Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Doctors in The House: should i worry over this? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors in The House: should i worry over this? (596 Views)

When Should I Worry About Passing Too Much Gas? / 9 Symptoms We Don't Worry About -- But Should / Should I Worry About This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors in The House: should i worry over this? by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 29, 2013
passengers are always cursing and swearing whenever a driver pulls into a gas station. fortunately for me though i Love the smell of petrol so much that i wish there a fragrance of it just as we have for cigar (yes it exist). i also love the smell of new house paints don't ask me how it makes me feels i really can't find the exact word(s). . . ok there's one more, wait for it(lol). i LOVE the smell of earth after it rains.

Anybody else like with such rare crave/ likes sad ? pls na signify.

... yeah right now you'd say im not normal and need help. its ok! but at least you just found out - im not ORDINARY! LOL
Re: Doctors in The House: should i worry over this? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
I should start of by saying that was very brave of you. Anyways, its normality varies. I'Thu 29 Aug 2013 like to assume that u don't actually mean crave' literarilly.
The offactory lob is a small appendage in the brain that is responsible for registering smells and associating them with proper brain stimulations.
What will make one human lo<3e something and hate another? In neuroscience, its called conditioning... Say for instance you have sour throat; a consequent effect will be pains whenever you swallow or eat. Overtime if it persists, your brain associates food with pains and displeasures. Your offatory lobe follow suit, so whenever you percieve the scent of food, you cringe and hate it... Interestingly, it could also be reversed.
My best hypothesis are,
1..You associated rain with play and thus your offatory lobe picked wet earth as lovely. (Playing with mud,wetting flowers etc).thus u like it.
2..Wet paint-associated with moving into a new house,play center,freedom from mosquitoe bites etc...
3.. Petrol- associated with being in a vehicle,putting gen set and enjoying ur favourite soap. Or tv etc....

So my friend, its all in your brain. I fear, I can't go on for want of time.
However if itS cravings? You'l need to seee a professional on guidiance and councelling.....

1 Like

Re: Doctors in The House: should i worry over this? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
do you have to be insensitive?

(1) (Reply)

''NANS Can’t Shut Private Varsities'' Private Varsities Respond To NANS Threat / Ebola Doctor In Sierra Leone Dead / Fact About Ebola: Please Stop Misleading People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.