Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

RCCG Spent N433 Million On Community Projects In The First Quarter Of 2013 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Spent N433 Million On Community Projects In The First Quarter Of 2013 (2231 Views)

RCCG Spends N433 Millions On Community Projects / RCCG Spent 433million Naira On Community Projects. / Predictions For The First Quarter Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Spent N433 Million On Community Projects In The First Quarter Of 2013 by 99cent: 5:53am On Aug 29, 2013
Lordlexy: You come across as a hate. Is the church your govt? Does the church owe you? The fact that they decided to make public their community didn't subject them to any explaination. Even after detail explaination, unrepentant haters like you showing contempt to anything the church will always find occation to bring further accusation as that is your stock in trade. I know churches who carry out similar humanitarian project without making it public. My friend purge of hatred, it could be harmful.

dumb post. If I pay tithe and offering I have a right to know where the church money goes. It's called transparency. my church posts every sunday how much offering/tithe is collected and what the money is used for (building maintenance, clergy salaries, mission work, community work, charity etc). granted I live in the USA but still it is your kind of mentality that allows nigerian leaders (whether political or religious) to be corrupt. they are not held accountable to their followers so they use congregation money as they wish. I personally DO NOT pay tithe to the church. I already pay taxes to the govt. My church isn't building my roads so why should I pay 10% of my salary to it.I like my church and what it does for the congregation so I give offering. but no tithe. I will rather donate money to charity directly and volunteer to the community directly rather give money blindly to a church without knowing or agreeing with what they are using it for.

it doesn't help that churches in naija collect more money from people than govt collects in taxes (like middle ages in Europe). so by that fact, churches should be building more for the community considering how much money they make. BILLIONS. how do u think they afford private jets? even many politicians can't affort jets.
Re: RCCG Spent N433 Million On Community Projects In The First Quarter Of 2013 by KwoiZabo(m): 7:17am On Aug 29, 2013
RCCG is now officially a business and its CEO have announced their CSR for first quarter. I don't go to business centres on Sunday I go to church. Peter and John said silver and Gold I have none but what I have I'll give. .. Acts 3:6 for me this is mere advert to make their foolish followers to keep enriching their papas. Adeboye needs to be born again 'cos someone that fears God will not do all these. I pity these earthly/celebrity pastors because one day they'll stand before God to give account of their life
Re: RCCG Spent N433 Million On Community Projects In The First Quarter Of 2013 by luvmijeje(f): 7:47am On Aug 29, 2013
99cent:

dumb post. If I pay tithe and offering I have a right to know where the church money goes. It's called transparency. my church posts every sunday how much offering/tithe is collected and what the money is used for (building maintenance, clergy salaries, mission work, community work, charity etc). granted I live in the USA but still it is your kind of mentality that allows nigerian leaders (whether political or religious) to be corrupt. they are not held accountable to their followers so they use congregation money as they wish. I personally DO NOT pay tithe to the church. I already pay taxes to the govt. My church isn't building my roads so why should I pay 10% of my salary to it.I like my church and what it does for the congregation so I give offering. but no tithe. I will rather donate money to charity directly and volunteer to the community directly rather give money blindly to a church without knowing or agreeing with what they are using it for.

it doesn't help that churches in naija collect more money from people than govt collects in taxes (like middle ages in Europe). so by that fact, churches should be building more for the community considering how much money they make. BILLIONS. how do u think they afford private jets? even many politicians can't affort jets. again this is like the middle ages in europe where the pope was more powerful than kings. middle ages were called "dark ages" for a reason. google it. we are an undeveloped country alright.
since we are in the dark ages in Nigeria, I wonder when our age of enlightenment will come.
True words! I've lose faith in all these churches.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Spent N433 Million On Community Projects In The First Quarter Of 2013 by Orikinla(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2013
luvmijeje:
True words! [size=28pt]I've lose faith [/size]in all these churches.

No wonder your English is bad. grin
Re: RCCG Spent N433 Million On Community Projects In The First Quarter Of 2013 by luvmijeje(f): 9:46am On Aug 29, 2013
Orikinla:

No wonder your English is bad. grin
Pls, continue chasing shadows but the truth cannot be silent. Most Nigerian churches has failed in all ramification.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja Special Holy Ghost Congress Live On AIT / Who Owns Tithe? Officiating Pastor Or G.O / I Saw This Worrisome Reality & It Made Me Marvel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.