Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime (18302 Views)

Countdown To US Military Strike On Syria: Assad’s Chemicals Killed 1,429 Syrians / Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Aljazeera English- American War Movies Are Military Propoganda. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
uzoexcel: Iam going to speak objectively here...I have an issue with America always been on the forefront of liberalision of coUntries with conflicts as i feel they sometimes have dubious agendas but usually one cant blame them IMO...For all the US wrongdoings, i would rather have them as the world police/superpower than china/russia as they seem to have better conscience than the aforementioned countries.he syria war has been going on for ages but not one of the so-called world powers/anti american countries stepped in to resolve the conflict... The Arab league of nations middle eastern countries which should have stepped up and resolved this issue were just barking toothlessly..Not one of the middle eastern countries did anything while thousands of syrian's were killed....And if i was Obama, i would call out China!!lemme explain...china wants to be a superpower but in crises like this they are no where to be found or are always hiding behind the back of russia..The chinese are conscienceless and would never do anything to help...So it looks quite hypocritical when America wanna steps in 3 years after the conflict began and everyone is suddenly shouting 'anti-american' protests.Where were all these countries since
you should learn the first thing about been a super power, a super power acts first and foremost in its own interest. To claim nobody did anything about the conflict is untrue unless you have been ignorant of the delegations that has been sent there.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
NO LONG TIN: I have 2 things to add in this argument

1. To the person claiming the Syrian people don't want Assad, on what evidence do u base ur claim??

I believe they don't want him because of the protest that was stage which lead to this war, because Assad sent his men to kill them (protesters) and also it's a know fact the Army are deflecting in large numbers to the rebels .

2. Rebels or terrorist don't have access to WMD (Sarin or chemical weapons in this case), if they did, I'm sure it won't be 'wasted' in Syria as Assad wants us to believe, instead it will be used by al queida in terrorizing the world.

N. B. For those supporting Assad’s claim that the rebels used chemical weapons, you should ask yourself this question? Why haven't other rebels in other countries used chemical weapons?
i only have one request for you. Tell me how al quaeda attained its present terrorist status.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by uzoexcel(m): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
and what had been the result of all the negotiations over the last 3 years since the war began
Ubenedictus: you should learn the first thing about been a super power, a super power acts first and foremost in its own interest. To claim nobody did anything about the conflict is untrue unless you have been ignorant of the delegations that has been sent there.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by JuanDeDios: 8:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Anybody that thinks Russia or China will bomb the USA when the the USA bombs Syria must be in international politics primary one! No such thing will happen. Iran will not bomb Israel either - their current president is not as mad as Ahmadinejad. But Syria may bomb Israel and that can really turn things messy - but it will hasten Assad's exit since Netanyahu may not show the same restraints as America.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
I support it with everything in me. I wish USA strikes before talking. I have had enough of too much talks with this barbaric regime of Al Asad. Action speaks louder than words, they say.
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by lawizle(m): 10:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Tgirl4real: I support it100%.

Se you don't want the world to end ni. grin

These are prophecies being fulfilled.

Make America attack, Russia retaliate, everything turn to yam-pepper, scatter, scatter. lol

Seriously, if that happens, we are in for a showdown.

"I see the Son of man coming in the cloud of heaven..."

Come Lord Jesus! smiley

Yur so funny and I like d@..add me up pls...283c6f4e..thanx!
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 1:40am On Sep 06, 2013
NO LONG TIN: I have 2 things to add in this argument

1. To the person claiming the Syrian people don't want Assad, on what evidence do u base ur claim??

I believe they don't want him because of the protest that was stage which lead to this war - because Assad sent his men to kill them (protesters) and also it's a know fact the Army are deflecting in large numbers to the rebels .

2. Rebels or terrorist don't have access to WMD (Sarin or chemical weapons in this case), if they did, I'm sure it won't be 'wasted' in Syria as Assad wants us to believe, instead it will be used by al queida in terrorizing the world.

N. B. For those supporting Assad’s claim that the rebels used chemical weapons, you should ask yourself this question? Why haven't other rebels in other countries used chemical weapons?

The Syrian Rebels admitted they have chemical weapons including Sarin Gas long before this issue, The US denied supplying them the weapons but later admitted openly of supplying them chemical weapons stating it was for the sake of deterrence, while that does not make sense the Assad regime can give a comprehensible stock of their chemical stockpile while the rebels can't.
The rebels have also admitted using chemical gas but the western media choose to ignore it, then mysteriously after a while they retracted their former statement and the US drummed it up against the Syrian Government.

http://www.infowars.com/rebels-admit-responsibility-for-chemical-weapons-attack/

http://www.examiner.com/article/breaking-news-rebels-admit-gas-attack-result-of-mishandling-chemical-weapons

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 1:43am On Sep 06, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

Are you aware it was a peaceful protests until Assad sent his men to kill the protesters, that how it degenerated to this, so if you want to blame someone leave America out of it and stop this your propaganda!!

