Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? (12673 Views)

Is MouthAction Okay In Christian Marriage? / Is Abortion Right In This Instance? / Any Difference Btw The Roman Catholic Church And The Today Protestant Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Datshyguy(m): 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Can you kindly give what your response would be? Because like you said somewhere if at all you say you can terminate the pregnancy because it threatens the womans life then its murder still, if you leave it and the woman dies, still its murder. Whose life is better ?

Make me starve to death, lol ok your analogy is kinda flat but lemme humor you, I would try till my resources are exhausted and then anything that happens after that well that would be sad.

I understand the need to sound politically correct, I know you believe in God and you worship God and I know you believe God sees your inner most thoughts so there is no need for you to save face here. You would ask a girl 13 years old, who was raped viscously by 6 armed robbers to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?
Lets start with the girl, how would it affect her psychologically. In Nigeria at least what most people do is move her away to a place where she would have less glare from the society still it would be nine months of horror. Even when the child is born I am very sure most of us have pissed our parents to the edge while growing up, you expect this not to be a source of constant emotional and psychological pain to her?
Lets move to the child, when he asks who is father is what fable would you give to him? He would eventually find out that he is son of "armed robbers" and trust little kids who ever get a hint to tease the hell out of the child, yet more psychological trauma........would you even allow your brother marry a woman who already had a child before?
Sighs.......the need to be politically correct.
well the child can be taken from her and kept in a ophanage
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
dugochi: give the baby up for adoption.

Abeg help me tell them.There are so many people looking for foster kids.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abortion is nowhere in the bible.

Yet christians use religious grounds to go against it

Remind me again...what does the bible say about adding/subtracting to the scripture?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
How many of you know the horrible conditions of an orpganage..

Why not just look for a devil incarnate and leave the child with him because the end result will be the same.....most childrrn fron orphanages grow up to be damaged
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Pygru: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Shekson: I am totally I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ support of abortion I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ early weeks of pregnancy. A foetus isn't an human being.
And for God's sake we have had incidences of women giving birth and dropping babies at hospitals and religious institutions cos they couldn't take care of dem.
I saw a family of four kids with their mum after their dad ran away. These kids can't afford to buy ordinary bathing soap. They sleep I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a shop. If their poverty strucken mum had aborted at least two, then the oda two can have the little luxury of living on the available manageable resources. The burden becomes shifted on govt. Public schools are being flooded. Hau much can the govt afford on free quality education on exploding population of these kids?
Government daily preaches family planning. Religious institutions are meant to be preaching this but they don't.
I believe so much in legalizing abortion!!!
Jeremiah 1:5
King James Version (KJV)
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Richy4(m): 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
I am against killing an unborn children.but let us look at it this way.

if a pregnant woman was given 5% chance of surviving a child birth due to complication. ie she will die and the baby in her womb will die too during child birth. even if the child survive, the mother will not,and the doctor gave an option for a D&C.

As a loving Husband, father,mother, brother, uncle, what will you do? insist that she go ahead carrying the pregnancy that there is nothing God cannot do or to save her life by the DR's option?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by chassylite(m): 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
abortion is murder ,
if cant train your kids, give it for childless family or for adoption or born less children whom your resources can cope with.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by solaniyi86(m): 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abortion is sin. Jer 1:5[color=#990000][/color] embarassed
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by everyday: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
me i nor fit talk for this one ooo
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by barman: 4:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Shekson: I am totally I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ support of abortion I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ early weeks of pregnancy. A foetus isn't an human being.
And for God's sake we have had incidences of women giving birth and dropping babies at hospitals and religious institutions cos they couldn't take care of dem.
I saw a family of four kids with their mum after their dad ran away. These kids can't afford to buy ordinary bathing soap. They sleep I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a shop. If their poverty strucken mum had aborted at least two, then the oda two can have the little luxury of living on the available manageable resources. The burden becomes shifted on govt. Public schools are being flooded. Hau much can the govt afford on free quality education on exploding population of these kids?
Government daily preaches family planning. Religious institutions are meant to be preaching this but they don't.
I believe so much in legalizing abortion!!!

