Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,954 members, 7,838,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

You Have A Word To Share? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Have A Word To Share? (1338 Views)

One Word To Describe Lucifer / One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim / Sunday School Lessons: What Do You Gain To Share With Others? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: You Have A Word To Share? by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 21, 2013
OlowoTee: One day a Man in his 30s got fed up and decided to quit...."I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality, Infact I want to quit my life"... He said.....Then He went to the woods to have one last
talk with God. "God! Can you give me just one good reason not to quit?" He said. But God's answers surprised him..."Look around", God said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?" "Yes",The Man replied. Then God continued..."When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds @the same time, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. In the third year, there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit! In the fourth year, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit! Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant. But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.

It had spent the five years growing roots but 6months to Shoot to the Sky! Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed not just to SURVIVE but to be SIGNIFICANT amidst its peers. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle
because I love them too well!" God said to him..."Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots.""I did not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you.
Don't compare yourself to others." "The bamboo had a different
purpose than the fern. Yet, they both make the forest beautiful." Your time will come and You will rise high! "

Dear Friends, He will never give up on Us because We are close to His Heart. Never regret a day in your life. Good days give you happiness and Bad days give you experiences. Both are essential to life! A happy and meaningful life requires our continuous input and creativity. It does not happen by chance. It happens because of
our choices and actions. And each day we are given new opportunities to choose and act and, in doing so, we create ur own unique journey...Keep going...
Thanks for this sis, it is inspiring, God bless
Re: You Have A Word To Share? by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 28, 2013
Opportunities come to all but how we deal with trials, obstacles and failures separate the average from the achievers. It’s not talent that makes one successful – it’s tenacity.

Don’t give up, give in or give over your dream until you succeed. You can create and rule your world with the help of God. -Pat Francis. smiley

Great Week, Ahead Everyone!!! God bless you richly, too. Amen.
Re: You Have A Word To Share? by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 30, 2013
Daily Manna: Old-Time Christianity

Wednesday 30, October 2013

TEXT: ACTS 11:19-30

KEY VERSE: “And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch” (Acts 11:26).

When Thomas Aquinas (one of the church reformers) visited Rome and was shown the gorgeousness of the papal palace, the Pope, remarked: “well, Thomas, the church in our day cannot say, “Silver and gold have I none.” “No” replied Aquinas, “neither can she say, “In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk”. As the church increases in riches and worldly wisdom, she has correspondingly decreased in spiritual power and piety.

The early church is a model: it was built upon unadulterated doctrines and teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ. It was a church whose exponential growth was based upon dedication and commitment in the face of unmitigated persecutions of the powers that be, both political and ecclesiastical.

Members were agents of its expansion through their evangelism and preaching of the goodnews. At first, there was no institutional structures like a church to coordinate the activities of these “freelance evangelists.” With the arrival of Barnabas and later Paul, the disciples were moulded into a church, with regular fellowships and teaching of the word. It was no wonder then that the disciples in Antioch were first called Christians, little Jesus Christs! Their character, lifestyle, behaviour and activities mirrored the earthly life of Jesus Christ.

Today, the growth and piety of Christians are measured on the scale of material acquisition. There is the utmost necessity therefore for all to go back, imbibe and make manifest the oldtime faith characterised by repentance from sin, cross-bearing, self-denial and holiness so that we can truly be seen as the salt and light of this dark world.

Have a blessed day

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Sits On The Left Side Of God In Heaven / Angola Becomes The 1st Country In The World To Ban Islam And Muslims(pictures) / Reasons Why Masturbation Is A Sin and How To Overcome It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.