The protest in Syria was an extension of the Arab Spring, unlike the Egyptian president who decided to step down to protect his country, Assad decided to attack/kill the protesters. Are you going to feed Me the propaganda that the Americans started/funded the Arab Spring??

There were no protest in Syria, there were an invasion by foreign fighters supported by local reactionaries and Funded by Foreign interests.

Can you show just a single evidence that Assad sent people to kill protesters ?
Can you show a single evidence that there were peaceful protests in Syria prior to the Outbreak ?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Underground: 1:46am On Sep 06, 2013
3 Sep 2013

[size=24pt]Bandar Bush and the Syrian Subversion[/size]
http://www.corbettreport.com/mp4/bfp20130903preview.mp4

Posted by Corbett

by James Corbett
[url]BoilingFrogsPost.com[/url]
September 3, 2013

As the US inches closer to military intervention in Syria, many in the West are only now bothering to familiarize themselves with the Syrian conflict. Although sometimes referred to as a ‘civil war’ or an ‘armed uprising,’ the conflict has to be seen as part of a broader struggle between competing power blocs for regional dominance.

The struggle can largely be seen as one taking place between the US, Israel, and their regional allies on one side, and Iran and its allies on the other. Although fundamentally a geopolitical contest, the power blocs roughly map a Sunni/Shia divide in the Muslim world that can be played on to stir up religious frenzy in the population and motivate cadres of fighters willing to fight and die for the cause. In this context, the destabilization of Syria can be seen as a threat to one of Iran’s closest allies and the prospect of a Sunni majority government of the country threatens to drive a wedge in the so-called Shia land bridge that physically connects the Iranian power bloc.

Each member of these power blocs have their own motivations in the overall struggle for regional dominance. Turkey and Qatar are looking to increase their regional clout and secure their positions in the energy corridors that are vital to their economic futures. The Israelis are interested in keeping the Muslim world divided along sectarian lines in order to keep them from attacking Israel. The Saudis fear the uprising of their own Shiite population and the possibility of the overthrow of the House of Saud. But whatever the reason, each of the players has the incentive to fund, arm and train the jihadis who are now waging war on Assad’s government.

When seen in this light, one of the key characterizations of the media portrayal of the Syrian war is exposed for the lie that it is. Rather than ‘rebels’ who are part of some spontaneous internal uprising, the combatants in this insurrection are in fact, foreign-armed, foreign-supplied, and in many cases simply foreign Salafi jihadis, the very same groups that would be called “terrorists” if they were operating in a country friendly to Western interests. And of the states that are arming and supplying the jihadis, perhaps the most important at this stage of the conflict is Saudi Arabia, whose efforts are being coordinated by perhaps one of the most enigmatic figures operating on the grand chessboard today: Prince Bandar bin Sultan, better known as Bandar Bush.

It has long been acknowledged that the Saudis have been one of the key players funding, arming, training and smuggling terrorists into Syria during the conflict. A February 2012 report from the BBC alleged that Saudi Arabia was one of the key states bankrolling the Syrian jihadis. An October 2012 follow-up confirmed Saudi weapons were being used by the so-called rebels. In February of this year, the Saudi ambassador to Jordan, Fahad bin Abdul Mohsen al-Zaid, admitted that Saudis were involved in arming and training terrorist groups in Syria.

But the Saudi connection to the fighting in Syria took on a new dimension in the wake of last month’s chemical attack on Ghouta. The Saudis are now being blamed for supplying the chemical weapons that the rebels used in the attack. In one key report, veteran AP correspondent Dale Gavlak and on-the-ground reporter Yahyah Ababneh interviewed rebels in Ghouta who alleged that the weapons had been supplied by Prince Bandar bin Sultan, the Saudi intelligence chief. According to these reports, only the Saudis and the Al Qaeda-linked Jabhat al-Nusra terrorists knew what the weapons were, and other fighters were tricked into handling and storing them in preparation for the attack. In one incident, 12 rebels were killed inside of a tunnel used to store the weapons, some described as having a “tube-like structure” and others characterized as looking like a “huge gas bottle.”

Yesterday I talked to Sharmine Narwani, a geopolitical analyst and commentator at Al-Akhbar English, about Prince Bandar’s background, his disappearance from Saudi politics in 2008 and his sudden reappearance on the scene in Syria.