Bro, Life begins @ conception, d moment d sperm nd egg meet it becomes Life, why do u worry abt d welfare of a child, God said "look at d birds as they fly, yet they feed evryday hw much more human God created in His own image, life is sacred nd we must defend, has Nigeria Gov. Ever provide food 4 u? Why do u put ur hop in gov dat can not help itself, abortion is murder against humanity nd God, I am glad am a Pro-lifer under catholic church defend d life of d unborn, if u r pregnant, confused, rejected, pls contact us on 08055413793. I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Shekson(m): 4:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
chassylite: abortion is murder ,
if cant train your kids, give it for childless family or for adoption or born less children whom your resources can cope with.
Have yu had a trip to orphanage and SOS homes? Yu need to see dat the rate at which kids are being dropped is far higher than the slow rate at which they are adopted. Hau many families are looking to adopt? Families are becoming careless wif pregnancies. Asked a poor woman why she is pregnant again after 2 girls, and her reply was that she iz looking for a male child. Wen the future of the existing gals is still unsecured. Dat careless pregnancy shld be aborted
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by victorv12(m): 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by victorv12(m): 5:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abortion should be legalized. If it's legalized we won't be having all those bastard militants, ritual killers and crazy Nigeria politicians that litters every nook and cranny of our country cursing confusion.

Assuming it was legalized way back, Nigeria won't be having most of the problems we're having now. Abortion should be part of the family planning in our country. We really need abortion clinics in every borough and streets for the next coming generation of these bastards! We must be fully prepared before they bring them into this world.

Because presently, as a country, we don't have the social amenities to sustain the citizens presently not to talk about a girl that mistakenly got herself pregnant or doesn't want to raise a child and was being forced by her family to born it. If such a child is forced to be delivered, mentally, that child can't be sane. The moment you're being forced into this world and not properly groomed by your parents, and installing discipline and respect for the rule of law into you, all you bring from your mother's womb is anarchy!!

So I think such a child is rather being terminated than to bring destruction into this world in the first place!
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
Logicboy03: Abortion is nowhere in the bible.

Remind me again...what does the bible say about adding/subtracting to the scripture?

No one is adding or subtracting anything from the scripture.The injunction was explicit enough:"thou shall not kill".

Atheists like you might not understand it anyway.These innocent babies deserve a chance to live!!
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by jpphilips(m): 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
Most Christians reason as if God is a fooool
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by jpphilips(m): 5:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
victorv12: Abortion should be legalized. If it's legalized we won't be having all those bastard militants, ritual killers and crazy Nigeria politicians that litters every nook and cranny of our country cursing confusion.

Assuming it was legalized way back, Nigeria won't be having most of the problems we're having now. Abortion should be part of the family planning in our country. We really need abortion clinics in every borough and streets for the next coming generation of these bastards! We must be fully prepared before they bring them into this world.

Because presently, as a country, we don't have the social amenities to sustain the citizens presently not to talk about a girl that mistakenly got herself pregnant or doesn't want to raise a child and was being forced by her family to born it. If such a child is forced to be delivered, mentally, that child can't be sane. The moment you're being forced into this world and not properly groomed by your parents, and installing discipline and respect for the rule of law, all you bring from your mothers womb is anarchy!!

So I think such a child is rather being terminated than to bring destruction into this world in the first place!

Hope you wont mind if your Abortion machines terminate a Soludo, Emeagwali or Iweala carrying fetuses
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by EvilBrain1(m): 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abortion is a far more complex issue than you religious simpletons make it seem. The new law in Imo legalizes it only in cases of råpe, ïncêst and when the mother's health is at risk.

Religious hypocrites like to preach fire and brimstone against abortion, but if it was your wife, sister, or daughter that got råped, you'd all be singing a different tune.

Let us please remember that the 1999 constitution says Nigeria is a secular country so whatever your bible or koran or guru maraji book says is irrelevant. We are not subject to biblical law any more than we are subject to sharia. If you have a problem with the law, then you are free to not have an abortion whenever you are unfortunate enough to get råped.

That or you can move to Saudi Arabia.

3 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

No one is adding or subtracting anything from the scripture.The injunction was explicit enough:"thou shall not kill".

Atheists like you might not understand it anyway.These innocent babies deserve a chance to live!!

Did Moses not command the slaughter of the Amalekites?

Did David not slay people in battle?

