Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans (40024 Views)

How To Obtain Student Loans In Nigeria Through Skye Bank / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Olastep1(m): 10:11am On Aug 27, 2013
The Nigerian Government has decided to break off negotiation with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) over what it called the infiltration of the union by the opposition to discredit the government.

SaharaReporters gathered that as the committee set up by the Nigerian government to negotiate with the union gave a verdict of non-compromise on the part of the union and 'security report' of the infiltration of the opposition, it decided to break the negotiation.

It was revealed that the committee had reported to the government that the union had remained 'rigid and unbending' to suggestions on how to agree on some of the issues it was agitating for so as to end the strike which had entered its ninth week.

The committee had told the government that the union leaders were arrogant and selfish as their interest was paramount to that of their students who had been at home all this while.

The government after the report told the committee members that it had fresh security report that the union's stance on the lingering crisis in the education sector was as a result of the opposition's infiltration into the union.

It said the opposition wants to portray the government as irrational and uncaring to the plight of the lecturers and their students as well as present the government in bad light to Nigerians and the international community.

The government in breaking the negotiation has decided to fund individual student's education as it is done in advanced countries.

As a way of making nonsense of the industrial action by ASUU, SaharaReporters gathered that the government plans to introduce loans to the students throughout their period in the university so as to cushion the effect of the financial hardship on the students.

The government expects the students to re-pay the loans after graduation provided they get jobs of their choice. It however could not be ascertained how the loan to the students would compel the lecturers to call off the strike.

The National President of ASUU, Dr. Nasir Fagee, had last week during a press conference at the University of Lagos, Nigeria said the union had pulled out of the negotiation between the union and the Nigerian government citing insincerity as reason for its decision, adding that the union would not call off its strike until the agreement the government signed with the union in 2009 is honoured.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerian-government-break-negotiations-striking-university-professors-claims-ASUU-has-been

www.facebook.com/olastepunlimited

4 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by dryakson(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
OMG. When is this seasonal film ending?..... It is getting more interesting

3 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by dryakson(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
OMG. When is this seasonal film ending?..... It is getting more interesting......... Patiently waiting for another episode

2 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Lanrefahm(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2013
Propaganda

4 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by adbaba(m): 10:43am On Aug 27, 2013
Who dey decieve who?.na now day break!.so they have this agenda all this while and many privileges a Nigerian student is entitled of...FG no serious,abeg make them go park well!

1 Like

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by olalekan1(m): 11:15am On Aug 27, 2013
Sooner or later this will be the solution. I have said it before and will continue to say it. Student loan is the solution, it will allow for competition among universities. School can increase their school fees to the maximum but only interested student will apply. #mouthsealed for now

2 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Lilpeco007(m): 11:16am On Aug 27, 2013
FG don dey mad abi??

3 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Kx: 11:20am On Aug 27, 2013
When the loan funds their education with no job on graduation who pays back the loan?

Secondly, will the student teach his/her self?

Propaganda imo.

17 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Supermajor(m): 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
Dis a wrlkom development o!!!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Emmy9ite(m): 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
Season 3, episode 4. Watch ASUU strikers in cinemas near you.

On a serious note; Students loan won't compel ASUU to cease the strike. FG should pay what they owe ASUU. I can't work for you and you ask me to renegotiate my pay after my work . it doesn't happen anywhere in the world.

1 Like

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by esunnex: 12:56pm On Aug 27, 2013
Make ASUU suspend dis strike once jare FG no fit gree for dem no 4gt january2012 durin subsidy time na FG won @last

5 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Olastep1(m): 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
Lol
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by lisbabe(f): 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2013
FG is simply displaying its frustration nd seekn empathy 4rm d students. Introducing Student Loan 2 d situatn can't put an end 2 d Stike.

8 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
smiley No matter what ASUU or FG does, I MAY GRADUATE THIS YEAR IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN!
I don talk my own, what abt u??