Perhaps the most remarkable part of all of this are the multiple sources now pointing to Bandar specifically as the one who supplied the jihadis in Syria with the chemical weapons that were used in the recent attack on Ghouta. This aspect of the story ties in with Bandar’s meeting with Russian President Putin in Moscow in July.

Late last week I discussed the details of this meeting with Asia Times Online roving correspondent Pepe Escobar.

These reports, emerging now from multiple sources, are explosive, and any serious investigation into the events in Syria last month would include a thorough examination of Prince Bandar’s role in them. Of course, there is no serious investigation taking place and the Obama administration has already announced that Assad’s guilt for the chemical weapons attacks has been determined even before the UN inspectors finished their investigation, let alone filed their report.

For those who receive their information from the American corporate media, what ultimately happens in Syria will play itself out like a Hollywood movie, full of drama and easy-to-digest plots for the attention-deprived audience, but bearing little resemblance to the multifaceted reality of the situation. Meanwhile, those who are interested in the Prince Bandar story and the behind-the-scenes machinations that threatens to draw Russia into military confrontation with Saudi Arabia and its allies will have to keep their eyes on foreign media and alternative sites like BoilingFrogsPost.com.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Underground: 1:53am On Sep 06, 2013
General Wesley Clark 7 countries video
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

This isn't fiction. The US along with Israel and the gulf states had planned "regime" change along time ago. It's all documented.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 1:59am On Sep 06, 2013
uzoexcel: Iam going to speak objectively here...I have an issue with America always been on the forefront of liberalision of coUntries with conflicts as i feel they sometimes have dubious agendas but usually one cant blame them IMO...For all the US wrongdoings, i would rather have them as the world police/superpower than china/russia as they seem to have better conscience than the aforementioned countries.he syria war has been going on for ages but not one of the so-called world powers/anti american countries stepped in to resolve the conflict... The Arab league of nations middle eastern countries which should have stepped up and resolved this issue were just barking toothlessly..Not one of the middle eastern countries did anything while thousands of syrian's were killed....And if i was Obama, i would call out China!!lemme explain...china wants to be a superpower but in crises like this they are no where to be found or are always hiding behind the back of russia..The chinese are conscienceless and would never do anything to help...So it looks quite hypocritical when America wanna steps in 3 years after the conflict began and everyone is suddenly shouting 'anti-american' protests.Where were all these countries since

There are two reasons why they stayed out of it, one is the observation of international laws on National Sovereignty , the second and the most valid reason is that they understand and appreciate the nature of the conflict, they knew how it started and the interests that it was meant to furnish, they understand what the consequences will be for the people and the region, they had a better understanding of the culture and nature of the people and factors which influence their judgement. Altogether they show sincere concern for the people.

you should ask yourself these questions :

Would the war lasted this long if the Americans did not fund and arm the rebels ?
Would American intervention stop the conflict or will it escalate it ?
Has any country gotten better from American Intervention ?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Underground: 2:34am On Sep 06, 2013

Common Uzoexcel! The Americans themselves started and fueled this crisis. Search for General Wesley Clark 7 countries video (back in 2007). Search for Seymour Hersh's The Re-Direction article in the New Yorker (also in 2007) They have been secretly supplying these foreign jihadis with arms and training them for several months now. This is well documented and has been reported even in several western media. The Saudis have been funding the effort also. The only reason things have escalated and the US is now intervening under the pretext of "humanitarian concerns" is because the campaign of these "rebels" is faltering. In recent months the government forces have been scoring victories over the so called rebels. Remember Al-Qusayr? The Saudi intelligence chief in a last ditch effort to get the Russians to drop their support of the Assad government offered a piece of the cake after the "regime" is toppled. He also offered to buy Russian arms and has been widely rumored, promised that Chechen terrorists in the Russian Caucasus will not attack the winter Olympics in Sochi if only the Russians drop their support of Assad! (See the telegraph: Saudis offer Russia secret oil deal if it drops Syria and RT's Saudi Arabia dangles lucrative arms deal in front of Russia in exchange for dropping Assad ) See also how the language has gradually shifted from "punishing the regime" or "degrading their capabilities" to "securing chemical stockpiles" should the government fall...It is just so sad and troubling the lengths that the Israelis and Americans would go to subvert and destabilize sovereign countries just for their selfish interests, hegemony and control..The same Al-Qaeda the US is claiming to be fighting a war on terrorism against are the recipients of arms, logistically assistance and funds from the Saudis, Qataris and Americans. What a charade! What wickedness! What deceit! What evil! Just watch out: As soon as Syria is out of the way, Iran is next... The Saudis would have assured themselves of Sunni dominance and influence and the continued existence of the House of Saud. The oil would also flow unopposed through a splintered Syria all the way to the European market. The Israels would rest in the knowledge that all potential challengers to their illegal - and expanding- occupation would be splintered nations weakened by internal and secular strife and would be powerless to act against them.

