Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider (15566 Views)

White Man, Policeman & Okada Rider On One Motorcycle Over Fuel Scarcity - Photo / How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com / ‘Lai Mohammed Detained For Abusing Jonathan’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by adorablepepple(f): 3:17am On Aug 28, 2013
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a medical representative, Gregory Muonylilo, for allegedly video recording policemen who were arresting a commercial motorcyclist.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the suspect was arrested at the Amuwo Odofin area of the state by policemen attached to Area E Command.

The policemen were said to have attempted to arrest a commercial motorcyclist for breaking the traffic law, while the suspect was recording the incident.

The suspect’s brother, Onyeka, said, “Apparently the policemen set up a checkpoint in front of his office yesterday (Monday) and were harassing okada riders. He started recording it

“The policemen saw him and became agitated. They collected his phone and left.”

“They came back around 4pm, arrested him and took him to their station.

“From Amuwo Odofin, they took him to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja, where he was detained.”

PUNCH Metro learnt that ever since the dismissal of a police sergeant, Chris Omeleze, who was caught on camera demanding bribe from a motorist, policemen have become paranoid about people recording their activities.

When contacted on the telephone, Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, denied claims that the policemen were harassing the okada rider.

She also debunked claims that the victim was taken to SARS. She said he was taken to the X-Squad Department

She said, “The policemen were on legal duty and they had apprehended an okada rider for riding on a restricted route. I spoke to the man who was arrested and he never told me that the policemen were asking for bribe from the commercial motorcyclist they were trying to arrest. The man was recording and we do not know his motive.”
http://www.punchng.com/metro/police-nab-man-recording-arrest-of-okada-rider/
Am just wondering,what he was thinking

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by YoshiMaster: 3:43am On Aug 28, 2013
They have no case, period! People close to him should push to get him released, less the matter be blown up and more police lose their jobs.

10 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:18am On Aug 28, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
They have no case, period! People close to him should push to get him released, less the matter be blown up and more police lose their jobs.
The police IG must fish out the particular police squad that did that and exit them from the force with immediate effect as its obvious they were up to no good at the time they were filmed, hence their save face unlawfull arrest of that guy. This will give more people impetus to join in this fight against corruption in the force.

14 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Kelechi2020(m): 5:19am On Aug 28, 2013
@op please do some tidying up on your article.
What is ur source?
So that our Mods can take this to front page.
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Kelechi2020(m): 5:26am On Aug 28, 2013
Ok.the article is now more descriptive.
Please if there is anyone here who lives around that area should give us first hand information on police former activites in the area so as to ascertain why this guy was arrested since the video recording must have been destroyed.
I urge the inspector general of police to make it compulsory that policemen record there activites while on duty.and the videos aired on national television.this will go a long way in enforcing discipline in police officers as well as restore the respect and confidence by citizens which has long been lost due to poor police discipline system.

1 Like

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by fr3do(m): 5:36am On Aug 28, 2013
Dude is innocent
if after 24 hours he is not released.
The police officers will be breaking the law.
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by 3ace(m): 5:59am On Aug 28, 2013
If nothing is done quickly to rescue that guy, they are going to implicate him with a serious crime he didn't commit. I've had an ugly experience with those nitwits before. They are cruel.

6 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Burger01(m): 6:03am On Aug 28, 2013
Why would they arrest him Maybe the phone is an evidence of being harmed. Useless police.

undecided
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 28, 2013
the police will always seek for their dismissal.

it's good their educate them more on public rights

1 Like

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 28, 2013
it shows the police are definitely on illegal activity,hence the extra caution displayed by them.....when has owning a camera,or camera phone become a crime....at least,there is this programme on Discovery ID,that police activities are aired on air.

5 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by jhydebaba(m): 6:42am On Aug 28, 2013
Black man, black mind.

Make the guy thank God say no be shoot at sight d men in black do.

Abeg, if person wan collect ur pot of soup, u go stand dey look am

Inasmuch as I love this camera/video thing, guys should be extra careful.

I no fit shout oh! I no fit go chop beans on top say I carry my money go buy phone because naija police sabi rope person. Chai shocked if den rope u ehnnn, u go just open mouth and flies go dey play 'who's in d garden' inside cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by infobiz9ja(m): 6:42am On Aug 28, 2013
What? Its to resort to using front facing camera to record events as opposed to the rear 1.
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by mrking3(m): 6:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Dude messed up!!! He should have been smart about it! Right now police can even kill anyone found recording their activities! So if you must record or video any crime scene, you should be smart about it! Make sure you don't get caught!!!

10 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Tuntheycr7: 10:10am On Aug 28, 2013
Hymmm. I pity dat guy beating. Na unlimited punishmnt dot com.
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by deeptesting(m): 10:13am On Aug 28, 2013
So what will they be charging him for? Things are not really getting better in spite of all our effort for a better Nigeria......Police authorities should charge him to court if he has comitted a crime and stop detaining him illegally.

1 Like

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by oduason: 10:22am On Aug 28, 2013
Why is it that spokepersons are always bloody freaking liars,this ngozi braide takes the cake for the worst out of them all,u cant find any iota of truth in any of her statements,it is always filled with lies,lies and more lies.
Omo i salute this woman ooo:/:/:/

6 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by israel007: 10:30am On Aug 28, 2013
Man you should have done it secretly.

They will come up with one. Allegation of the other.

Hope someone comes to your aide soon
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by otokx(m): 10:37am On Aug 28, 2013
Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Omen100(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2013
Because of the nefarious act of the Nigerian Police Force, I am going to release a voice recording of a Nigerian Policeman who claimed to be a smuggler & if the accused is not released before the end of the week, I will have no choice than to release the video for the whole world to see & know how rotten the Nigerian policemen are, Nairaland memebers who are officers of the Nigerian police Force should do us a favour and tell their oga @ the top to release the innocent video recorder unconditionally. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by ealtutu: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
Na laugh I dey laugh oo
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Policewoman(f): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
adorablepepple:
What was he even recording if i may ask?
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2013
Why would they arrest him for making use of his phone? What a country!
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
NPF Are corrupt.
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Okijajuju1(m): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hahahahahahahaaaaa

it was only a matter of time.. He should count himself lucky he wasn't shot.
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Artless360(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
Same tin hapum to one of frd@fillin statio kuje.......if u c slap way my guy receive dy even cary go statio...police nid to educated seriouzly
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by 76Naira(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
When dropouts police us, this is what we get.
Please release the boy and learn how to be responsible.

1 Like

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by andyanders: 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
Why is Ngozi Bread or Tea say , that they were on legal duty by mounting a road block?
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Reyus: 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
Caught on tape tins. Police are becoming wise.
Its time to buy spy cam.. the pen or eye glasses type.
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
Artless360: Same tin hapum to one of frd@fillin statio kuje.......if u c slap way my guy receive dy even cary go statio...police nid to educated seriouzly

Damn bro you muedered it grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by Symphony007: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
After what has happened to their collegues, a camera is now the nigerian policeman's worse enermy. It's more dangerous than a gun.
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by aktolly54(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
i think the guy isn't smart enough,he should record those bastard without them knowing anything.He can just act like he's calling someone whereas he actually recording them.next tym,he should play smart
Re: Man Detained For Recording Arrest Of Okada Rider by fasbat(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
adorablepepple:
ds is d more reason nig govt will never install CCTV cameras at strategic locations,imagine holding a phone now a crime in nigeria...what a country!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction / MKO Abiola: Lagos, Ogun Declare June 12 Public Holiday / Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Confirmation For NEDC Board Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.