Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? (12663 Views)

Five Ways You Can Identify A Good Church To Attend / Five Ways To Identify A Good Church To Attend / ”How To Identify A Yoruba Demon” Church Program By Harvesters International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 1:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hello everyone, I went for this church program I was invited by a friend who claims the man of God sees and reveal things to people, while at the service the pastor said to me that I have always been obsess about school and I also want to be a professor in which I reply in affirmative and he also said I applied for admission 3 times which is true and he said that I have great destiny and in fact he says I would be working in aso rock all I need is a little connection to work there... And he also ask me if I know any ANGELA which I said no because I have never heard any connections with anyone call Angela which I reply... And he said I been robbed spiritually that is why things are not working according to plan.. . He later said I should pray to God today by 12am for God to reveal who that Angela is... And he also ask me to come with my certificate for him to pray for me...
To be candid I don't believe all this pastors, am more of a spiritual person than religious... I know I will make it by God's grace without a pastor telling me...
But guys what do you think?
Should I go on Sunday?
Have you ever had an experienced like this and what did you do... I need your input on this?
Lalasticlala happy birthday Show me some love too
Mynd44
Oam4j
Seun

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hi,
I'm a follower of Christ....and if you sincerely want to know if someone's of God, do the following:
You sincerely pray, pray and more pray. You test the spirit by the spirit. You line up what a person says by the Word of God.
Be very careful about who you listen to..and who allegedly "prophesies" things in your life.
God is more than willing to reveal to you your purpose in life.
The enemy has studied you since you were born. Sometimes he can "foretell" certain events and actually get them right. But that is not a true sign of a man of God.
I'm not calling all pastors demonic....but just be very careful about what information you receive from people.
By the way, Happy Birthday.

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by easterwick(m): 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
All human are false including i speaking to you
love ur enemies and live ur life, as long u believe in jesus christ
there is nothing anyone can do about it
we all are evil
if you can love ur enemies, u closer to God but i bet 101% no one can do this cuz you have no idea of what is inside you.
you that test the spirit can you love ur neighbour as urself?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by enshy: 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
@tens4real, God bless You.
He that prophesieth speaketh unto men (believers) to edification, exhortation and comfort - I Corinthians 14:3.
A true Man of God edifies, exhorts and comforts.
But here you are, you are constrained nd restricted in Spirit. Gods perfect casts out Fear.
I pray in the name of Jesus, you will not see Angela but Jesus...May every attempt to ensnare you lead to frustrations now!!!!
The Bible says in Psalm 145:15 - 'the eyes of all wait upon thee, and thou givest them their meat in due season'
This a test and God is watching you if you will lose your guard...Please 'watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit ye like men, be strong' - I Cor 15:13.
Your Blessing is Close...God will reward your faithfulness in no time...Run from the false Prophet and the agent of darkness: whom rebuke steadfast in the faith, resist that agent of darkness and his witch Angela, he will flee from you.

I am praying for you.

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2017
enshy:
@tens4real, God bless You.
He that prophesieth speaketh unto men (believers) to edification, exhortation and comfort - I Corinthians 14:3.
A true Man of God edifies, exhorts and comforts.
But here you are, you are constrained nd restricted in Spirit. Gods perfect casts out Fear.
I pray in the name of Jesus, you will not see Angela but Jesus...May every attempt to ensnare you lead to frustrations now!!!!
The Bible says in Psalm 145:15 - 'the eyes of all wait upon thee, and thou givest them their meat in due season'
This a test and God is watching you if you will lose your guard...Please 'watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit ye like men, be strong' - I Cor 15:13.
Your Blessing is Close...God will reward your faithfulness in no time...Run from the false Prophet and the agent of darkness: whom rebuke steadfast in the faith, resist that agent of darkness and his witch Angela, he will flee from you.

I am praying for you.
thanks a lot I feel so uplifting

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2017
MZLady39:
Hi,
I'm a follower of Christ....and if you sincerely want to know if someone's of God, do the following:
You sincerely pray, pray and more pray. You test the spirit by the spirit. You line up what a person says by the Word of God.
Be very careful about who you listen to..and who allegedly "prophesies" things in your life.
The enemy has studied you since you were born. Sometimes he can "foretell" certain events and actually get them right. But that is not a true sign of a man of God.
I'm not calling all pastors demonic....but just be very careful about what information you receive from people.
thanks a lot I feel so confused
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2017
easterwick:
All human are false including i speaking to you
love ur enemies and live ur life, as long u believe in jesus christ
there is nothing anyone can do about it
we all are evil
if you can love ur enemies, u closer to God but i bet 101% no one can do this cuz you have no idea of what is inside you.
you that test the spirit can you love ur neighbour as urself?
words
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
Is your friend privy to all the information the 'prophet' gave you?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2017
Mementoes:
Is your friend privy to all the information the 'prophet' gave you?
No in fact the whole church heard everything thing...
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 10:06am On Feb 19, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Oam4j please I need people's view on this especially today
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real:
No in fact the whole church heard everything thing...
I meant before the program.
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by tens4real(m): 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2017
Mementoes:

I meant before the program.
no

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
grin grin grin grin

I have never bought whatever it is they were selling...at least the Jehovah's Witnesses don't bullshit you.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by fulaniHERDSman(m): 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
None of them is true ... they are all the same.
If anything is anti-christ, its the today's church ... all very busy chasing earthly possessions while uprooting the last traces of christlike living and pursuit of heaven cool

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by benzics(m): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
You simply can't, cause they are all men of themselves, stealing your money with your consent and awareness.. . It's time you all realize you are the gods you seek!

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Middlefinger1: 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Tpave(m): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
They are all the same working towards the same purpose.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by oluFELAxy(m): 3:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
If he does not do Altar Calls, I don't think he is real.

And if he is doing some spiritual gymnastics with the Anointing, I don't think he is real.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Iamdmentor1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
Too many people are misled. The main thing is to have a personal relationship with God and the Holy spirit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Donald3d(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real in this times its really hard to spot a true servant of God
But a few pointers would help:
Does he always make reference to the word of God
Does he always acknowledge that Jesus is Lord

All this might be present and it might not be true .
The best way I know to spot a true man of God is asking for the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit would always guide you aright
The Holy Spirit would always tell you what is wrong from what is right .
God bless you !.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
His conduct.
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Richy4(m): 3:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
tens4real:
Hello everyone, I went for this church program I was invited by a friend who claims the man of God sees and reveal things to people, while at the service the pastor said to me that I have always been obsess about school and I also want to be a professor in which I reply in affirmative and he also said I applied for admission 3 times which is true and he said that I have great destiny and in fact he says I would be working in aso rock all I need is a little connection to work there... And he also ask me if I know any ANGELA which I said no because I have never heard any connections with anyone call Angela which I reply... And he said I been robbed spiritually that is why things are not working according to plan.. . He later said I should pray to God today by 12am for God to reveal who that Angela is... And he also ask me to come with my certificate for him to pray for me...
To be candid I don't believe all this pastors, am more of a spiritual person than religious... I know I will make it by God's grace without a pastor telling me...
But guys what do you think?
Should I go on Sunday?
Have you ever had an experienced like this and what did you do... I need your input on this?

When you hear something like that, just run away and don't look back....Danger sign..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Iruobean(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
J
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
When you know you are not ready to believe him, why go in the first place? Now you are confused.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Rick9(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
Don't know, just patiently waiting for those religious enthusiasts to comment, I really want to know
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by anonimi: 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Easy.
Read your Bible (or Koran) by yourself and apply the standards set therein to prove the claimants.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Nake.d, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

From: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25&version=KJV

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3387272_cdatausersdefappsappdatainternetexplorertempsavedimages944034101539392828963508174362134222353068n_jpeg9f14d18b22820e8aa84a71659b27ff28

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
Test the spirit if it's of the devil. He has not asked of money or anything yet. He only offered to pray on your certificate. Why are you quick to judge?

Why not observe more before you pounce on him.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Cmeo(m): 3:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
The topic is misleading in comparism with the original post.
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by themonk(m): 3:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
grin
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
MZLady39:
Hi,
+1
Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by businesscitadel(m): 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lol, the pastor was cold reading you grin and you were just dashing him all the info he will need to plot his next attack. It doesn't matter if Angela exists or not your pocket is the target.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Identify A True Man Of God? by Eagleword14(f): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2017
If you are true child of God, the HolyGhost in you will reveal to you. Pray and ask for God's direction whenever u were invited to attend a church.......before its said that u wil know a true man of God by the WORD he preaches but I don't think it's stil applicable cos even some fake ones preaches repentance. I'm a living witness of God's revelations pertaining this....once I step my feet in such churches, the revelation comes and nothing will make me repeat the visit no matter how enticing d church is. ONLY GOD KNOWS HIS OWN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? / How Could The Prince Of Persia Restrain Angel Gabriel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.