Now, the United States acting like the bully and rogue country that it truly is, is reversing the right to attack another sovereign; country that hasn't threatened it based on sketchy and unconfirmed evidence. So-called evidence that it has blatantly refused to present to the world to see. Acting with total disregard for the United Nations or international law, only invoking these laws when it suits them. A country that has subverted or attempted to subvert legitimate, democratic governments - or otherwise- more than all other countries combined (School of the Americas, Operation Condor, 1953 Iranian Coup D'etat, Iran-Contra Affair, Bay of Pigs Invasion, 1954 Guatamela Coup, 2002 Venezuelan Coup D'tat, etc). A country that has assassinated several presidents and leaders way more than other countries combined of which some operations would never be known (President of Ecuador Aguilera in 1981, president Omar Torrijos of Panama also in 1981, etc). A country that invades and destroys countries based on false, discredited and fabricated evidence as witnessed in Iraq (the independent: Man whose WMD lies led to 100,000 deaths confesses all: Defector tells how US officials 'sexed up' his fictions to make the case for 2003 invasion), Vietnam (Gulf Of Tonkin Incident, etc). A country that parades itself a bastion of freedom and democracy and a protector of human rights but abuses human rights and commits war crimes more than any other and supports despotic, brutal governments and sponsors terrorism when needed as long as its interests are protected (Luis_Posada_Carriles, U.S._Army_and_CIA_interrogation_manuals, Fulgencio_Batista, Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment, Agent_Orange, Fallujah- White Phosphorus and Depleted Unranium, Guatemala_syphilis_experiment,Drone_attacks_in_Pakistan, My_Lai_Massacre, Abu Ghraib, delisting the MEK, etc)

People really need to get off the toxic propaganda peddled by the mainstream media and source their news from other sites such as landddestroyer., the corbett report, consortiumnews, storyleak, counterpunch, rt, infowars. tomdispatch, etc. That is the only way you gonna have a balanced and complete view of any issue. CNN, BBC, Al-Jazeera(Qatari) are all propaganda tools pushing the agenda of their respective goverment.

WAKE UP!!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NaWetinNa: 3:52am On Sep 06, 2013
Our beloved "rebels" grin have been busy:

[size=24pt]Stripped, bound and shot in the head: Horrifying fate of Assad’s soldiers executed on camera by Syrian rebels[/size]

Video smuggled out of Syria by former rebel horrified by brutality of attack
Abdul Samad Issa reads passage and says 'we will take revenge'
Issa, known as 'the uncle', fires first bullet at prisoner's head
Bodies are dumped in a well while one gunman smiles at camera

By Tara Brady

PUBLISHED: 19:02 GMT, 5 September 2013 | UPDATED: 22:00 GMT, 5 September 2013

947 shares

View
comments

Video footage has emerged which shows the moment seven of President Bashar al-Assad's Syrian soldiers are executed on camera by rebels fighting to overthrow

the regime.

The soldiers are stripped, bound and pushed to the ground where a number of rebels stand over them pointing guns at their bodies. Some bear vicious injuries

on their backs and arms.

Just before they are killed, the ring-leader Abdul Samad Issa - known as 'The Uncle', recites a poem before he fires the first bullet.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO
Horrific: The soldiers are stripped, bound and pushed to the ground where a number of rebels stand over them pointing guns at their bodies before they are

shot

Horrific: The soldiers are stripped, bound and pushed to the ground where a number of rebels stand over them pointing guns at their bodies before they are shot

'For fifty years, they are companions to corruption', he says. 'We swear to the Lord of the Throne, that this is our oath: We will take revenge.'

The horrific scene filmed in April was documented in a video smuggled out of Syria only a few days ago by a former rebel who says he had become horrified by

the brutality of the tactics his one-time comrades are using. He gave the footage to The New York Times.

It has emerged as G20 leaders meet in Russia to debate the dire situation in the war-torn country and will add fuel to the view that the rest of the world

cannot actively support rebels who are carrying out atrocities equally as brutal as the troops deployed by President Assad.

Issa is known as 'the uncle' because two of his deputies are his nephews.

His former aide, who had the copy of the footage, said the captured soldiers' allegedly had videos of them raping Syrian civilians and looting which led to

the execution.

Issa requested the execution be filmed so he could show it to donors to help secure more funding.

At the end of the footage, the bodies of the soldiers are dumped in a well while one of the gunmen

Brutal: The bodies of the soldiers are dumped in a well after they are shot dead by the rebels

It is believed Issa has the support of around 300 fighters willing to carry out the executions of
captured soldiers.