10 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by 3ace(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2013
The committee had told the government that the union leaders were arrogant and selfish as their interest was paramount to that of their students who had been at home all this while.
Foolish people. You are always saying that the lecturers are only concerned about their own interest at the expense of the students. The question is why have you too not honoured the agreement you entered into in 2009? Did you sign the agreement under duress? If na wetin go benefits all dis useless politicians, dem go find a way to approve am. Nonsense!

17 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by kunlekunle: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2013
olalekan1: Sooner or later this will be the solution. I have said it before and will continue to say it. Student loan is the solution, it will allow for competition among universities. School can increase their school fees to the maximum but only interested student will apply. #mouthsealed for now

b4 graduation u might be on 2m naira loan. no job guarantee
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by WizPrince1(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
chai ASUU..
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Benite: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
see them

3 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Big4wig(m): 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
*Reads finish* then spits on FG...*calls woman selling AGEGE BREAD*...buys coke

PLUGS IN EARPHONE *skelewu tins*

#F*CK FG jor

1 Like

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by momodub: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2013
if you ask me
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Emmy3(m): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
What should I even say again?
FG, ASUU is not enemy, na ur employee....
You can deal with them when they demostate incumbency & absolute power to frustrate students not this way na....
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Donmams(m): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
Where are those GEJ laptop goons? Is this part of your oga's transformation agenda? Oya oya come and defend your paymaster
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by oladistinct(m): 3:37pm On Aug 27, 2013
waiting for the next script and who is going to skip the scene
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by nerodenero: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
The government after the report told the committee members that it had fresh security report that the union's stance on the lingering crisis in the education sector was as a result of the opposition's infiltration into the union
This excuse is not tenable at all.
Lanrefahm: Propaganda
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by 4reigningqueen: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
ok oooo
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by spenca: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
Okay now does this affect the pressure group's plight? ,FG (Fraudulent government) what you dont understand is that you have to end a race before you can embark another.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
So what if at the end of their schooling..they aren't able to repay . Is Nigeria a country where Ur certificate guarantees that u'll get a Job . . Cos I don't understand

1 Like

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Fadelex(m): 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2013
irresponsible government will always blame d opposition for all it's inadequacies. was it d opposition that signed d agreement back in 2009? no... were you hypnotized when you signed d agreement? no... then as an honourable government, do d right thing by honouring d agreement u made... that simply shows your dubious character, you signed an agreement knowing you won't honour it.. Abeg stop trading blame and do d right thing

4 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by 3ace(m): 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
How would this student loan work sef? In a country where there are no jobs? How do you expect them to pay back. I trust some students; they will just be using the money to flex except the money is paid directly into the school's account for educational purpose. I know what the FG wants to achieve with this student's loan. They want to expose the lecturers and show the whole world that the lecturers are only concerned about their interest.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by ZN2: 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
The bigger question would be "How long this 'planning' would talk.

Both parties ought to have come to agreeable terms by now, too bad for the Students.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
Kai! I feel so enraged. Well its not FG's fault, they take the masses for fools and know we'll take every sh*t they throw @ us even propaganda.

FG is now looking for CHEAP support from the masses and trying to paint ASUU black using old skool tactics (infiltration by opposition). That was how they claimed fuel subsidy removal protest had been hijacked by opposition.

They really don't know ASUU is filled with intelligent folks.

Provide LOANS? A ma se nkan o! This GEJ administration is the WORST of all. Its a synergy of Clueless + Corruption!

I suggest everyone comes out boldly to support ASUU, its now FG vs. Nigerians in every matter.

FG is filled with Terrible, Careless, Greedy and Useless Thieves! angry

18 Likes

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Uchexxy(m): 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2013
Student loan ke? Baba jonathan abeg pay ASUU der money den any other "helping" initiative is welcome. But make una hold d strike yet ooo. Me neva ready go bak skol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

People With Incredible Bodies Featured In The Guinness World Records / Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG / UNIZIK Defers Award For Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.