Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss (1049 Views)

The New EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Magu, 7 Things You Need To Know About Him / Buhari Sends Second Batch Of Ministerial List To The Senate (PIX / Buhari Submits Ministerial List To The Senate - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by chidichris(m): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2008
with her promise to step on toes of many, i would want to suggest that she shld instead step on the heads on the folloing as many in the past had stepped on toes;
1. Tony annenih - over the state of our raods and several unaccounted billions given to him by obj's administration
2. bode george - over the inconclusive inquiries of ribadu in the nigerian ports authorities
3. atiku abubaka - ptdf and the mysterious joint accounts
4. andy uba - over the usa money luandry via presidential jet
a touch on any of the above mentioned four will lead nigeria and nigerians to the hidden places of the last administration while an over-look of the four will amount to the same practice of leaving object for shadow.

do u have names to add to this?
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by jaybee3(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2008
Wats the main purpose of EFCC? Is it mainly probe corrupt practices during previous regimes or make sure present regime acts according to the strict guidelines/procedures laid out by the FG.
I know which one I'd prefer as people (efcc and other govt agencies) wasting valuable time/resources on probes that will probably not lead to any reasonable conclusion will continue to hurt the country.
What good does it bring when news of an ex president,minister's past deed gets published, we all know most of this people are probably 2 powerful to be prosecuted and brought to books. The real thieves will continue to roam the street and get applauded/celebrated any day/time in dat wonderful country called Nigeria.

We need a solid system that deals with current issues and establishes a stringent forward ideas/thoughts so as to make our great nation better for the unborn childrens and younger generation.
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by MethodMan3(m): 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2008
1) Michael Aondoaka

2) James Ibori

3) Sani Yerima

4) Funsho Kupolokun (NNPC)

5) Iyabo Obasanjo
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by blacksta(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2008
1. GANI
2, AKALA
3, ABACHA WIFE AND CHILDREN
4, JIDE KOSOKO
5, BABA SUWE
6, JIM IYKE
7, OMO BANKE
8, ALUWE
9, I GO DIE
10, I GO SAVE
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by Truequest(m): 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2008
blacksta:

1. GANI
2, AKALA
4, JIDE KOSOKO
5, BABA SUWE
6, JIM IYKE
7, OMO BANKE
8, ALUWE
9, I GO DIE
10, I GO SAVE

Comical I must say
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2008
blacksta:

1. GANI
2, AKALA
4, JIDE KOSOKO
5, BABA SUWE
6, JIM IYKE
7, OMO BANKE
8, ALUWE
9, I GO DIE
10, I GO SAVE

lol
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2008
We need a solid system that deals with current issues and establishes a stringent forward ideas/thoughts so as to make our great nation better for the unborn childrens and younger generation.
Thank you for this sensible post.

The question is: what have you done for me lately?
Rehashing has done nothing for Nigeria, but wasted money and time. Therefore, no need to continue to probe the satans, we all know who they are and what they did. infact some of them are still in our system today designing our constitution. So, why do we continue to fool ourselves?

Too many are Too corrupt for Too long is the main reason why it is impossible to successfully prosecute any of these folks. They are all linked to one another from the bottom to the top (this is also why the role of a sincere/ dedicated president in Nigeria is very frustrating).

So, why can't we try something different for a change?

WAZIRI is just another body to fill a position for few years with really nothing to accomplish because her job is already well designed for her. And I can guarantee you with confidence that she can not and will not solve corruption problems in Nigeria; even if she wants to, the system that we currently have wouldn't permit her.

Again, the only solution is:

[b]Putting together a group of 50 independent delegates from everywhere in Nigeria, with substantial clearances. Their job is to identify each and every government official that stole from 1980 through 2007.
For a successful outcome, names of these individuals (the thieves) will be made confidential. How much each stole will also be determined.

Each individual will be privately contacted; based on how much individual stole, money to be returned back to Nigeria Federal Government will be determined. All identified corrupt individuals have an option to return specified amount of money with absolutely no question or face uncompromising punishment.
Deadline to return this specified amount of money will also be specified.

After the expiration of the deadline, all individual that cooperated will be pardoned immediately by the Federal Government; while the names of the rest that refused to cooperate will be revealed to the public and they will also be severely punished (eg. 20 years in federal prison and all their accumulated properties will be confiscated by the Federal Government).

Finally, our Constitution will be reviewed and revised.
From Oct 30, 2008,  any individual caught engaging in any corruption activities (regardless of the scale) will be executed at his or her home town.

After dropping 2 or 3 people at their various home towns, the message would be immediately heard all across Nigeria.
And Guys: That would be the end of corruption in Nigeria; and new Nigeria will be born in a very short period.[/b]

Anything else represents a waste of time, trust me!