The 37-year-old, a trader and livestock herder before the war, formed the group at the start of the uprising using his own money to buy weapons and pay for

his own soldiers' expenses.

His father was opposed to President Hafez al-Assad, the father of Syria’s current president, but in 1982, he disappeared.

Issa believes he was killed during a 27-day government crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood which sparked his hatred of the government.
The video has emerged as G20 leaders meet in Russia to debate the situation in Syria

The video has emerged as G20 leaders meet in Russia to debate the situation in Syria

Last year, it is believed he was running a training camp in Turkey and gathering weapons, according to the New York Times.

The footage will no doubt cause problems for the U.S. which is considering attacking Syrian forces
over its alleged use of chemical weapons against civilians.

Yesterday, Secretary of State John Kerry spoke of the issue of radicalised rebels which he said made up 15 to 20 per cent of the opposition.

Most of the concerns are centred around two groups which are known to have ties with Al Qaeda -
the Nusra Front and the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

Earlier this year another sickening video showed a rebel leader eating the heart of a captured soldier

Earlier this year another sickening video showed a rebel leader eating the heart of a captured soldier

The clip seems to show a man, believed to be the well-known founder of Homs' Farouq Brigade Abu Sakkar, standing over the uniformed corpse in a ditch while

ranting against President Bashar al Assad.

Using a knife, the man hacked open the torso and removed two organs before holding them up to the camera and declaring: 'I swear to God we will eat your

hearts and your livers, you soldiers of Bashar the dog.'

He then raised one to his mouth and took a bite.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 4:18am On Sep 06, 2013
CNN,BBC,FOX, Al jazeera does not show and keep showing this sort of barbarity, but the lies they keep feeding the ignorant masses.
These Barbaric Terrorists being funded by the US Government has been committing atrocities more horrible than this shown above, these are the people the US wants to rule Syria, They want to have another Libya in Syria.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by danthamccoy(m): 11:57am On Sep 06, 2013
If were in the situation of the Syrian people I sincerely wonder if y'all would be praying there's no intervention of any sort. It's easy to for you to be typing all this now.
Of course America is not blameless but I seriously feel there has to be some sort of intervention.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
dan tha mccoy: If were in the situation of the Syrian people I sincerely wonder if y'all would be praying there's no intervention of any sort. It's easy to for you to be typing all this now.
Of course America is not blameless but I seriously feel there has to be some sort of intervention.

Please read up on all the conflicts that the Americans intervened on and know why you are wrong in your assumptions. In fact in Syria the People are praying that USA would not intervene, there is now a new national movement call "OVER OUR BODIES" which the Syrian people meant to use their body as human shield to protect their nation if the US is to attack their nation.

[size=14pt]Over Our Bodies’: Syrians Prefer Death to U.S. Sponsored Al-Qaeda Rule[/size]
http://www.raymondibrahim.com/from-the-arab-world/over-our-bodies-syrians-prefer-death-to-u-s-sponsored-al-qaeda-rule/

[size=14pt]Reuters: More Join ranks as Human Shields to protect Syria Against US attacks[/size].
http://www.reuters.com/video/2013/09/03/horsing-around-in-traffic-in-mexico?videoId=265117110

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
The al-Assad family has ruled Syria since Hafez al-Assad became President of Syria in 1971 and established an authoritarian regime under the control of the Ba'ath Party. After his death in 2000, his son Bashar succeeded him, this is a typical situation of a country being ruled by one family, is this not dictatorship?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Horus(m): 12:05am On Sep 07, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

1. In what year did America use chemical weapons on Vietnam??

2. Are you aware that Iraq used chemical weapons against Iran? Why didn't you call for them to be punished (now)

3. In what year did the world come together to ban chemical weapons?

The answers to these questions are meant to make you understand there is no America hypocrisy on this,

Research my friend, stop listening to the propaganda feed to you by your Imam. Knowledge is power

After getting the answers to my questions above, I hope you will understand why Assad must be punished! Forget sentiment

Fun Fact : Iran lead by Ayatollah (Iran supreme leader) was the 1st to sign the ban on chemical weapons by the world. You can check his google+ page 4 more info

I am not religious, so why are you talking about my Imam when I am not muslim at all. And yes there is hypocrisy from America, the U.S. supported Saddam Hussein’s Iraq in its war against Iran throughout the 1980s, they supplied him with intelligence about what Iranian targets to hit with the chemical weapons. The U.S. then proceeded to block Iranian attempts to bring a case against Iraq to the United Nations. If you claim that chemical weapons are banned by the International Body you should ask yourself who have the largest chemical-weapons stockpile on the planet even today?.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 12:31am On Sep 07, 2013
fewj: The al-Assad family has ruled Syria since Hafez al-Assad became President of Syria in 1971 and established an authoritarian regime under the control of the Ba'ath Party. After his death in 2000, his son Bashar succeeded him, this is a typical situation of a country being ruled by one family, is this not dictatorship?
what is democracy? please answer and let's proceed .