Thou shalt not kill indeed
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by lolaluv1(f): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Protestant churches DO NOT support abortion. It comes up in preachings a lot.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by sdavirus: 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
It shouldn't be okay or not okay, because your church or pastor says so... What you should be asking... Is it okay with God? Can u live with that?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dallyemmy: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
Abortion is a SIN in Christianity!
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dnawah(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
italo: I think most non-Catholic "churches" just like to avoid the topic because they are not strong-willed enough to stand for truth.

If they preached against vices like abortion and internet fraud regularly, most pentecostal "churches" would be empty in Nigeria.

na lie!go to bride assemble in lagos and see.(pls if u r a girl,don't wear make ups,weavons,trousers,ear rings,mail polish)
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dallyemmy: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Evil Brain: Abortion is a far more complex issue than you religious simpletons make it seem. The new law in Imo legalizes it only in cases of råpe, ïncêst and when the mother's health is at risk.

Religious hypocrites like to preach fire and brimstone against abortion, but if it was your wife, sister, or daughter that got råped, you'd all be singing a different tune.

Let us please remember that the 1999 constitution says Nigeria is a secular country so whatever your bible or koran or guru maraji book says is irrelevant. We are not subject to biblical law any more than we are subject to sharia. If you have a problem with the law, then you are free to not have an abortion whenever you are unfortunate enough to get råped.

That or you can move to Saudi Arabia.
. WHAT IF SHE DIES IN THE PROCESS?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dnawah(m): 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
What would have happened,if Marry aborted Jesus?ewo! Who 4 save me?God remain bless,thank u Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dallyemmy: 5:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
Logicboy03: Abortion is nowhere in the bible.

What do you think Jeremiah 1:5 means when it comes to life of a foetus?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44: Most times the catholic church has been left to become the only vocal voice condemning abortion.Just recemntly Governor Rochas asssented a bill making some categories of abortion legal.I was taken aback by comments some christians who applauded the decision.In view of my understanding of the scriptures,abortion is murder and should not be encouraged.

I just want to know if abortion is alowed on the doctrine of most protestant churches or islam or is it just that these nairalanders just took the position just to spite the catholic church.

https://www.nairaland.com/1414763/okorocha-catholic-doctors-war-over
@poster, what should be condemned is fornication and adultery. Afterall abortion, except is some cases, is an aftermath of either of those sins. its no greater than any other sin. What every Christian should work on is to live a holy life and not live their life based on doctrines that God doesn't even recognise.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by zico2(m): 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
How is abortion evil?
The catholic church has till this day refused even accent to the use of proper contraceptives. I have no problem when you guys have an opinion on religious issues, but when common sense says otherwise then there has to be a problem.
Baby factories have been popping up left right and center, this menace has to be curbed and at the root of the matter is giving these young women the chance to terminate it before it becomes a bigger crime.
At least Imo state can become the capital in Nigeria where people travel to have a proper medical termination of their pregnancies.

you sure lack sense wt this your post.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
Wow the standard of most churches today is so bad... I for one have few disagreement with the catholic church on how they interpret the bible but one thing i know for sure is that they take a stand on many controversial issue while so many protestant churches just keep taking their members offerings and keep telling them God will bless you week in week out without teaching them the most important thing which is the heavenly standard.... if you look at Jeremiah 1:5 you will know that every body is formed by God in the womb so whether its 5 days or 8month pregnancy there is life.. Also if look at onan in genesis 38:9 he threw his semen on the floor because he knew that once it was in and she conceived it was a child... Lastly the bible in exodus 21:22-23 tells you of how 2 men if fighting hit a woman and she miscarriage should be punished and if she has any other injury should die... So if a man did that involuntarily was punished how about a man who voluntarily kills a child in the womb I really hope all you who are saying abortion is right read your bible again and stop trying to say the bible doesn't talk of abortion know that abortion was not happening back in the days besides don't forget the bible condemns the inventors of evil things because it was known that in the latter days things like cigarette and abortion tools will be invented....
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
chukwudi44:

Abeg help me tell them.There are so many people looking for foster kids.
How many have you adopted?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by anibi9674: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
The question my brother is the definition of Human being. Thats why I talked about where to draw the line.

PS,
This would flow a lot better if you answered my questions as well
I repeat
If a pregnancy would kill a woman, would you allow her carry it till the end still?
Do you think it is morally right to ask a woman who was Molested by an armed robber to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes / Coronavirus: Make Sanitary Materials Available At Worship Centres - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.