Taskforce on Pipeline Vandalism, Kogi State Sector are on the trail of a landlord identified only as Mallam Mohammed after a well filled with crude oil was discovered in his compound located at Gegu, Koton Karafi Local Government area of Kogi State.

It was learnt that the compound is located about 30 metres from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation pipeline in the area. The landlord was said to have escaped as soon as he learnt that policemen were on his premises.

Also discovered were several overhead tanks that belonged to one Alhaji Suleiman Mohammed who owns a pure water factory in the area.

Police told Saturday PUNCH that Suleiman insisted that he woke up and discovered that all his overhead tanks were filled with crude oil.

Our correspondent learnt that residents had lined up to fetch water when crude oil started gushing out of the tap.

Residents were said to have started struggling to fetch the crude oil before the police stormed the area.

Assistant Commissioner of Police, Friday Ibadin, who is in-charge of the taskforce, said on August 22, 2013, he got an intelligence report that some individuals were carting away gallons of crude oil from a village in Kogi state.

He said, “Policemen led by Kogi Sector Commander, Dawn Eremie, stormed the premises and discovered a well filled with crude oil as well as empty kegs littered in the compound. The owner of the house disappeared while his wife who was met compound claimed that they discovered that their well was filled with crude oil. She admitted that they made attempts to scoop the oil in a bid to get clean water for domestic use.

“In the course of investigation, it was also discovered that the nearby pure water factory which belongs to one Alhaji Suleiman Mohammed had crude oil filled in its tank. Investigation is ongoing while we are still on the trail of the owner of the house who is currently at large.

http://www.punchng.com/news/crude-oil-gushes-out-of-taps-in-kogi-village/
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Dejohnbull: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Wonderful, naija no dey carry last.
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by globalaid(m): 6:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
news without picture

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Rexsul: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
sighns of end time sad

wow 3rd 2 comment as d topic gets 2 front page.....so happy *feel like jumping in2 river ocean nw*
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
Omo, suppose say na me get those tanks of crude oil?
Hmmmmmmm!

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by citizenY(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
crude oil abi refined proguct>?

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Nebeuwa(m): 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2013
Now the people from Kogi can stop bothering Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by OluwaDrey(m): 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
Busted! Truth is,the mallam is not alone on this...he has "ogas at the top" in alliance with him.btw,that Sulieman is a funny liar

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by imperiouxx(m): 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
[size=15pt]Hmmmmm! Pinshure oooo! I no dey beleaf![/size]

No so dem say coldroom fish turned human being in Ibadan some months ago, come ear later say na lie! Say na john the octopus pikin! angry
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Lilchilz(m): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2013
mtschewww....petroleum aby dirty water....those people wey see am qet eye problem:: abeq next jawe

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by crystalballs: 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2013
c money....
which kain country be dis....what a waste.
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Ask4bigneyo(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wow.. Where r my jerrycans?
Owo ti de?
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by jamesibor: 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
globalaid: news without picture
.....means it didn't happen.
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Okijajuju1(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hahahahahaaaa

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Tunsbobo(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
As if this is news, I've had crude oil gushing out of my taps since 1998

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Stunner1(f): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by nijanigga: 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2013
Rexsul: sighns of end time sad
With these kinds of spelling, you're a subject of end times indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by emmadejust(m): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
the profit of the land belong to
all.abeg make them no go scare away future owner of oil well.Who know whether is the hand of God ....
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2013
Look @ this scenario
One of the bad things that poverty has done to the brains of some Nigerians. Last Bullet: The man decided to v a mini refinery. Now, he ll run, run, run but can never run past Terry G cos he ll n
ot want to run mad!

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by palugycolina(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2013
d guys house is 30 miles away from nnpc..meaning he is taping from one of the flow lines..kogiiiiiiii

Naija delta oil ohh
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Chillypelly(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2013
Tunsbobo: As if this is news, I've had crude oil gushing out of my taps since 1998

Send me your full address ebi like say the post me come your local government for Housemanship:/cheesysmiley
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Rexsul: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
nijanigga:
With these kinds of spelling, you're a subject of end times indeed.
different spellns for d word on my head.....correct me plz embarassed
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by frudokafor(m): 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2013
Its funny how many of the people that commented above, dont have the slightest idea of what crude oil and the news reported.
Pheeewww!!!

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by YoshiMaster: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thieves!
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
The rate at which demen.ted kids posts jargons on this forum is a threat to its future.

5 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by imsuboi(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
Signs of endtime cheesy
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by imsuboi(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
acidosis™:
The rate at which demen.ted kids posts jargons on this forum is a threat to its future.

so true
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
end time tinx
Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
palugy colina: d guys house is 30 miles away from nnpc..meaning he is taping from one of the flow lines..kogiiiiiiii

Naija delta oil ohh

A classical example of the demen.ted kids I talked about in my previous post.

We have so many of them on this forum.. & I find it very difficult to post reasonable comments as they seem to have a very low I.Q and a pitiable quantitative ability to understand any reasonable statement..

Their presence drives away wise men..

I pity the future of Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Fazhy: 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2013
In the course of investigation, it was also discovered that the nearby pure water factory which belongs to one Alhaji Suleiman Mohammed had crude oil filled in its tank

grin

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by kunlesehan(m): 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2013
I'm off to the airport. kogi here I come o! ... lol

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village by Brimmie(m): 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
I Dey Cum!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019 Election : If We Lose In The Election, We Will Go Home And Rest - Amaechi / Goodluck Jonathan, King Turner Visit Ben Murray-Bruce Over Mum's Death (Photos) / 2023 Governorship Elections: ICIR Fact Checks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.