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Dibiachukwu: 1:41am On Sep 07, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Iran too samething. Maybe by d time North K,finish their own ChemicalWp,they were also smuggled guns into nigeria like others did. I tell u America is only fighting for d poor on this,is nt that they cannot protect their own country but me and u cannot which we know.Let them go to War.
America fighting for the poor? nna their is nothing you wouldn't hear on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 4:08am On Sep 07, 2013
fewj: The al-Assad family has ruled Syria since Hafez al-Assad became President of Syria in 1971 and established an authoritarian regime under the control of the Ba'ath Party. After his death in 2000, his son Bashar succeeded him, this is a typical situation of a country being ruled by one family, is this not dictatorship?

[size=14pt]Isn't it funny that you specifically carved out a country that actually has a room for political parties, cast votes, and has more freedom than Nigeria in many sectors of its Social Structure...then just like your western Hegemonic Friends(whom obviously has brainwashed you)..you see nothing in Absolute Dictatorial Monarchies all over the middle east where monthly execution of activists are the norm, where no form of protest is allowed, where national resources and national revenue is a family property to be lavished and looted as they please.

You see nothing against Sadist and Mass Executionists like KING Hamad ibn Isa of Bahrain whom is a strong ally of the WEST.
You see nothing against Sadist King Abdullah bin Abdul‘aziz of Saudi Arabia whom will execute more than 4 families in the public just to teach a lesson to anybody that tries to challenge his families authority to rule..and whom is also a very strong ally of the west.

you see nothing against the Monarchs of Kuwait- Emir Sabah al-Ahmad , Jordan - King Abdullah II (child killer) , Oman - Sultan Qaboos bin Said ... all these families has been ruling for years as long as we can remember and are strong allies of USA, these same dictators whom hold absolute power over the life and death of any of their citizen, above all laws, above all court, above everybody else and riles in their barbarity as a way to sustain power.

You see nothing in all these people...only Syria where there is freedom and democracy, where the people actually stood for their leader. YOU are either a Hypocrite with no conscience or just ignorant of the truth.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 4:10am On Sep 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what is democracy? please answer and let's proceed .
Thank you...unfortunately they will never answer such question.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by grandlexuz(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
I doubt Obama will get the approval from Congress or the Senate to strike Syria. It is very obvious much of the American public are against any war labeled as strikes. It was the same scenario with Libya. The West Lobbied for a No Fly Zone that ended up having Qaddafi killed like a cockroach. In the advent Obama decides to go ahead with the strikes, it will hit a blow on his approval ratings around the World. The Americans would also be shock at the retaliatory power of the Syrian Army and its underground allies (Hezbollah) To think he won the Noble Peace Prize makes me laugh in Arabic. The only militarily ally America has on this is France. France served as a colonial master to the Syrians but have over the years lost control or presence in the country to the Russians. Hence their backing of the rebels. Wat man!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by grandlexuz(m): 12:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
Histrings08: US government works based on credible intelligence,I trust them they can't just initiate a millitary strike unless they know things will get outta hand if it continues that way...Obama is one of their president that doesn't like war,I'm sure he's absolutely convinced that that's d best solution...that man might possess a nuclear weapon that can cause genocide...

Like Sheriously..ahahah. Americans work on credible intelligence Are you living on planet earth I bet like the credible evidence linking Saddam to WMD. Intelligence that was flawed in the end. Americans only get involve in a war when they know they have much to gain the end. You really must think Obama is any different from other past American Presidents. You have got a lot of reading to do! After you do, you will learn the vast majority of Americans themselves are totally against any intervention in Syria. That way you would not have to embarrass yourself on a public forum.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by grandlexuz(m): 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2013
dan tha mccoy: If were in the situation of the Syrian people I sincerely wonder if y'all would be praying there's no intervention of any sort. It's easy to for you to be typing all this now.

Intervention by the UNITED NATION, not the UNITED STATES. Do you know the number of civilians that will die in the advent of military intervention. I bet their lives are worth nothing so long as American makes the fight that will enable them some oil in the end..
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
Tgirl4real: I support it100%.

Se you don't want the world to end ni. grin

These are prophecies being fulfilled.

Make America attack, Russia retaliate, everything turn to yam-pepper, scatter, scatter. lol

Seriously, if that happens, we are in for a showdown.

"I see the Son of man coming in the cloud of heaven..."