Fact: Instead of changing the system,  our leaders are more focused on changing people (all for the sake of their own selfish benefit).
You can not change people, you can only change the constitution, which would indirectly change the system. Changing the system would leave people with no other choice but to adjust their ways.
Also keep in mind that once the system changes, the same system would also affect the leaders; I think this is one of the reasons why they (leaders) prefer to continue to fool us by trying to change people instead of the system.

Don't be a big fool, you can go ahead and list names from today till the middle of 2030, nothing would come out of it if the system is not changed for better.
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by bilymuse: 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2008
Umaru Musa Yaradua
let him account for how a lecturer suddenly become a billionaire.

Goodluck
we all know were the money comes from

Babangida
even my illiterate grandmother in the village, could easily get him convicted in a court of law.

Abdulsalami
He literarily empty the treasury when leaving

Abacha
dont speak ill of the dead. his buddies say his a saint.

Obasanjo
the kettle who call the pot black

Do l need to go further, alluta continua[i][/i]
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by chidichris(m): 4:44pm On Jun 11, 2008
jay-bee,
u are right in a way but let me remind u that if the system cannot do anything to an ex -ruler, there is practically nothing the system can do to someone with powers.
as it, presidents and govs(incumbent) have imunity in nigeria and what that means is that he cannot be arrested or be taken to court.
the idea of efcc is to threat the mess of the ex-rulers and thereby discourage the intending offenders as they could be made to know that the rich also cry.
what do u think about all the ex-rulers in many countries of the world who at the end of the day face world court in hague for one offence or the other.
if the experience of alams and tafa balogun were of genuie intentions, do u think others will not learn from that.
in all we need prayers but there is a need for the possible submission of these names as one day will surely change the history of nigeria.
avenues like this can lead us to the promise land because no one could believe that Jesus could come from nazzarate.
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by NigEclipse(m): 5:56am On Jun 12, 2008
Obj, Iyabo Obasanjo, James Ibori, George Akume, Sam Egwu, Michael Aondoaka, IBB, and the list goes on and on.
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by jaybee3(m): 6:13am On Jun 12, 2008
@ chidichris
chidichris:

jay-bee,
u are right in a way but let me remind u that if the system cannot do anything to an ex -ruler, there is practically nothing the system can do to someone with powers.
as it, presidents and govs(incumbent) have imunity in nigeria and what that means is that he cannot be arrested or be taken to court.
the idea of efcc is to threat the mess of the ex-rulers and thereby discourage the intending offenders as they could be made to know that the rich also cry.
what do u think about all the ex-rulers in many countries of the world who at the end of the day face world court in hague for one offence or the other.
if the experience of alams and tafa balogun were of genuie intentions, do u think others will not learn from that.
in all we need prayers but there is a need for the possible submission of these names as one day will surely change the history of nigeria.
avenues like this can lead us to the promise land because no one could believe that Jesus could come from nazzarate.

All the system have to do is impeach (we have seen this happen before) then prosecute.  If it's true EFCC was established to chase ex-rulers about then they have been absolutely set up to fail. OK we might not be able to establish some of bigb1's stance on ways 2 deter govt officials from looting public's purse but drafting good policies into law will probably find a brilliant middle ground that will eventually provide a solid platform in which we can start that painful journey.

On the issue of ex-rulers that are facing world court in hague, the court only treats war crimes not internal (embezzlement, fraud against it's own people, massive looting) crimes.

Another food for thought, so how the heck are the new prospective politicians/public office holders supposed to be deterred from looting when they know that they will only be held accountable after enjoying the ill gotten wealth. The effects of looting/embezzlement affect the mMassesimmediately so i don't see any point naming and shaming after 4 or  5 years when we all know just doing that little will probably not remove an inch from there respective bodies. This people don't have any shame and they have been blinded by the rich life (100 houses, 50 cars, 10 billion in accts) govt officials craves in Nigeria.

A way forward for me is a system in place that dedetersuch wicked acts.
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by eyecandy(f): 6:26am On Jun 12, 2008
[size=50pt]SAM EGWU[/size]  angry   ask him how did he acquire so much wealth to a point where he's now a multi millionaire after being the governor of ebonyi state? maybe sam egwu has been cloned, because this same sam egwu could not afford the gas cap of an old mercedes benz when he was a lecturer at ebonyi state university, let alone be able to afford the most luxury cars a bushman can only dream of.
Re: My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss by Sara1981(f): 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2008
SAM EGWU ask him how did he acquire so much wealth to a point where he's now a multi millionaire after being the governor of ebonyi state? maybe sam egwu has been cloned, because this same sam egwu could not afford the gas cap of an old mercedes benz when he was a lecturer at ebonyi state university, let alone be able to afford the most luxury cars a bushman can only dream of.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi Prevaricates: Yar'adua Absence Has No Impact On The Economy / Why Ijaws And Igbos Must Unite / How Delta State Helped Ibori's Ascot To Acquire Wilbros

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.