Come Lord Jesus! smiley
dayummmmmmm 45 likes. make i joint put make am 46 grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
thoth:

[size=14pt]Isn't it funny that you specifically carved out a country that actually has a room for political parties, cast votes, and has more freedom than Nigeria in many sectors of its Social Structure...then just like your western Hegemonic Friends(whom obviously has brainwashed you)..you see nothing in Absolute Dictatorial Monarchies all over the middle east where monthly execution of activists are the norm, where no form of protest is allowed, where national resources and national revenue is a family property to be lavished and looted as they please.

You see nothing against Sadist and Mass Executionists like KING Hamad ibn Isa of Bahrain whom is a strong ally of the WEST.
You see nothing against Sadist King Abdullah bin Abdul‘aziz of Saudi Arabia whom will execute more than 4 families in the public just to teach a lesson to anybody that tries to challenge his families authority to rule..and whom is also a very strong ally of the west.

you see nothing against the Monarchs of Kuwait- Emir Sabah al-Ahmad , Jordan - King Abdullah II (child killer) , Oman - Sultan Qaboos bin Said ... all these families has been ruling for years as long as we can remember and are strong allies of USA, these same dictators whom hold absolute power over the life and death of any of their citizen, above all laws, above all court, above everybody else and riles in their barbarity as a way to sustain power.

You see nothing in all these people...only Syria where there is freedom and democracy, where the people actually stood for their leader. YOU are either a Hypocrite with no conscience or just ignorant of the truth.[/size]

If this was an exam, you would have failed woefully! cheesy
We're talking of Syria here, we've not mention Jordan, Behrain, Kuwait etc as u mentioned, so how do you know that I see nothing wrong in what they're doing? grin So you can read minds and situations abi? Can you please tell me where I left my BB charger, I've been looking for it since yesterday angry

In my opinion. lets call a spade a spade, don't compare monarchical system of government to those which are supposed to elect leaders, they're two different things, don't mix them up.

In the initial protest, syrians asked for reforms!!! Not even for Assad's removal!

He could have promised to do those reforms just as Jordan's monarchy did during its own protest, or could have stepped down like other "victims" of the Arab spring did! He did none of both! cry

As bad as Nigeria "seems" to be, ASUU can go on strike and they're not jailed for it, We can protest the total removal of subsidy and our "bad" government makes some adjustments! Why didn't GEJ order the army to start beating and shooting protesters during the subsidy strike/protests?

Like I said "As much as i would not want to see a single bomb dropped in Syria, I would really love to see Assad's military capabilities grossly reduced, that would most likely reset his brain! angry"

I think Russia should offer asylum to assad and corner him to take it by withdrawing or limiting their support for him. He must not be the one to lead Syria, No be only him or him family fit lead!

The destiny of Syria at this time now lies with Russia, president Obama is using one stone to kill three birds by waiting for congress to approve or disprove a strike.

1. By waiting, he's trying to save his head by making congress a part of the decision just incase shit pops

2. He's also trying to shift the blame to the U.S congress for the bad things that have happened in Syria and that may still happen just incase congress votes against the war

3. He's giving Russia, China and the Asad regime an ultimatum to make any last minute improvement of the situation, if they don't, its their inability to solve the crisis after 2 years of his long patience that has led to the war, Barack Obama is a very sharp guy.......lol

I strongly believe the Assad regime used the chemical weapons for the following reasons

1. Chemical weapons aren't cheap, they're a closely guarded secret else everyone would have them, even al qaeda does not have chemical weapons, hezbollah, Israel's sworn enemy doesn't either, "our own" boko haram doesn't, if they did, they would have used it at least once in history.

2 . Syria as a nation has gassed its own people before, as a matter of fact it was done by Assad's father! As they say, history has a way of repeating itself

3. Syria is one of five states that have not signed and seven that have not ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention, which prohibits the development, production, stockpiling, transfer, and use of chemical weapons, Syria as a nation has invested billions into the development and testing of chemical weapons, you don't spend that such amount of money, time and manpower on something without the intention of using it!

4. On July 23, 2012 Syria admitted to possessing a stockpile of chemical weapons which it claims are reserved for national defense against foreign countries. During the Syrian civil war in August 2012, the Syrian military restarted chemical weapons testing at a base on the outskirts of Aleppo. It was at this time, Barack Obama mentioned that usage of chemical weapons in the syrian crisis would lead to military intervention by the US.

A number of reasons have been postulated for Syria's adoption of a chemical weapon strategy in the 1980s:

1. To act as a deterrent to Israeli use of nuclear weapons against Syria

2. To compensate for the loss of Egypt as a military ally after the signing of the Egypt–Israel Peace Treaty in 1979

3. After recognising the limitations of Syrian air power against Israel in the 1982 Lebanon War, Syria adopted an alternative missile strategy, which required a non high-explosive warhead

4. To compensate for lack of missile accuracy

5. To act as a deterrent to its powerful neighbour Turkey in any possible dispute.

I wish all Syrians well, I pray for those who have lost lovers, parents, children etc May God grant them the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Ubenedictus(m): 4:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
and who said it must be democracy everywhere?
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: and who said it must be democracy everywhere?

Lol, funny enough, Syria is practising democracy, Bashar Hafez al-Assad is a democratically elected president, He is a member of the Ba'ath Party .

He has been President since 2000, when he succeeded his father, Hafez al-Assad, who led Syria for 30 years prior to his death.

Amazingly, Everyone thought and hoped he was a reformer when he took office cheesy
Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by NairaMinted: 11:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
fewj:

I strongly believe the Assad regime used the chemical weapons for the following reasons

1. Chemical weapons aren't cheap, they're a closely guarded secret else everyone would have them, even al qaeda does not have chemical weapons, hezbollah, Israel's sworn enemy doesn't either, "our own" boko haram doesn't, if they did, they would have used it at least once in history.

2 . Syria as a nation has gassed its own people before, as a matter of fact it was done by Assad's father! As they say, history has a way of repeating itself

3. Syria is one of five states that have not signed and seven that have not ratified the Chemical Weapons Convention, which prohibits the development, production, stockpiling, transfer, and use of chemical weapons, Syria as a nation has invested billions into the development and testing of chemical weapons, you don't spend that such amount of money, time and manpower on something without the intention of using it!

4. On July 23, 2012 Syria admitted to possessing a stockpile of chemical weapons which it claims are reserved for national defense against foreign countries. During the Syrian civil war in August 2012, the Syrian military restarted chemical weapons testing at a base on the outskirts of Aleppo. It was at this time, Barack Obama mentioned that usage of chemical weapons in the syrian crisis would lead to military intervention by the US.

1.Why did the attack coincide with the arrival of U.N. weapons inspectors and no rebels were killed?
You would think if Assad's forces was using it, they would aim to kill rebels - first and foremost and
civilian would be collateral damage.

2. Furthermore, you would think the Syrian army would have advanced and taken control of that area - given the
fact that they had supposedly fired chemical weapons into that area.

So why are the "rebels" still in control of that area?

Surely if you are an army commander who has just gassed the area of combatants and civilians, you would order
your men to go clear the area of any remaining resistance.

3. Lastly, what is the strategic importance of that area, that drove the Syrian army to resort to desperate measures like using chemical weapons.The Syrian army was already making considerable gains against the "rebels" in a conventional manner so why the sudden need to use chemical weapons?

As a matter of fact, it is the "rebels" themselves that have been caught using chemical weapons and when a similar but smaller attack was carried out in Aleppo, a leading UN Investigator voiced his suspicions that the "rebels" most likely were behind the attacks based on the accounts of the victims he spoke to.

It makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever, for Assad to use chemical weapons. He has the least to gain and the most to lose. He has been inflicting heavy losses on the rebels and pushing them back and retaking lost territories the conventional way .

Now the US and the international community (sic) is saying that the Syrian governments decision to allow the inspectors access to the site of this latest attack is “too little, too late”. Weren’t the UN investigators in Syria in the first place to investigate attacks purportedly carried about the rebels (sic) way back in March – over 5 months before the investigators arrived? Why is this two delay to reach the site such a sticking point all of a sudden? Mind boggling hypocrisy!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_al-Assal_massacre

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by thoth: 1:21am On Sep 08, 2013
fewj:

If this was an exam, you would have failed woefully! cheesy
We're talking of Syria here, we've not mention Jordan, Behrain, Kuwait etc as u mentioned, so how do you know that I see nothing wrong in what they're doing? grin So you can read minds and situations abi? Can you please tell me where I left my BB charger, I've been looking for it since yesterday angry

In my opinion. lets call a spade a spade, don't compare monarchical system of government to those which are supposed to elect leaders, they're two different things, don't mix them up.

I fail to make sense of your post , are you saying that Syria should be a priority when there are more serious situations in the middle east ?
Are you saying you can simply isolate Syria and then cast your judgements without factoring the effect of outside influences like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait ?

If you people are so bias in your love for America and would rather not see the truth but an isolated evil Syria then please leave them ALONE to settle their problems. It is like accusing a person of rape without a rape victim. God! how can you people be so low.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support The Coming American War Against The Syria Assad Regime by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 08, 2013
WAKE UP

AWAKEN YOUR MIND....stop buying their propaganda

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arizona State Certifies Joe Biden's Win / Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / Russian Airline, Aeroflot, Cancels All Flights To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.